The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-23-09, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 12"
Guest judges: Mia Michaels and Rex Harrington.

A pretty good show this week. Everett, Vincent, Kim & Jayme Rae all got their styles while Melanie wasn't too far off with Jazz. The couple that got screwed by the 'hat' this week was Austin and Corynne and it showed.

Everett & Tara-Jean - Theatre (Sean Cheeseman). Sean said "I've got Everett, so I'm going to throw a little tap in there". I'm pretty sure this is the only time tap has been done as a pair dance anywhere (like the ballet/pas de deux on SYTYCD 5). This was a high energy piece with some fast footwork and an absolutely killer lift flip. Tara-Jean did a flip roll to get up to Everett's shoulders and then continued and did a flip/roll to get back down the other side and back through his legs. It was fantastic. Best routine of the night for me.

Emanuel & Kim - Hip Hop (Luther Brown). I think Luther is just trying to see if his routines are going to get censored. He had Kim grab Emanuel's, um, well, you know, this week making three straight weeks of edgy (to put it mildly) choreography. Still, Kim nailed this one. Emanuel was outdanced but was able to sell it enough with his expressions. Mia called Kim her favourite girl.

Vincent & Amy - Jive (Tony & Melanie). Another ballroom? I have to give kudos to the camera work here as I think I saw their feet the whole time. It was obviously well dance as it's Vincent favourite style. Amy kept up. Mia called Vincent her favourite guy.

Melanie & Cody - Jazz (Melissa Williams). Melanie totally outdanced Cody. She was able to emote with her facial expressions and really played up the role. Cody just got lost by comparison.

Daniel & Jayme Rae - Contemporary (Blake McGrath). I think that Blake stole elements again. Does anyone else see it? This week, I saw a lot of Sonya Tayeh moves in this number as well as a little swipe from the Jason/Kayla zombie routine. Jayme Rae did a great job here but Daniel, like Cody above, was so far outside his element that he couldn't keep up.

Austin & Corynne - Salsa (Tony & Melanie). I think Tony & Melanie tried to make this one mostly tricks and posing because neither could dance salsa properly. I don't think this was as bad as Mia said but it wasn't as good as the rest of the night.

Bottom 3 (it's half of them now)

Austin & Corynne
Daniel & Jayme Rae
Melanie & Cody

- though it's possible that Amy & Vincent will be down there as they just don't seem to get votes.

Leaving:
I think Daniel is higher than Cody on the depth chart right now so I see Cody leaving if he's in the bottom 3.
For the girls, I think Corynne's time is up. The other girls are all stronger dancers.

Next week: Look to see Mia hand pick a couple to do a piece with her, now that they have 'randomly' selected new partners. I think it's strategic that they got Mia to judge this week. It's like an audition.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 aethelstan 09-23-09 1
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 trigirl 09-23-09 2
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 MKitty 09-23-09 3
 Top 12 - Results aethelstan 09-24-09 4
   RE: Top 12 - Results MKitty 09-24-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-23-09, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12"
And can anyone tell me why the starting order during introductins is the same every week? It has always started with Tara-Jean and ended with Austin. Has any other season anywhere done this? I never noticed it before.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-23-09, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12"
I really love TJ and Everett. I think they are may faves this season. That performance was amazing!

I am finding Luther's choreo a little over-the-top this season. Do we really need all that crotch grabbing?

I hope, hope, hope that Vincent gets the votes this week. Soccer-Mom Amy and her fake smile can go home as soon as she gets a new partner. How old is she anyway...40?

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-09, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12"
TriGirl..you have totally hacked into my brain, as I feel EXACTLY the same as you do!

I just realized last night how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE TJ and Everett. I just have started to like them more and more every time I see them! I voted for them...almost more than anybody else last night.

And yes, Luther...chill a bit dude. I love sexy, don't get me wrong, but every week with the crotch grab? Sheesh.

I ADORE Vincent. He was absolutely brilliant last night. I voted for him lots and I want him to have the thrill of NOT being in the bottom three...but Amy..sheesh..she really has to go (and this is coming from a 40-something soccer mom! LOL... )

I still LOVE Kim and Emmauel too, and they are holding strong for me..but definately thought TJ and Everett had the best dance of the night!

Tribe manga'd my mug

09-24-09, 09:14 AM (EST)
4. "Top 12 - Results"
Well, I had the right B3 and the right gal leaving but not the right guy.

Personally, I think it's a mistake. I think that both in the solos last night as well as the previous weeks that Daniel outdanced Cody but either the judges saw something different or they just wanted Cody on the tour because they figured they'd get more ticket sales that way.

To recap, B3:

Austin & Corynne
Daniel & Jayme Rae
Melanie & Cody

Corynne and Daniel leaving.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-09, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 12 - Results"
I couldn't agree more... I think it should have been Cody and when my DH said "wtf" when Cody was saved, i said the EXACT same thing..."oh, they are keeping him around as he is he sweetheart and will increase ticket sales for their Top Ten tour"!!

Yes, Daniel really should have stayed and Cody should have gone.

As for Corynne, she couldn't cross over as well as Jayme Rae and Mel...so she had to go. So good to see she was gracious and lovely in her goodbye speech. She is only 18!!! I had no idea!! Great poise for an 18 year old. I was impressed

*autumnal delight by Agman*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •