The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Season 7 ( Krussell & All Stars) Tour"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-23-10, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Season 7 ( Krussell & All Stars) Tour"
I went to the SYTYCD Tour last night, and it was pretty good. Here’s the dances they did:

• The group Hip Hop dance they did on the Finale choreographed by the LXD guy (and they showed Alex on the video screen doing the hand gestures during that part). Krussell took Twitch’s part.
• Lauren & Krussell (instead of Twitch) doing the Western Hip Hop.
• Kent & Ade (instead of Neil) doing the Baseball Broadway.
• Robert & Courtney doing a Sonya Tayeh Jazz (most of her Jazz routines blend together for me, and it was so unmemorable that I’m surprised that they included it on tour. Maybe because they had to utilize Courtney? It was the one where Courtney had color blocks on her dance pants.)
• Jose & Dominic - B-Boy routine “Sword in the Stone”.
• Lauren & Billy - “Boogie Shoes”.
• Robert & Kathryn – Stacey Tookey Contemp. where she’s going off to war.
• They showed the Alex & Twitch Psychiatrist Hip Hop on videotape.
• Group Sonya Tayeh routine with Season 7’s 7 dancers wearing red & black shredded costumes.
• Season 6’s Kathryn & Russell – “I can transform you” Hip Hop.
• Kent & Robert (instead of Neil) doing Travis Wall’s “How it Ends” Bromance Breakup Contemporary.
• Group Broadway routine to “All That Jazz” (just as boring live as it was on the show).
• Ashley & Dominic – Ninja Assassins Hip Hop.
• Lauren & Adechike – Foxtrot to “Fever”.
• Kent & Allison – Stacey Tookey Contemporary – the perfect couple fighting after an evening out.
• Billy & Robert – Bollywood.
• Group Bollywood.

Intermission

• “Allison in Wonderland” Mia Michaels Group Contemporary routine to “Every Little Thing She Does is Magic” with the chair on the table (this time Lauren was the girl in pink).
• Robert & Dominic clown Hip Hop.
• Kent & Courtney Jazz on round table (another Jazz I didn’t remember that I wonder why they included it on Tour). The only funny part was when Kent was mimicking Courtney, he inhaled helium from a balloon and said, “I love being sassy and strong” when describing the dance.
• Ashley & Ade – Contemporary where she’s broken and they must dance as one.
• Adechike & Lauren (instead of Comfort) – Nappy Tabs Hip Hop to “Falling” where she’s leaving him.
• Jose, Dominic, & Krussell – new routine that combined Hip Hop, B-Boying, and Krumping.
• Group Disco to “When Love Takes Over” where all 5 couples take turns being spotlighted by doing lifts.
• Kent & Kathryn – Sonya Tayeh Jazz (unremarkable except they wore striped shirts).
• Billy & Ade – Stacey Tookey Homeless/Businessman Contemporary.
• Robert & Allison – Travis Wall Contemporary son supporting sick Mom.
• Lauren & Kent – Travis Wall Prom Contemporary to “Collide”.
• Kent & Lauren (instead of Anya) – “My first Kiss” Cha Cha.
• Group dance to “You Can’t Stop the Beat”.
• Only Kent, Krussell, & Lauren did Solos.

The most glaring omissions were Alex not being there, and they didn’t do Wade Robson’s Group Tea & Croquet party dance to “Fame” from the “Meet the Dancers” episode. That would have been much better than the boring Broadway Group number they did. Alex & Allison’s Week 1 Jazz was also 10 times better than the 3 Jazz number they included, but probably there wasn’t another Season 7 contestant that could step into Alex’s shoes to pull it off. Allison was under-utilized.

Overall, it was pretty good show, but not having the original people perform routines made for bad comparisons (although Lauren is a good dancer, she’s not as good a Hip Hopper as Comfort, nor as good a Ballroomer as Anya). And I missed the synergy between Kent & Neil on their two numbers that were substituted by others. And nobody can replace Twitch. I like the All Stars, but they need to bring more of them on Tour so we can get the original dancers to dance the numbers.

Anybody else going?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •