The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 8 Rankings"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-23-09, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 8 Rankings"
Here are the performances from last night... How would you rank them? Feel free to rank the solos too. I'll be back with mine.....

Janette and Evan
1. Jazz - Sonya Tayeh
2. Rumba - Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin

Jeanine and Brandon
1. Waltz - Hunter Johnson
2. Pop Jazz - Laurie Ann Gibson

Melissa and Ade
1. Cha Cha - Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin
2. Contemporary - Tyce Diorio

Kayla and Jason
1. Broadway - Tyce Diorio
2. Hip Hop - Shane Sparks

Jason

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 8 Rankings DoodleBug 07-23-09 1
 RE: Top 8 Rankings emydi 07-23-09 2
 RE: Top 8 Rankings Glow 07-23-09 3
 RE: Top 8 Rankings aethelstan 07-23-09 4
 RE: Top 8 Rankings Belle Book 07-23-09 5
 RE: Top 8 Rankings djandy 07-23-09 6
 Summary aethelstan 07-24-09 7
 Season summary. aethelstan 07-24-09 8
   RE: Season summary. DoodleBug 07-24-09 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-23-09, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 8 Rankings"
I have to do my rankings before I know who should go and who I think will go. So here it goes....

1. Melissa and Ade - Contemporary: the whole piece was gorgeous, it was beautifully danced, perfect couple to do the performance, just outstanding

2. Jeanine and Brandon - pop jazz: I love this dance and they did it so well, they were in synch, hit it hard, and really showed power and emotion - LOVED it

3. Kayla and Jason - hip hop: this is probably my favorite hip hop from the season (next to Mad), I loved the characters and the choreography was awesome, Jason was really shining during this one.

4. Kayla and Jason - Broadway: Kayla looked gorgeous and Jason was so smooth

5. Janette and Evan - Jazz: not my favorite Sonya routine, but they did well, Janette stood out

6. Jeanine and Brandon - Waltz: not my favorite waltz, but they were better than the two beneath this one, I thought Jeanine was gorgeous, I didn't care for the music and there wasn't much rise and fall but there were moments that were very nice

7. Janette and Evan - Rumba: I'm not a fan of the Latin dances, Janette is uber-sexy, but I didn't like Evan in this dance

8. Melissa and Ade - Cha Cha: meh, feet were a mess, hated the red pants and red shoes, didn't enjoy this at all, it looked awkward to me for some reason, I stopped watching mid-way through

Solos:
Jeanine - YES
Brandon - I just love to watch him
Kayla - MUCH better, she IS gorgeous
Ade - very good
Jason - *squeeze*
Janette - very interesting
Evan - NOT his best at all
Melissa - meh

Summary....
1. Jeanine (9)
2. Brandon (10)
3. Kayla (10)
4. Jason (12)
5. Ade (13)
6. Melissa (17)
7. Janette (18)
8. Evan (19)

Tribe made me wave

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-09, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 8 Rankings"
Solos

1. Brandon-I really liked this one
2. Ade-this boy is strong and his flips aren't all the same
3. Janette-she is so versatile, loved this solo
4. Evan-not as good as last week but nice
5. Kayla-this was her best solo and I loved the cute little dress she had on
6. Jason-this was better than last week but meh
7. Jeanine-this was not better than last week
8. Melissa-this was blah for me

Pairs

1. Melissa/Ade- Contemporary - Tyce Diorio--now we see why they were coupled together again so soon...for this choreo. They were not sure they'd make it past F8 so they had to do this. I loved this esp the jump that Melissa made into Ade's arms, it was fabulous...they really did a great job

2. Brandon/Jeanine Pop Jazz - Laurie Ann Gibson-who is this new choreo and why have they not used her more? I love her. This was a great dance loved the style and they executed it great

3. Kayla/Jason HH Shane Sparks--who's gonna dis on Shane now...I loved this and they both were strong. This was best HH of season

4. Evan Janette Jazz Sonya- I loved this dance and they did great together very in synch. I love Evan

5. Kayla/Jason B'way Tyce-wow this was my fave b'way prob ever. I really liked this, Kayla should go there

6. Evan Janette Rumba Tony/Melanie- I love T/M and this was a very sexy Rumba...meh on Nigel

7. Brandon Janette Waltz HJohnson-I liked how slow this was, it's only down here bc others were so good

8. Melissa Ade Cha Cha T/M-not good only one I really did not like

Rankings

Brandon 1+2+7 = 10
Ade 2 + 1 + 8 = 11
Janette 3+4+6 = 13
Kayla 5+3+5 = 13
Evan 4+4+6 = 14
Jason 6+3+5 = 14
Jeanine 7+2+7 = 16
Melissa 8+1+8 = 17

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-09, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 8 Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-09 AT 10:55 AM (EST)

Solos:
Jeanine - one of the best I've seen this season and perhaps ever
Ade - his strength when he dances is a thing of beauty
Melissa - she did this one turn thingy that looked completely impossible... it was gorgeous. She is gorgeous.
Brandon - he lacks something but he's still pretty great
Evan - He puts a smile right on your face every time.
Jason - ditto Brandon's comment
Kayla - her solos are lacking
Janette - her worst solo to date. She tried to mix it up. It didn't work.

(I may edit in comments later. Must do work.)

Melissa/Ade - Contemporary - I think it was Lauri Ann who Mia said something about choreographing from her soul. She should have said that to Tyce. What he put together was so beautiful and so powerful it must have torn him apart to choreograph. I have such love for Tyce because I've seen pieces from him in the past that have wowed me. (Ivan/Allison "Why", Jessica/Will "Adam and Eve") This was easily my favorite dance. If it isn't nominated next year, I'll kick things. The way she pounded on his chest with both fists. The way he was just there for her. He was so strong and so angry. Her trust in him was perfect for this routine. She was perfect for this routine. He was perfect for this routine. I can't come up with anybody else that could have done this piece. Not this season or any other season. It was stunning and heartbreaking and perfect.

Jeanine/Brandon - Pop Jazz - Brandon blew me away in this. The way he was hitting it was really great to watch. I fell in love with him a little bit more. She was just there but the fact that she was able to be there with him while he was being so amazing is pretty impressive.

Kayla/Jason - Hip Hop - This was really cool. I think it hid Kayla a bit. Maybe she's not a good hip hopper? Was that her first hip hop? Jason was great.

Janette/Evan - Jazz - chick is a beast

Kayla/Jason - Broadway - this one was okay but it left me with nothing

Melissa/Ade - Cha Cha - meh

Janette/Evan - Rumba - no. No rumbas or sambas or boombas for Evan. Stop it. But he tried. And gosh was this slow or was it just me?

Jeanine/Brandon - Waltz - even more meh than the Cha Cha

Combined Rankings:
Ade 9
Melissa 10
Jeanine 12
Brandon 14
Jason 14
Kayla 15
Evan 16
Janette 19

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-23-09, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 8 Rankings"
Tough week.

Pairs:

1. Jason and Kayla - Hip Hop. I really enjoyed this. Jason's little solo was great. The costume was great. I only wish he'd been able to lift her more cleanly and higher when he picked her up to go to see the judges.
2. Jeanine and Brandon - Pop Jazz - lots of energy
3. Jason and Kayla - Broadway. I also enjoyed this. I find Jason has excellent charisma and the camera loves him. The overpimping almost totally ruined it, however.
4. Janette and Evan - Jazz. I like this quite a bit too.
5. Melissa and Ade - Contemp. I feel guilty putting this here but the top 5 were all very close and somehow it didn't resonate with me. Though, on second viewing, I did like the "well, why don't I just kill myself by leaping off the stage head first" and Ade catches her as if to say "No"

The bottom 3 are about the same

6. Janette and Evan's rumba
7. Melissa and Ade's cha cha
8. Jeanine and Brandon's waltz

Solos:

1. Ade - better musicality than last week
2. Jeanine - I like this but it was cut too early.
3. Brandon - love the standing tumbling run. Better than Jonathan!
4. Kayla - probably her best solo.
5. Evan
6. Jason
7. Janette
8. Melissa - I thought it was slow and not much happened.

Total:

1. Kayla 4+1+3=8 (!)
2. Jason 6+1+3=10
3. Jeanine 2+2+8=12
4. Ade 1+5+7 = 13
5. Brandon 3+2+8=13
6. Evan 5+4+6 = 15
7. Janette 7+4+6=17
8. Melissa 8+5+7 = 20

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-23-09, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 8 Rankings"
8. Janette & Evan, jazz -- too weird and quirky for me.
7. Kayla & Jason, hip-hop -- zombies just aren't my style.
6. Melissa & Ade, cha-cha -- could've been better.
5. Janette & Evan, rumba -- at least they were trying.
4. Jeanine & Brandon, hip-hop -- not my favorite, but very good.
3. Jeanine & Brandon, smooth waltz -- loved it more than the judges did. Don't know why.
2. Kayla & Jason, Broadway -- really good!
1. Melissa & Ade, contemporary -- beautiful. Just beautiful.

Overall:

1. Jeanine & Brandon.
2. Melissa & Ade.
3. Kayla & Jason
4. Janette & Evan.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-23-09, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 8 Rankings"
Duets:
1.) Melissa & Ade - Contemporary
2.) Jeanine & Brandon - Pop Jazz
3.) Kayla & Jason - Broadway
4.) Janette & Evan - Jazz
5.) Janette & Evan - Rumba
6.) Kayla & Jason - Hip Hop
7.) Jeanine & Brandon - Waltz
8.) Melissa & Ade - Cha Cha

Solos:
1.) Jeanine
2.) Evan
3.) Brandon
4.) Melissa
5.) Ade
6.) Janette
7.) Jason
8.) Kayla

Since my duets cancelled each other out, my final rankings were my solo rankings.

07-24-09, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Summary"
Well, isn't this interesting. On 6 entries we have..

Rank, Name, Average score, Lowest, Highest
1 Brandon 2.50 5 1
2 Jeanine 2.70 7 1
3 Ade 3.90 5 2
4 Kayla 4.30 8 1
5 Jason 4.90 7 2
6 Evan 5.70 8 2
7 Melissa 5.90 8 3.5
8 Janette 6.10 7.5 3

Quite a range but we had Janette last and she left! And, we had Jason almost last. Yay us!

07-24-09, 10:01 AM (EST)
8. "Season summary."
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-09 AT 10:02 AM (EST)

Here's what we have for the season. I've adjusted the pre top 10 scores to keep them on the same scale as top 10.

Rank, Name, Average

1 Ade 3.57
2 Melissa 4.71
3 Brandon 5.14
4 Janette 5.71
5 Kayla 6.29
6 Evan 7.00
7 Jeanine 7.86
8 Randi 8.33
9 Kupono 9.17
10 Jason 10.00

11 Philip 10.40
12 Caitlin 12.00
12 Vitolio 12.00
12 Asuka 12.00
15 Karla 14.00
16 Jonathan 14.67

I'd say that makes Janette a shocking boot!
Edited to add. when you look week by week, you can see that Philip was really holding Jeanine down as she's been #1 and #2 in the past 2 weeks.

07-24-09, 10:57 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Season summary."
I totally agree that Janette was a bit shocking, but her dances just weren't as good partnered with Evan (IMO). And Philip was definitely holding Jeanine down.

So we have Ade in first place right now? Very interesting. Of the remaining gals, he's only danced with Melissa.

If they want to pair them with someone they've never danced with before, then the partners for top 6 should be:

Melissa/Evan
Jeanine/Ade
Kayla/Brandon

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •