The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Canada Top 14"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-16-09, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Canada Top 14"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-09 AT 10:54 AM (EST)

Dan Karaty and Karen Kain guest judging. Another strong show top to bottom. Everyone was falling over themselves because they were so thrilled to be there with Karen Kain. I think Leah Miller had a collagen injection because her lips looked really weird last night.

Gotta give props to the Canadian show for making this just a 90 minute show. No filler! Next week it's just an hour - 6 dances!

I think they're coddling Mel & Cody and Amy & Vincent, once again giving them stuff in their genre.

Mel & Cody - Hip Hop (Luther Brown). A hard hitting hip-hop where both did well. Melanie is quite good at hip hop. Luther reversed the direction of the gratuitous near sex this week.

Amy & Vincent - Cha Cha (Gustavo Vargas). An enjoyable routine but given the strength of the evening, will it stand out enough. Had a very nice lift in the middle part though. Also, this couple seems to have trouble connecting with the audience given that they've been in the bottom twice already.

Kim & Emmanuel - Contemporary (Stacey Tookey). This one was very well choreographed and danced technically. I had trouble believing the romance/chemistry between them though but that might just be me.

Jayme Rae & Daniel - Disco (Melissa Williams). I'm going to have to agree with Dan Karaty here (who gave the only negative critique of the night) in that this dance didn't quite do it for me. All the elements were there but it seemed to me that they were thinking about their steps too much to really convey the enjoyment of dancing it.

Tara-Jean & Everett - Dance Hall (Sho-Tyme). Along with the quickstep and the west coast swing - apparently all of them lay claim to the fastest dance. There was some great, great footwork here. Maybe they give Everett this because of his tap background? Another solid dance.

Natalie & Danny - West Coast Swing (Benji Schwimmer). I missed the judges comments here but apparently they all agreed with my initial reaction which was: "That was WCS?" However, it did have a variation of Benji's signature move. I think it was danced well but it was lacking a bit for me.

Corynne & Austin - Jazz (John Byrne? - the name eludes me). This was a pleasant surprise. It was a good routine, though I could have done without the gun - or at least bring it in much later; it's hard to dance carrying a gun. There were some stunning tricks in here, huge trust required. The first lift was cool but then there was a leap where Corynne did a kind of arrow with her legs and threaded the needle of Austin's arms who caught her. She seemed to go completely horizontal, neither rising or falling for far longer than possible. You just have to see it.

Bottom 3:
For me it would be:
Jamie Rae and Daniel - though it'd be a shame to lose either since their body of work so far has been great.
Natalie & Danny - but the east coast vote may play a factor - trust me, you cannot underestimate this voting block.

then it's really tough, I'll say
Amy & Vincent

I think Danny and Natalie/Amy should go but they love Amy so she won't. Still, if they are there again, they'll have to recognize that this partnership isn't getting the audience to vote.

ETF: typo

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 14 MKitty 09-16-09 1
 RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 14 trigirl 09-16-09 2
 Results trigirl 09-17-09 3
   RE: Results aethelstan 09-17-09 4
       RE: Results MKitty 09-17-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-16-09, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 14"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-09 AT 03:21 PM (EST)

Yeah, great set of dances last night. Yes, everyone was gushing over Karen Kain last night, who seemed a bit out of her element when commented on Hip Hop and House.

It seems odd to me that many of the dancers seems to be getting the same genre over and over, despite it only beingn a few weeks in. I found myself saying: "they got hip hop again?" or "they got contemporary again?" Yes, it does seem like the hat is not so random...or is ir really just pure luck?

I loved the TJ and Everett number..and she totally rocked that number, and I believe, outdanced him...as much as I like him.

Still "meh" about Amy and Danny, but LOVED Vincent last night!!

Still loving Emmanuel, Melanie and Austin and Corynne. Lots of strong dancers that I love...it's getting harder for me to see anybody go!

Tribe manga'd my mug

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-09, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 14"
This was really and truly an all around great performance night. There wasn't anyone I felt did poorly. I usually vote, but even I did not know who to vote for. Going to be interesting.

I still do not like Amy much. I would love to see Vincent with someone else, but cannot pick a guy I want to see go home.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Results"
You called it.

Jamie Ray and Daniel
Amy and Vincent
Natlie and Danny

going home....
Natalie and Danny

It was a tough choice, but probably the right choice. Not sure why they are protecting Amy. Hopefully after top 10 she will be gone.

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-17-09, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Results"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-09 AT 10:52 AM (EST)

Yeah. It was a tough choice. Around my house, we wanted Natalie to stay over Amy.

Amy seems like the Canadian version of Kayla in that they were both in the bottom three so much but the judges want them in the top 10. However, I wouldn't say that there is much over-pimping going on. Amy (or Vincent but for my spouse and I it's Amy) isn't connecting with the audience enough.

ETA: I thought that they were getting better with the fake outs (that is - they were doing fewer of them) but I was wrong. Last night was painful!

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Results"
Yeah, I totally hate the fake-outs. Don't they realize that Cat doesn't even do them anymore??? And Leah claimes that she is only reading the script...doesn't anyone say, come on, this fake out stuff is total bullsh*t and is not fair to the dancers or anyone else, just cut the crap. They seem to cut the crap and do it swiftly but respectfully with the judges, but they keep giving Leah these awful cards to read...ARGHGHGGH!!

Still wanted Amy to go last night...and as nice as Danny seemed, he was still quite "meh" for me...so I think they hit on the head when they basically told him it was because of his lack of personality!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •