The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Canada - Final 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-20-09, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Canada - Final 4"
woo and hoo.

great show tonight.

1-877-977-4604. vote and vote often.

yes, that it for Tara-Jean!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Final 4 aethelstan 10-21-09 1
   Battle of the Blades byoffer 10-21-09 2
       RE: Battle of the Blades aethelstan 10-21-09 3
           RE: Battle of the Blades byoffer 10-21-09 5
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Final 4 MKitty 10-21-09 4
 RESULTS.... byoffer 10-25-09 6
   RE: RESULTS.... trigirl 10-26-09 7
   RE: RESULTS.... aethelstan 10-26-09 8
       RE: RESULTS.... trigirl 10-26-09 11
       Emanuel and Kim's Magician Jazz Fun... byoffer 10-26-09 13
   RE: RESULTS.... crs3192 10-26-09 9
       RE: RESULTS.... trigirl 10-26-09 12
   RE: RESULTS.... byoffer 10-26-09 10
   RE: RESULTS.... MKitty 10-27-09 14
       RE: RESULTS.... byoffer 10-28-09 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-21-09, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Final 4"
Yep. Another strong show. It wasn't my favourite of the season but it certainly didn't have any weak dances (not that there have been many of those in the past few weeks). Maybe I was too tired last night or maybe I'm suffering from SYTYCD overload as no dance really wowed me.

My spouse and I actually voted. First time ever. And, yes, it was mostly for TJ though after voting maybe a dozen times, I stopped, thinking "I'll be happy whoever wins."

Top 4: a tapper, a ballroom dancer and 2 contemporary girls. Preview of the US show perhaps. We even have a krumper in the top 20.

Another problem with Leah Miller. She seems to have developed a slouch and an asymmetrical one at that. Bah. Get rid of her already and put it replays!

I'll leave the recap to someone else. My favourite piece last night was Vincent and Jayme Rae's contemporary (Stacey Tookey), followed by the very contemporary feeling Jazz number by Everett and TJ (and despite TJ's little stumble). The all guys hip-hop number was insanely fast.

Say, anyone watching Battle of the Blades? I've been watching it online and they are definitely improving. There were 4 decent routines last week (of 6).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-21-09, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Battle of the Blades "
I have not been watching BotB, but did see the first ep on line and was intrigued. Especially because I have met Shae-Lynn Bourne at a friend's cottage, and watching her frolic around in a bikini for a weekend was something not to be forgotten.

I started a thread about the show in the Skating with Celebrities forum:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID93/45.shtml

10-21-09, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Battle of the Blades "
I had no idea there *was* a Skating with the Celebrities forum. I figured that this was a home-grown idea. Guess not.

10-21-09, 10:25 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Battle of the Blades "
Although I didn`t see the US show, I did hear some of the scuttlebutt (maybe around here). The main story seemed to be about Lloyd Eisler who skated with Kristy Swanson during the show, and then left his wife to hook up with Kristy. They are now married.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Eisler

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-21-09, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Final 4"
I can also honestly say that I will be happy with whomever wins tonight. I really love all of them....for very different reasons. I was all about TJ and Everett...but after last night, I have to also give props to Vincent and JR...so I also did vote for Vincent many times. I would love to see a ballroom dude win this thing...as it seems that contemporary dancers usually ALWAYS win in both this and the American version.

So, kudos to an awesome top four..they are all fab and I cannot wait until Sunday to see the finale!!

Spooked by Agman

10-25-09, 11:04 PM (EST)
6. "RESULTS...."
Great night of performances. Really enjoyable.

Top 2 are Vincent and Tara-Jean.

And the winner is...

TARA-JEAN!!!

HOO-RAY!!!!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-09, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: RESULTS...."
Great show. Loved just about every dance they showed. Excellent result!

10-26-09, 11:21 AM (EST)
8. "RE: RESULTS...."
There were a number of great performances last night. I don't agree with all of the choices they made. I thought Mia Michael's top 3 girls routine would have been there; I would have a different Vincent and Amy dance, either the salsa or Blake's contemporary; and I would have picked the Femme Fatale routine by Austin and Corynne instead but all in all I can't complain.

They had all of the must haves: Kim and Everett's Zombie Jazz Fusion, Jayme Rae and Everett's Bad Girl meets Nerd Jazz Funk, Emanuel and Kim's Magician Jazz Funk (hmm, I'm sensing a trend here...), the Bollywood group number choreographed by the Slumdog Millionaire choreographer, TJ and Everett's Tap Theatre routine, JR and Daniel's Dance Hall, both of TJ's and Vincent's pieces from the top 6, etc.

I really enjoyed both of the original routines. I love Sean Cheesman's Afro Jazz routines. I hope they ask him to do one in the US show 'cause they haven't really done that style yet.

I was surprised to find out that Kenny Ortega, one of the judges, directed Michael Jackson's This Is It or that Mia was supposed to be on the panel but couldn't as she injured her back during rehearsals for the new top 10 number.

In terms of who got the most dances, here's the breakdown: All were top 12.

Vincent 6
Tara-Jean 5
Everett 5
Jayme Rae 4
Kim 3
Cody 2
Melanie 2
Amy, Emanuel, Corynne, Daniel and Austin 1

By choreographer:
Sean Cheesman 3
Stacey Tookey 3
Tony & Melanie 1
Vargas 2
Luther 1
Blake 1
Sho-Tyme 1
JaeBlaze 1
Francis & Natalie (from season 1) 1
Nico (from season 1) and Wynn Holmes 1
Li'l C 1
Eric Caty 1

10-26-09, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: RESULTS...."
I really enjoyed both of the original routines. I love Sean Cheesman's Afro Jazz routines. I hope they ask him to do one in the US show 'cause they haven't really done that style yet.

Me too! He's my favourite choreographer!!!!

10-26-09, 03:40 PM (EST)
13. "Emanuel and Kim's Magician Jazz Funk "
this was such a great routine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um8fxKteJNE&NR=1

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-26-09, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: RESULTS...."
I'm SHOCKED that Vincent got second place!!
I would have much rather seen him in fourth.

But I'm happy for Tara-Jean. She was fabulous, though not my favourite.
I wish Jayme-Rae had done better in her last few rounds and that Everett had smacked down that last dance that was somewhat shaky for him.

Overall, I'm happy though.

10-26-09, 03:18 PM (EST)
12. "RE: RESULTS...."
I'm SHOCKED that Vincent got second place!!

I <3 Vincent!

10-26-09, 02:22 PM (EST)
10. "RE: RESULTS...."
Here is a video of TJ (and Everett) from week 2 of top 20. This was when she caught my eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5KY9pK8Rv4

okay, in that outfit I think she caught everyone's eyes!!

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-09, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: RESULTS...."
Yeah, I am sooo happy for TJ! I thought that Everett would have come second...but I was really happy to see my sweet boy Vincent get the second place (and the other vehicle!)

I really liked the way they highlighted all the top four at the end...not just the ones that leave early, and then the runner up always gets screwed in all the excitement of the winner...so I really think that is an improvment on the way that they usually do it in the american show and the first Canadian one.

Way to go TJ and Vincent!!

Spooked by Agman

10-28-09, 11:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: RESULTS...."
I really liked the way they highlighted all the top four at the end...not just the ones that leave early, and then the runner up always gets screwed in all the excitement of the winner...so I really think that is an improvment on the way that they usually do it in the american show and the first Canadian one.

I have to agree. I am notorious for fast forwarding through those results show, but this show required very little FF. Tons of great dance routines, and very little blah blah blah from the judges.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •