The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 16 rankings"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-11-09, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 16 rankings"
I always figure these are nice to see before the eliminations happen. Rankings this week could be easier than last week but there may be some interesting variations.

Is it just me, or does everyone seem to have a sob (back)story this year?

1. Ashleigh & Jakob - Jazz (Mandy Moore). Loved this piece. Reminded me a little of Blake McGrath's Magic show in some of the use of the cane (a part inspiration?) but Jakob, especially, was fabulous in this.

2. Noelle & Russell - Afro Jazz (Sean Cheesman). Yay! The US finally gets to see this choreographer. I should put links to some of his best numbers (Kim & Everett St. James Infirmary Blues, etc). I'm not so sure I would have got the story had they not prefaced it though but I liked this dance.

3. Kathryn & Legacy - Broadway (Andy Blankenbehler). I enjoyed this. Certainly far more than the judges. I wondered whether Kathryn would make Nigel forget about talking about lines but rather curves with those shorts!

4. Pauline & Peter - Quickstep (JT and Tomas). They need to keep Pawline just so we can hear Cat say it week after week. ;)
I think they did about as much as could be expected. My spouse and I were saying. Hey this is good (for a quickstep). Loved the costumes. They could have been cast in a movie in those roles.

5. Karen & Kevin - Hustle (Maria Torres) Pleasant dance. Was impressed by Kevin. Started a little slow for me though.

A considerable gap.

6. Ellenore & Ryan - Hip Hop (Li'l C). This left lots to be desired. If the judges thought these two were two nice. Imagine if Mollee & Nathan danced it?

7. Victor & Channing - Contemporary (Stacey Tookey). I didn't like this. It looked like they were dancing steps only.

8. Nathan & Mollee - Samba (Gu-suavo Vargas). I keep waiting for Nigel to talk about how she's still dancing like a teen and how they asked her to dance like an adult when they asked her onto the top 20. It also looked like they missed a step/segment completely as they seemed to freeze part way through a trick/step.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 16 rankings DoodleBug 11-11-09 1
 RE: Top 16 rankings emydi 11-11-09 2
 RE: Top 16 rankings Glow 11-11-09 3
   RE: Top 16 rankings akc 11-11-09 4
   RE: Top 16 rankings DoodleBug 11-11-09 7
 RE: Top 16 rankings fleaismycat 11-11-09 5
 RE: Top 16 rankings frodis 11-11-09 6
 RE: Top 16 rankings djandy 11-11-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-09, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 16 rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-09 AT 06:09 PM (EST)

Stan - my rankings are the same as yours (thanks!) - I'll just add my comments.

1. Ashleigh & Jakob - Jazz (Mandy Moore): Jakob rocked the house with this number - I'm still not a big fan of Ashleigh, but she's better than some. Loved the choreo - excellent routine and use of the cane!!

2. Noelle & Russell - Afro Jazz (Sean Cheesman): This was really cool to watch - loved Russell in this and Noelle surprised me!

3. Kathryn & Legacy - Broadway (Andy Blankenbehler): Legacy is just making my mouth drop this season - I really liked him here. I thought Kathryn was better than the judges made her out to be - I think Tyce could have brought out the vixen in her. Maybe it just wasn't explained like that to her.

4. Pauline & Peter - Quickstep (JT and Tomas): loved the story with the dance, and I really am starting to like Peter more - Pauline was cute as a button

5. Karen & Kevin - Hustle (Maria Torres): even though I was surprised by Kevin, I just can't seem to like him. Still lovin' Karen though.

6. Ellenore & Ryan - Hip Hop (Li'l C): I felt bad for them. They did what they could. I still love them and hope people voted for them (I did).

7. Victor & Channing - Contemporary (Stacey Tookey): they almost butchered her wonderful choreo, no feeling in it at all (maybe a glimpse now and then), I didn't think Nigel was harsh at all in his comments. Send them packing.

8. Nathan & Mollee - Samba (Gu-suavo Vargas): painful, painful, painful - Mollee looked scared stiff and Nathan was overcompensating - they've got the teen vote squared away though. They need a cute Nappy-Tabs number next to stay alive.

Edited to fix a speeling mistake.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 16 rankings"
Overall, I found last night's show meh...

1. Krussell Noelle- I really liked this very fast and very good. I was a bit distracted by the writing on his chest. I liked Noelle's costume.

2. Ashleigh Jakob- I really liked this and it did remind me of the table routing. Ashleigh is a big surprise.

3. Victor Channing-I liked this one. I agree not soulful like other cont like Legacy/Kathryn but better than the rest

4. Kathryn Legacy-this was cute but I understood the comments about Kathryn...I'm not a big fan. Legacy continues to amaze

5. Kevin Karen-this was very close to my no. 6. this was ok. I liked Kevin more in this. Karen getting a divorce...hmmmm. I think they are giving Karen too much pimping

6. Peter Pauline-this was good for a quickstep bc of the performance but it was not good technically so I moved it down

7. Ellenore Ryan-darn I hope Krussell gets Lil C next This was ok it was not as bad as Nigel said but it was not good

8. Mollee Nathan-ugh Mollee sexified um no..Nathan also was a bit presumptuous when he said he felt hot. It was def not hot.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 16 rankings"
I came in here real fast to buzz through last night's thread. I was hoping somebody else already posted a rankings thread. Thanks!

Okay let's see...

1. Ashleigh & Jakob - Jazz (Mandy Moore)- ummm. You have no idea how much I would like to see Blake McGrath's magic. What? Oh... was that a dance? Anyways, yes. I loved this piece. Fun. Captivating. And Ashleigh's legs looked fantastic.

2. Noelle & Russell - Afro Jazz (Sean Cheesman) - It took me a minute to figure out why Nigel & Co were acting like we never saw Cheesman before. I didn't realize the only time I saw him was SYTYCD Canada Season One. Loved it. Noelle surprised.

3. Kathryn & Legacy - Broadway (Andy Blankenbehler) - I love these two. I did see that she was a little cutesy instead of mean but really. I didn't care because my eyes were busy elsewhere. The choreographers really do work Legacy into their routines. Fabulous.

4. Pauline & Peter - Quickstep (JT and Tomas) - I loved that JT and Tomas put a story to the QS. It made it way more interesting, as did the dancers themselves. Kudos.

5. Karen & Kevin - Hustle (Maria Torres) - Pleasant enough for 5th. Karen is getting divorced? Is her (soon to be ex) husband insane? ahoooooga

6. Victor & Channing - Contemporary (Stacey Tookey) - This one is tough. I loved the choreography and the music. Victor and Channing seem to be developing a nice connection. I think the nerves got to them a bit too much to fully envelope the emotion. That's a shame too because there were parts of this that were almost there. Almost.

7. Ellenore & Ryan - Hip Hop (Li'l C) - not buck

8. Nathan & Mollee - Samba (Gusuavo Vargas)- Parts were okay. Not enough parts though. They certainly tried.

akc 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-11-09, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail akc Click to send private message to akc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 16 rankings"
All in all I remain disappointed. All I could think last night was CAN BRANDON AND JEANETTE PLEASE GET BACK UP THERE AND DANCE????? PLEASE...

1. Noelle & Russell - Afro Jazz (Sean Cheesman): Really interesting. I thought it was a nice combination of good dancing and creative choreography. I am glad to see them both do well.

2. Kathryn & Legacy - Broadway (Andy Blankenbehler): I am not sure where the judges were with this one. It seems more and more that they have their own agenda as to who they want in the top ten. I thought Kathryn danced it perfectly...and I thought they had a connection. If you dont want her to look cutesy then how about not putting her in piggy tails and jean shorts. I thought she did what the choreographer wanted her to do. At least she danced it well. I REALLY don't like Adam and a permenant judge. I like fresh eyes. oh yeah, Legacy is great. Love him.

3. Ashleigh & Jakob - Jazz (Mandy Moore): I liked this a lot. Jakob is amazing and Ashleigh continues to grow on me. I did think the cane seemed awkward in places though.

4. Victor & Channing - Contemporary (Stacey Tookey): meh. Ok.

5. Pauline & Peter - Quickstep (JT and Tomas): meh sort of ok. I am not a big quickstep fan though.

6. Karen & Kevin - Hustle (Maria Torres): Boring.

7. Ellenore & Ryan - Hip Hop (Li'l C): even though I know Ryan was WAY out of his comfort zone...that is what separates dancers. The GREAT (Final 4) dancers can dance anything. Ryan didnt prove that he was capable. I do like him though and I think Ellenore could dance anything.

8. Nathan & Mollee - Samba (Gu-suavo Vargas): how in the heck is this girl still here? Dont get it. She is BAD...There are better local dancers in my little small town. Dont understand the love. I think Nathan had the kiss of death being partnered with her. Adam seems to think they have all these fans...I dunno. Please let her go home.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 16 rankings"
Love this comment:

"7. Ellenore & Ryan - Hip Hop (Li'l C) - not buck"

Guess you could say they were unbuck, buckless, antibuck.... so not buck.

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-11-09, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fleaismycat Click to send private message to fleaismycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 16 rankings"
With the exception of Russell/Noelle and Ashleigh/Jakob it was a rough night I think.

1. Ashleigh/Jakob- Probably on top because I love that darn piece of music. He was better than her but she still did well. I hated her pants! So far I'd say he's probably the best male dancer to my eye.

2. Russell/Noelle: It was a fun dance. I thought Russell was better than Noelle but they worked well together. I love Sean Cheesemen's stuff from SYTYCD Canada. If Jakob is the better dancer (and he is, I believe) then Russell is my favourite. I want him to do well. I root for him. Noelle I'm indifferent too and I actually still think she should have gone home week 1 but I probably need to stop harping about that.

3.Kevin/Karen: Topping the mediocre and muddled grouping. I like them both and I didn't think it was terrible but the lifts were awkward and he did almost drop her at the end. That would have been horrible.

4. Legacy/Kathryn: I like these two as a couple but she really didn't do a good job conveying the character. She was just sort of blah out there. Legacy was good.

5. Peter and Pauline: Well, I think they tried hard but it was very choppy and that's the last thing the quickstep is supposed to be. But it wasn't horrible, just a little off.

6. Victor and Channing: Again with the angsty contempary routines I'm tuned out but I didn't think they were terrible and Channing did much better with Victor than she did with Phillip. I'm glad she didn't bounce her head off the floor or get called a sack of potatoes.

7. Ryan and Ellenore: Bad costumes and I didn't care for the music either. I normally like the hip-hop routines but this one seemed way too difficult for both of them. I wonder if LilC might next time dumb down his routines if he doesn't have a hiphop dancer in the mix. Ellenore was better than Ryan and I really liked both of their last routines so I'm hoping neither go home.

8. Molly and Nathan: Where to start... She looked nice btw but they made him look too greasy. They also got Gustavo Vargas who did some great stuff on SYTYCD Canada. But I think they were so lost here. The lifts and spins were really bad and the footwork was not precise. I think they were overwhelmed. I think this is what I was most worried about for them: a routine where cute wouldn't cut it.

I wonder what would have happened if Ryan and Ellenore had gotten this and Molly and Nathan had gotten the hiphop. I think it would have worked better.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-11-09, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 16 rankings"
1. Ashleigh & Jakob - Jazz (Mandy Moore). Jakob went all-out for this dance. I enjoyed watching him - I did have to remind myself to watch her every now and then. He bent his body in some weird ways and it was fun to watch.

2. Noelle & Russell - Afro Jazz (Sean Cheesman). This really suited them, him more than her. I really like Russell. Great style, great fun. I liked it.

3. Kathryn & Legacy - Broadway (Andy Blankenbehler). I had decided in the very very beginning that I didn't care for Legacy but he's totally changed my mind. I think he's my favorite. I really enjoy watching him.

4. Pauline & Peter - Quickstep (JT and Tomas). It was cute. Is it me, or is it jarringly weird when the suddenly mike the stage to pick up his taps during the intro and then mute it again for the other dancers? It almost sounds phony.

5. Karen & Kevin - Hustle (Maria Torres) Kind of slow for me. Seemed very deliberate and didn't have the carefree energy I like to see in this style of dance. I thought that her little bio tidbit about her divorce was oversharing and a little uncomfortable. I mean, we get that Karen is getting divorced and we get that Ashleigh is a nerd? Odd choice.

6. Ellenore & Ryan - Hip Hop (Li'l C). Kind of strange, I was distracted the whole time by how odd they looked doing this dance. I know it's not their style but they need to commit.

7. Victor & Channing - Contemporary (Stacey Tookey). I really wanted to like this - I liked the choreography and the idea although I thought it was too similar to the "Fear" dance last week. Maybe I just liked Legacy doing Stacy Tookey's choreo better than Victor and Channing. Channing seems a little emotionless to me. She needs to dig deeper.

8. Nathan & Mollee - Samba (Gu-suavo Vargas). Really not good. She was stiff and clunky and uncomfortable. I have to admit that I barely watched him at all because I was so fascinated by how much of a trainwreck she was in this. I couldn't wait for it to be over to put her out of her misery.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-11-09, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 16 rankings"
1.) Ashleigh & Jakob
2.) Noelle & Russell
3.) Pauline & Peter
4.) Channing & Victor
5.) Kathryn & Legacy
6.) Karen & Kevin
7.) Ellenor & Ryan

HUGE GAP

8.) Mollee & Nathan

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •