The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank 'em Top 20"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-09, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank 'em Top 20"
Channing & Phillip – Jive (Jason Gilkinson)
Ashleigh & Jakob – Broadway (Tyce Diorio)
Ariana & Peter – Hip Hop (NappyTabs)
Melanie & Russell – Foxtrot (Melanie & Tony)
Bianca & Victor – Contemporary (Travis Wall)
Karen & Kevin – Cha-Cha (Melanie & Tony)
Ellenore & Ryan – Contemp Jazz (Sonya Tayeh)
Pauline & Brandon – Smooth Waltz (Jason Gilkinson)
Kathryn & Legacy – Hip Hop (Dave Scott)
Mollee & Nathan – Disco (Doriana Sanchez)

Mine:

1. Bianca & Victor - I really enjoyed this choreography and song choice. I thought Victor and Bianca played their parts beautifully. I do agree that Bianca needs to work on her feet.

2. Kathryn & Legacy - She was a pleasant surprise for me. I adore him. He was great. Fun choreo that was well executed.

3. Ellenore & Ryan - liked it. Didn't love it. Ryan looked hot though.

4. Russell - he's good stuff

5. Ashleigh & Jakob - by default and because Jakob!

6. Arianna & Peter - eh (gotta love the black and gold though... you know, being a Pittsburgher and whatnot)

7. Channing & Phillip - his plastic face makes me want to punch it. I like her. I hope to see her movements become a little more fluid.

8. Pauline & Brandon - pretty

9. Mollee & Nathan - eh

10. Karen & Russell - zzzzzzzzzzz

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rank 'em Top 20 DoodleBug 10-28-09 1
   RE: Rank 'em Top 20 Glow 10-28-09 2
       RE: Rank 'em Top 20 DoodleBug 10-28-09 7
           RE: Rank 'em Top 20 aethelstan 10-28-09 9
 RE: Rank 'em Top 20 emydi 10-28-09 3
   RE: Rank 'em Top 20 Glow 10-28-09 6
 RE: Rank 'em Top 20 aethelstan 10-28-09 4
   RE: Rank 'em Top 20 Glow 10-28-09 5
   RE: Rank 'em Top 20 emydi 10-28-09 8
       RE: Rank 'em Top 20 aethelstan 10-28-09 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-09, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rank 'em Top 20"
1. Ellenore & Ryan – Contemp Jazz (Sonya Tayeh) - my power couple! I'm a definite fan of these two and I loved the choreo on this dance.

2. Bianca & Victor – Contemporary (Travis Wall) - the dance itself is ahead of the dancers on this piece. Victor killed it and Bianca did surprisingly well.

3. Kathryn & Legacy – Hip Hop (Dave Scott) - this was so fun! Legacy was awesome and Kathryn really surprised me.

4. Ashleigh & Jakob – Broadway (Tyce Diorio) - just for Jakob. WOW!

5. Melanie & Russell – Foxtrot (Melanie & Tony) - He's adorable and I know he's got a strong fan base already. I don't understand why they chose him to dance for his life. Maybe to showcase krumping? I guess they had to pick someone to dance against Brandon.

6. Ariana & Peter – Hip Hop (NappyTabs) - I really liked this dance, just wished someone else was performing it. Ariana didn't hit hard enough - Peter did a good job though.

7. Karen & Kevin – Cha-Cha (Melanie & Tony) - they're here for Karen - Kevin looked way awkward (when I saw him)

8. Mollee & Nathan – Disco (Doriana Sanchez) - even though I don't like Disco (which is why they are 8), I like this pairing. Looking forward to seeing something else from them.

9. Channing & Phillip – Jive (Jason Gilkinson) - Channing looked stiff and I'm not a big fan of Phillip, lacking chemistry

10. Pauline & Brandon – Smooth Waltz (Jason Gilkinson) - they are cute and it was pretty, but not a great waltz

Tribe made me wave

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-28-09, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rank 'em Top 20"
Jakob reminds me of that singer who sings because he can and not because he loves lives music. Jakob is empty. That being said, his lack of emotional substance is made up for by his unnatural ability to fly. I'll enjoy watching him dance but he will never be a favorite (of mine) until he can prove he is human. That's how it was (for me) with Will and I grew to very much appreciate him a lot. A real lot. mmmm Will.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-09, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rank 'em Top 20"
Yup, I'm waiting for a breakout performance with him.

I miss the old stage. I thought it was more intimate. This stage is too loud.

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-28-09, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rank 'em Top 20"
Me too. I thought the old stage gave them more levels to work on with the stairs in the back and in the front. The robber Wade Robson routine from last year with Brandon and Janette wouldn't be possible on this stage.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-09, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rank 'em Top 20"
Different for pairings than indiv

1. Bianca & Victor – Contemporary (Travis Wall)
Travis and Victor!! Bianca was not as bad as I thought Victor was a big surprise for me I had written FODDER next to his name

2. Ellenore & Ryan – Contemp Jazz (Sonya Tayeh) Loved it and I really like this couple

3. Ashleigh & Jakob – Broadway (Tyce Diorio) I really liked this..I hated his costume and it didn't match her dress which was really hot

4. Kathryn & Legacy – Hip Hop (Dave Scott) this was very good but I don't like her

5. Melanie & KRussell (thx Stan!) – Foxtrot (Melanie & Tony)
He's amazingly good in other genres I don't care if he did or didn't get training...his krumping is sick

6. Mollee & Nathan – Disco (Doriana Sanchez) Love him, she annoys me..I already don't like the pimping of this couple

7. Karen & Kevin – Cha-Cha (Melanie & Tony) This was ok.. that last movement was awkward, Adam was right

8. Pauline & Brandon – Smooth Waltz (Jason Gilkinson) I thought this was good for just 1 1/2 days of rehearsal

9. Channing & Phillip – Jive (Jason Gilkinson) meh this is my least fave couple both bother me so much

10. Ariana & Peter – Hip Hop (NappyTabs) this was so disjointed. Peter did surprise me. I like him the best out of the tappers..I like when he goes en pointe She was fodder from beginning

10-28-09, 12:53 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Rank 'em Top 20"
I want to not like Peter because of my dislike of Philadelphia sports teams. Is that a bad reason? Hey, say what you will but the Eagles gave a dog killer a job (after his unfathomable release from prison) and the Flyers... well, they're disgusting.

10-28-09, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rank 'em Top 20"
Finally got to see this all on you tube.

Top 3 are close and well ahead of the rest

1. Kathryn & Legacy – Hip Hop (Dave Scott) Great concept. Great execution. I was prepared not to like Kathryn merely because of her high pieced crying voice but I thought the both did very well here.

2. Ellenore & Ryan – Contemp Jazz (Sonya Tayeh) Another great concept/great execution piece. I'm only a little worried that Ellenore is a little cocky. She lists genius as a word to describe herself in the bio and says that she thinks this will be one of the best pieces all-time on SYTYCD. I'd rather she just be confident and say 'we're going to kill it'.

3. Bianca & Victor – Contemporary (Travis Wall). What's nice about bringing in new choreographers is how they each have some staple/signature innovative movement. This piece had a few of these. The leg-lock roll, the ball-and-chain walk, etc. He's a real up-and coming choreographer. Oh, and the dancers danced this well too.

4. Mollee & Nathan – Disco (Doriana Sanchez). I was prepared not to like this but I keep being entertained by the energy. They do make a cute couple, but young.

5. Ashleigh & Jakob – Broadway (Tyce Diorio). This was solid but I already can't remember enough of it. I still think she's toast soon.

6. NoelleMelanie & Russell – Foxtrot (Melanie & Tony). Russell is in many ways fortunate that he got so much one-on-one time with first Iveta and now Melanie. This will help him in the long run. I have no idea why he was int he bottom 4 though but his solo was easily the strongest there.

7. Karen & Kevin – Cha-Cha (Melanie & Tony). I thought that Kevin was ok but awkward at times. Also, they really kept him out of the way and just let Karen dance, so the choreo wasn't even.

8. Ariana & Peter – Hip Hop (NappyTabs) Nice concept though it seemed a tad derivative after Wade's crash test dummies. It was ok. If Noelle can't dance next week, does Ariana come back like Comfort did?

9. Channing & Phillip – Jive (Jason Gilkinson). This was ok but they were a bit stiff.

10. Pauline & Brandon – Smooth Waltz (Jason Gilkinson). This wasn't very good. Nice that they at least claim they are going to give Brandon another chance.

10-28-09, 12:50 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Rank 'em Top 20"
"She lists genius as a word to describe herself in the bio"

oh boy. I don't normally read those so I did not know this. I did this it was a weensie bit cocky to say "best dance ever" but that coupled with calling herself a genius makes it more than weensie.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-09, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rank 'em Top 20"
I didn't like Ellenore's statement either about best ever on show...and now this...I'll be a little leery of her now...

As for Ashleigh, I think she may be the surprise..I don't know about Jeanine surprise but she may make top 10 (or 12 and go on tour with her hubby..he'll be there)

Oh, and glowie, I just pretend he's in fictional Rocky Philadelphia (btw I have to sort of root for Phillies to win bc can't root for the Yankees...how bout 7 rainouts?)

10-28-09, 03:04 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Rank 'em Top 20"
I didn't like Ellenore's statement either about best ever on show...and now this...

I had read the bio bit yesterday because I wanted to find out more about the dancer with the same sounding name as DD. Still, I always like a little more humility in the dancers I cheer for.

Maybe there's some context we don't know about. I know that in the Vegas spoilers on SYTYCDism, someone commented something like "word on the street is she's a genius" so maybe that's why?

PS. Happy belated birthday!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •