The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD-10 Top Fourteen ECST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-30-13, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD-10 Top Fourteen ECST"
Fourteen remaining, who will go home this week, who will get the good routines, and who will get a miss. And just how useless will the guest jidge be this week?

Keep it all here until the West coast recovers from their drinking game.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Fourteen ECST Snidget 07-30-13 1
   RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Fourteen ECST aethelstan 07-31-13 25
 In Danger Snidget 07-30-13 2
   RE: In Danger udg 07-30-13 9
 Jenna and Tucker Snidget 07-30-13 3
   RE: Jenna and Tucker qwertypie 07-31-13 17
   RE: Jenna and Tucker Sagebrush Dan 07-31-13 24
 Alexis and Nico Snidget 07-30-13 4
 Hayley and Not Curtis Snidget 07-30-13 5
   RE: Hayley and Not Curtis JessicaRN 07-31-13 18
 Makenzie and Paul Snidget 07-30-13 6
 Jasmine H and Aaron Snidget 07-30-13 7
   RE: Jasmine H and Aaron udg 07-30-13 14
       RE: Jasmine H and Aaron JessicaRN 07-31-13 19
 Amy and Fik-Shun Snidget 07-30-13 8
   RE: Amy and Fik-Shun JessicaRN 07-31-13 20
 Malece and Alan Snidget 07-30-13 10
   RE: Malece and Alan udg 07-30-13 15
   RE: Malece and Alan qwertypie 07-31-13 22
       RE: Malece and Alan Sagebrush Dan 07-31-13 23
           RE: Malece and Alan qwertypie 08-02-13 28
 Mini Group Number 1 Snidget 07-30-13 11
 Mini Group Number 2 Snidget 07-30-13 12
   RE: Mini Group Number 2 udg 07-30-13 16
 Going Home is... Snidget 07-30-13 13
   RE: Going Home is... JessicaRN 07-31-13 21
       RE: Going Home is... aethelstan 07-31-13 27
 RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Fourteen ECST aethelstan 07-31-13 26
   RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Fourteen ECST qwertypie 08-02-13 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-30-13, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Fourteen ECST"
Intro Group Dance

Dimman Kryper Sakta In
District 76

Sonya and Dmitri choreographed that.

Cat in a peach strapless number.

Start the show with bad news. Curtis not in the opening number, damaged his shoulder in rehearsals, cannot perform this week. I thought they were one guy down.

2 mini group numbers.

Jidges

Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, Anna Kendrick (who?) she has lots of awards.

Cat says Anna was geeking out earlier but gets shushed.

Curtis can dance in, but has to be careful.

Recappage

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-31-13, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Fourteen ECST"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-13 AT 01:21 PM (EST)

Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, Anna Kendrick (who?) she has lots of awards.

I've seen Anna in both Pitch Perfect (where she does the 'Cups' song that has been getting a lot of radio play these days) and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. She had got a Tony nom as well as an Oscar nom (for Up in the Air with George Clooney).

I can't believe how useless Carly Rae was last week. She was completely embarrassing.

07-30-13, 08:15 PM (EST)
2. "In Danger"
Bottom three guys and girls, call name step forward.

Jasmine, Alan, Alexis, Curtis, Mackenzie, Nico.

Back line is safe.

Who send to safety?

Cat, not send any of the boys to safety, but dismiss them for later, no solos for you.

Save MacKenzie again this week.

See Alexis and Jasmine's solos.

Alexis
Stand By Me
Ben E King

Jasmine
Endangered Species
Danine Reeves

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-30-13, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: In Danger"
Wow! Alexis's solo was a-maz-ing! I think the judges like Jasmine better, so I don't know how they'll be able to keep her, but they should.

07-30-13, 08:26 PM (EST)
3. "Jenna and Tucker"
THUMB SOCKS...you need thumbsocks to keep you from texting!?!?!?!?

Dance day pimpage.

How they caught the dance bug in the first place.

About Killing it in the club, Hip Hop Routine

Slight Work
Wale

Nigel. It was a little unconvincing. What Luther did there was give you a routine with a lot of feel, and you really have to believe in it. Tucker, too upright, Jenna to sweet and neat, to upright, unmemorable.

Mary. That was a bit harsh. You blew us away last week, this wasn't a slam dunk. Tucker you did attack. Did this fit you, no, but you went after it. Full of energy. Jenna I think you faired a little bit better. Started off cocky and I thought you were fabulous.

Anna. Felt America noticed you, not your strongest, a little cute, but I didn't hate that. It wasn't the original intention, but so lovable.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-13, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jenna and Tucker"
Wow, that really sucked and I blame Luther Brown for that mess.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-13, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Jenna and Tucker"
Yup, a jumbled mess.

07-30-13, 08:38 PM (EST)
4. "Alexis and Nico"
Sonya Tayeh routine

And guess what, a relationship falling apart dance...

He knows it is over, she isn't ready to leave.

Ashes
The Bengsons.

Mary. Pimping Sonya, and group number pimping. That standing run, haunting. The desperation in it, could feel it. The nuances, that turn, through yourself down, such abandonment, jump on the back. the ronde went and you finished that movement out.

Anna, sad you are in danger, such range and complexity. Never just one thing, the contempt and sorrow there. Build this tension, and when just look at each other I couldn't breathe.

Nigel. pimping the talent. Gave a great account of yourself. For me it had nothing to do with the steps, bring out emotion in you. You found something special, have that smile, but you had to tap into something different. Nico you found a strength as well.

07-30-13, 08:50 PM (EST)
5. "Hayley and Not Curtis"
Miriam and Leonardo choreographers.

Argentine Tango. Met on the dance floor. Curtis injured shoulder, so stand in, not sure who, yet.

Este Es El Rey
Juan Darienzo

Anna. I'll defer to Mary for the ballroom critique, they were giving you this sexy girl narrative. So compelling and emotional, established yourself as an emotional dancer, then you do something like this so sexy and cool, if I could have your body for a day.

Nigel. She nailed everything Leonardo partnered here. The lift where nothing moves for a second, was stunning. I saw forever Tango, all the men all look pissed off, why.

Cat says the mean and moody thing gets the girls every time.

Mary. IT was so impressive, to think you were ever clumsy. You were breath taking that freeze, ooze down out of it. When he took your face, amazing, the fury of those gaunchos. Had everything, I want to be you today, and I want to dance with Leonardo.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-31-13, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Hayley and Not Curtis"
I think she got very lucky when poor Curtis hurt his shoulder. Wow!

07-30-13, 08:57 PM (EST)
6. "Makenzie and Paul"
Sonya routine and he has to take his shirt off.

You'll Find A Way
SantiGold

Nigel. You were both brilliant in that. I don't understand what America isn't seeing in you MacKenzie, has nothing to do with your dancing. Paul you are going a long way to winning this one.

Mary. When someone starts fantastic, they don't catch a break. Paul sonya brought out another side of you, really gritty.

Anna. Paul and MVP and MacKenzie no question about your technique, you have been given a beautiful character, this had the power coming from your ability, not the seductress character.

07-30-13, 09:07 PM (EST)
7. "Jasmine H and Aaron"
Justin Giles routine.

The Giving Tree story.

Apple as a prop, he is trying to get her last apple.

The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
Birdy

Mary. That was seriously interesting number. Any of us deal with props, they can be dangerous. We throw it away about 30 seconds in. Had the whole routine with the apple. Jasmine, the transition, made me feel like the apple was part of your body. Aaron, the tenderness you bring to leading her.

Anna. Props do make you nervous, even if you had dropped it, it was real to you that loss. Real emotional thing for you. Jasmine your extension I feel like you have such grace I would watch you eat cereal. Aaron, I need you to give me a piggy back ride later.

Nigel. Tells the Giving Tree Story. It is all about unconditional love, you both give to each other beautifully.

07-30-13, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jasmine H and Aaron"
Justin Giles wrote a routine based on The Giving Tree, but never read the book? Or maybe something was lost in translation.

Either way, that was gorgeous. I'm going to be sad if either Jasmine or Alexis goes home.

07-31-13, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Jasmine H and Aaron"
I loved that. I would have been dropping that apple all over the place.

He is my favorite male dancer. It sounds like he has been around the biz his whole life.

I like them as a couple, but when she does her solos, she isn't as captivating.

07-30-13, 09:18 PM (EST)
8. "Amy and Fik-Shun"
Hip Hop by Chris Scott.

Late Night Restaurant, she is the waitress, he is regular customer makes a move on her.

Let's Get It On
Marvin Gaye

Anna. Can I take you home with me, you are so cute. Amy you are my favorite human being. Amy elevates Fik-shun, see him in his wheel house. You would never know stuff goes sideways.

Nigel. It was tremendous. On cumulative points no one could touch you. You are always similar characters. I can't wait to see you branch out. Look at the great duets, you are with them.

Mary. Spectacular, cute as a button, upset it was over, I wanted it to keep going on and on. Fik-shun, the right groove, you are in it. You gave us a lesson. Popped right back up. First class ticket.

07-31-13, 01:05 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Amy and Fik-Shun"
I could not take my eyes off of Fik-Shun. He is kind of like a hip hop Charlie Chaplin.

07-30-13, 09:29 PM (EST)
10. "Malece and Alan"
Salsa Jonathan returning as a choreographer

Roller coaster ride of salsa.

Pa' Los Rumberos
Tito Puentes & His Orchestra

Was the light supposed to go out?

So I didn't think she was that good at at end, lets see how much they lurved it.

Nigel. The energy level needed was ridiculous. The Dive down lift. Had to give to the girl who got dropped. It was a tremendous routine, well danced. Alan you were there for her, would like to see a little more from the body, you sold that routine. Malece a bit sucking air at the end like a goldfish out of water.

Mary. That routine was insane. Fastest salsa, I don't know how many lifts, the athleticism, and getting back on time. A flurry of lifts. Malece you were a huge surprise, you were hot. Lots of yummy actions going on, many types of rhythms. Alan best partner ever for her.

Anna. I don't always get ballroom, that made me want to take lessons and have an affair on a tropical island. That routine was terrifying, and I never felt nervous. I feel you guys should make a baby.

07-30-13, 10:32 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Malece and Alan"
I still don't think Malece is as good as they say she is. Her posture seemed off a lot of the time, and she appeared to be lost for a few measures toward the end. Sadly, all the lifts & tricks will get her plenty of votes again this week.

07-31-13, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Malece and Alan"
Malece needs to work on her core muscles. And bringing her knees together.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-13, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Malece and Alan"
Uh...oh....never mind.

08-02-13, 03:22 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Malece and Alan"
Smooch!

07-30-13, 09:39 PM (EST)
11. "Mini Group Number 1"
Spencer Liff

Brodway, cool version, pool hall dance,

Likes to dance with props.

Come Together
Joe Cocker

Spencer stepped in for Curtis.

Anna. Like boring how good you guys are. I don't even know. This reminded me that I want to give a shout out to the steady cam operators.

Nigel. I don't think Spencer Liff helped, it put you in comparison with a professional. My eyes were on Spencer, just shows you where the next level is. Girls, you were tremendous. Malece a little uncomfortable. Tired from Salsa. All of the dancers are terrific.

Mary. Spence was great. My eyes were drawn. Nico it was weak compared to him. Girls you killed it.

07-30-13, 09:50 PM (EST)
12. "Mini Group Number 2"
Bonnie Story, new choreographer.

Tears of an Angel
Ryan Loan?

Mary, so beautiful, social conscious, great conversation. Fabulous. Fik-shun if there was any weak link but you made up for it with passion.

Anna. Sincerity isn't my strong suit. I want to thank you for dedicating so much time to an art form without a lot of platforms.

Nigel. Wanted her on ever since High School Musical. How anyone allows bullying to go on I don't know. Cyberbullying and all and it has to stop. Fik-shun now is the time to improve your technique, you have enough heart and soul. Add technique and you are unstoppable.

07-30-13, 10:41 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Mini Group Number 2"
Holy crap! Amazing routine. The guy in charge of the cameras should be shot for the timing of that rear shot. We were supposed to see the back row turning their backs on the front row, and the impact was lessened by the horrid camera work. Again.

07-30-13, 09:55 PM (EST)
13. "Going Home is..."
Gets tougher, unanimous.

Alexis, Curtis step forward. Loosing two tappers, but you are going home.

That was fast.

07-31-13, 01:09 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Going Home is..."
Anna Kendrick did really well as a guest judge. She kept looking down like she was reading notes, but that's ok. After Carly Rae last week, it was nice to have someone be able to contribute something, even if it was all praise.

07-31-13, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Going Home is..."
I agree. She had some funny lines but I liked how she showed that she had seen all/most of the episodes, referring to previous weeks (like the meet the top 20) and also recognizing the 'edits' that some of the dancers get.

07-31-13, 02:53 PM (EST)
26. "RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Fourteen ECST"
Finished watching finally.

The best number I think was the second mini-group number about bullying though I also enjoyed the pool hall routine too.

To me, FikShun/Amy then Paul/Makenzie had the best numbers followed by Aaron/Jasmine, then tango, Alan/Malece, Nico/Alexis and then a gap, a large gap, the Jenna/Tucker number. Luther Brown is consistently mediocre in his choreo.

I imagine that we'll see Malece, Makenzie (cause she's always in the bottom) and Jenna in the bottom three and for they guys, probably Nico, Alan and Tucker. Tucker may be redeemed by his work in the group routine though.

08-02-13, 03:26 AM (EST)
29. "RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Fourteen ECST"
At least he hasn't used the same move that he did for SYTYCD Canada where the girl was crawling backwards crab like and the guy was crawling on his hand and knees with his head between her legs.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •