The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wardrobe"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-06-09, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wardrobe"
So who selects the outfits for the dancers? This season seems particularly bad from that perspective.

Caitlin's outfit this week (alien) and last week (for paso doble) were awful. And she is not alone in being a victim of some over-creative wardrobe person.

Do the contestants choose their outfits? Do they get input??

My biggest complaint is that the wardrobe can be distracting, and can really impact out ability to get to know the dancers.

thoughts?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wardrobe Snidget 07-06-09 1
   RE: Wardrobe qwertypie 07-06-09 2
       RE: Wardrobe CTgirl 07-06-09 3
           RE: Wardrobe tribephyl 07-06-09 4
               RE: Wardrobe byoffer 07-06-09 5
                   RE: Wardrobe tribephyl 07-07-09 6
                       RE: Wardrobe byoffer 07-07-09 7
                           RE: Wardrobe tribephyl 07-07-09 8
                               RE: Wardrobe byoffer 07-07-09 9
                                   RE: Wardrobe DoodleBug 07-07-09 10
                                   RE: Wardrobe Maroonclown 07-08-09 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-09, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wardrobe"
It does kind of seem that the main people with input into the wardrobe are just the wardrobe people and they seem rather peeved at just about everyone.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-09, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wardrobe"
Yep, there has been some real stinkers. I am sure some of the wardrobe designers do not have a dance background.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-09, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wardrobe"
I agree, but don't you think the choreographers have some input? After all, the costumes should fit with how they "imagine" the dance to go.

Spotlighted by Tribe

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-09, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wardrobe"
Not to mention the fact that the judges often make it seem as if the dancers have a choice in what they wear.
I often get asked that question. As if I have anything at all to do with it.

My thought is that it's a: Choreographer "tries" to explain the concept to the wardrobe people, who in turn consult briefly with the dancers, who often leave it up to the wardrobe people to decide. It is, after all, their job.
Yet even wardrobe people Ef-Up. Actually, quite often.
Then again, they don't have a "costume judge" on the panel so really who knows, from a design perspective, what's good or not.
Fashion is subjective and different for everyone, right?
Perhaps not good for dance, but none-the-less topical or controversial.

I do, however, have it on good authority, that genie pants do not look good on anyone, ever. Even genies.

07-06-09, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wardrobe"
genie pants do not look good on anyone, ever.

*Heads back to the return desk*

07-07-09, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Wardrobe"
Really?
I always figured you for more of a fig-leaf type of guy.

Perhaps a strategically askew blur?

07-07-09, 09:27 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Wardrobe"
Yes, but a genie-styled fig leaf.

love the blur siggie.

07-07-09, 02:21 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Wardrobe"
So, a fig-leaf that appears as if you've gone #2 in it? Still, not a good idea.

and for you, my byblurred one

07-07-09, 02:56 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Wardrobe"
It's not the size of the fig leaf, but the...

Tribe makes me blurry.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-09, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Wardrobe"
I have strange visions of the "Can't Touch This" video....

*slowly backs out of thread*

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-09, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Wardrobe"
Is that blurred siggie moving? Or are my eyes just messed up?

compliments of agman's little shoppe of siggies

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •