The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Season 5 Tour"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-02-09, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Season 5 Tour"
My sister and I went to the tour show Sunday night. It was so much fun and much longer than I expected. It started at 7:30 and ended at 10:20 (had a short 15 minute intermission). I'll list as many dances as I can remember. They won't be in order of appearance (my memories not that good) but lumped by dancer.

Brandon danced the most of the night. Folks, he is a brilliant dancer. He stood out among all the rest. Brandon and Janette started out the night with their Disco - it was crazy good. They also did the Wade "robber" routine (loved that) and their cha-cha to "Hush, Hush". Brandon and Jeanine did Battlefield and ended the night with their Paso doble. Brandon and Kayla also did their Broadway/Jazz "Fosse" dance. Kayla was smokin' hot in that dance.

Jeanine did "Mad" with Phillip and they also poked fun at the Russian Folk Dance. They kept coming out in their costumes while the dancers were introducing the next dance. They were so cute. They finally ended up doing part of the dance and then ALL of them came out in Russian costumes and they did a trepak type thing. The boys ripped off their shirts (holy six packs!) and the girls shortened their skirts. It was really good (Ade can FLY!) Jeanine and Jason also did the necklace dance.

Kayla and Kupono did the addiction dance in the second half of the show (not a dry eye in the crowd - standing O). They hugged each other at the end (Pono was crying). They performed the vampire dance during the first half. Jason and Kayla also did the zombie dance which was awesome! I think Jason and Kayla did a broadway routine also.

Melissa and Ade did Romeo and Juliet and the breast cancer dance. At the end when she's up on his shoulder, they walked straight toward the crowd and it seemed to go on forever with just a spotlight on them. It was more than amazing. Another standing O and many tears. Melissa also did "get me to the church on time" with Evan (he was fabulous).

Ade and Janette did the "magic pick" dance. Jason and Kaitlin did Bollywood and Randi and Evan did the butt dance.

The top three girls and top three guys did their group routines that Sonya choregraphed. The boys killed it. The girls did ok (not my favorite dance).

As far as group dances, they did a new group dance to begin with (don't recall the song). The best was the "I Know You Want Me" dance with the water on the tables (they did that one right before intermission). "One" with the mirrors was right after intermission - it was better live. They did part of "The Wiz" dance at the end. They were all dressed in Halloween costumes (Jeanine was in a tight Transformer body suit) and did a really cool number to Thriller. Jason was front and center and was awesome. I don't know if that was special because our show was right after Halloween or not.

In between, they all did their solos. Brandon got a standing O for his (he did the half-naked solo from the finale). It was amazing to see him do that live. That boy is ripped! The rest were good. Kaitlin did some of her best dancing in her solo. Kayla did her audition solo to blackbird. Jeanie did the one from the finale - so did Evan. Ade did his running flip and turns - awesome. But Phillip brought the house down with his solo - love his spaghetti arms!

Kupono did this really funny "commercial" for their exercise videos. He was dressed in these really short running shorts and tank. He was hilarious all night. I was surprised to see so much humor with them - especially Jeanine and Phillip trying to sneak their Russian dance in all night.

So that was the show in a nutshell. Well worth the money if you are a fan of the show!

And Jeanine is still my favorite.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Season 5 Tour CTgirl 11-03-09 1
 RE: SYTYCD Season 5 Tour Glow 11-04-09 2
   RE: SYTYCD Season 5 Tour akc 11-04-09 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-09, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Season 5 Tour"
Thanks for the review. I'm glad you got to go! (and i'm jellus too).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-09, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SYTYCD Season 5 Tour"
I can't imagine how I would react to seeing Kupono and Kayla's Addiction piece live. That Pono was so connected to it makes it so much more emotional that it would have been otherwise. In retrospect, I think that was easily my favorite dance ever on this show. I thought it was "This Woman's Work" but I still ache remembering "Gravity". Kayla was very underappreciated, I think. She is a magical dancer.

I miss Ade and Melissa. Nobody this season has made me stop wishing I could see them up there being beautiful. They are right up there with my favorites from all seasons.

akc 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-04-09, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail akc Click to send private message to akc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SYTYCD Season 5 Tour"
TOTALLY AGREE...took my daughter to Richmond show. I cried twice that night (and I am not a crier!) Once during Brandon's solo (I am convinced he could dance ANYTHING and make it amazing!) and I totally lost it during the "Addiction" piece. TOTALLY amazing. By far my favorite dance of the season---and in looking back I cannot believe the judges didnt like it more than they did. My favorite FUN piece is Jeanette and Brandon's jewel thief piece. They are the best couple. If anyone gets the chance to go to the tour--YOU SHOULD.
We even got to go backstage and meet the dancers--(thanks to Caitlin--who befriended my 6 year old). They were all really nice especially Melissa and Brandon. My six year old was being shy and Brandon sat down beside her and wrapped his arm around her and helped her not be so nervous. Just love that boy!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •