The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-15-08, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-08 AT 07:00 AM (EST)

filler....filler....filler....filler....filler....filler....filler....
filler....filler....filler....filler....filler....

Holy crap, we are on the 7th couple and they are all doing awesome. I didn't care for the dance hall number, and the toy soldier didn't work for me, but the rest have been very very good!

Lovin' me some Lara, Allie was smokin', and Arassay and her partner had the fire up hot hot hot!.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... byoffer 10-15-08 1
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... MKitty 10-15-08 2
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... qwertypie 10-16-08 3
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... byoffer 10-16-08 4
       RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... qwertypie 10-16-08 7
       RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... MKitty 10-16-08 9
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... trigirl 10-16-08 5
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... qwertypie 10-16-08 6
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... MKitty 10-16-08 8
   Eetch! byoffer 10-16-08 10
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... Glow 10-16-08 11
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performa... aethelstan 10-16-08 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-15-08, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread"
wow, did things fall apart the last few couples. I think Romina is very good, but Dario just can't cut it. He screwed up all the timing and that hurt them both. If I read the judges comments, then they feel this couple will be dancing for their lives but Romina (the fighter) will dance for her life and survive. The can keep hyping Dario as a guy who defies classification, but at the end of the day this show is about couple dancing.

my bottom 3:
- Kaitliyn and Isaak
- Romina and Dario
- Tamina and Joey

going home should be Dario (could be Joey) and Tamina.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-15-08, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread"
okay, cannot look at this yet..it just came on here! I'll be back in the morning to give my thoughts after as everyone else will be in bed by the time we finish it here in BC! Just wanted to say "hey"...and let you know i'll be back later! smooches!

Spooked by Agman

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-08, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread"
PSST! Some of us have old technology POS computer screens that have the old aspect ratios. A few spaces in your filler would be appreciated

Random thoughts:

Well, Dario moved up from being Steve Urkel last week to rocking the Carleton from Fresh Prince of Belair. Who does the costume designing? YIKES!!!!!

Loved the Paso, didn't get the toy soldier thing (makes me appreciate Shane Sparks even more), I thought the mambo was WAY over hyped. The Vienese Waltz was meh (I wonder how raunchy the two of them will become in the following weeks to top the kiss last week and the display this week), Dance Hall? Huh? Again -- this was Jamaican, she is dressed like Sandy from Grease. Oh well.
The prison cell thing dream thing. (was that Tamina?) Oh my heck, is she going to get nailed for criticizing the choreography. Because Choreographers are GODS don't ya know? I thought the sound was supposed to be a prison door slamming. The lighting guys could have helped the story line by projecting bars on the floor as if the light was coming through the window.

And that "Ragged Ann and Andy" thing? EEK! Good thing Vince and Lisa had such a strong performance last week. Good thing we had the choreography story line explained to us before the dance.

10-16-08, 07:07 AM (EST)
4. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread"
Oh my heck, is she going to get nailed for criticizing the choreography.

DW commented that the choreography for that number was terrible (I agreed) and then Tamina made her comment. Is it incomprehendible for the choreo to be wrong? Not at all. And I think this time is was wrong. But the judges have to pump up the choreographers.

I liked the Raggedy Ann routine and the waltz. Then again, Lara's presence makes that easy for me.

The Dance Hall/Jamaican was totally wrong. They were not dancing to any sort of beat, the outfits were wrong (LOL about Sandy from Grease) and *gasp* the choreo was.not.very.good. I don't pretend to be educated in the nuances of dance, but I do know what I like (and isn't this show for the audience?).

10-16-08, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread"
Just to clarify -- I just thought the waltz was overly ambitious for people with not alot of waltz experience. It would have been spectacular with people with a ballroom background.

10-16-08, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread"
I totally agree about the Dance hall number. the first thing I thought was "Sandy in Grease"...

also...TOTALLY agree about the choreo. If you are given a lousy song with crappy choreography..how is that fair?

I also think that Dario shoudl have gone home last week as he is wonderful and unique, but maybe a little too Cedric (ie. interseting on his own, but cannot rise to the level necessary for most of the other dances)

I also feel bad for some of the young dudes...they just cannot keep up to some of the older (ie. 26-28 year olds) The lack of experience is so obvious when you compare a Nico or Vincent to some of the young guys... But then again, I guess they are getting some excellent training and national exposure...so that is still all good.

Spooked by Agman

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-08, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-08 AT 09:34 AM (EST)

Do you think that Glowie would accept Nico as her Blake-sub or what? As soon as they started with Queen I loved it. Don't think it was theatre, but loved it. They are hot, hot, hot.

Is every guy from Montreal or what?

edited to add some Nico-lovin'

YouTube Link

10-16-08, 09:39 AM (EST)
6. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread"
How could I forget to mention Nico and some girl I wish I were?

And kudos to wardrobe for this one!! ROWR!

10-16-08, 09:51 AM (EST)
8. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread"
Fans self...that Nico is so damn hot that my underwear melts when he comes on stage!! LOL

Wow...that number was just amazing..they are both amazing.

Spooked by Agman

10-16-08, 11:29 AM (EST)
10. "Eetch!"
I loved that routine. Now that was good choreography.

Arassay is so cute with her broken English, and the pair are a great team.

Eetch!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-08, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread"
ah. Somebody knows me well. This Nico guy is good stuff.

but still not Blake

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-16-08, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - week 2 performance thread"
I liked the first four couples. After that they start dropping off. The dance hall and prison song were the worst and a lot of that has to be the choreography. Both DW and I thought that.

My daughter's favourites were the two latin numbers Danny/Allie
(Dallie?) and Francis and Natalli.

What would Chelsie have been able to do on a latin number with a ballroom partner like Francis or Danny?

At this point, my top 8 are the first four couples.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •