The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-22-08, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread "
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-08 AT 10:24 PM (EST)

filler....filler....filler....filler...- filler....filler....filler....filler....filler....filler....filler....filler....filler....filler....filler....

Another great show.

Couple 1 - Lara and Miles doing Krump
I thought it was very good. Tough number, especially for her, but she is very good. I will lay some towels down for you ladies to comment on Miles abs.

Couple 2 - Kaitlyn and Izaak doing Cha Cha (choreo by Benji Schwimmer)
It was only okay for me. These two just don't connect enough.

Couple 3 - Lisa and Vincent doing Afro-something
Wow. That was really cool. These two work really well together with lots of emotion.

Couple 4 - Tamina and Joey doing Hip Hop (choreo by Luther)
This didn't work for me. Maybe it is her style, but I didn't like it. Maybe I just don't like her. He seemed to be trying, but way out of his comfort zone.

Couple 5 - Natali and Francis doing the Rumba
This was okay for me. I am not as huge a fan of hers as the first judge was.

Couple 6 - Allie and Danny doing quick step
Good work on a tough number. He is too small to be a mighty partner, but he is very good. Their footwork seemed excellent.

Couple 7 - Arasay and Nico doing modern number (choreo by Blake)
Once again this is my favourite couple. I'm not sure how they will do on something like quickstep, but I really enjoy them on these numbers. Huge passion.

Couple 8 - Caroline and Jesse doing Rock & Roll
Ugh. That didn't work for me at all. They really didn't seem to be working together. Was that the dancers or the choreo? I wasn't even digging her outfit. I thought he could have gone home last week, but expect it this week.

My bottom 3 - couple 8, 4 and 2.
My boots - Jesse and Tamina

Your turn.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... qwertypie 10-23-08 1
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... byoffer 10-23-08 2
       RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... qwertypie 10-23-08 5
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... MKitty 10-23-08 3
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... byoffer 10-23-08 4
       RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... MKitty 10-24-08 8
 NOTE TO LEAH MILLER: qwertypie 10-24-08 6
   RE: NOTE TO LEAH MILLER: MKitty 10-24-08 9
 Results byoffer 10-24-08 7
   RE: Results MKitty 10-24-08 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-08, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread "
Ditto.
*twilight zone music*
Freakishly ditto.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-23-08, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread "
That's it?? C'mon, I expect something more descriptive from our local expert.

Even just a costume analysis??

10-23-08, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread "
I thought the cha-cha was weak. It was danced very up in the air rather than grounded (don't know if that makes sense, but that is the best I can describe it). Maybe the problem was her shoes, they didn't seem to be ballroom shoes -- that can really impact your balance and ability to move.
Every step has to be strong and deliberate, it seems she wasn't fully committing them.
And the rumba felt very technical. I didn't feel the connection between them. Rumba should ooze sensuality.

LOVED the African jazz. Lisa and Vicent are so well matched and world class. I was sorry the music ended. I do wonder how "random" the dance choices are tho'

But I really, really, really appreciate wardrobe's cost-cutting measures for the men. I am sure they are saving a fortune on buttons and shirts (Mr. Qwerty, however, is getting tired of my slack-jawed drooling)

And they should have a timer for Dre's comments. I appreciate when she gives constructive critiques but don't want to go on the journey with her. I guess they had to fill the 2 hours some how.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-23-08, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread "
***pssst**** it's week THREE!

Okay, moving on...(kinda freakishly ditto too, but will elaborate)

wow. What a show! I am still drooling over Mile's abs. HOLY CRAP..he had a freakin' 12 pack!! I thought they did a great job.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Nico and Arrasay. He is so damn hot. Man, I tell you, our Canadian boys are the hottest damn things on the planet. US gals...if only you could see what you are missing on our SYTYCD.

Caitlyn and Issak. I want him to do well, but he just is not bringing it hard enough. How on earth can he compete with guys like Nico, Francis and Vincent (gee, think I have a thing for french men!!)

Allie and Danny. Damn they are cute. I just want to eat them up. I want to see him do something passionate and not just tricky or cute. I like them.

Natali and Francis. LOVE them. God, this competition is killing me as I love so many of the couples. Sigh. I want to see them do a passionate contemporary...as that is what usually does it for me (as my preferred form of dance)

Caroline and Jesse: just okay for me. I so think he is probably packing tonight, as his days are numbers. I really think he is a wonderful talented breaker, but he doesn't seem to be translating to everything else that well. I think Caroline is pretty good...

Tamino and JOey.: I thought this was really good. They are usually one of my least favourite couples, but I thought they really brought it for this number. I liked it.

Now, for my biggest shout out. Jean Marc..you are the best..I love you. I must have said "gawd I love that man" about five times last night. He is eloquant and makes everyone feel wonderful. I love him!!

"Tyko-ized" by Agman

10-23-08, 02:12 PM (EST)
4. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread "
Aw crap, and I can't change the Subject line now. Sorry about that.

I love Jean Marc also. He is as passionate about the dances as we expect from the dancers.

And despite comments to the contrary, his english is pretty darn good, for a second language. What makes me laugh, though, is the way he muddles metaphors. I am going to say that isn't a language thing, but rather something someone of any language can do.

Here's the 12-pack (just to rub it in for those who can't see )

And since I am digging through pics, here is Nico almost losing his pants to Arassay...

10-24-08, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread "
*wipes drool off keyboard*..yes...that is what I am talking about!! WOOOOOOO (oh gee, I think I just channeled Mary Murphy!)

Spooked by Agman

10-24-08, 00:58 AM (EST)
6. "NOTE TO LEAH MILLER:"
That fake "you're in our bottom 3-PSYCH!" bit is wearing very, very, very thin. I would rather you not do it at all, but if you have to, limit yourself to once a show.

10-24-08, 07:37 PM (EST)
9. "RE: NOTE TO LEAH MILLER:"
So with you there. WTF? did somebody tell her to play with their minds..to do it to excess? Heck, I even hate that they do it at all, stooping to the reality tv usual...they should be above that!! ARGHGHGH.

Spooked by Agman

10-24-08, 02:16 PM (EST)
7. "Results"
Bottom 3 couples were:
Tamina and Joey
Natali and Francis
Kaitlyn and Izaak

Tamina and Joey go home.

Tamina was my girl pick to go, and Joey was my reserve guy pick. But I am not necessarily happy about him actually going, and here's why. For the second (of three) weeks the dancers going home danced as a couple. To me this screams out that the problem might have been one of them and that hurts the other. These two danced hip hop, which was Tamina's forte. And yet she was in the bottom 3? So how can they also blame Joey when he was dancing outside his natural style for not connecting with Tamina when she was obviously not doing a good job. Last week I really though Romina got robbed by her partner.

Oh well. That is the game. Anyone think that there is regional voting happening here like happens on Canadian Idol? I actually think not, as differently than CI this show has many Quebec and Ontario dancers surviving (they are not usually well supported on CI). Hurray for SYTYCD-C!

10-24-08, 07:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Results"
I thought for sure that it would be Issak, so I was kind of surprised about Joey. I don't exactly mind that it was Joey, but it could have easily been Issak.

Tamina on the other hand..it had to be here.

And yes, I feel bad for those good dancers given weak partners. they can only survive the bottom three so many weeks! No love loss for Tamina to leave..but I am still choked about Romina. And..how the heck to Jesse and Caroline not end up in the bottom three and Francis and Natali did?? That was just wrong!!!

Guess what..I actually got through a voted this time..first time evah..so I am no longer a "voting by phone" contest virgin!! I voted about ten times and had no problem getting through. The first week I tried about 20 times and gave up!

Spooked by Agman

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •