The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 16 Rank em "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-25-09, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 16 Rank em "
1. Brandette-HH-WOW Brandon was amazing in this. I have been waiting for a good HH and this was it

2. Evandi-Cont-Mia is a great choreo. I loved them in this. They have been getting an easy ride tho

3. Adissa-Rumba-she looked great and he was a rock. they also have had it easy

4. Philline-Broadway-I liked this more than the judges. Phillip dancing with his A$$ hanging out....

5. Jalin-PD-for a PD it was good. They have had the hardest row to hoe thus far. They could be in B3 but the jidges will save them

6. Kaypono-VW-I didn't think this was as great as the jidges thought. In my notes I said "meh". I liked the mint green on Kayla

7. Vituka-Jazz-this was good but forgettable, but I think the jidges will save them again

8. Karlathan-HH-omh that was bad...Jonathan should have gone week 1 better yet, Ricky should have had his spot in T20

If I could have picked which couples got which dances...

Evandi would have had the Broadway routine

Jalin would have had the Contemporary routine

Brandette would have had the PD routine

Philline would have had the 2nd HH routine

Adissa would have had the VW routine

Kaypono would have had the 1st HH routine

Karlathan would have had the Jazz routine

Vituka would have had the Rumba routine

Poppin' with tribey

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 16 Rank em DoodleBug 06-25-09 1
 RE: Top 16 Rank em aethelstan 06-25-09 2
   RE: Top 16 Rank em emydi 06-25-09 3
       RE: Top 16 Rank em aethelstan 06-25-09 4
           RE: Top 16 Rank em DoodleBug 06-25-09 7
 RE: Top 16 Rank em iatovttotx78 06-25-09 5
   RE: Top 16 Rank em SilverStar 06-25-09 11
 RE: Top 16 Rank em frodis 06-25-09 6
 RE: Top 16 Rank em djandy 06-25-09 8
 RE: Top 16 Rank em citywitch 06-25-09 9
 RE: Top 16 Rank em SilverStar 06-25-09 10
 Summary aethelstan 06-26-09 12
   RE: Summary DoodleBug 06-26-09 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-09, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 16 Rank em "
1. Melissa-Ade - Smokin' hot and drop-dead gorgeous. Yes, I'm talking about Ade. And Melissa was workin' it too. Best of the night for me.

2. Randi-Evan - I love love love Mia's choreo and they executed so well. The performance was what drew me in. I kept thinking of Adam Lambert through the whole thing... that's weird you say? But it was Adam's performing that drew me in week after week - made any song worth listening to - same goes for their dancing.

3. Janette/Brandon - Dude. You can pop and lock and hit those moves! Yowser!

4. Kayla/Kupono - they go here only because Kayla is gorgeous. I don't care about the jidges pumping her up - she IS a beautiful dancer and I love her. Pono was just there.

5. Jeanine/Philip - I'm liking Jeanine more and more each week. She reminds me of Courtney from last year. Not really expected to win, but will most likely grow the most each week. Philip needs to step up his game. The ripped pants were hilarious.

6. Caitlin/Jason - I wanted to love this more than I did. I said this in the ECT - put the dance on mute and it just doesn't deliver. I thought Caitlin's hair and outfit were distracting. They were not fierce enough for me.

7. Asuka/Vitolio - They did not hit the moves hard enough on the beats. I was expecting more. I do love Vitolio. He needs a new partner.

8. Karla/Jonathan - Karla was fun to watch but Jon was bringing her down. She would have been challenged more if Philip or even Brandon had been dancing with her. Jon needs to go.

Tribe made me wave

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-25-09, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 16 Rank em "
LAST EDITED ON 06-25-09 AT 12:14 PM (EST)

1. Brandette - I thought this was the best routine of the night. I was very impressed by Brandon's popping and Jeanette held her own in that too. I do find Brandon's celebratory dance when he gets a good comment to be annoying though. And while he seems to be always smiling (like he's not taking something seriously enough), he does get into character really well. In, Mia's group number last week, he was one of the front three initially which jumped off stage and he was totally in character.

2. Evandi - An interesting routine. I was a little iffy on the choreography (butt? seriously! - the girl's married!) but they danced it very well make a great couple and have some of the best chemistry this year.

3. Kaypono - Well, there really isn't much to fault with this dance. It was a lovely choreography. They even danced a couple of near basics in the middle with a nice rise and fall. One just has to wonder whether it will translate into votes.

4. Adissa - Even before Nigel said his pun I thought that if Melissa changed her name to Forever, they'd be Forever & Ade. My spouse and I thought it was good but they seemed to spend all their time posturing and not dancing. They never danced in the closed position all dance.

Next three are about the same

5. Vituka - It was ok but not spectacular.

6. Phinine - My spouse thought she looked a bit like Veronica but I think there's someone else. I wasn't fond of her outfit. She totally outdanced him though but it wasn't surprising in this genre. It was still a fun routine.

7. Jailin - Had some moments. He channeled his inner gladiator but the dance left me feeling meh.

gap

8. Karlathan - She was ok in this but he just needs to go.

If I'm not mistaken, Evandi and Adissa are the only couples who haven't had hip hop. Next week for them? Could be, um, interesting unless they each get lyrical hip hop with NappyTabs.

Forged by Rolls

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-09, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 16 Rank em "
LAST EDITED ON 06-25-09 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

No Vituka and Kayla hasn't had hh

I think they will give HH to Evandi and Adissa next week though

stan here's a nice graph

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_You_Think_You_Can_Dance_(season_5)

06-25-09, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 16 Rank em "
Right, thanks. I knew Kayla hadn't yet and is unlikely to get another for a while but I had forgotten about Vituka.

Vituka, Evandi, Adissa hip hops? These could be train wrecks waiting to happen with the possible exception of Ade who showed good stuff in the Shane Sparks routine. Come to think of it, Vitolio did well in that, too.

06-25-09, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 16 Rank em "
I think Evan and Asuka will struggle the most with HH. We'll find out tonight because the group dance is from NappyTabs.

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-25-09, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 16 Rank em "
1. Melissa and Ade. I love them every week.
2. Kayla & Kupono . I thought this was absolutely beautiful.
3. Brandon & Janette. Wow. I was surprised by Brandon's performance.
4. Randi & Evan - Great. I wish they had been doing the Broadway routine.

Another time the top 4 might have been ordered differently. I thought those 4 acts were all phenomenal so it was hard to rank them. I gave Melissa & Ade #1 because I'm used to seeing them in that spot of my rankings. Kayla and Kupono earned number 2 because I don't generally like Kupono (other than his good looks) and I was really impressed by them last night. Brandon and Janette got number 3 because I was pleasantly surprised by Brandon's hip hop. Which left Randi and Evan to take number 4.

5.Jason & Caitlin
6. Vitolio & Asuka- I don't remember this dance, so I must assume it was nothing special.
7. Phillip & Jeanine- Not great. Made worse by the song. Singin in the Rain is my favorite movie and Moses Supposes is my favorite dance in that movie. So it was hard for me to hear the song and not see Gene Kelly and Donald O'Conner. Its not fair to compare the two dances, but I couldn't help it. Kudos though for dancing with your ##### hanging out of your pants, Philip.
8.Jonathan & Karla- Another bad hip-hop routine.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I don't mean to be whinny or to imply that you shouldn't do it, but I'm so tired of the blended name trend. It was cute at first (back in the days of Bennifer I), and I even liked Twitchington. But its so over done. And it confuses me.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-09, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top 16 Rank em "
I agree with you, Tim. I don't mind a blended name every once in a while if it's cute or clever, but I find the need to blend every single couple's name odd and it is very confusing. I don't enjoy reading posts where I have to stop and say "wait, who the heck is 'Adissa'?" But of course people are free to do whatever they want and if it bothers me enough, I just stop reading them.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-09, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 16 Rank em "
1. Randi and Evan This was such a silly routine and I bought it. He continues to surprise me. I guess I should know by now that he's more versatile than I give him credit for, but still, every week, it surprises that he's able to fit into the style that he's given.

2.Kayla and Kupono I really liked this. There were a few spots where I thought that Kupono was a little out of step, but just a little. Kayla is so. . . bright. With the hair and her really fair skin she really stands out. I think Kupono is very graceful.

3.Melissa and Ade I didn't love this as much as the judges did, but I do think it was well done. I'm not a big fan of the rhumba to begin with so take that for what it's worth. She's gorgeous. He is, too.

4.Brandon and Janette He surprised me with how well he did the hip hop moves. I told Mr. Fro that Janette needs to close her mouth. She looks really awful with her mouth hanging open all of the time. I know she was trying to do a character thing but it was ugly.

5.Phillip and Janine I love Singin' in the Rain so I really wanted this to be great. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful.

6.Kaitlin and Jason I don't think he really "got" the character of the Paso Doble. She got it more than he did. Her hair and makeup were not pretty.

7.Asuka and Vitolio I really did not like this, at all. To be fair to them, though, I think they got stuck with awful choreography. Sorry, Mandy, but WTF was that mess? Asuka walked around, struck a pose, walked around some more. . . and I have no idea what Vitolio was doing. Was he even there? Yuck yuck blah.

8.Jonathan and Karla Forgettable. Which is worse than yuck yuck blah.

Tribe got my groove back

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-25-09, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 16 Rank em "
LAST EDITED ON 06-25-09 AT 03:13 PM (EST)

1.) Jeanette & Brandon - Brandon (and Jeanette) are looking to be very versatile.
2.) Melissa & Ade - her lines looked nice in this style.
3.) Jeanine & Phillip - liked the jump over the couch.
4.) Randi & Evan - Ranked so low because the choreography was too weird for me, but they danced it well.

gap

5.) Caitlin & Jason - I love Paso's, so it's ranked higher than the VW even if they weren't as dramatic as it should have been.
6.) Kayla & Kupono - Didn't do as well as Kherington & Twitch last year. Kayla's feet got stuck on several turns, and she had to hop a bit to keep turning -- it just wasn't as smooth as a VW should be.
7.) Asuka & Vitolio - not nearly as hard hitting and sharp as it should have been.
8.) Karla & Jonathan - not in synch and not as hard hitting as it should have been. I'm guessing both of them are gone tonight.

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-25-09, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 16 Rank em "
1) Brandon/Jeanette - hands down, best routine of the night. They BOTH brought it - loved it!

2) Jason/Caitlin - yep, that's right. Next most entertaining. I don't mind if it was the music that made it what it was, it made it extremely enjoyable.

3) Kupono/Kayla - this was beuatifully done. Seemed smooth & effortless by both.

4) Ade/Melissa - great dancing, this week her outfit distracted me - showed too much sinewy muscle or something.

5) Evan/Randi - ok

6) Vitolio/Asuka - meh, distracted by the weird count/timing

7) Phillip/Jeanine - not terrible for a Tyce Broadway routine, which is the most I can say

8) Jonathan/Karla - just awful

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-09, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top 16 Rank em "
1. Brandon/Janette-- Yes! This was awesome! I agree Emy, finally a good hip hop. I was actually expecting Brandon to be great at this because I saw just a glimpse of him doing the HH routine during Vegas and he was bringin' it! He didn't disappoint. I love him. I think Janette was good, too, but this dance was all about Brandon for me. I couldn't take my eyes off him. Wonder what Lil C thought about it.

2. Melissa/Ade-- I usually like the rumbas on this show and this one was no exception. Melissa is impressing me every week. I'm dreading the day that she gets hip hop, but I'm loving her for now. I think Ade needed a little bit more passion in his performance and that would have made the dance just that much better, but it was still great.

3. Kayla/Kupono-- Lovely. Flowing. Graceful. This was just a beautiful dance. I'm not crazy about the lack of shoes for a ballroom dance, but I can deal with it. I love Kupono and Kayla and I was really looking forward to seeing them dance together. I just hope the judges will eventually tone down the 'Kayla is the most perfect thing ever to breathe on earth' thing so that I'm not forced to start despising her.

4. Evan/Randi-- I like this more and more with each viewing. I wasn't so sure at first because I was a little uncomfortable with the "story" of the dance. I felt bad for Randi because I think she was embarrassed. Also, I hated Evan's outfit, butt (ha! I actually didn't mean to type that.) the dancing was really good. I really like this couple.

5. Phillip/Jeanine-- I also felt bad for Phillip and his ripped pants. A little too much humiliation going on last night for my enjoyment. But hey, this was a broadway rountine and I didn't hate it! That has to mean that they danced it well because I know it's not Tyce's choreography that made it bearable. Not great, but good, especially considering I usually can't stand the broadway routines.

6. Vitolio/Asuka-- I liked this well enough. I could probably swap this with Phillip/Jeanine's placement, but I like P/J more. I have still not been impressed with anything Vitolio has done, though it was very sweet the way he supported Asuka this week. I admit, I "awwwwed" out loud, too.

7. Jason/Caitlin-- Meh. Not powerful enough and I don't sense any connection between them. I would not be sad to see either of them leave.

8. Jonathan/Karla-- That was pretty bad. Karla was loads better than Jon, but not enough to save the routine.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

06-26-09, 09:52 AM (EST)
12. "Summary"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-09 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

Watched last night with my kids (6 1/2 and 4 1/2 - the 1 1/2 y.o. just played around). My daughter, the eldest, loves Kayla and all her routines and likes the ballerina (she loved Ali in SYTYCD-Canada). She does not like 'mushy' love routines like last week's contemporary with Karla and Jonathan. Her least favourite from last night were both hip hop numbers.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that Ade can't do the splits or come anywhere close? You see it twice in the rumba. At least, we finally found one thing he can't do. It may be the only thing...

With 8 entries here are the average ranks, etc. Everyone put Jon and Karla last. And once again we got the bottom three.

Rank, Names, Avg Score, Lowest Rank, Highest Rank

1 Janette Brandon 1.88 4 1
2 Melissa Ade 2.50 4 1
3 Randi Evan 3.00 5 1
4 Kayla Kupono 3.63 6 2
5 Jeanine Philip 5.25 7 3
6 Caitlin Jason 5.38 7 2
7 Asuka Vitolio 6.38 7 5
8 Karla Jonathan 8.00 8 8

Made by Syren

06-26-09, 02:50 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Summary"
Very nice summary. Glad to see everyone pretty much agreed. America and the judges got it right last night.

I think the girls are much stronger dancers as a whole compared to the guys. Me thinks a female might win this year.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •