The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank 'em Top 11"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-17-10, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank 'em Top 11"
First of all. Can we PLEASE stop letting the camera operators get plastered before the show starts? Seems worse than ever.

Also, I'm not sure how this All-Stars is working. I love so many of the ones that were brought back. It's not because I can't pay attention to the new ones, it's that it's hard for me to care about them. I mean, hello? Mark. Allison. Kathryn. Ade. Twitch.

1. Alex & Allison – Brilliant. Beautiful. I’m not sure this was as awe-inspiring as we were meant to believe it was but it was pretty great. I thought the “judges” reaction was a little OTT. As much as I love Allison and think Alex is beautiful, I don’t think they made Sonya better. I felt a little insulted for her when Adam said that. This was a combination of one of the best female dancers this show has ever seen (the best, imo), a very strong contestant who is already among the best male dancers this show has ever seen, and a genius choreographer. All that combined made this as special as it was. Honestly, I don't even think this was Sonya's best. I did love it though. Made me cry. The whole package made me appreciate Alex even more. He sang and played piano. His reaction to the “critiques” was genuinely humble. He was perfect.

2. Mark & Cristina – Mark’s name will come first until his partner can command my attention on first… well okay, second, or heck even third watch. Mark is dance heaven. I love him and his magic. He is a genius. I am ecstatic that he was able to come back for this season. Seriously. I am overjoyed. Sonya works him well. I can see where having him on this show will be problematic for the contestants but I? do not care. I just want to watch him everywhere all the time. Cristina held her own and you can’t ask more than that.

3. Robert & Courtney – This choreo looked tough. Fast. They stayed together through the whole thing. It was fun to watch. And they looked stunning together.

4. Ashley & Neil – Tyce Contemporary is so pretty. Their connection was good. They looked gorgeous. Neil is so strong. He’s gotten even better. But this is about Ashley and I thought she executed this nicely.

5. Alexie & Twitch – there is a 50/50 chance that I have a crush on Twitch. Which.is.weird. I mean, I loved him so much one day when their season was on. Like, it took me by surprise. And yes, he did the door routine with Katee but in that one all he did was pound on the door and stomp around and gross kiss all on Katee’s face. In this one, with the window, he danced and was all hot and things. Okay, a 70/30 chance. 80/20? But anyway, I like Alexie. I enjoyed this routine and thought her cutesy dancing was appropriately cute.

6. Lauren & Ade – I liked it. What do I know? Maybe it was just Ade and the “oh yeah”. *shrug*

7. Kent & Anya – I thought this was going to be hard to watch. It wasn’t. He’s cute but I’m afraid his personality will eventually wear me down. But it’s easy to appreciate how much fun he is obviously having. I can’t not love that about him. I hope that joy stays all over his face for the duration of his stay in this competition. Which is to say I hope to see it there for a long time. Anya is a freaking beast and he didn’t disappear. That’s pretty impressive.

8. Jose & Comfort - Thank you for being so much better, Comfort. I’m not really feeling him (yet?) but that choreo was fun. Loved the beginning when she was on his back.

9. Adechike & Kathryn – normally I’d rank this higher because she was so perfect but she’s not competing so I can’t. She is gorgeous and versatile and magnetic. She is so pretty. Enough of the girlcrush gushing though. You have to do something to draw attention to yourself. Be powerful, or bigger, or emotive, or something. I’m not sure how much of this can be blamed on Travis though (but he knows guys well because sitting around while a woman does everything for you… yeah that’s certainly my husband’s fantasy), so I’ll give him a pass. It’s only a small pass though because he needed to make more of what he was given. He did successfully take off her shoe. I’ll give him that.

10.Billy & Lauren – Tyce Broadway needs to go away. He wasted Billy. I hope Billy’s in the bottom three just so they will maybe get a clue that the choreography was awful.

11. Melinda & Pasha – you can’t be bad the first week of competition. You’re better off being invisible (see Adechike).

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rank 'em Top 11 emydi 06-17-10 1
   RE: Rank 'em Top 11 Glow 06-17-10 2
 RE: Rank 'em Top 11 aethelstan 06-17-10 3
 RE: Rank 'em Top 11 djandy 06-17-10 4
 RE: Rank 'em Top 11 DoodleBug 06-17-10 5
 RE: Rank 'em Top 11 Belle Book 06-17-10 6
 RE: Rank 'em Top 11 iltarion 06-17-10 7
   RE: Rank 'em Top 11 Glow 06-18-10 8
       RE: Rank 'em Top 11 LFJ 06-18-10 9
           RE: Rank 'em Top 11 iltarion 06-19-10 10
               RE: Rank 'em Top 11 LFJ 06-19-10 11
       RE: Rank 'em Top 11 Belle Book 06-19-10 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-17-10, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rank 'em Top 11"
I was just going to do this!

1. Alex and Allison-this was fantastic. I loved when she was on his back and he was struggling. The whole dance was wonderful down to the last few steps that they took in slow motion unison. I agree OTT with the judges and Sonya is wonderful (I agree I thought Adam's comment was wrong and inconsiderate)

2. Ashley and Neil- I love her, I hope she sticks around awhile and pulls something close to a Jeanine or Kathryn (for me Kathryn grew on me and I did not like her at beginning) and stays for a long time. I had this really weird feeling though that when Nigel asked her if she had ever been in love and she said she thinks she is now that she was talking about Neil...just my immediate feel but I'm probably way off.

3. Kent and Anya- I want to pick Kent up and put him in my pocket He is so cute. I do hope his aw shucks doesn't wear thin. Although the attitude is appropriate for the 18 year old from Wapakeneta?? Ohio (as compared to the 38 yr old FugLee from Chicago who I wanted to smack every week) I was smiling and clapping the whole way through the dance, this was the most fun/entertaining dance of the night for me

4. Cristina and Mark-I thought of Glowie as I watched and thought oh no there's going to be a story on the news about a Pgh woman who was rushed to hospital while watching SYTYCD (Fox/11 news would have ran it first for ratings!) I loved this choreo and the costumes were great. Mark's faces and performance were flawless. I like Cristina more now than I did yesterday. I hope she sticks around and we see her with Pasha next week.

The next 3 are very close and almost interchangeable...I kept changing my mind

5. Jose and Comfort-I really liked this and Comfort was so much better (maybe it was no pressure) He did very well, his head spin was a bit off, too slow like Adam said, but I really liked the end of this.

6. Robert and Courtney-I was pleasantly surprised by him and the choreo was very good. I think the jidges' comments were too much and a bit of a turn off for me

7. Billy and Lauren-this was ok, I really like Billy and he is in no danger tonite but I want to see him in a better dance next week. Hopefully he will get cont.

8. AdeChike and Kathryn-I liked this more than the judges did. I thought AdeC danced wonderfully. He needs more performance "chops" but I thought this was better than Lauren dancebot

9. Lauren and Ade-this was ok and she danced it very well but very pageanty. But she is going nowhere. Next week I hope she has a cont. slower piece

10. Alexie and Twitch-meh, I don't like these soft Nappy Tab routines very much and she was just ok in this. I wanted to see Twitch's "teeth" again!

11. Melinda and Pasha-wow his footwork was phenomenal...hers not so much. I don't think she is long for this competition. but I think Nigel will save his tapper for at least one more week

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-17-10, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rank 'em Top 11"
"I had this really weird feeling though that when Nigel asked her if she had ever been in love and she said she thinks she is now that she was talking about Neil...just my immediate feel but I'm probably way off."

I hope for Ashley's sake that you are way off. I'm not interested in seeing her heart stomped on and her soul crushed.

It makes me smile that you think of me when you watch mmmmMark being ah-maze-ing. ::icecreamsmooch::

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-17-10, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rank 'em Top 11"
Well, it's going to be an interesting year. The all-stars are all older than when they were on the show, so their average age is considerably more than the average age of the current contestants. I think only a few are over 20. This means that we could have a number of woman dancing with boy or vice versa scenarios. I think this can help this year's older contestants.

Heh. Go figure. I thought Ade Chike was younger and that helped explain why he wasn't able to flirt back so effectively but he's 23. so, nevermind then.

1. Alex (Allison). I think the judges were OTT but the routine was great and the synchronization was spot on. A very different musical choice to what I'm used to from Sonya.

2. Robert (Courtney). I enjoyed this routine. I thought Robert might have been cannon fodder but perhaps it is AdeChike instead.

3. Christina (Mark). This routine was great. Cristina, however, not so much. There must have been a 20 or 30 second period where all Cristina had to do was strike a pose (well 4 poses) while Mark danced around her. I thought Sonya was trying to hide her weaknesses like was done with the bench routine.

4. AdeChike (Kathryn). I thought Travis choreographed a great routine. This could have been smokin' but AdeChike couldn't play that part well enough. Pasha or Jason could have.

5. Kent (Anya). I expected a train wreck but it was pretty good. At one point, I thought Kent looked like Adam Shankman doing the "I'm surprised" face.

6. Alexie (Twitch). It was fun. I enjoyed it.

7. Ashley (Neil). Was ok. Didn't do much for me.

8. Lauren (Ade). some nice bits. she reminded me of Mollee when she was being critiqued, just staring off, almost.

9. Melinda (Pasha). I thought it was ok. Not great but not as bad as the judges thought.

10. Billy (Lauren). Didn't really like it.

11. Jose (Comfort). Didn't like it all that much.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-17-10, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rank 'em Top 11"
1.) Alex & Allison – Beautifully danced, but Sonya's routines are looking all the same to me (she always has the guy pick up the girl while she does riding a bicycle legs in the air).

2.) Kent & Anya - Ballroom is the downfall of many a contemporary guy, and he did well in the steps and the performance. His personality makes me laugh.

3.) Ashley & Neil - Beautiful lines, and I totally got her pain in the coming separation. I too briefly wondered if Neil was the one she was in love with because of the way Neil looked so emotional when he hugged her at the end. Either that, or Neil has improved dramatically with his emotional dancing.

4.) Mark & Cristina – Mainly due to Mark and his facial expressions. No one is better. But for a Ballroom girl Cristina did a good job.

5.) Kathryn - Loved her in this routine. Her and Allison are my two favorite female pros.

6.) Robert & Courtney - When I think of African Jazz, I think of a strong drum beat and big & fast movements. I think the slower and smoother song threw me and made me think it was boring. They danced it well, though, but not as well as the "you're the best contemporary guy ever" comments he got.

7.) Lauren & Ade - This high for the dancing, but take away points for the fake cheerleader smile she plastered on the entire time and only looked at the audience instead of the guy.

8.) Billy & Lauren - Billy did pretty good for the Broadway dreck he was given (and the Lauren dreck too).

8a.) Adechike - No emotion.

9.) Alexie & Twitch - Too smooth and not enough hard-hitting.

10.) Jose & Comfort - His B-Boying was too slow. What is he going to do next week when he gets a style outside his genre?

11.) Melinda & Pasha - Love Pasha, but Melinda just looked lost in the piece.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

06-17-10, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rank 'em Top 11"
LAST EDITED ON 06-17-10 AT 01:58 PM (EST)

I LOVE this new format.

Pros: I get to see some of my favorite dancers dance again. The contestants are paired with a strong partner. It is truly an INDIVIDUAL competition now and only one dancer leaves - no voting for PAIRS.

Cons: I have a hard time watching just the contestant and not the all-star.

1. Alex and Allison (Jazz) - I agree the praise from the judges was excessive, but this was beautiful and deserves the #1 spot on execution and performance. This was a match made in heaven for any choreographer. Alex will be able to keep up with any of the all-stars and surpass a few of them.

2. Ashley and Neil (Contemp) - I thought this was a beautiful pairing and wonderful choreography. Ashley performed well

3. Billy and Lauren (Broadway) - really fun - Billy can dance just about anything. Needs a little more chemistry with his partner, not a big Lauren fan so it was easy to watch just Billy

4. Robert and Courtney (Afro Jazz) - loved this pairing, watched them both equally, but not a big fan of Robert, despite his performance, I think he's in danger of going home

5. Lauren and Ade (Contemp) - could have had a little more personality from Lauren but she danced well (judges expect BIG things from her)- would like to see her with Pasha next - Ade was awesome

6. Kent and Anya (ballroom) - love Kent - he's down here because of execution not performance - he is so likeable - love his energy - he kept up with Anya!

7. Cristina and Mark (Jazz) - loved this routine - did not love Cristina - thought she looked awkward a lot (this would be #2 on Mark alone)

8. Alexie and Twitch (hip hop) - too cutesy of a hip hop for me, Alexie was way too soft - Twitch ruled

9. Adechike and Kathryn (Jazz) - Adechike was just so-so, Kathryn was flawless (and would be #3 for Kathryn)

10. Melinda and Pasha (Jive) - sorry Melinda, you should go home tonight - you looked sad next to Pasha

ha! Forgot Jose and Comfort - lol - so I guess they get the bottom spot because they were forgettable.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-17-10, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rank 'em Top 11"
Here are my rankings of the Top 11:

1. Alex & Allison -- best performance of the night! Best SYTYCD performance ever is overstating it, however.

Huge gap --

2. Alexie & Twitch -- I really enjoyed this performance and loved Alexie!

3. Kent & Anya -- what a pleasant surprise to see Kent do a decent cha-cha!

4. Ashley & Neil -- liked their performance but Ashley didn't quite have the chemistry with Neil that she should have.

5. Robert & Courtney -- very intriguing performance but not quite my cup of tea.

6. Lauren & Ade -- technically great but there was no chemistry between them. Sorry, Lauren fans.

7. Cristina & Mark -- this was also an intriguing dance but also not my cup of tea.

8. Jose & Comfort -- this is close to Jose's comfort zone and at least he did better than Cedric in Season 3 at it.

9. Billy & Lauren -- I liked the song but the choreography was forgettable. You're right -- Billy was wasted in this routine.

10. Adechike & Kathryn -- this was a good routine but not a great one, sad to say.

11. Melinda & Pasha -- it's not a good idea being bad in the first week of competition.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-17-10, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rank 'em Top 11"

I have mixed feelings about the format. It is great seeing some old favorites back. However, taking the PAIRS out of the equation changes a lot. No chance for a Joshua-Katee team to create special chemistry together and amazing performances. I miss that.

1. Alex (Kathryn)- As soon as they were done, I said to my wife, "They looked like professionals dancing after a bunch of amateurs." Adam was on the money. I've never cared for Sonya's choreo, but that was the perfect storm of great song, great choreo, and even greater frickin dancing! Best ever? Maybe not. But it brought tears to my eyes, it was that beautiful. Skill-wise, Alex blows them all away. I haven't seen a male contemporary dancer this good since Danny was robbed of the title.

2. Ashley (Neil)- Very good performance somewhat belittled by the epic contemporary piece performed earlier in the show. Second best.

3. Kent (Anya)- Hey, the 18 year old off the farm pulled off being a leading man pretty well. Didn't let Anya overwhelm him too much. Fun routine. I liked it a lot.

4. Alexis (Twitch)- I liked better than the judges. In what would be a theme of the night, the choreo didn't involve a lot of dancing, but Alexis' main goal was to be a tease and she pulled that off well.

5. Jose (Comfort) - One of my fave routines, but I'm partial to hip hop. Kind of unfair that Jose got to perform in his style. You think they want to keep him around? I can watch Comfort do hip hop all night. Jose sort of did enough to keep up.

6. Lauren (Ade)- Judges seem to like her immensely for reasons unknown to me. But I did think this routine was pretty good. Better than they did. Choreo seemed to involve more contorting and posing than dancing. That can be the downside of using a prop.

7. Cristine (Mark) - Another Sonya routine that looked the same as others before it. Blah for me. I agree that Mark is a genius in this genre though, and Cristine did pretty well for a ballroom dancer.

8. Adechike (Kathryn) - Wow, Kathryn is hot. Adechike had nothing to work with here. The choreo involved more posing than dancing, another routine hurt by a prop. What else was he asked to do other than lift his leg?

9. Billy (Lauren) - It was just ho hum. Billy danced it fine, but he isn't manly enough to pull off that role. Kevin Bacon wasn't exactly a beacon of machismo when he played the role, but there was still something punkish and cocksure in his dancing. Billy boy has none of that.

10. Robert (Courtney) - Courtney to me, like my girl Lauren, I'm sad to say, has gained a tan and some impressive muscle, and lost most of her swag in the trade. Robert was good enough, I suppose, but I just wasn't into any of that.

11. Melinda (Pasha) - Pasha is frickin great, as always, but wow, was this unfair to Melinda. Not only was the style tremendously difficult for her, but then the choreography was like ballroom on crystal meth. Slow Down!! This is an especially difficult style for a tall woman. When you have those long legs, they either make you or break you in this style. For Melinda, they broke her.

>

06-18-10, 08:03 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Rank 'em Top 11"
I'm going to miss the chemistry build up of the pairs. What I'm not going to miss is weak contestants being saved by strong partners. I like the voting for one person. I don't mind the different format so far. But anything that brings Mark and Allison back to my television makes me happy, so I'm biased.

"Skill-wise, Alex blows them all away. I haven't seen a male contemporary dancer this good since Danny was robbed of the title."

I probably agree that he's the best contemp male since Danny. I definitely agree that Danny was robbed.

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-18-10, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rank 'em Top 11"
"Skill-wise, Alex blows them all away. I haven't seen a male contemporary dancer this good since Danny was robbed of the title."

Doesn't Edward Vallelo run the Miami Ballet Company? If anything, I would say that Alex is a classically trained Ballet dancer, a professional, with a contract he had to get out of. If that is the case, he performs for a very critical audience, regularly partners principal dancers in the Company, and should be waaaaaaaaaaaay more polished than the rest of the competition. Edward Vallelo is a hard taskmaster, having been a superb ballet dancer in his own right.

It will be interesting to see how much Alex "grows" (judges are fond of saying this is the point of the "competition") through this process. I think he is this year's Ringer. For Alex, the program should be re-named "I Know I Can Dance".

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-19-10, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rank 'em Top 11"

All quite true and also why Alex is unlikely to win this unless he has a bunch of performances just like Wednesday's.

Danny was the first male dancer ever where no matter what I was doing, I would drop it to watch him dance, no matter what the style. The guy was just that frickin good.

>

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-19-10, 05:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rank 'em Top 11"
ITA

Didn't Mia once refer to him (after a performance) as a "The Stallion of Dance"? I recall I was a little uncomfortable with that comment, but I got it. He was - what is the word? - sublime???

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-19-10, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rank 'em Top 11"
In terms of pure technical ability, yes Danny was robbed. But the show's not called America's Best Dancer, it's called America's Favorite Dancer. Danny was a great dancer but he came from a pretty tough background and that meant he became very reserved, maybe even shy. His reserve was mistaken for arrogance (and his moments of defensiveness didn't help) and that prevented him from getting as many fans as Sabra. He was able to overcome the reserve and defensive moments but not in enough time to ensure the win.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •