The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 18 Rankings"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-09, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 18 Rankings"
Rankings are tough this week. I absolutely loved four of the routines and the one that ends up fifth on my list seems like it should have been second or third. Tough competition. Nearly impossible for me to rank the top four.

Legacy & Kathryn – Contemp (Stacey Tookey) – I must have forgotten how much I love Stacey Tookey! That was beautiful. I love this couple. They seem very connected. Stacey used Legacy very well *pauses while mind wanders* ... ummm... and Kathryn was gorgeous. Nicely done.
Peter & Pauline – Jazz (Wade) – I think it’s no secret that I enjoy Wade’s routines. I thought Peter portrayed what Wade asked him to portray (hunched shoulders and all). It was great. And that eyebrow thing he did when Nigel said it was obvious he works out, cracked me right up. Okay Peter, I'll stop associating you with dog killers and finger biters. I'm a fan. I just hope when he has to do a solo, he is more entertaining than the two other tappers (good riddance to them).
Kevin & Karen – Hip Hop (NappyTabs) - wow. This is a sexy couple. I loved the choreography in this too. Great job all around. Karen. Wow.
Ryan & Ellenore – Argentine Tango (Miriam & Leonardo) – Ellenore amazed. I kept saying “her dress is still stuck!” And Ryan? Well yeah. Plus Miriam and Leonardo can do no wrong in my book either so that always helps.
Nathan & Mollee – Bollywood (Nakul) – that was great choreography. I love Bollywood and I’m glad they pulled it off so well. It’s a shame it ends up way down here on my list. That Nathan really is nice-looking.
Jakob & Ashleigh – Viennese Waltz (Tony & Melanie) – Pretty.
Russell & Noelle – Hip Hop (Jamal) – yikes. Did. Not. Like. I did like Noelle’s solo and I like Russell. That’s the reason they get this spot. Bias.
Victor & Bianca – Broadway (Tyce) – I cannot express to you how happy I am to be rid of her feet. He can leave too. He leaves me pretty empty. My husband actually laughed when Biancer did her solo.
Phillip & Channing – Samba (Tony & Melanie) – I cannot express to you how happy I am to be rid of his stupid plastic face. Learning about his dad though, made me feel bad for disliking him so much. Oh, and the wink to Channing made me go awww. I’m over that now. Still sorry to hear about his dad. Still glad he’s gone. He's a good tapper and I'm sure he can find work... if somebody needs a tap dancer.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 18 Rankings akc 11-04-09 1
   RE: Top 18 Rankings Glow 11-04-09 2
   RE: Top 18 Rankings crs3192 11-04-09 6
 RE: Top 18 Rankings emydi 11-04-09 3
 I hope the stars start shining soon... udg 11-04-09 4
 RE: Top 18 Rankings DoodleBug 11-04-09 5
 RE: Top 18 Rankings aethelstan 11-05-09 7
 RE: Top 18 Rankings fleaismycat 11-06-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

akc 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-04-09, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail akc Click to send private message to akc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 18 Rankings"
All in all I am still disappointed with this season so far. I miss Season 5...I think they toned down the lights somewhat last night but the stage is still distracting especially during the upbeat numbers when the lighting guy obviously thinks he has to keep rythmn with tthe lights.
Here are my rankings...

1. Legacy & Kathryn – Contemp (Stacey Tookey) – by FAR my favorite of the night. It was really really pretty but the concept reminded me a little of the Addiction piece last season and well, I wouldnt want to compare anything to that masterpiece. I think Legacy probably has more training than he owns up to, but I dont care. He is great and Kathryn is exquisite.

2. Ryan & Ellenore – Argentine Tango (Miriam & Leonardo) – They are simply amazing dancers...I think they could make anything look good.

3. Nathan & Mollee – Bollywood (Nakul) – I have not liked Mollee at all until last night. She danced well. I still think her arms are choppy at times but I really liked her in this routine. Nathan is ADORABLE....what a great dancer.

4. Jakob & Ashleigh – Viennese Waltz (Tony & Melanie) – I really cannot believe I put them this high...I really dont want to like Ashleigh, but she is growing on me. I thought they looked good last night. Jakob is great.

5. Kevin & Karen – Hip Hop (NappyTabs) - she is HOT and he was much better this week. The choreography was a little too centered around her hotness for me. I wanted to see them dance more. I thought the sexy factor was a bit overdone. Overall good though.

6. Victor & Bianca – Broadway (Tyce) – I am alone here I know, but I liked this concept. Granted, it wasnt executed to it's fullest, but I thought it was ok. It did not make me cringe like some of the others. I thought Bianca brought energy to the group--I would have liked for her to stay a little while longer.

7. Peter & Pauline – Jazz (Wade) – I was soooooo disappoointd with this. I honestly dont know how they danced. I was TOO distracted by the BUSINESS of the background. I guess it is not their fault--I just couldnt watch. PLEASE producers tone down the background--some of us actually want to watch them dance.

8. Russell & Noelle – Hip Hop (Jamal) – HORRIBLE HORRIBLE choreography. Did not accentuate either of them. Why would you have someone who just came off of a knee injury do an aerial? They were set up to fail here. I am so glad neither of them were lost last night...I think they are capable of much more.

9. Phillip & Channing – Samba (Tony & Melanie) – He never impressed me and I could do without her too. She looked choppy but MAYBE if she had a capable partner she would look better. We will see next week. If you are a choreographer and you see them struggling with lifts would you not remove some of them from the routine? Just sayin'...I thought he was going to drop her!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-09, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 18 Rankings"
For sure, "Fear" was inspired by "Addiction". I didn't have any trouble not comparing though. Very different dancers. Legacy is friends with Lauren (from Season 3... her puppy calls him "Uncle Legacy"). I'm sure she's taught him some things.

I'm curious to see how Channing will do with a different partner. Interested to see how much more she will trust Victor. Plus, don't you wonder exactly how many times her head got banged off the floor just like it did last night (when he was jumping up to put his crotch in her face)?

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-04-09, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 18 Rankings"
I could NOT agree more about the hip hop choreography by the new guy. OH GOD. What the hell was that concept? And the tennis rackets were SO DISTRACTING!! I hated it!! I never want to see anything like that again. Blah.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-09, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 18 Rankings"
1. Kathryn and Legacy-This was a great piece and they both did very well I loved when Legacy jumped onto the mid section of Kathryn. I still think Kathryn is fodder tho, no repeat of Jeanine here

2. Ashleigh/Jakob-I really liked this alot both of them are such good dancers, esp. him. His overactive sweat glands are really bothering me though. Ashleigh is a nice surprise. I hope she makes top 10 with hubby

3. Pauline Peter-I love Van Gogh and Wade so this was great for me. Pauline's eyes bother me (bugeyed) I don't think she's long for the competition but I think Nigel will get Peter the lone tapper to top 12 at least for the tour

4. Ryan and Ellenore-I really liked this. I'm looking at Ellenore differently bc of her statements but this was very good. Maybe I just don't like how slow the tango is. Qpie you need to school me again on AT

5. Nathan and Mollee-I loved the beginning just like Mary said. I still can't stand Mollee...for me, she still looked like a little girl playing dress up

6. Kevin and Karen-This was good but not great. Faux boinking is not my cup of tea on this show

7. Noelle Krussell-did not like this as much as I wanted to bc I love Krussell. They were not together much in the dancing

8. Bianca Victor-this was ok. I guess his moment was last week. With all the different types of dancers I think he'll get lost in the mix before top 10

9. Phillip Channing-this was not good the lifts were so awkward. I'm sorry that his father just passed away (I wonder if he would have pulled a Danny and said anything about it if the public was voting...I know I'm cynical) I really do not like her though for some reason.

Guys

1. Jakob
2. Legacy
3. Ryan
4. Krussell
5. Nathan
6. Peter
7. Kevin
8. Victor
9. Phillip

Gals

1. Ashleigh
2. Karen
3. Ellenore
4. Kathryn
5. Mollee
6. Pauline
7. Channing
8. Bianca
9. Noelle

Get ready next week!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-04-09, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "I hope the stars start shining soon!"
I've had enough of this whole judges deciding everything bit. May as well watch The Apprentice. Having said that, here's my take...

Kathryn & Legacy – Contemporary (Fear): Best of the night.

Ellenore & Ryan – Argentine Tango (Stuck skirt/heel): I admit, I was very distracted by the stuck skirt. I actually had to rewatch the dance to do my rankings, because I wasn't watching the DANCE the first time through. Other than that, though, it was good. Fortunate for them they weren't being voted for. I don't think it was a crowd pleaser.

Pauline & Peter – Jazz (Van Gogh): Wade's story ("What if there were people in Starry Night, but Van Gogh discarded them from the painting, and then the people came back to haunt the artist") was not really portrayed. It was more, "What if there were people in Starry Night," which was a fine premise anyway, so whatever. Regardless, of the unnecessarily overcomplicated premise, the choreography was good, and they danced it well. A solid "A-".

Ashleigh & Jakob – Viennese Waltz (Wedding Dance): Pretty. Easy to watch. Kinda creeps me out being able to count her ribs between her shoulder blades. Don't know how hard it was, but I enjoyed it.

Mollee & Nathan - Bollywood (Sword Dance): Good, fun, interesting. Not perfect, but a lot better than some dances last night.

Karen & Kevin - Hip Hop (Mechanic): I didn't believe it. For me, Karen was really soft, and didn't seem to "hit it" the way she should in a Hip Hop. I'm not a huge HH fan, but MUSHY HH is unacceptable. I felt like Kevin might have been holding back a little to keep her mediocre moves from standing out. Either way, I didn't love it. Middle of the pack at best.

Noelle & Russell – Hip Hop (Tennis): They seemed really off balance while using their props. Hard to watch. Can't believe Russell stayed out of the bottom 2 this week. Also, they said last week they couldn't consider Brandon's challenges w/ being a last minute replacement when deciding who leaves/stays, and I really think they gave Noelle a lot of latitude in recovering from her injury this week.

Bianca & Victor - Broadway (Revival): I had the opposite reaction from the judges, for me, this was TOO frenzied. They seemed out of control and out of sync a lot of the time.

Channing & Phillip - Samba (Headbanger!): Three words = Painful, painful, painful! I cannot believe the judges didn't mention the way Phillip SLAMMED Channing's head into the floor at the end. Did you see it bounce!? OUCH! Maybe Channing was being held back by Phillip. It's hard to tell; although I though her little intro dance at the beginning of the show was WEAK and said so out loud at the time). Phillip definitely deserved to go home, though. Would have been OK with losing Channing, too.

Bottom 4: Russel & Phillip, Bianca & Noelle (or Channing).

Glad Phillip left. Victor definitely had the better solo, and he didn't injure anyone.

Didn't mind seeing Bianca go, but hated Nigel implying that it was because she didn't convey personality during her solo. Noelle spent her entire solo flailing around with her hair in her face. I hardly saw her connect with the audience let alone convey her personality. Bianca did a great job of connecting and had the better solo, IMO. I'm not heartbroken she's gone, but the reason given was BS. Based on solo alone, Noelle should have been gone, and I wouldn't have been outraged if Channing had been in the bottom 2 and/or gone, either.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-09, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 18 Rankings"
I agree this was a great night of routines, but I had clear favorites.

Legacy & Kathryn – Contemp (Stacey Tookey) – hands down my favorite - no question. I actually cried while watching this. So many good things about it. Stacey, you rock!

Ryan & Ellenore – Argentine Tango (Miriam & Leonardo) – wow and double wow. They sizzled on that stage. Amazing.

Kevin & Karen – Hip Hop (NappyTabs) - Hot. Sexy. Entertaining. Can't wait to see what they do next.

Jakob & Ashleigh – Viennese Waltz (Tony & Melanie) – I love Jakob so they go here.

Nathan & Mollee – Bollywood (Nakul) – his turns were amazing

(side note.... swap Kevin for Russell and this is my perfect top 10)

Peter & Pauline – Jazz (Wade) – This was good but I wasn't drooling over it - I thought Peter really shined in it (at times I was thinking Jim Carrey as the Grinch)

Russell & Noelle – Hip Hop (Jamal) – too much prop work, love Russell though

Victor & Bianca – Broadway (Tyce) – not a fan of either one of these two and I really didn't like this routine either

Phillip & Channing – Samba (Tony & Melanie) – when he struggled to lift her up, I groaned with him... oh that was terrible. It will be interesting to see how she pairs up with Victor

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-05-09, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 18 Rankings"
Saw these with sytycdism so missed the rehearsals and comments.

Legacy & Kathryn – Contemp (Stacey Tookey). I love the different body movements in this dance - great way to integrate stuff that Legacy does into a contemp. piece. I enjoyed how Legacy climbed on Kathryn.

Peter & Pauline – Jazz (Wade). What creativity. I love his concepts. I also enjoy his movements too. There's often a lightness to it (Sonya's movement is almost the opposite). I don't know if that makes sense though.

Ryan & Ellenore – Argentine Tango (Miriam & Leonardo). I didn't even notice the dress the first time. I did appreciate that they almost always showed the feet.

Jakob & Ashleigh – Viennese Waltz (Tony & Melanie). To me, especially the first half of the piece, I thought "this is what a smooth waltz is supposed to look like"

Kevin & Karen – Hip Hop (NappyTabs). I enjoyed this. Nice concept.

Nathan & Mollee – Bollywood (Nakul). This was ok.

Russell & Noelle – Hip Hop (Jamal). I didn't hate this as much as some of you but the idea of Russell being smiley in the All-England club just didn't work for me.

Victor & Bianca – Broadway (Tyce). This had a number of very good moments but not enough.

Phillip & Channing – Samba (Tony & Melanie). When they weren't attempting lifts, this was fine but oh my how those lifts were painful to watch.

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-06-09, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fleaismycat Click to send private message to fleaismycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 18 Rankings"
*finally got to see this On Demand-Dratted CTV for making you watch the same 4 commercials over and over for 2 hours*

1. Kevin and Karen- I probably should put Legacy and Kathryn first but I think I might be the only person who doesn't care for some of the more "emotional" contemp. numbers. I really like K&K but I'm wondering how they will do when neither is in their comfort zone. But this was hot and saucy and interesting to watch.

2. Legacy and Kathryn: I like them a lot and I think he a lot of talent. I'm just not into those kind of routines and I can feel myself disconnecting. But I think they did a good job with what they were given.

3. Ryan and Ellenore: I like this dance (always more partial to the ballroom dance numbers). I give her lots of marks for not getting distracted by her dress/heel problem. I like her more than him.

4. Jakob and Ashleigh:Looked good and it did what a waltz should do I think. Waltzes should be over the top romantic shouldn't they?

5.Nathan and Molly: they are the most cute couple but I wonder how they will do when challenged to be something other than cute. Can they convey angst or passion? It will be interesting to see. I think the younger voters will keep both of them safe until at least the final 10 so they will have some opportunity to grow.

6.Peter and Pauline: I hated the costumes and the very distracting background. Oh..and the giant turd on the stage. To be honest I'm not sure I noticed much of the actual dancing. It was a bit of an acid trip. I wish he had not done that stupid gesture. I think that's just the kind of thing that irks people into not voting for you.

7. Russell and Noelle: Not a fan of props and while I think Russell did a good job I think Noelle got lost. And I still think Noelle should have been sent home last week. It was like they gave her a bye. Maybe I'm holding that against her.

8. Phillip and Channing: Bad luck for them to pull ballroom twice when neither is particulary comfortable with the style. I thought Channing did better than Phillip. But those lifts were awful. I'm just glad he didn't drop her. She's a pretty solid girl though. He probably would have done better with the lifts with a more petite partner.

9. Victor and Bianca: I think they got kind of gyped in that this was an awful number. I mean, honestly, what the heck was going on there. I can't even tell if they danced it well because I'm not sure there was much actual dancing to be done. I think Bianca went home partially because the judges felt she should have known what to do with this piece and I think that's unfair. I would have given both of them a lecture but kept them safe because the material is not their fault.

I think Noelle and Phillip should have gone home. I actually think Noelle should have gone home last week. If you can't dance you go home. That should be the rule. The Canadian dancers danced through bad knees, broken fingers and displaced ribs because I think they were told if you don't dance you go home.

I hope that Channing and Victor can pull it together for next week. In my own head I've already got my predicted top 10 worked out. I wonder if I'm out in left field or not.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •