The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My thoughts on SYTYCD Canada"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-06-09, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My thoughts on SYTYCD Canada"
I was trying to remember the different routines from week to week just from memory and I remembered very few so I am doing this with the aid of Wikipedia (the link in byoffer's thread). I wish I could watch them all again to do this but that isn’t possible right now. So…

Week 1
I remember re-watching Lisa and Vincent’s Stacey Tookey “Slow Me Down” routine and falling in love with them immediately. I thought they were brilliant. I wish I could watch it now.

I was so happy to see Blake on my television again. He’s so wonderful.

Oh! I remember the “Shake It” Disco routine from Lara and Miles. That was fun! I think that’s mostly due to the song though. (I immediately put that and “Slow Me Down” on my ryPod.)

Week 2
Nico and Arassay’s “Somebody to Love” theatre routine was pretty great-eesh. I don’t think I’m as in love with it as everybody else but it was among my favorites from the season.

Francis and Natalli’s Paso was really quite enjoyable for me. So much pretty.

Joey and Tamina’s “Crocodile Rock” was unfortunate. I hope somebody gave Becker some crap over that one.

Week 3
Blake McGrath is a genius. Nico and Arassay’s contemporary routine was gorgeous. It was sexy and passionate and everything I love to see in contemporary routines.

Vincent and Lisa’s Cheesman African Jazz routine was absolutely gorgeous. I loved it.

Week 4
Have I mentioned that Blake is a genius? Izaak and Kaitlyn’s jazz-funk was so fun. And sexy. Blake makes everything sexy.

In reading through the routines from week four, I honestly don’t remember any of the others.

Week 5
Sho-Tyme’s House routine for Lisa and Vincent was fun. Those two can do anything and do it well.

And Becker redeemed himself with “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World” routine for Nico and Arassay. Gorgeous.

Blake's group routine was amazing.

Week 6
I don’t remember any of these. I wish I could remember Arassay and Vincent’s disco.

Week 7
I’d been waiting to see Lisa and Nico together. Knowing they had to break up my two favorite couples, it was the least they could do. And then they gave me Blake jazz-funk choreography too! Have I mentioned that Blake makes everything sexy? Not that these two need any help in that department. Wow! I hate that song but it didn’t matter. That was great.
T.I.’s “Whatever You Like” is still going through my head. I just wish I could remember that routine better.

Benji’s Lindy Hop was weird but Izaak and Arassay made it fun to watch. Arassay was an animal.
Their Tango was good too. I couldn’t take my eyes off of Arassay. She IS a beast!

The Vincent and Natalli Krump was, well it was Lil’ C so it was “buck”. Vincent can do anything!
Their Tookey contemporary was gorgeous. It ranks up there with my favorites of the season.

Arassay and Vincent eliminated?!?! Really? Really? This is when I found out I had grown attached to somebody else besides Blake while watching this. It broke my heart to see Vincent eliminated. It never occurred to me that he wouldn’t make final four. He is brilliant. And Arassay? is magic. So I guess I learned that Canada gets it wrong too. *sniff*

Week 8
“The Face” was gorgeous. The sexy was there but this one was more emotional. Beautiful. I’d have liked to have seen Lisa do this one with somebody a little more… more. Somebody like Blake or Danny (Tidwell, that is)… or Vincent.

Nico and Natalli are way too hot together. Jeez. The stage should have melted. Their Disco was really good. Finally those people who didn’t watch Blake do Disco during SYTYCD Season one have a really fun Disco to remember.

Nico’s “Reckoner” solo was so, so pretty. I just… wow. Thank you, Nico. I loved all his solos but this one stands out to me the most because of the song… well and because he was all wet.

So.

My absolute favorite this year was… hmmm… it’s hard to pick between Vincent and Lisa but it’s one of those two. Arassay, Nico and Natalli rounded out my top five. Miles probably would rank sixth (maybe seventh) and I don’t think Allie makes my top ten. I honestly don’t remember any of her routines except the “Permanent” contemporary with Nico (which was very pretty). It was pretty fortunate for me during the first half of the top 20 because my top four were coupled. When Nico/Arassay and Vincent/Lisa were separated, it only solidified all of the reasons they were my favorites. They made every routine they did look good and looked great doing it. They took every style and conquered it like professionals. Extremely talented, well-rounded professionals. No doubt one of these four should have won. I wouldn't have been, and wasn't, totally shocked to see Natalli edge them out but nobody else deserved to in my eyes.

Overall, this was a refreshing watch for me. First and foremost, and the reason it captured me in the first place was because of my love for Blake. Second because it reassured me that I am not all about feeding my eyes the candy. Three of my top five favorites were female. (Of course, one was a beautiful, beautiful, charismatic, charming, talented, beautiful man, but that’s to be expected. I am human.) I don’t think I have favored girls on this show since season two so it was like a revelation for me. I can breathe a big sigh of relief, knowing that I’m more than just shallow. Or at least I was while watching this show.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Ahem byoffer 01-06-09 1
   RE: Ahem Glow 01-07-09 2
 Anyone going to the show? qwertypie 01-11-09 3
   RE: Anyone going to the show? nobody 01-14-09 4
       RE: Anyone going to the show? trigirl 01-15-09 5
           RE: Anyone going to the show? MKitty 01-21-09 6
               RE: Anyone going to the show? nobody 02-02-09 7
                   RE: Anyone going to the show? qwertypie 02-03-09 8
                       RE: Anyone going to the show? trigirl 02-03-09 9
                           RE: Anyone going to the show? nobody 02-06-09 10
                               RE: Anyone going to the show? byoffer 02-06-09 11
                               RE: Anyone going to the show? Glow 02-10-09 12
 My Comments - London Show trigirl 02-19-09 13
   RE: My Comments - London Show trigirl 02-19-09 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-09, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Ahem"
You forgot to mention how lovely Lara Smythe was. Very good dancer, great attitude, and very very cute. Maybe you were distracted away from seeing her by Miles' abs?

Sadly she didn't quite make the top 10, so I don't need to get tix for the tour.

Maybe you can post more pictures of her for me though?

I have to agree with your rankings. I think Lisa and Vincent were the best dancers. And though I didn't like her, Natalli could do anything on the dance floor. Unfortunately it is another voting show, so the decision is favourite dancer. Allie can really dance, but got that far because of her likeability. Nico had the best combination of both.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-07-09, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ahem"
Keep an eye on the alternates. She could join the tour. I haven't checked on those yet.

These are all I could come up with so far.

"Unfortunately it is another voting show, so the decision is favourite dancer."

My favourites are usually the best.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-09, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Anyone going to the show?"
We got supernosebleed tickets for Feb 2.

nobody 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-14-09, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nobody Click to send private message to nobody Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anyone going to the show?"
5th row floor for Feb 5th. anyone else going?

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-15-09, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Anyone going to the show?"
8th row floor Feb 18th. Can't wait!

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-09, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Anyone going to the show?"
Okay, everyone..you all MUST come back to this site and describe the concerts so I can live through them vicariously. Thank you in advance!!!

Tribe manga'd my mug

02-02-09, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nobody Click to send private message to nobody Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Anyone going to the show?"
I'll try. anyone know how long the show is going to be? just having fun with some logistics for thursday.

now i'm getting excited.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-09, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Anyone going to the show?"
About 2 hours with intermission.

Write more later.

02-03-09, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Anyone going to the show?"
Come On Qwertypie.....I have been waiting all day?!?!

bouncey by Ice

02-06-09, 01:49 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Anyone going to the show?"
wow and wow. no lara or alternate dancers. just the top 10. all did their best solos as well as numbers from the show. a few were changed up and a fab encore with all 10.

we had great seats and my daughter brought a camera! she took a lot of pictures, some of each and every routine. she's upstairs loading to facebook now. i uploaded from my blackberry directly from the floor. most i deleted because there was a spotlight whiting everyone out. but do i have the shot of nico and arrassy in the final number before the encore.

i'll move them over tomorrow to a site i can post here. unless you want to be my facebook friend. i'll be swiping my daughter's pics in the morning as well. at least one from each number and i can remember all of them easier.

"find me somebody to love, find me somebody to love..."

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-09, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Anyone going to the show?"
no lara

*sigh*

So I guess the show is no good.

02-10-09, 07:52 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Anyone going to the show?"
*taps fingers on desk*

02-19-09, 07:26 AM (EST)
13. "My Comments - London Show"
<cue Mary Martin> Waaahaaaaaaaa! <cut Mary>

It was great! I didn't take my camera because I thought they would not allow flash photography. Everyone and their brother had their cameras! I took some with my cell phone I will see if they turned out.

Biggest Surprises of the Night:

- Allie is incredibly sexy. She was the hottest girl on the stage. Her costumes were hot and she had this crazy curly hair. She seemed hotter than Natalli if you can believe that!

- Izaak blew me away. You all know that I was a major Izaak hater....but he has improved soooo much. Plus, he has major stage presence. I was very, very pleasantly surprised.

- Vincent was even better live than he was on the show. Really and truly a gifted dancer.

- The group numbers are amazing!!!! I don't know if it is the wonky camera work or what, but when you see them live and realize how much is going on, the group numbers blow you away!

Going to get the kiddos ready for school....will write more later.

bouncey by Ice

02-19-09, 07:56 PM (EST)
14. "RE: My Comments - London Show"
I'm back with some more comments.

Great show. I had great seats so that really helped.

Vincent and Arassay did a disco but it wasn't the "Hot and Cold" Katy Perry one they did on the show. Apparently it was the same choreographed routine as the one that Nico and Natalli did. I have no idea why, but it was not that good. I wonder if it was a song licensing thing.

All of the costumes were different. Not sure why, but I didn't like the ones on tour nearly as much as the ones for the show. They didn't seem very exciting. Maybe because the have to get ready so quickly on a live show they can't be fussing about with hair, make-up and wardrobe the way they do for the tv show.

The dancers did all the introduction between dances. Strangely enough Vincent seemed the most natural. The french guy...go figure. Lisa was also very good. Most of the others sounded like they were reading off of cue cards.

Any comments from others who have seen the show?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •