The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-30-09, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 10"
Videos clips of all dances from all shows available on main site here: http://www.ctv.ca/mini/dance2009/video/. A great show tonight. It was a packed hour with 10 solos and 5 duets. I loved all the duet numbers. While other shows have have good to great numbers with a few standouts, almost every duet stood out for me this week.

Everett & Kim - Jazz (Sean Cheesman). Wow. This was very enteraining. Kim may not be the most attractive dancer but she can perform like nobody's business. Judges comments ranged from "Best choreo piece by Cheesman" (Luther). "Best of the night" (Blake) and "Best of the season" (Tre). I'm not sure I completely agree with Luther but Blake may well have been right.

TJ & Emanuel - Samba (Tony & Melanie). Great dance. A crazy trick move at the end with Emanuel 'jumping' on to TJ's shoulders as she arcs backward until Emanuel lands. They essentially make a small 'h' for a second. Very entertaining dance. Jean-Marc gave the dangerous "You are destined for top 4 to Tara-Jean" but it's hard to disagree with him. She has yet to dance in her own genre.

Jamie Rae & Austin - Hip hop (Sho-tyme). I'm finding that Sho-tyme has really improved his choreo this year. Jamie Rae does yet another great job here. Austin does quite well. A lot better than I expected. Jamie Rae also had my favourite solo of the night.

Melanie & Vincent - Paso Doble (Francis & Natalie). They got last season's best paso performers to choreograph this time and it was very good. An intense number with non-traditional music and Mel and Vince all dressed in black. Paso works best with a strong male lead and it seems like the producers don't want to risk this unless the guy is a ballroom guy (Austin and Vincent this year and Francis last year). Probably a wise move. Melanie always expresses so well and does the little extras in her dance to make them great.

Cody & Amy - Contemporary (Stacey Tookie). A good performance but didn't have the extra oomph that the other dances had. Cody performed better than expected but at this stage you need to be "better than the others" rather than "better than expected". Cody's solo this week was better than last weeks.

Solos. Well, what can I say. contemporary solos have a lot of similar moves. Vincent's solo was nothing unexpected. Best solos were, imo, Jamie Rae and Everett.

Bottom 2. I think that's what they do at this stage. Well...

To me the strongest 4 dancers in this competition are Jamie Rae, Tara Jean, Melanie and Kim. Then you get guys like Everett and Emanuel. As long as Amy goes tonight, I can't be disappointed with whoever makes top 4 from the women. They each bring something special to the competition.

So, I'll say Amy and Melanie (mainly because Mel's number was the first of the night and Jamie Rae's was last)

Guys: Austin and Cody with Austin going home. I think Cody's fan base is better even if Austin's the better dancer.

It will be interesting to see whether Vincent or Amy was the anchor for that pairing over the past few weeks.

What do you guys think?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 10 MKitty 09-30-09 1
 Results aethelstan 10-01-09 2
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 10 trigirl 10-01-09 3
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 10 aethelstan 10-01-09 4
       RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 10 MKitty 10-01-09 5
       RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 10 qwertypie 10-03-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-30-09, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 10"
Yeah, great show last night. I am at the point that I adore absolutely everyone...but Amy...so really want her to be gone already. And yes, Cody, cutie-pie, but it really is his time to leave...but now Canada will choose who stays and who goes and nobody can protect them anymore!

I love Everett more each week, and absolutely adore TJ. I also love Melanie..the mini-Beast. It's so hard at this point. Jamie Rae is also amazing, and I still love Emmanuel. BAH!

Sigh, so, I would say, for the girls I think Amy should go, and definately Cody should go for the boys...(but maybe his fan base is just too big..but the girls also seem to like Austin...so who knows?)

I am definately hoping to not be devestated tonight..but I likely will be....we shall see!

Tribe manga'd my mug

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-01-09, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Results"
Hey. I got this one 100% right! Cool!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-09, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 10"
You did get it right! I was expecting Cody to go home. I am with you guys...as long as Amy went home I could live with the rest.

Anyone going to go to the show?

10-01-09, 12:00 PM (EST)
4. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 10"
Our caregiver is also a big fan. We are thinking of getting her tickets for the Ottawa show. Does anyone have any idea what the prices are like?

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-09, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 10"
I have no idea what prices are like.

No surprise about the results. I suspected that Cody had a bigger fan base than Austin...but, as they keep repeating..it's about Canada's *favourite* dancer...not the best! I would have screamed and thrown something at the TV if my mini-Beast had been sent home!!

Tribe manga'd my mug

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-09, 03:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 10"
Supposedly $39.75 - $59.75
+ all those nasty service charges.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •