The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bob Hoskins (71)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26249 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-30-14, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bob Hoskins (71)"
Rest in peace.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/10798551/Bob-Hoskins-dies-at-71.html

Hoskins retired from acting in 2012 at the age of 69 after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.

Terrible way to end Parkinson's Awareness Month. http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID6/38398.shtml

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 One of the greatest.... newsomewayne 04-30-14 1
   RE: One of the greatest.... Estee 04-30-14 2
 RE: Bob Hoskins (71) jbug 05-02-14 3
   RE: Bob Hoskins (71) dabo 05-02-14 4
   RE: Bob Hoskins (71) newsomewayne 05-05-14 5
   RE: Bob Hoskins (71) PsychoKitty 05-08-14 6
   RE: Bob Hoskins (71) kingfish 05-08-14 7
   and on Monday? jbug 05-08-14 8
       RE: and on Monday? PsychoKitty 05-08-14 9
           RE: and on Monday? jbug 05-13-14 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

newsomewayne 9254 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-14, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "One of the greatest...."
action heroes of all time. RIP, Bob.

Shhhhhhhhh. You smell something? Cross-streaming by JSlice, 2005

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 56616 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-14, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: One of the greatest...."
...what did he ever do to you?

jbug 16900 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-14, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bob Hoskins (71)"
I'll jump up on my soapbox for a bit on this one.

Pneumonia is one of the biggest concerns for all PD patients. Parkinsons by itself doesn't kill. Pneumonia, choking & strangling, falls because of poor balance and "freezing" and other related problems do.

My DH & I participated in a PD research project this month by donating blood for a new research project. They needed blood from people who do not have neurological diseases as well so his doctor used both of us.

I wear a bracelet every day "WHATEVER IT TAKES TO BEAT PARKINSON'S" .

DH had surgery Wednesday a week ago to cut a muscle in his throat to allow food to move down past a sphincter in the esophagus. He had to stay over 2 nights. On Friday morning, he drank some broth and immediately got strangled. The doctor said swelling might have caused it. By Tuesday this week, he has been able to eat soft foods without getting strangled.
He had another barium swallow test yesterday that showed the food & drink moving past the previously obstructed point.
He will have to eat very slowly and swallow several times for every bite of food he takes. He won't be able to consume enough food by mouth to maintain, so he'll rely on the PEG for nutrition. But being able to eat a bit of food for pleasure will be wonderful.

Parkinson's Disease brings daily challenges for the patient and for the caregiver.

PD patients often don't feel comfortable around a lot of people because people do not understand what they see. If someone stops in front of you and just seems to stand there? Please don't get upset and tell them to move; they may have 'frozen' and are doing their best to get their brain to signal their feet to move. If you see a person drooling, please understand that he or she has no control over it and will most likely have a handkerchief or napkin to use. The voice may be low and difficult to hear; handwriting is very small and cramped.
I ask that you be kind and teach others to be kind and understanding as well.

And? if you have a few $$ to spare and want to donate to a worthy cause, Parkinson's Disease research is a great one. There is no cure for PD. At this time, only the symptoms can be treated.

Thank you RTVW friends.

dabo 26249 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-14, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bob Hoskins (71)"
Thank you for that wonderful post. For all that we try and have fun around here, it is good to get down to earth every so often.

newsomewayne 9254 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-14, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bob Hoskins (71)"
What Dabo said. Post about it whenever, however you feel. Thank you for help in understanding of what others are going through.

PsychoKitty 712 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-08-14, 02:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bob Hoskins (71)"
Dear jbug,

I am so terribly sorry that Parkinson's is part of your and your husband's journey. You sound like a beautiful team, and you are lucky to have each other!

I had no idea Bob Hoskins had Parkinson's and was very surprised by his death. How very sad! He was a brilliant actor and seemed to be a great person.

I wish you the very best,
PsychoKitty

kingfish 17178 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-14, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bob Hoskins (71)"
My heart and hopes are with you and your Dear Husband, June Bug.

And I appreciate the educational advice you gave.

Hopefully we can get in front of this disease.

05-08-14, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "and on Monday?"
DH was doing terrible at therapy; had another barium swallow test and aspirated during it. Followed with a chest x-ray and yes, he has aspiration pneumonia.
His doctor started him on Levoquin Monday night but Tuesday evening he was having trouble breathing so we went to the ER where he was admitted and spent the night getting breathing treatments and IV antibiotics.

Back home yesterday; me back at work today.
He's felling ok.

And if all the problems we deal with every day with PD isn't enough? I may lose my job.
I know I have had to miss a lot in the last 2 yrs, but for the first 10 yrs I worked here, I never called in sick or missed even one day.
If they are smart, they'll hire someone who I can train as a back up for me & who can do other work here as well.

PsychoKitty 712 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-08-14, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: and on Monday?"
Dear jbug,

How terribly frightening that must have been for both of you. I am so sorry! I hope your DH is on the mend! And that your boss realizes what a treasure they have in you! And takes some of the pressure off . . .

05-13-14, 04:35 PM (EST)
10. "RE: and on Monday?"
I think he has kicked the pneumonia out.
He wants to eat or drink something so bad! But he's afraid of getting pneumonia again.
He has sipped a little juice; very carefully and successfully.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •