The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 14 - Rank 'em!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-02-09, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 14 - Rank 'em!"
Here are your top 14. Who did you love? Once again, in order, with dance and song lifted straight from the Snidget and emydi show on the ECST:

Janette and Brandon - Cha cha (Hush Hush)

Kayla and Kupono - Contemporary (Eyes on Fire)

Randi and Evan - Broadway (Rich Man's Frug)

Caitlin and Jason - Pop Jazz (Creator)

Jeanine and Phillip - Hip Hop (Love Lockdown)

Melissa and Ade - Pas de Deux (Romeo and Juliet)

Karla and Vitolio - Quickstep (Puttin' on the Ritz)

I'll be back later with my rankings. I only really got to watch the last two couples last night without distractions. My daughter wanted to dance during all of the other couples so I had to oblige.

Tribe got my groove back

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em! emydi 07-02-09 1
   RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em! DoodleBug 07-02-09 4
 RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em! DoodleBug 07-02-09 2
 RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em! djandy 07-02-09 3
   RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em! SilverStar 07-02-09 7
       RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em! djandy 07-02-09 8
           RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em! CTgirl 07-02-09 10
 RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em! iatovttotx78 07-02-09 5
   RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em! KeithFan 07-03-09 11
 RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em! SilverStar 07-02-09 6
 RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em! Belle Book 07-02-09 9
 RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em! aethelstan 07-03-09 12
 Summary aethelstan 07-03-09 13
 Year to date summary. aethelstan 07-03-09 14
   RE: Year to date summary. Belle Book 07-03-09 15
   RE: Year to date summary. DoodleBug 07-06-09 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-02-09, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em!"
1. Melissa and Ade-that was beautiful. But how many times can they do classical ballet? If Ryan gets on show next time they better do a tap no. Also they have had a really easy time of it but this was a really great dance

2. Brandon and Janette-It started slow but I really liked this. Brandon is very good I think he is the most versatile in comp, with probably Ade as close 2nd.

3. Vitolio Karla-that quick change was great. I liked this QS alot but it won't save them.

4. Phillip Jeanine-I wish there was even more popping with Phillip and the chain was very distracting I want Phillip to get krumping with Lil C not another Nappy Tabs routine!

5. Evan Randi-I did not like this choreography and she was a bit harsh..but I think they are safe

6. Kayla Kupono-I didn't like this I thought Kupo should have been darker. Sonya is good but she tries too hard or something. Kayla is meh

7. Jason Caitlin --what is up with BFree...these are weird dances and Caitlin's costume was horrible. I don't think audience will support them with this. They really have gotten a raw deal with their dances for 4 weeks

Poppin' with tribey

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-09, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em!"
I want Phillip to get krumping with Lil C

Yes please!

07-02-09, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em!"
Kayla and Kupono - Contemporary (Eyes on Fire) I love me some Twilight and I loved loved loved LOVED this routine!!! FINALLY a routine I could just jump up and down about and rewatch and just be mesmorized by. Kayla makes Kupono dance better. Kayla is still awesome and #1 on my list.

Melissa and Ade - Pas de Deux (Romeo and Juliet) A very close second is this pair. It was so gorgeous and believable and made me tear up.

Janette and Brandon - Cha cha (Hush Hush) These two are great performers. Brandon is really crazy good. And Janette is wonderful in her own right. (I'm still waiting for Brandon and Kayla to dance together.)

Jeanine and Phillip - Hip Hop (Love Lockdown)very creative routine by NappyTabs. Loved the hard hitting from both of them.

Randi and Evan - Broadway (Rich Man's Frug) I wasn't really crazy about this routine. I'm not sure why. I think they gave it their all with what they were given.

Caitlin and Jason - Pop Jazz (Creator) this was strange, and usually I can go there, but maybe not this time. I thought Caitlin did better than Jason.

Karla and Vitolio - Quickstep (Puttin' on the Ritz) Very entertaining dance and I thought they did well - would have liked to have seen Randi and Evan dance it though. I know this was their first time paired together, but there should have been a little more chemistry there, right?

Tribe made me wave

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-02-09, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em!"
1.) Melissa & Ade - beautiful.
2.) Janette & Brandon - Brandon is very versatile.
3.) Jeanine & Phillip - another good HH routine from Nappy Tabs, but why does Phillip get half (2/4) of his routines in his own style? Too blatant.
4.) Kayla & Kupono - I liked her lines better than the choreography.
5.) Karla & Vitolio - loved the quick change in the quick step.
6.) Randi & Evan - boo to the choreographer. She had way too much attitude for the dreck she put out.
7.) Caitlin & Jason - boo to the choreographer again. Way too weird. Yes, C&J have had the hardest styles to date.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-09, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em!"
but why does Phillip get half (2/4) of his routines in his own style? Too blatant.

It's not just Phillip. This year seems to be all about giving people their own styles. A lot of the contemp/jazz dancers have gotten their style 2 or even 3 times!

Randi/Evan- Jazz, Contemp, Broadway
Kupono/Kayla- Jazz, Contemp
Melissa/Ade- Contemp, Jazz, Pas de duex

To me, Melissa and Ade are the ones who are being most blatantly coddled this year, not Phillip. Their only other dance was a rumba, which is the most contemporary-ish ballroom dance.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-02-09, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em!"
Yes, we complain how unfair it is that some people are getting their own style, but then that makes it a better show. I guess it's a balancing act. I remember raving about the 1st show this season, but I think was so good because most people had dances in at least one partner's style.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-09, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-02-09 AT 10:12 PM (EST)

I agree its a real balancing act. It seemed like things were really rigged this week, but I had to cut Nigel some slack with the way he announced that it was the first time classical ballet has been performed on SYTYCD. He was truly thrilled to be able to bring this form of dance to the viewing public, and I think this attitude is what what keeps SYTYCD from becoming as commercial as American Idol.

Also with so many people dancing within their comfort zone, the level of dancing is more even this year. So consequently the luck (good or bad) of who they draw as a choreographer is making a huge difference on who is in the bottom 3! Good dancing can't always overcome weird choreography if every one else is killing their routine.

Spotlighted by Tribe

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-02-09, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em!"

1. Phillip and Jeanine
2. Melissa and Ade
3. Janette and Brandon
4. Kayla and Kupono
5. Randi and Evan
6. Catlin and Jason
7. Karla and Vitolio

It was a really hard week for rankings. There weren't any really bad dances.

A Tribephyl routine

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-09, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em!"
I agree with you on #1. I think after seeing Jeanine's solo tonight I think she could even be considered a dark horse. Holy smokes is that girl strong!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-09, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em!"
Excellent show last night. I really enjoyed all the dances, I only had to mute Mary twice, and Mia didn't make me want to strangle her! Amazing!

The top 4 here are all really close. I had a hard time figuring out which ones I liked more, but I didn't want to put them in a 4-way tie, so...

1. Kayla/Kupono-- I knew this couple would be awesome together, and so far they have not disappointed. Kayla's legs and feet really are a thing of beauty. Excellent routine.

2. Randi/Evan-- What the what? Was this actually a Broadway routine that I loved? Will wonders never cease! Keep this Joey chick and make Tyce stick to the contemp/jazz, please. I don't know what the judges were talking about, because I thought Evan was awesome in this. Really sharp and crisp. He's fast becoming one of my favs and I like the partnership with Randi.

3. Jason/Caitlin-- I love wacky stuff. Jason was really good with the character of this dance, looking dazed like he was under Caitlin's spell, yet still scared. I wish I liked them as a couple, but I'd really love to see them dance with other people because I think they're both good dancers. They just don't click with each other for some reason. Loved this dance though.

4. Brandon/Janette-- I love Brandon. Love love love him. He was looking sexy last night! This was very fun, although I definitely don't think it was the best cha cha ever. Brandon could have used some more hip action- he seemed a little stiff, but his footwork was great. I like Janette, but I really don't ever focus on her. My eyes are always drawn to Brandon.

5. Phillip/Jeanine-- I agree with Mia that the chain, while a good concept, just proved to be a distraction. I kept waiting for them to trip. Once I watched it again and could just concentrate on the dancing, it was very good.

6. Melissa/Ade-- Very pretty dance, but it didn't move me in any way. And I just can't get past the fact that this couple has not really been challenged yet. We've had ballerinas on the show before and they sure as heck never got to perform a technical ballet piece. I'm still meh about Ade. He bugs me for some reason.

7. Karla/Vitolio-- I like the Quickstep, but I wasn't too impressed with this one. Yes, it was very cool how Karla's dress transformed, but that was the most exciting part of the routine. It wasn't bad, but I was hoping for more from them.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-02-09, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em!"
1. Melissa & Ade -- I love ballet! So I loved this dance! Great job!

2. Janette & Brandon -- really good cha-cha! It's Janette's specialty but Brandon held his own.

3. Karla & Vitolio -- wow! The first quickstep with two non-ballroom dancers that was actually fine! Good job!

4. Jeanine & Philip -- good job. Could've been better, but it could've been worse.

5. Randi & Evan -- I like Broadway, but this wasn't the best dance there, so I have to put you this low.

6. Caitlin & Jason -- liked the dance, but it was a little weird. And it won't save them from the Bottom 3.

7. Kayla & Kupono -- a really weird dance for me! I have to put it at the bottom as a result.

Belle Book

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-09, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top 14 - Rank 'em!"
This was a very even week for me. It is tough to rank them as they were all pretty good. I'm going to rank them by how many times I went "wow" during the performance. There are a lot of virtual ties.

1. Melissa and Ade. This goes here because of the part where Ade carried Melissa for about 10 or 15 seconds before putting her back down (it seemed long to me!)

2. Karla and Vitolio. Possibly the most enjoyable quick step routine I have seen. The concept (I laughed at the end)/costumes/choreography were all great. It's too bad that these two were thrown under the bus and given the QS despite many others getting their genre. We never got to see Vitolio do an emotional contemporary piece.

3. Randi and Evan. I liked this quite a bit. I don't know what the judges were talking about.

4. Brandon and Jeanette. I'm kind of surprised I'm putting this as low as I am but it's so close. Brandon is showing to be one of the most versatile dancers in the comp. He still hasn't done his genre.

5. Cailtin and Jason. I liked this enough. Jason really conveyed the 'holy carp what is she going to do to me' well. This is the closest they've come to their own genre but they are also being thrown under the bus a lot.

6. Jeanine and Philip. The chain was distracting. You can tell that the choreography changed from the initial concept as they spent a lot more time holding the chain (safer) during the dance than the rehearsal. I fear that Philip is too much of a one-trick pony to be long for this competition. And isn't this their second NappyTabs routine in 4 weeks?

7. Kayla and Kupono. Technically great but I didn't think it was Sonya's best work.

Special mention: I liked last night's group routine. I was surprised to find out that it was a Tyce routine.

07-03-09, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Summary"
Summary of rankings based on 7 submissions:

I think this just shows how close it really was this past week. Everyone was in someone's top 3. It may also be why the group dances seem to be so good this year.

Rank. Girl.Guy.Avg Pts.Lowest Ranking. Highest.
1 Melissa Ade 2.00 6 1
2 Janette Brandon 2.86 4 2
3 Jeanine Philip 3.86 6 1
4 Kayla Kupono 4.29 7 1
5 Randi Evan 4.43 6 2
6 Karla Vitolio 4.86 7 2
7 Caitlin Jason 5.71 7 3

07-03-09, 02:27 PM (EST)
14. "Year to date summary."
This summary takes the ordinal rank that we have given every week and adds them up. For example, Melissa and Ade both get a 1 for this week while Jeanette and Brandon both get a 2.

I still kept Asuka and Jonathan from last week.

Rank Name Average Lowest Highest
1 Melissa 1.75 2 1
1 Ade 1.75 2 1
3 Janette 3.25 7 1
3 Brandon 3.25 7 1
5 Kayla 3.50 5 1
6 Randi 3.75 5 3
6 Evan 3.75 5 3
8 Kupono 5.25 9 4
9 Jeanine 5.50 8 3
9 Philip 5.50 8 3
11 Vitolio 6.00 10 1
11 Asuka 6.00 10 1
13 Caitlin 6.25 7 5
13 Jason 6.25 7 5
15 Karla 7.00 8 6
16 Jonathan 7.33 8 6

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-03-09, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Year to date summary."
Well, I'm glad Asuka wouldn't have been in last place among the Top 16.

07-06-09, 10:56 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Year to date summary."
Not surprised by this at all. I quite agree with it, actually. I want to see Melissa and Ade be challenged a bit more though. They need a hip hop or Broadway routine this week.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •