The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-07-09, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
You know, if the Canadians watch the American version, you'd think they could reciprocate so we can have more opinions in these threads. Ah well.

Pretty good show tonight. Not as good as last week but pretty good. Mia Michaels and Dan Karaty were the guest judges. Each dancer had a solo, 2 duets and a group number (guys/girls).

Videos will be available here: http://www.ctv.ca/mini/dance2009/video/
I wonder if they'll show some of the rehearsal footage showing how Everett and Emanuel got injured or Melanie dancing the disco with Nico! The little bit they showed last night looked better than what Mel and Emanuel did.

All-guys number - Theatre (Melissa Williams): It was entertaining but not quite as sharp as it needed to be. I think the fact that Emanuel couldn't practice as much as the others didn't help matters.

TJ & Vincent - Rumba (Eric Caty). Another ballroom for both of these? (Her fifth?) That's just ridiculous now. I found it started off rather boring but got better as they integrated some nifty lifts. The judges flat out loved it.

Kim & Cody - Hip Hop (Luther Brown). Here I was thinking: why is everyone getting his or her own style again? but then I realized that they'd be dancing two. This was well done, energetic, tight and fun.

Mel & Emanuel - Contemporary (Sabrina Matthews). With some ballet elements thrown in. Again, Emanuel didn't practice enough to feel confident with this dance. Mel did very well as usual.

Jayme Rae & Everett - Mambo (Gustavo Vargas). This is her first Latin ballroom (I think they said that). JR nailed it. Everett was like the forgotten man in this piece which is essentially how the piece was designed. One of the best dances of the night.

Top 4 girls: Jazz (Sean Cheesman). Another great number by Cheesman. This was an excellent number. The synchronicity was spot on. Mia called these four the best top 4 female dancer from any season (Canada and US). I find it hard to disagree with Mia on this. Any of these girls can with this.

TJ & Vincent - Krump (Li'l C). This was surprisingly good. Vincent seemed a little stiffer at first but they both danced it very well, TJ a little bit better.

Kim & Cody - Smooth Waltz (Pierre Allaire). I think Mia said it all when she said that this was 'awful'. The audience, I think, expected this to be a fake out but, no, it was awful. Kim's first ballroom, too.

Mel & Emanuel - Disco (Melissa Williams). This was ok, certainly better than the previous piece but it would be easily ranked #7 for me for duets on the night.

JR & Everett - Jazz funk (Nico Archambault & Wynn Holmes). Best number of the night. They performed the hell out of this one. Sure, they were essentially type cast but hey what can I say. Everett makes a great nerd and Jayme Rae makes a great bad girl.

Solos: I generally don't care for the solos so anyone else can comment here.

Bottom 2: guys. Has to be Emanuel and Cody. Everett's the strongest guy this year. Who goes home? Depends if Canada wants to put Emanuel out of his misery. His injuries are becoming too much of a story. Still, Cody is the weakest dancer so I would say Cody goes home.

Bottom 2: girls. Melanie and Kim mainly because their partners dragged them down. Based on last night, Kim should go but it's too hard to call. It's top 8 so be ready for a surprise boot.

Final note: In rehearsals, they had Gustavo Vargas, Nico and national ballet second lead Jonathan Renna stand in for the injured Emanuel.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8 djandy 10-07-09 1
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8 aethelstan 10-07-09 2
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8 MKitty 10-07-09 3
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8 byoffer 10-07-09 4
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8 MKitty 10-07-09 5
 Results byoffer 10-07-09 6
   RE: Results aethelstan 10-08-09 7
   RE: Results MKitty 10-08-09 8
       RE: Results trigirl 10-09-09 9
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8 djandy 10-11-09 10
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8 Snidget 10-11-09 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-07-09, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
>You know, if the Canadians watch the American version, you'd think they could reciprocate so we can have more opinions in these threads. Ah well.
>
>Videos will be available here: http://www.ctv.ca/mini/dance2009/video/

This link does not work for people in the U.S. It says you must be from Canada to access the videos on the site. So thanks, Aethelstan, for posting the MrDuckBear You Tube Link. Off to look for this week's videos.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-07-09, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
Ah rats. I was worried about that because I've been on the wrong side of geo-fencing before. Sorry about that.

Here's the link to the youtube site again for others reading this thread who don't have it. He generally gets the videos up within a day. Right now, you may have to weed through the polish version videos as well though.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=mrduckbears6#play/uploads

(and he asks everyone not to create a playlist using sytycd or 'so you think you can dance' because that's how they remove videos.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-07-09, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
Yeah, I didn't think that our American friends could see our show...as we often can't see the videos on the American networks sites....so be it...

I loved last night's show, but was concerned for one of my favourites, Emmanuel, because he is hurt and obviously couldn't do as well as a non-injured performance. It was great seeing the stand ins at the end of the show from the rehearsal footage, but I do feel bad for him.

I am just loving Everett...and it keeps getting stronger every week. and Jaymie Rae? She is so phenomenal..and my little mini-beast.

I would have to say that Kim is the only girl I could handle going at this point...and for the guys...well, it just has to be Cody. As cute as he is....he just cannot keep up with the other dancers.

I fear that I will be disappointed tonight with the vote..but I will be hoping that Mel, TJ and Jayme Rae are safe, and I hope that Vincent, Emmanuel and Everett are safe..(crosses fingers!)

Tribe manga'd my mug

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-07-09, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
Hey guys

I have been watching all season but haven't been in here to comment. Last night's show was pretty good, though the injuries are obviously having an impact. Is this the flakey Emanuel we all remember from his figure skating days when he was so close to being an international champion?

I have another reality show crush, this time on TJ. She is so cute and her spunkiness shines in numbers like the tap routine she did with Everett. She has been getting very tough routines, and doing a great job (though the first number tonight was too slow for my liking).

Everett, IMO, is the star of the show. LOVE this guy when he is dancing, and I really hope he will win the whole thing.

I am hoping that Cody is the guy to go, and either Kim or Melanie.

10-07-09, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
Yeah, Emmanuel was the figure skater...and I know he is a bit odd, but I find his earnestness and quiet desperation somehow appealing! LOL... Look how hard he tries...even with his injuries!

Yes, TJ and Everett are so on fire right now!!

Tribe manga'd my mug

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-09, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Results"
The results are in.

Bottom 2 girls are Melanie and Kim.

Bottom 2 guys are Cody and Everett. Huh??

And the two going home this week are Kim and Cody.

No real surprises here, other than Everett being bottom 2.

10-08-09, 08:47 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Results"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-09 AT 08:48 AM (EST)

I'm find with those that left. But it really shows that one bad dance can sink you. (or a fall in the case of Anthony).

You know that practice of matching up partner names, like Twitchington? Well, Melanie and Cody probably had the best 'ship' name, all time: Melody.

And it's good to see you around, By!

10-08-09, 02:48 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Results"
I caught the last five minutes of the results show (damn PVR!), but was happy with the result. I will not be happy next week...as I love all of them at this point! And I also did a big WTF about Everett being the bottom 2!!!

Tribe manga'd my mug

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-09, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Results"
I was at a conference so missed the show. Darn, they seem to miss my votes when I am away. Poor Ev. I will vote next week 4sure!

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-11-09, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
Finally got to watch the dances (although a few were missing - including what happened to Emanuel). I'm still loving Tara-Jean and Everett. I hope one of those two wins it all.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-09, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-09 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

The only way I can see it would be illegally. The official website won't let me watch from a computer in the USA.

I'd love to watch some of the Canadian and Australian versions of the US shows but unless it is from the BBC or a couple of Mexico networks the USA pretends no other TV is produced in all the world.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •