The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Holy Format change batman..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-29-09, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Holy Format change batman..."
Okay, feel free to lime helmut me if this has been discussed, but what the heck is going on with the format? I tuned in to the top twenty show (which I really liked), but missed most of the audition shows as I was watching the end of SYTYCD Canada..so did they mention the changes there?

What is with the lack of voting and the jidges deciding on who will go? And, I noticed it was not couples...but individuals who were chosen to be on the chopping block...and only two couples, not three. I am confused...is this the new way? Will the top ten still be determined by votes only?

I like the idea that a bad partner will not have to bring down a good dancer, but I am still shocked at the changes.

I am still on the fence about the new stage. Kind of looked like a big orange pumpkin to me the other night...

What does everyone else think?

Spooked by Agman

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Holy Format change batman... DoodleBug 10-29-09 1
 RE: Holy Format change batman... Snidget 10-29-09 2
 RE: Holy Format change batman... trigirl 10-30-09 3
   RE: Holy Format change batman... MKitty 11-02-09 4
       RE: Holy Format change batman... CTgirl 11-02-09 5
 RE: Holy Format change batman... trigirl 11-12-09 6
   RE: Holy Format change batman... Ricky 11-13-09 7
       RE: Holy Format change batman... JessicaRN 11-13-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-09, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Holy Format change batman..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-09 AT 04:29 PM (EST)

The format change is due to the World Series and the fact that there can't be a results show on Wednesday night. After baseball is finished, they'll most likely go back to the traditional way of doing things.

I, personally, don't like the new stage. It seemed loud with too many lights - very busy. It probably looks much better in person.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-09, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Holy Format change batman..."
Not liking the new stage much.

The vote off at the end is just for the two weeks where the World Series is messing up the schedule.

I'd guess they are doing bottom two rather than bottom three couples to save a bit of time. Individuals rather than couples so they can get rid of people with potentially popular someone that could shield them for a few weeks.

Haunted by Tribe!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-09, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Holy Format change batman..."
I missed the "in their own style" show because I thought it was still auditions. Have decided no more auditions. Wished I realized what that show was all about. Love the idea of it.

Watched the top 20 show and I HATE the new stage. I was thinking whale bones....but a big pumpkin is pretty right-on too! Not sure about the format changes...I love guest jidges. Even though I enjoy Adam's critique, I hope there will be guest jidges other than Pauler.

Not sure if I am just in SYTYCD overload. Went from season 5 to Canada to season 6 non-stop. I think I prefer the anticpation of a new season. Maybe too much of a good thing is not so good.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-09, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Holy Format change batman..."
Agreed about the overload thing. I couldn't even stomach watching Dancing with the Stars this season...just one show that I really couldn't fit in...

Tribe manga'd my mug

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-09, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Holy Format change batman..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-09 AT 03:27 PM (EST)

You are not missing anything on DWTS this season. Whoever wins will be the weakest winner in a long time. I watch the show with the FF button in my hand. I can watch 2 hours in about 30 minutes because I don't even watch everyone dance, let alone the comments. Its not worth my time!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-09, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Holy Format change batman..."
It's official...I hate the new stage.

Totally distracting from the performance...plus the cheesy graphics...ugh!

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-13-09, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Holy Format change batman..."
Yes I ageee the new stage is not good. It's too deep as well - needs more emphasis on the dancers.

Everybody needs to cry or needs to spit. Every beauty needs to go out with an idiot. - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - U2

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-13-09, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Holy Format change batman..."
I saw a twitter from Nigel and it said something like "I hear what you are saying about the new stage."

Mary also twittered about how she is getting a lot of comments from people who want Blake to do some choreography on the US show.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •