The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Redemption, TAR-style."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-09, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Redemption, TAR-style."
Epic fail.

Was I the only one feeling vindicated by Luke's failure at the surfboard puzzle task, despite arriving at the site with a sizable time lead over the other teams?

But there is no much joy in Mudville— mighty Casey Luke has struck out.

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Redemption, TAR-style. byoffer 05-11-09 1
   RE: Redemption, TAR-style. ARnutz 05-11-09 2
       RE: Redemption, TAR-style. Max Headroom 05-11-09 3
           RE: Redemption, TAR-style. ARnutz 05-11-09 4
               RE: Redemption, TAR-style. Snidget 05-11-09 6
                   RE: Redemption, TAR-style. ARnutz 05-11-09 7
                       RE: Redemption, TAR-style. MissMyth 05-11-09 25
                           RE: Redemption, TAR-style. HobbsofMI 05-11-09 29
 RE: Redemption, TAR-style. HobbsofMI 05-11-09 5
 RE: Redemption, TAR-style. samboohoo 05-11-09 8
   RE: Redemption, TAR-style. ARnutz 05-11-09 9
       RE: Redemption, TAR-style. samboohoo 05-11-09 10
           RE: Redemption, TAR-style. ARnutz 05-11-09 11
           RE: Redemption, TAR-style. Estee 05-11-09 12
 RE: Redemption, TAR-style. jbug 05-11-09 13
 RE: Redemption, TAR-style. Wiggle 05-11-09 14
   RE: Redemption, TAR-style. mindy23 05-11-09 15
       RE: Redemption, TAR-style. PepeLePew13 05-11-09 16
           RE: Redemption, TAR-style. jbug 05-11-09 20
   RE: Redemption, TAR-style. Loree 05-11-09 19
       RE: Redemption, TAR-style. PepeLePew13 05-11-09 22
   RE: Redemption, TAR-style. kidflash212 05-23-09 31
 RE: Redemption, TAR-style. PepeLePew13 05-11-09 17
   RE: Redemption, TAR-style. Estee 05-11-09 18
       RE: Redemption, TAR-style. JessicaRN 05-11-09 21
           RE: Redemption, TAR-style. mtopaz 05-11-09 26
   RE: Redemption, TAR-style. Max Headroom 05-11-09 23
       RE: Redemption, TAR-style. HobbsofMI 05-11-09 24
           RE: Redemption, TAR-style. cambo 05-11-09 27
       RE: Redemption, TAR-style. Bursar 05-12-09 30
 RE: Redemption, TAR-style. Belle Book 05-11-09 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
I was torn between cheering against Luke and cheering for Margie. She was the bionic woman in that carry-the-pig challenge, as she was many other times in the show. She deserved to win.

Luke certainly seemed like a big suck. Even on the mat, the race was all about him with very little about his mom racing. Sure, he got all sappy about her knowing how to sign, but he should have celebrated her performance on the race.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
I agree. Margie was amazing. She totally rocked the tasks over the whole race. I still did not like how she treated Jen/Kisha and seeing something that was not there, but I can appreciate her mama bear mentality.

In the end, I would have been OK with them winning, but I am glad Victor and Tammy did instead. It didn't matter to me as long as Jaime the shrew did not win.

05-11-09, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
It didn't matter to me as long as Jaime the shrew did not win.

Funny, I didn't care who won either, as long as it wasn't Luke the spoiled, whiny brat. I guess that's why they have chocolate and vanilla.

05-11-09, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
So I guess we can conclude that the Tammy/Victor win was the best possible scenario all around.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
Pretty much, kinda like the lesser of several evils.

I did like that Tammy/Victor did seem to be more interested in racing than in getting involved in the drama.

I got home and turned on the TV when Margie/Luke were in a strong lead and I kinda feared they would win. If Margie could win without Luke...

So many teams to not like this year, and so few to root for.

Still it didn't make up for the disappointment later in the evening at the end of the longest reality TV finale in history.

05-11-09, 09:15 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
Yes. If only Margie could win without Luke and if only Cara could win without Jaime. Would be cool of people could switch partners, huh?

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-11-09, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-09 AT 04:16 PM (EST)

It would be SO cool if TAR would put that in as a new twist. After three legs teams can change partners.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
NO, NO, NO... don't even mess with it that way.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

05-11-09, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
And Margie set it up by saying how hard he studied on the plane just for this task.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-09 AT 09:25 AM (EST)

I was disapointed for them. For both of them.

I'm probably the only one who felt that way.

ETA: I was fine with any of the three teams winning. I just felt bad that he went out that way.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

05-11-09, 09:25 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
Yes, but you were also one of the rare few who like Dandrew.

Makes me question your tastes.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
Vanilla, vanilla, vanilla, vanilla!

I made an edit above. I just didn't hate Luke and Margie like others did.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

05-11-09, 09:28 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.

LOL

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
Dan & Andrew were not vanilla. On their best day, they barely reached bubble gum pistachio.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
We hear every one of the racers making comments while they are attempting a task - when they are having trouble - whatever.
Every one of them could be considered to be 'whining' or complaining. The tone of voice is different with each person.

I can't help but think that because of Luke's speech issues, he sounds more like he is whining than the others. If he could speak clearly, I wonder then if we wouldn't hear him any differently than the others.
I don't think his whining was any worse than hearing Jamie cry all thru the race "this is ridiculous".

Luke worked hard at the final task. It turned into a real roadblock for him - as it did for Cara (or was that Jamie?).

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Wiggle 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-09, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wiggle Click to send private message to Wiggle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-09 AT 10:59 AM (EST)

If I were Luke and his mom I think in retrospect I'd be more pissed off that the cheerleaders screwed them than about losing. I found it despicable that after Luke helped them get the final task done they didn't wait around for him to finish, tandem in the taxis, and cross the finish line together.

Maybe I missed something, or maybe I'm just too much of an optimist about human character, but I hope they split the 2nd/3rd prize money.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-11-09, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
Did I see this wrong, or did Jamie NOT show Luke her boards first? I thought it was that way, but then, my brain sometimes gets things screwed up. Either way, Luke himself said many times, "This is for a million dollars", especially when he set back a team or two, so what do you expect?

Especially of the super beotches, who had never come in first, never even close, until the race before, when it wasn't even a final race. I'm sure their heads were wrapped around that mil, as was everyone else.

I thought it was just cool how they all helped each other. I don't remember seeing that in any of the previous TAR finales, but again-blame my pain meds. I think I'm having an epiphany right now, and seeing Luke show Jamie his, but I could swear it was the scorpions that Jamie showed Luke first?? Someone help me here. OR I'll just re-watch...

In any case, I was at the point that I was rooting for V&T, mostly because they chose to treat everyone fairly, kindly and stayed out of the total drama that happened in the last few episodes. That pig had to weigh more than Tammy, God help her! And the big hug she gave Margie showed that she really is a decent person.

As I've said before, this has been a really VANILLA season for me, too. Next season, let's spice things up a bit more, and get some people who are ready to rumble, who listen and obey the rules, and are willing to win without so much whining and jerking people around!

Side note: I was thinking the sisters would never have made it though that boat/water ordeal. That could have been the end for them. But there really wasn't any swimming involved, so who knows??

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-09 AT 11:06 AM (EST)

Luke showed Jaime the first board, then after she found the board and completed all eleven, she and Cara were about to leave then they suddenly turned around and showed Luke the boards that he needed to complete the task.

And in reply to Wiggle (post #14 above yours), Luke and Margie left moments later than Cara and Jaime, so they obviously got a bad taxi that caused them to arrive by a later margin than they had left. I suppose C/J could have waited for L/M but they only had one that they were stuck on while Luke was stuck on two, so I think C/J deserved second place more than L/M did.

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
I did think that Jamie (or was it Cara) should have showed Luke which board or boards he needed (I think he was down to just needing the scorpions at that point) before she went to find her missing one.
Trading info and then each finding the board they needed would have been more fair.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
I always thought only first place received any prize money in TAR. The travel around the world was suppose to be the prize for the rest, wasn't it? Plus anytime you finish 1st on a leg and receive a prize.

Do 2nd and 3rd get prize money?

05-11-09, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
They all do get money.

Prize payouts

As TARflies Times excellent TAR FAQ notes, Aaron from “The Amazing Race 6” reported on Television Without Pity that teams receive the following payments, which of course they have to split with each other:

Winner, $1,000,000
Runner-up, $25,000
3rd $10,000
4th $7,000
5th $6,000
6th $5,000
7th $4,000
8th $3,500
9th $3,000
10th $2,500
11th $1,500

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-23-09, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
"If I were Luke and his
mom I think in retrospect
I'd be more pissed off
that the cheerleaders screwed them
than about losing. I
found it despicable that after
Luke helped them get the
final task done they didn't
wait around for him to
finish, tandem in the taxis,
and cross the finish line
together.

Maybe I missed something, or maybe
I'm just too much of
an optimist about human character,
but I hope they split
the 2nd/3rd prize money."

Then again - there was a miniscule chance that T & V's cab could have gotten a flat or lost or taken them to the wrong golf course. Waiting for another team would not make much sense then.

05-11-09, 11:07 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."

>Was I the only one feeling
>vindicated by Luke's failure at
>the surfboard puzzle task,

If anyone feels the need to be "vindicated" over how a certain team member finished, then YMMV. How does one get to be "vindicated" anyway?

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
First, you need a VIN number...

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-11-09, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
There was a story in the Denver Post this morning, that said that Margie and Luke would watch the show every Sunday with the deaf community in Colorado Springs. Luke graduated as the Valedictorian of the Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind.

They seemed surprised (disappointed) that Luke being gay was not mentioned. He was strictly depicted as "the deaf guy." He liked the cheerleaders like sisters.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-11-09, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
Well, that's clearly because Mike & Mel were the gays in the race this time around. Sorry Luke, but only one specialized category per contestant. Them's the rules.

/snark

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

05-11-09, 01:43 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
vin·di·cate (vnd-kt)
tr.v. vin·di·cat·ed, vin·di·cat·ing, vin·di·cates
1. To clear of accusation, blame, suspicion, or doubt with supporting arguments or proof: "Our society permits people to sue for libel so that they may vindicate their reputations" Irving R. Kaufman.
2. To provide justification or support for: vindicate one's claim.
3. To justify or prove the worth of, especially in light of later developments.
4. To defend, maintain, or insist on the recognition of (one's rights, for example).
5. To exact revenge for; avenge.

I didn't like Luke. At all. And I was glad to see him fail so miserably.

Is it wrong to actively root against a reality TV contestant?

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

05-11-09, 02:07 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
Was it because he was gay? (I find it funny that they are mad at TARs for not bringing it up)

I didn't like Luke too much too but it was all his mother fault cause she said he studied so hard for it. I can understand brain lock but when he got locked up and frustrated it was as bad as Jamie at taxi drivers or Victor locked into leading or trying to spell a Russian poet (oh...that was him too and should have been a clue to Margie to take it).

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-11-09, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
I thought L/M would cruise to victory after that huge lead they had, but once Luke got two of the boards wrong I knew his frustration would get the better of him. It looked like he just started throwing up any board he could find.

Bursar 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-09, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bursar Click to send private message to Bursar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
>
>I didn't like Luke. At
>all. And I was
>glad to see him fail
>so miserably.
>
>Is it wrong to actively root
>against a reality TV contestant?
>
>
I am so with you there, Max.

Now if only Coach can fail so spectacularly, life will be good.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-11-09, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Redemption, TAR-style."
Mostly, I felt sorry for Luke. But since he definitely came off as whiny and complaining, I wasn't too sorry for him.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •