The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thoughts on the new format"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-18-10, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thoughts on the new format"
First of all - while it's nice to see some of my old favorites I find myself not paying alot of attention to the new ones. And they're the ones I should be paying attention to.

Second - I don't like that they are going to have new partners each week. I liked having favorite pairs. Some of them had amazing chemistry. This way we'll never see a relationship build.

Third - I don't like the odd number of contestants. Just because.

Fourth - I know I'll be booed. But I miss Mary.

Overall - I don't like the changes.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thoughts on the new format Glow 06-18-10 1
 RE: Thoughts on the new format djandy 06-18-10 2
 RE: Thoughts on the new format MKitty 06-18-10 3
   RE: Thoughts on the new format Tummy 06-18-10 4
 RE: Thoughts on the new format iltarion 06-19-10 5
 RE: Thoughts on the new format Sagebrush Dan 06-19-10 6
   RE: Thoughts on the new format Tummy 06-23-10 8
 RE: Thoughts on the new format jbug 06-22-10 7
 RE: Thoughts on the new format trigirl 06-23-10 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-18-10, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thoughts on the new format"
I definitely have a problem paying attention to the new ones. Not all the time, but enough to make it a problem. I can't say that I mind that part so much though.

The different partners is kind of a good thing. I liked having favorite pairs too. I don't think we'll see things like this:

But as the contestants get to know the All Stars, I don't see why they can't have chemistry on stage. I've mentioned that I didn't like the idea of one person pulling their partner through week after week because they have a ton of people voting for them. That has been a problem in the past. All of the contestants this year are really good at what they do. I don't think it's a bad thing to have them work with somebody who specializes in a style that is different than their own. Look at what Anya did with Kent, for instance.

I don't miss Mary.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-18-10, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thoughts on the new format"
The good side of the new format is the quality of dancing has gone up tremendously. That's probably what the producers were looking for, resulting in a more entertaining show and more Emmy nominations for Choreography. I like seeing old favorites, but it can work both ways -- I automatically don't like the dances that Lauren is in (although it is easier to watch the newbie dancing with Lauren as opposed to Mark). I also miss the chemistry evolution for the partners.

I also don't like a set judging panel. Nigel's fine if he's not being pervy, so we'll see if he can control himself. Adam, Mia, (and Mary) are better in moderation. I like rotating judges to get some fresh insight, especially from new choreographers. I like Debbie Allen, and wish she was on it more.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-18-10, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thoughts on the new format"
LAST EDITED ON 06-18-10 AT 06:47 PM (EST)

Hello...lime helmut coming your way!!

See my thread started two weeks ago and still current a few down...(never get tired of seeing that picture..poor cat! )

Summarized by the Capn!

06-18-10, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thoughts on the new format"
Oops.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-19-10, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thoughts on the new format"

OMG, are you kidding me? Mary Murphy not being on every show is a big MINUS. She is hilarious, ridiculously excitable, and extremely honest. If you rock the joint, no one screams louder for you, and if you stink it up, no one will tear you down quicker. Best judge on the show and definitely the ENERGY of the judging panel.

A season with no rides on the train?? What a bummer!

Best judge on any reality performance show, with only Simon even close.

I am not a huge Mia fan as a judge, but she was serviceable on Wednesday.

Adam and Tyce have both turned into pretty good judges, but most choreographers frankly aren't critical enough. And the constant smoozing of the other choreographers gets old.

I'm sorry, but Debra Allen and Toni Basil are terrible judges. They never say anything bad about anyone. They are too into teaching to judge. I think if I went out there and embarrassed myself, they'd still just smile in sympathy and try to tell me all the ways I could get better.

Having Nigel and Mary, and their familiar banter, as the mainstay judges, and then rotating through the choreographers to add some different flavor was the perfect formula.

>

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-10, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thoughts on the new format"
Fourth - boo!

06-23-10, 10:17 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Thoughts on the new format"
*stank face*

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-10, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Thoughts on the new format"
I haven't even watched this season.
Well except for a few minutes of the crazies during auditions now & then.
But for some reason SYTYCD has gone the way of AI for me.
In the beginning I'd never miss AI; now? I seldom watch.
Same with this.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-23-10, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Thoughts on the new format"
I miss having other judges, but I do enjoy Mia and Adam, so its not too bad.

One big plus this year is the new director. So far camera angles have not been as wonky and weird.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •