The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-30-08, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
OK, so I am jumping the gun a teeny, tiny bit. But Gosh darn it we had to wait 2 weeks for this.

Will Emmanuel Sandu make it to top 20? Will his ego? What will the regional representation be like? Will Mary finally make good on her threat to apply for a Canadian citizenship?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 rev... MKitty 10-01-08 1
 RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 rev... byoffer 10-02-08 2
   RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 rev... qwertypie 10-02-08 3
       RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 rev... MKitty 10-02-08 6
           RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 rev... bullzeye 10-05-08 10
               RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 rev... byoffer 10-07-08 11
                   RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 rev... qwertypie 10-08-08 12
                       RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 rev... byoffer 10-08-08 13
 RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 rev... trigirl 10-02-08 4
   RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 rev... qwertypie 10-02-08 5
 RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 rev... nobody 10-02-08 7
   RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 rev... qwertypie 10-02-08 8
       RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 rev... nobody 10-03-08 9
 Top20 - week 1 dances byoffer 10-08-08 14
   Comment on judges byoffer 10-08-08 15
       RE: Comment on judges qwertypie 10-08-08 16
           RE: Comment on judges qwertypie 10-08-08 18
           RE: Comment on judges byoffer 10-08-08 19
               RE: Comment on judges qwertypie 10-08-08 21
   Hostess byoffer 10-08-08 17
   RE: Top20 - week 1 dances qwertypie 10-08-08 20
   RE: Top20 - week 1 dances qwertypie 10-08-08 22
   RE: Top20 - week 1 dances qwertypie 10-08-08 23
       RE: Top20 - week 1 dances nobody 10-09-08 28
   RE: Top20 - week 1 dances qwertypie 10-08-08 24
   RE: Top20 - week 1 dances qwertypie 10-08-08 25
   RE: Top20 - week 1 dances trigirl 10-09-08 26
       RE: Top20 - week 1 dances MKitty 10-09-08 27
       RE: Top20 - week 1 dances qwertypie 10-09-08 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-01-08, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
I'm here with ya Qwerty..just DYING for tonight to start already!!

And, I will not even look at this board until tomorrow morning, as I don't want to see any surprises from our East Coast peeps who will see it first...

Can't wait! *hops up and down* Top Twenty...here we come!

Tribe manga'd my mug

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-08, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
I was pretty shocked that Emmanuel didn't make top 20. The judges really struggled with him. They didn't show any footage of him in the partner dance - I would like to have seen that. And to be honest, I would like to have seen him perform in the top 20. But his website did say his focus was on the 2010 Olympics, so maybe that should have been a clue that he didn't get top 20.

Now things will get interesting.

10-02-08, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
I am assuming his partnership dancing was disastrous and that is why it wasn't shown (more suspense at the end). We were also shocked he didn't make it, especially since they kept him around so long. I am impressed they didn't bow to the stunt casting factor.
It also seemed alot of the shake your ta-tas girls didn't get in either.
It was interesting to see what the groups did with their routines (boy, that first one really svcked).
And I am seriously loving me some Blake. (tho' would not want to learn choreo from him)
It was sad when they cut the girl with the foot injury (at this point I am terrible with names), but they made the right decision -- it ws just going to get worse.

10-02-08, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
Yeah, great show last night.I too am shocked that Emmanuel didn't get in..but I think it would have been a diva disaster. I just didn't see him performing as well as some of those smokin' hot french boys!! wooo-ee baby.....I think it is going to be a hot, hot season!!

Yes, it was sad to see some of the couples seperated and some of the tears, but hey, you have to deliver when it's crunch time...or you are gonzo! It's harsh..it really is, but probably a great learning experience!

Can't wait for next week!

Tribe manga'd my mug

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-05-08, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
but I think it would have been a diva disaster.

Finally watched the episode last night and while I was hoping that Emmanual didn't make it, I realized when it was announced that he didn't, that I wanted to see him go further. For exactly the reason you state!

Surpised he is still an Olmypic contender after all these years.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

10-07-08, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
Surpised he is still an Olmypic contender after all these years.

What a sad commentary on the current state of the once great Canadian national figure skating team.

10-08-08, 00:06 AM (EST)
12. "RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
Word.

But is he really a contender, or just claims he is?

Like at the university here -- everyone in general science can claim they are pre-med.

10-08-08, 10:01 AM (EST)
13. "RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
I am not close enough to figure skating to know (despite my recent brush with several hottie female skaters ).

Here is a link to a wiki page that had Canadian championship figure skating results:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Figure_Skating_Championships

Note that 2008 is the first year that Emanuel is not in the top 3 since 1997 (wow, that is impressive). Further note that Jeffrey Buttle, one of those who has been ahead of him for a few years, recently retired.

Canada hasn't done well in international competitions in recent years, and that will mean that we will have fewer competitors allowed to compete in the Olympics. I am not sure if being the host will change that (it shouldn't). My guess is that Emanuel will have to be top 2 (maybe top 1) at the qualification competition to get to compete in Vancouver.

ttp://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/46da3fb702c9814d.gif

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-08, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
oh no...can't believe I missed it.

bouncey by Ice

10-02-08, 02:17 PM (EST)
5. "RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
D'OH! The other thread has some links where you can download the ep or some of the parts.

nobody 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-02-08, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nobody Click to send private message to nobody Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
We are so psyched! One of my younger daughter's guest dance studio choreographers from last year is in the top 20. We kind of had an inkling that he was selected for Toronto but no idea he made the 20.

So everyone cheer and vote for Miles! He changed his hair from last year so we didn't even notice him right away.

here's his audition, 2nd one in. He's the one that makes Mary want to move to Canada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eos_-_gHoI

10-02-08, 10:35 PM (EST)
8. "RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
Glad to see you back! I'll definitely check Miles out. Although, it might not be to his advantage if he is responsible for making Mary move here

10-03-08, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nobody Click to send private message to nobody Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SYTYCD Oct. 1 Canada top 20 reveal thread"
Thanks. Had a second job for a while and the kids went back to school. Not enough hours in the day some days. Should be around for now.

10-08-08, 09:18 PM (EST)
14. "Top20 - week 1 dances"
I was hoping someone would start an east coast spoiler thread for discussion.

My observations:
- Arassay is awesome at the latin dancing. Nico? notsomuch
- I actually liked Bre and partner, but their style was not exciting
- Allie? too cute.
- hot hot hot girls.

More later

10-08-08, 09:45 PM (EST)
15. "Comment on judges"
Overall I think they are being tough on them for the first week.

Luther - get out of the ghetto. We don't like Randy Jackson for the same reason!

All - I hate the pimping of the choreographers. They do what they go. I actually think sometimes the choreography isn't great, but they never say that.

French guy judge - you are even smarmier than Nigel. PERV ALERT! PERV ALERT! PERV ALERT! PERV ALERT! PERV ALERT!

10-08-08, 09:55 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Comment on judges"
3 minutes to go here.

10-08-08, 10:03 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Comment on judges"
Leah's posture is not the best. She's gotta stick her chest out more. You're welcome guys!

Judges are :
Luther brown
Blake McGrath
Tre Armstrong
and
Jean-Marc Genereaux

Oops! Tribe did me again!

10-08-08, 10:29 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Comment on judges"
Sorry q, I should have opened a spoiler thread. I don't think I gave too much away. I watch for the show, but you really know dancing. I hope that you will critique each couple in here!

10-08-08, 10:34 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Comment on judges"
No worries! I always peek so I can impress Mr. Qwerty with my amazing intunedness with the judges. Shhh! our little secret, Kay?

10-08-08, 10:02 PM (EST)
17. "Hostess"
I actually thought Leah did a good job. She followed Cat's formula. She even tried on the fro wig.

10-08-08, 10:30 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Top20 - week 1 dances"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-08 AT 10:32 PM (EST)

Random thoughts from a disorganized mind

Assaray and Nico ("I don't love dance, I AM dance" -- Let's see if he puts his money )

Gustavo Vargas? as choreographer
Doing Salsa
Good way to start the season. I agree she outdanced him.

Natalli (salsa and hip hop is her strength) and Kevin (lyrical contemp.)
Tanisha Scott choreographer.
Pretty good -- I suspect the synchronizing problem they were having in rehearsal carried over into the performance.
*touch wood* I think the camera work is a wee bit better than the US counterpart.

And someone should slip some salt peter in Jean Marc's drink.

Bre and Francis. Waltz? Man is she a lucky, lucky girl.
OK-- More actual waltz moves would be nice. A pox on that! To me, she seemed ackward and it would have been better if they were in partnership more and he could lead her through it. And how long were they running around at the beginning of the song. BAH! Underwhelmed I am.

10-08-08, 10:55 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Top20 - week 1 dances"
Next batch of random thoughts.

Allie (ballet from Calgary) Danny (latin ballroom) I was going to comment that he started to love ballroom when he was 14 - that's when he noticed girls.

doing jive.
That was really good. I thought the choreo was great. She did really good for a ballet dancer (needs to bring her knees and ankles together more).

OK - hoping not an Argentine tango coming up. But, we do have decent AT choreographers/instructors here. Well, so does the US, but I am not going to even go there. DD comments -- maybe it's the "Pasedena" they'll be doing. It's "Paso Doble" *SIGH*.

OK, Not Argentine tango
Kaitlyn (contemp)and Izaak (hip hop)
Oh and Izaak should be banned from wearing a shirt. How young is he? I suddenly feel very old and very dirty. *SIGH*
Sean Chessman (broadway?) choreo. She is channelling Liza Minelli. You gotta cut Izaak some slack, she's in a red slinky dress with garters and stockings, danciing in front of him -- not easy to outdo that.

10-08-08, 11:19 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Top20 - week 1 dances"
Trying to watch this and get kids to bed is not easy

Lisa and Vincent
Some sort of contemp number.
Good Lord -- are they are great match or what. Just Amazing.

Miles and Lara
DISCO? DISCO!?! WTF!?!

Sorry Nobody, hope this is not the kiss of death for them.
I am speechless. Not in a good way.
Miles can move. He can really move. Just give me my Cougar card. *SIGH*

10-09-08, 02:46 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Top20 - week 1 dances"
I actually thought Miles was pretty darn good this week too, wow. So many hot dancers.

Turns out one of my daughters also knows the balerina through a different dance school so we're rooting for her now too. My youngest son loves Dario and his unique way of dancing.

So many to root for and so little time. Voted for Miles though. Anyone that pulls off a decent disco deserves it.

10-08-08, 11:43 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Top20 - week 1 dances"
Romina (salsa) and Dario (contemp)
doing hiphop.
She's rocking the French Maid, he's channeling Steve Erkel.
OK the costumes totally wreck the supposed story line.

Blake is drooling over Romina.

Tamina and Joey doing the tango (did they mention it was an Argentine tango?)
*VIOLENT SOB*
Yes, another Salsa choreo guy who is a tango "expert". FOR FRICK'S SAKE -- MONTREAL IS A WORLD RENOWN HOT SPOT FOR ARGENTINE TANGO. *Deep breath*
Step away from the thread Qwerty, step away from the thread.

10-08-08, 11:49 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Top20 - week 1 dances"
OK, I was going to do the last three performances in the previous thread, but I figured I should shut it down asap. Mr. Qwerty claims they never used the word "Argentine" for the previous dance so I guess I should be grateful for that.

Caroline and Jesse (bboy) doing something. Wonder if Jean Marc is going to drool over her costume. Yikes. OK, Jean Marc has something to drool over now. Meh.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-08, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Top20 - week 1 dances"
You didn't like the disco? I loved it! Tres fun.

bouncey by Ice

10-09-08, 02:29 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Top20 - week 1 dances"
Hey gals...it was great to see the start of the season. I also loved the disco..but I am totally hot in love with at least three of the hot, hot men this season..woo-hoo..Nico, Miles, Vincent...wowie!

I am going to start a results thread.

Spooked by Agman

10-09-08, 03:39 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Top20 - week 1 dances"
Him - Love, her - not so much.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •