The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"First generation: talk me out of this."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 56839 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-01-14, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"First generation: talk me out of this."
My phone contract is about to expire. My phone pretty much already has: it's at the point where attempting to use any function is playing Application Roulette. What will I open? Who will I call? Only the random number deity knows for sure, and it ain't telling. Also, it canceled my health insurance under the rules of its own electronic faith, but never mind that for now. The point is that my contract is expiring, my phone is dying, and both pretty much deserve it.

And in less than a month, Amazon will be releasing its own phone.

I've been doing okay with the Kindle, right...? I still have to get exact details on any future contract, but the phone itself would cost me $214. And if I order Really Soon, that price will include a bonus year of Prime membership, which was $100 which I was going to wind up paying anyway...

I do like to think of myself as that early-adopter 2% when finances permit.

http://tinyurl.com/jwhha3g

Someone talk me out of this.

By Sunday. I think I'm ordering it on Sunday.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: First generation: talk me out ... kingfish 07-01-14 1
   RE: First generation: talk me out ... Estee 07-01-14 3
       RE: First generation: talk me out ... kingfish 07-01-14 4
       RE: First generation: talk me out ... snidget 07-01-14 5
           RE: First generation: talk me out ... kingfish 07-01-14 6
       RE: First generation: talk me out ... PagongRatEater 07-02-14 7
 RE: First generation: talk me out ... dabo 07-01-14 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 17357 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-14, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: First generation: talk me out of this."
You gave yourself a week to decide. Sounds about right. Some time to ponder, but not too much, not so that you’d get mired down in indecision.

I am the least qualified person I know to give advice on this, but since that has never stopped me before, here goes.

T-Mobile gave me unlimited data, local call, text and more long distance than I have any use for for $30 something. I don't know exactly because the pro-rated cell phone charge runs it up to $53.

T-Mobile doesn't have the widest coverage, I think that's Verison or Sprint, both of which beat T-Mobile. But I wouldn't think that would be a problem in your area. In my area Verison might have been a better choice, but I’m stuck (until the cell is paid off). And T-Mobile does OK.

You could also use it internationally (those costs aren’t free however) if you travel (you have to call them and ask them to flip a switch, or something, before you go), but I think that’s true of the others also. I found out the hard way that sending pictures from (won’t say where) is very pricey, and it isn’t worth it to send a picture home of the best meal you ever ate (OK, it was France) on a whim.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 56839 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-14, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: First generation: talk me out of this."
Based on what I'm seeing in the page, buying the phone locks me into AT&T.

07-01-14, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: First generation: talk me out of this."
Maybe that would exempt you from getting ATT fliers, Email, and phone calls?

Eh, probably not.

snidget 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-01-14, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snidget Click to send private message to snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: First generation: talk me out of this."
FWIW, in my area, despite the claims, I seem to have more coverage with the Death Star than most of my friends with the other carriers.

Although the rebels do hold some territory around here that are complete and total dead zones for any kind of cell transmission.

07-01-14, 01:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: First generation: talk me out of this."
That's because Ewoks eat cell phones. On sight.

They are cute and snuggly cell phone munchers.

PagongRatEater 12987 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-14, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: First generation: talk me out of this."
ATT does NOT offer an unlimited data plan, which is why I switched after 15 years with the company. I would go with the best plan but I use my phone. A lot.

From a device perspective, most of the carriers have lots of good options. I have a Galaxy and love it but have been told the HTC is the way to go.

dabo 26368 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-14, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: First generation: talk me out of this."
Artificial Entity Says...

You May Not Work On the Sabbath!

Phones Must Have a Day of Rest!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •