The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 6!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-14-09, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 6!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-09 AT 11:10 AM (EST)

Mary Murphy and Rex Harrington are back as guest judges. A very good show last night. I love the lack of filler as they pushed through 6 solos, 6 duets and 2 trios in 90 minutes less commercials.

TJ & Vincent - Salsa (Gustavo Vargas). If Mary screamed anymore at this piece, she'd have lost her voice. This was very well executed. Personally, I thought TJ did better in her previous Latin dance and I wondered how much more the dance would have had with Chelsie dancing with Vincent. The two tricks were unbelievable though. They've gone from lifts to throws now.

Mel & Everett - Jazz rock (Melissa Williams). A very high energy number. The judges loved it. With this and the hip hop number later, these two had two very aggressive numbers so we didn't get to see quite as much versatility in dance from them.

JR & Emanuel - Quick Step (Pierre Allaire). A quick step? in Top 6? I guess they want them to fail. I give kudos to Allaire in masking the quick step as much as he did. They had excellent open position moves but in the actual quick step, it was lacking. I loved the outfits here though. Wow. And her comment "It's ok to have junk in the trunk" was priceless!

Top 3 girls - Contemporary (Mia Michaels). This was a stunning piece and will certainly be in the finale. They all danced this one exceptionally well. None of the judges made reference to the Three Graces (check out this sculpture and compare it to the opening pose Three Graces) but I certainly saw the classical imagery and appreciated that extra layer of meaning. This one is worth finding on youtube (see link in the top 8 thread).

Top 3 guys - Latin funk (Gustavo Vargas). This number was fine but there's something about certain pieces which involve a lot of posing and playing to the audience that I don't like. You see it in a number of hip hop numbers, in some solos and here, too. When contrasted to the previous piece, you feel that you should just award the girls 1-2-3. I thought Vincent had sharper movements, at least at the beginning, but the judges singled out Everett.

TJ & Vincent - Contemporary (Stacey Tookey). This was another strong number by these two. I loved how the piece started. Vincent is arriving to give flowers to TJ (who's in an asylum) but sees her twitching and stuff and turns around as if to leave ("she didn't see me yet, I can still leave"). Then he decides to come back after all. Lovely story there.

Mel & Everett - Hip Hop (Luther). If TJ's best second style is ballroom, Mel's has to be hip hop. She's very, very consistent in this genre. A strong piece for them.

JR & Emanuel - Jazz funk (Blake McGrath). This was a variant on Blake's paparazzi piece last year and it wasn't as good as last year's. Emanuel did a lot of crawling and very little dancing while Jayme Rae did a lot of posing. I mean, it's what the dance called for but it just didn't work for me.

Solos: I enjoyed Tara Jean's solo as it was a variation of the standard contemporary "look at me, I'm showing angst" solo. I think she could win.
Melanie needs to work with Sonya Tayeh in a number, she'd shine (not that she doesn't already).
JR does the sexy posing and acting like Kim, maybe a little less successfully but she adds a better dance repertoire and technique so I think they have the right top 3.
The guys? By and large, they stuck with what brought them. I didn't notice anything I didn't see before (at least nothing worth mentioning).

Basically the best pieces went by couple. TJ & Vincent had the two best, then Mel & Everett with JR's and Emanuel's two pieces at the bottom. Jayme Rae's body of work might be a bit better than Melanie's (though largely because Daniel was more versatile than Cody) but based on last night, for me, she and Emanuel need to go. Just like last week, one bad dance and boom! you're gone.

(hallowe'en)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 6! trigirl 10-14-09 1
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 6! MKitty 10-14-09 2
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 6! trigirl 10-14-09 3
 Results byoffer 10-14-09 4
   RE: Results qwertypie 10-14-09 5
   RE: Results crs3192 10-14-09 6
       RE: Results aethelstan 10-15-09 7
           RE: Results MKitty 10-15-09 8
               RE: Results aethelstan 10-15-09 9
                   RE: Results byoffer 10-15-09 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-14-09, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 6!"
Completely agree with everything you said.

Found my eyes drawn to TJ in the all-girl number. She has really been growing on me.

Voted heavily for TJ, Vincent and Everett. Would rather see Mel go home than JR, but hey. It's time for Emanuel to go.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-09, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 6!"
Yeah, TJ and Everett are just blowing it out of the park for me lately. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them both.

Emmauel, although I love his quirky personality, has really been not quite up to par in the last two weeks. Maybe it's his injuries, maybe he just can't keep up...but I think it was really obvious in the piece with the three men...he was the obvious weak link in that number. Everett and Vincent were getting down and dirty, where Emmauel's hips didn't seem to be as flexible and he just wasn't hitting it as hard. Yeah, I think it is his week to go.

As for my lovely ladies...sigh..I really think all of them are incredible and super-talented, so will miss any of them, but I think that Mel has been in the bottom more times so I expect she will be the one to go tonight.

My bets to win this thing are on TJ and Everett (either coming in 1st and 2nd or the other way round...)

Spooked by Agman

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-09, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 6!"
They also didn't style Everett like a nerd this week. Those bangs!!!!! sacre coeur! Hope it helps him in the votes.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-14-09, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Results"
Wow, quick and direct with the results tonight.

Girls up first. Going home is... Mel. I am not surprised. Great dancer, but not the crowd appeal of the other 2.

Guys - Vincent... is safe. Everett... is also safe. Bye bye Emanuel. He did very well to get this far, but not f4.

I will continue to vote for Tara-Jean. She is so wonderful. See y'all next week!

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-09, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Results"
Thanks for the update as I missed the show because of a minor crisis here.

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-14-09, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Results"
Yeah baby! I'm so happy.
They kept exactly who I wanted to keep.

I realize that Jayme Rae wasn't doing her best work last night, but I just love her and would have been so upset to see her go.
Melanie was fantastic but I could see her go much more easily. She just didn't have as much "je-ne-sais-quoi" as JR.

SO HAPPY TO SEE EMMANUEL FINALLY GO HOME.
I never loved him and always found him slightly into himself.

10-15-09, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Results"
I never loved him and always found him slightly into himself.

I have to agree with that.

Still, the fake out was just cruel this week. It was just long enough for Vincent to compose himself and accept the decision and let the other two have hope before the actual result was told.

And, I would be remiss not to mention this spectacular move in the contemporary piece when TJ was essentially dropped (going around like a pinwheel?) by Vincent in such a way that her hair grazed the ground. That was definitely a wow! move.

Should be an exciting finale!

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-09, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Results"
Yeah, I really hated that they did a fake out for the boys, but not for the girls. The results are what I wanted, although I did love my "mini beast". Mel was so wonderful and gracious, although Manny did seem pretty upset...but he shoudl have known based on the judges comments and such. I know he seemed into himself, but he is that kind of brooding and intense personality that I just find so appealing, in a difficult sort of way, and I still think he is brilliant!

Now, the finale is going to be hard. When is it? Sunday October 25th? Did I hear that correctly? I still am hoping for TJ and/or everett to win this thing (although I do have a very special place in my heart for Vincent)

Spooked by Agman

10-15-09, 12:26 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Results"
Sunday the 25th is the results finale. CTV's website is showing that the final performances will be Tuesday from 8-10. I hope this means that as of the 27th/28th, they'll start carrying the US version. Should be the Green Mile episode then.

Mel was very gracious. I totally agree.

I have not been very impressed by the results night group routines in the past few weeks. The US season 5 was a lot better for that.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-09, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Results"
Mel was very gracious all season. Every time she danced for her life she responded that she was just having fun dancing. Really a great sport through the whole thing.

Emanuel is an "odd duck". He is extremely talented, but just seems aloof. Somehow, despite whatever efforts he might make, he doesn't connect with audiences. I think this might have been his problem as a figure skater (he was very talented in that, but just couldn't reach the top as he didn't connect with the audiences - imperative in judged sports).

The final will be great. Go TJ!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •