The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Style Analysis"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-06-09, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Style Analysis"
Now that we've had 4 weeks I thought we have enough data to start to see who looks favored by the not quite so random hat and who is not.

Putting the dances into groupings can be troublesome but here is how I broke it down.

% Related Style Overview.
1. Non-Partner Dances, Traditional Dance (Contemp/Jazz/Broadway/Ballet/World)
2. Partner Dances (Latin/Ballroom/Disco)
3. Non-Partner Dances, Street (Hip Hop, etc)

While World and Ballet have issues being in with the Broadway/Jazz/Contemp I think they are most similar. You don't have the intense interaction between the pair and at least some of the steps in all of them tend to be more similar than they are to any of the Partner dances.

I put Hip Hop (and any other street style that may show up) by itself as the technique tends to be enough different from the other non-partner dances that it seemed OK off on its own.

75% in a Related Style
Ade
Evan
Janette
Melissa
Randi

50% in Related Style
Caitlin
Jason
Kayla
Kupono
Phillip

25% Related Style
Jeanine

0% Related Style
Brandon

People with 0% in their own specific style (as listed on the RTVW top 20 intro post and I separated out the Jazz from the Contemporary as there are some differences between who ends up being called what)

Brandon
Caitlin
Jason
Jeanine

The rest have 25% other than Phillip for whom related and exact style are the same and has 50%

Janette and Brandon (Latin and Contemp)
0% Contemp/Jazz
0% Broadway/Ballet/World
75% Couple
25% Hip Hop

% in exact style
25% Janette
0 % Brandon

% in related style
75% Janette
0% Brandon

Kayla and Kupono (Jazz and Contemporary)
50% Contemp/Jazz
0% Broadway/Ballet/World
50% Couple Her
25% Couple Him
0% Hip Hop Her
25% Hip Hop Him

% in exact style
25% Kayla
25% Kupono

% in related style
50% Kayla
50% Kupono

Randi and Evan (Jazz and Broadway)
50% Contemp/Jazz
25% Broadway/Ballet/World
25% Couple
0% Hip Hop

% in exact style
25% Randi
25% Evan

% in related style
75% Randi
75% Evan

Caitlin and Jason (Both Contemp)
25% Contemp/Jazz
25% Broadway/Ballet/World
25% Couple
25% Hip Hop

% in exact style
0% Caitlin
0 % Jason

% in related style
50% Caitlin
50% Jason

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Top 10 Style Results Snidget 07-11-09 1
 RE: Style Analysis qwertypie 07-12-09 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-09, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Top 10 Style Results"
Who has had most in their style/related style.

66.7% in related style (exact style)
Janette (33.3%)
Kayla (16.7%)
Kupono (33.3%)

50% in related style
Ade (16.7%)
Evan (16.7%)
Melissa (16.7%)
Randi (16.7%)
Jason (0%)

33.3% in related style
Jeanine (0%)

16.7% in related style
Brandon (0%)

Brandon looks really unpimped but he was with Janette who got a lot of couple work and Latin dances so I'm guessing he'll go up now they aren't stacking the deck so much for her.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-09, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Style Analysis"
Thanks for the breakdown
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •