The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thoughts on the Final Four"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-08, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thoughts on the Final Four"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-08 AT 10:37 PM (EST)

So it was kind of a weird night for me. I found myself really loving the fact that Courtney, the underdog, is in the finals. Amazed that Twitch made it this far and how much he has improved. Blown away by Joshua - just blown away. And Katee - well, she's beautiful...and they almost didn't take her.

What an amazing group of dancers! How do we choose?

Shining moments....

Joshua/Katee - lyrical: the best dance of the night for me. Period. They take my breath away. It could have been a little more polished by Joshua, but knowing what we know about their exhaustion this week, this was brilliant. Loved the little kiss on Katee's elbow.

Joshua/Twitch - Russian Dance: this looked like a floor routine for the Olympic gymnastic's team. It was really fantastic to watch. I loved it.

Twitch's solo - that boy can MOVE. His entertainment value is through the roof. He has a bright future ahead.

Cat and Courtney - I loved the interview between the two of them. I think it is perfect that Courtney always wears yellow - she's a little ray of sunshine. And I thought her solo tonight was really beautiful.

I was completely entertained this evening - had a few "huh?" moments, but all in all - it was a brilliant night.

I'd be happy with a four way tie. IV real.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thoughts on the Final Four emydi 08-07-08 1
 RE: Thoughts on the Final Four Glow 08-07-08 2
   RE: Thoughts on the Final Four DoodleBug 08-07-08 3
 RE: Thoughts on the Final Four SilverStar 08-07-08 4
   RE: Thoughts on the Final Four Glow 08-08-08 6
 RE: Thoughts on the Final Four riverrocker 08-07-08 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thoughts on the Final Four"
I don't know, I was a bit underwhelmed last nite...I think I really wanted to see a hiphop of Twitchua and a cont for Katney

Solos

1. Twitch this was the best one he's done imho
2. Joshua nice
3. Courtney same
4. Katee same but I give the slight edge to Courtney

Pairs

1. Twitchua Russian hip hop street dance....this was freakin amazing I loved it...Josh leaped about 10 feet in the air and Twitch's floor moves were ridiculous

2. Twitchee-Fox Trot-I really liked this.. it was really good and the lift at the end was great

3. Joshney-Jive-I liked this better than the judges (although the footwear distracted me on courtney) it was fun

4. Joshee-Cont-I was expecting more of Wade meh

5. Twitchney-Hip pop-meh...what a waste of twitch...they are so happy that two hip hoppers are in the finals and then give him this toned down crap dance?

6. Katney-meh I really do not like broadway and girlie girlie broadway yech

Overall

1. Twitch 9
2. Josh 10
3. Katee 14
4. Courtney 17

*twitch*

Thanks tribey!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thoughts on the Final Four"
Thoughts? hmmm.
The repeated "untrained" remarks to Joshua were made all the more ridiculous because of his interview with Cat. He reminded us, in case we'd forgotten, that he has had training with his comments and pictures.

After J&K's lyrical piece, when the "judges" said they're like the best dancers to ever grace us with their dancing, Katee looked up at Joshua and, to me, they both looked really, really irritated. After the group piece, when the "judges" told Katee she was "flawless", she put her hands up a little as if to say, "WTF?" These kids aren't blind.

The Twitch pimping was odd. Something seemed fishy about it. You can't tell me this is who they were hoping to win all season. I'm thinking Josh's exhaustion has something to do with it. Somebody at TWoP said Josh probably passed out and Twitch saw all the attention he was getting and said "me too!" and dropped himself to the ground. I found that VERY amusing.

Nigel's comments about Will (and his afterthought comment regarding Mark) were distasteful. Yes, Nigel, Mark and Will should have been the there. At least one of them. Yes, Nigel, it does matter if you can dance. If we're getting nitpicky here, let's compromise, let's base it on both personality and ability. Who should have been there then? Ignorant old man.

I missed Mark tonight. His light (and energy) were sorely missed.

The show's "secret" hope that a hip hop guy would win this year made it almost unbearable to watch and certainly made it unbearable to listen to "critiques". Dan and Adam were the best guest judges we had this season. I hope to see more of them next year.

Is this our rankings thread too?

Solos:
Joshua - one of my favorites (right behind a bunch of Mark's) of the season
Twitch
Courtney - the "judges" comments to her was their goodbye, thank you for playing speech
Katee - love the song choice but her solos have been losing me

Partner dances:
Joshua and Katee - Wade's lyrical "love is hard work but it's the best thing you will ever work for" I love Wade.
Mia's group
Joshua and Twitch - Russian Trepak (mostly just tricks but I didn't expect much more)
Twitch and Courtney - NapTab hip hop (which I didn't really like at all)
Joshua and Courtney - Jason's Jive
Twitch and Katee - Tony's foxtrot (which wasn't really a foxtrot, I don't think. Looked like another contemporary.)
Courtney and Katee - Tyce's tired Broadway

I am really hoping tonight's finale will blow me away. I'm hoping for lots of Mark, Chelsie and Will. This final performance show was not good for me, except for the solos. I felt horrible for them. You didn't have to tell me they were sent to the hospital, I think I'd have known. I didn't like Katee's solo but she looked like the only one that wasn't about to collapse after the group routine. Remember now, they had to rehearse all the stuff for tonight too. That's a busy, ridiculous schedule. I hope they do something about that in years to come. I don't ever remember dancers looking this worn out.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thoughts on the Final Four"
Good point on the demanding schedule. I mean, honestly, the performance in the finale is not going to change anyone's vote - at least I doubt. So why run them to death and have us somewhat disappointed in their "final" performances? Doesn't make sense.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thoughts on the Final Four"
My thoughts on the finale? It sucked. For the first time ever in the history of SYTYCD, I didn't even finish watching the entire show. I stopped the DVR with about 10 minutes left because I couldn't take any more of the "judges."

This season has really tried my patience. I can't believe that a show I loved SO.MUCH! has turned into a show that I barely tolerate. It makes me really sad. When I look back, there is not one dance that I think of and go "Yes! This was awesome! Best of the season!" There are quite a few that I really enjoyed, but you'd have to give me a list for me to remember them. (The wiki page for season 4 has become my best friend. I have to refer to it constantly whenever I need to remember a dance.) The only one that I can think of right now would be Mark and Courtney's Jazz from last week. Will I remember that after the show is over? I don't know. This season just seemed to lack... magic.

That said, I really like all of the final 4. Well, I really like at least 3 of them. Heh. Twitch has been bugging me for some time now and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the stupid glasses, or the narcissistic Twitchman t-shirt, or the constant IV REAL mugging. Maybe it's the fact that he's just not as good as the other dancers (even the top 6 or 8. IMO, of course.)
But like I said in the should go/will go thread, I'd be perfectly happy with any of the other 3 winning. Then again, I said the same thing last year. "I'd be happy with Lacey, Danny or Sabra winning. Anyone but Neil." and then when Sabra actually won I was pissed off for Danny and Lacey. Heh. We'll see what my actual feelings are tonight after the winner is announced.

I don't feel like doing rankings anymore. I've forced myself to put the time in to do it every week, but I'm done now. I'm exhausted. Not as exhausted as the dancers, but still. This season has drained me. *heavy sigh*

Flashy moves by Tribe!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-08, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thoughts on the Final Four"
LAST EDITED ON 08-08-08 AT 09:43 AM (EST)

You meant the final four show NOT the finale, I presume. I really enjoyed Blake and Markthe finale but could have done without Wednesday's show.

"Maybe it's the fact that he's just not as good as the other dancers (even the top 6 or 8. IMO, of course.)"

I'd even say the other 9 of the top 10, IMO. I do really like him though (falling to the ground is always going to be a strange reaction, imo, to finding out you're B2 ~ aside from that, I found him likable). I'm not angry that he was in the top 4. I'm bitter that he was in the top 4 instead of Mark (or Will). The IV Real stuff does bug though.

A ho's (and Snidge's) work is never done.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-07-08, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thoughts on the Final Four"
This will sound strange, but I LOVED Josh & Twitch's Russian dance! That is one of my favorite songs from classical, and I thought they just blew it away. I really hope there will be more "international" dances added next year.

As for the other routines, the foxtrot turned out well....but I was underwhelmed. This was clearly a night when they could have done everything in an hour. I'm feeling "challenged" to watch all of it tonight; might just DVR and fast forward!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •