The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank 'em Top 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-31-08, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank 'em Top 6"
Solos:
1 Josh – I was pretty upset with him for the first few seconds (or at least it seemed that long) because he was starting too slow but he pulled out some stuff.
2 Mark – What can I say that I haven’t already? The shirt thing was a nice touch. rowr
3 Courtney – Am I nuts or was this her best solo? Girl really brought it tonight.
4 Twitch – I was a little disappointed in his solo. I usually love his solos. The grill and the glasses were fun but there wasn’t much else there. I love Cat. LOVE her.
5 Chelsie
6 Katee

Partner dances:
1 Mark and Courtney Jazz – wowza. I watched this three times last night and once this morning. The third time I only, well mostly, watched Courtney. She was excellent in this. I completely believe none of the other couples could have pulled this off (by “none” I mean all season). I know people were upset about Mark not getting Katee. I was too for a minute. But after thinking about it and after last night… well, thank you, Courtney. Mark was amazing. The part right in the beginning? He looked SO much like Shannon Leto (Jared’s brother). Oh his hair is magic. That part where Mark bent Courtney over in front of him and gave that creepy hot look to the camera was the awesome. The end when Courtney kicked his butt and he was on the ground was hot. Yes, Adam, this was SICK. I could write a book about why I loved this routine and why it’s one of my favorites of the season. Sonya? I love you. Please hang around for next season.

2 Joshua and Katee Contemporary – I had to watch this again to drown out Celine because she overwhelmed it for me the first time. I’m glad I re-watched it because I really liked it. Josh was sloppy in parts, yes (like the backbendy thing) and mostly all he did was prepare himself to catch flying Katee. But you know what? He did it gorgeously and nobody else could have done what he did in this routine. That’s why this was my second favorite routine of the night… because of Joshua. We’ve seen it all from Katee before. Yes, she’s brilliant at her style but that’s all we’ve seen. This was to prop Josh and it did. It did that without the ridiculous “holy trinity of dance” BS. Yikes. It certainly was not better than the Pas de Deux or Will and Jessica’s Tyce routine. As a matter of fact, my favorite contemp of the season was Josh and Katee’s Mia routine.

3 Mark and Courtney Waltz - *dreamy sigh* This was gorgeous. Romantic indeed. The way his tie was loosened and the first couple buttons were undone reminded me of a groom at the end of the night or a couple at the end of some fancy affair just ignoring the rest of the world. The way he looked at her made me weak in the knees. *swoon* His hair was all calm and Waltz-y. Their lines were so pretty and they were beautiful. If they put these two together to fail? They failed miserably.

4 Twitch and Chelsie Mambo – I? would not have noticed Twitch looking to her (Nigel, you idiotic bus driver, you) because I was too busy watching him in those pants and her in that dress. They were fun, fun, fun and hot, hot, hot. Rowr I could tell he was uncomfortable but I thought he did pretty well (or the pants were just too shiny for me to notice he didn’t).

5 Joshua and Katee “Paso Doble?” - There was a lot of contemporary going on. Joshua has one of those builds that makes me want to pound on his chest (I do it to my husband). I refuse to call him sexy and you can’t make me. I am in my 30’s and he is a baby. Loved how he dragged her to the judges. Rowr… ahem. I mean, fun!

6 Twitch and Chelsie Hip Hop – oh boy. The praise this girl got for this dance was right up there with “holy trinity of dance”. She didn’t do anything! Twitch did well with what he had to work with. I like the idea of the choreo (seems familiar) but they should have let him do more. Hell, let him choreograph it.

Mark 6
Courtney 7
Joshua 8
Katee 13
Twitch 14
Chelsie 15

A ho's (and Snidge's) work is never done.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rank 'em Top 6 aethelstan 07-31-08 1
   RE: Rank 'em Top 6 Glow 07-31-08 3
 RE: Rank 'em Top 6 SilverStar 07-31-08 2
   RE: Rank 'em Top 6 Glow 07-31-08 4
       RE: Rank 'em Top 6 SilverStar 07-31-08 5
           RE: Rank 'em Top 6 Glow 07-31-08 6
 RE: Rank 'em Top 6 bullzeye 07-31-08 7
   RE: Rank 'em Top 6 Glow 07-31-08 8
   RE: Rank 'em Top 6 MKitty 07-31-08 9
       RE: Rank 'em Top 6 bullzeye 07-31-08 12
 RE: Rank 'em Top 6 DoodleBug 07-31-08 10
 RE: Rank 'em Top 6 emydi 07-31-08 11
 RE: Rank 'em Top 6 Snidget 07-31-08 13
 RE: Rank 'em Top 6 Sagebrush Dan 07-31-08 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-31-08, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-08 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

This is based on first impressions. I saw a couple of dances twice and some only once.

Solos. I liked Josh's because of the height he got on his leaps. I always find Mark's to be too angular, like every percussion beat needs an associated movement. I would have preferred a bit less action and more flow. Strangely, I would have preferred more action in Katee's as the music seemed to call for it. Overall, I still could do without the solos though I recognize they are a necessary evil.

Pairs:
1. Josh and Katee paso doble. For sheer entertainment value, to me, this was the best dance. I glad that Josh got the footwork this week (maybe Katee insists on more practice because his footwork was good when they were together before too). I also thought that they projected a lot of great emotions without letting up. Interestingly, because of the links put up yesterday, I saw Neil and Sabra's paso doble so they can be directly compared. I think Josh sold the matador image better than Neil and I preferred the dancing of Joshee ever so slightly to N&S but Neil and Sabra's ending was simply outstanding. That pressage to letting his "cape" fall to the floor was unbelievable. And Josh totally stole the 'dragging his cape across the floor' thing from Neil & Sabra. However, given that it was the same choreographer, I can't complain there.

- Chelsie's mambo. She was great in this number. Her hips and legs were flying. I said it when Gev was paired with her on a latin dance. None of the guys can keep up with her in her element.

gap

2. Josh and Katee contemporary. I was not fond of the music choice or the OTT pimpage of the judges but I enjoyed watching it.

3. Mark and Courtney - jazz. This dance was intricate, complicated, exceptionally well choreographed and executed - in fact, it may have been the best danced number of the night - but I just didn't like it. I can't really put my finger on it but at the end of the dance I was like "that was impressive but strange" as opposed to "wow. I liked that". Yes, I have a personal preference for Latin dances over the other kinds and that is surely influencing my list here.

4. Mark and Courtney - Waltz. I need to see this again to have a better recollection of this dance. I think I may have been distracted while watching it. It's quite possible that this could be tied for #2.

5. Twitch and Chelsie - hip hop. This was fun but not outstanding. The two previous weeks had hip hops with Comfort that were leagues above this one.

6. Twitch and Chelsie - mambo. I wanted to like this and do have Chelsie above but Twitch brings this one all the way down. Twitch mentally checked out of this number about half way through. He spent his whole time thinking of technique and what he needed to do next and being worried about it that he didn't project a good emotion or look like he was enjoying himself. See Josh and Mark for excellent contrast.
I think Nigel was right to say exactly where he got off track. The thing that sealed it for me though was the last 30-45 seconds of the routine. The pre-dance blurb made a point of talking about this move where Twitch walks over Chelsie. Well, in the dance, that move had no wow factor and the lift afterwards (to get Chelsie back on her feet) had none either. It just looked like Twitch has moving from element to element with no passion at all. I was very disappointed with his performance in this routine.

ETF a word.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-31-08, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
hmmm. So I maybe was too distracted by Twitch's shiny pants and Chelsie's bum? I guess I better re-watch that.

I wasn't feeling Katee's solo this week at.all.

Neil! Neil was a freaking maniac. I have to go back and watch some of his routines. Danny outshined him last year, for me. There are some things I remember about Neil, the performer, that could be directly compared to Mark, the performer. Makes me wonder, if there was a Danny this year, if my Mark love would be lessened at all (to a controllable level, at least). I can't imagine that being the case but it's something to ponder.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-08, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
For the first time all season, I completely ignored everything the "judges" had to say. I can't stand them anymore. Thank you DVR for your power to fast forward. *hugs DVR* But, gee, how am I ever going to do my rankings without knowing who was on the hot tamale train??! *rolls eyes*

Partner dances

1. Mark/Courtney, Jazz-- Hell yeah! This was so amazing. I watched it 3 times. I love the part at the end where Court does like a back flip and kicks her legs in the middle to the beat of the song. Mark's character was awesome, as usual. They both killed this, and they were HOT! Loved it!

2. Katee/Josh, Paso Doble-- Woo boy! They sure got the intensity down pat, and I thought it was a pretty good routine, choreography wise. I really liked it.

3. Katee/Josh, Contemporary-- Katee is fearless. That girl will throw herself anywhere the choreographer wants her to. That split leap into Josh's arms? Holy crap. Josh was really good in this, too. Great job.

4. Mark/Courtney, V. Waltz-- Beautiful. I kinda wish the lifts had been a little more... something. But overall, it was very nice.

5. Chelsie/Twitch, Mambo-- Chelsie was hot, Twitch was not. He did ok, but it was a little awkward for me.

6. Chelsie/Twitch, Hip Hop-- I hated this! Hated their costumes, hated the story, hated the choreography. I really can't even say anything about how they danced it, because there wasn't much dancing. They deserved better than what NappyTabs gave them. Ugh.

Solos

1. Twitch-- Hee! That was cute. And I thought he did some cool moves as well. Seriously, can Cat be any more adorable?
2. Mark-- I've liked his other solos better, but he never fails to hold my attention.
3. Courtney-- I've always liked her solos because aside from the usual flail 'n spin, she does some different moves.
4. Katee-- Her solos all seem the same, but at least this one was to an upbeat, fun song.
5. Joshua-- Props for the huge leap, but I'm really not digging your solos. Same ole, same ole.
6. Chelsie-- This was one of her better attempts, but I think she is definitely the worst ballroom soloist the show has seen.

Overall

1. Mark 7
2. Courtney 8
3. Katee 9
4. Joshua 10
5. Twitch 12
6. Chelsie 17

Flashy moves by Tribe!

07-31-08, 09:48 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
Did you see Shannon Leto at all?

Where are my screencaps!?! I've been waiting all morning!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-08, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
Now that you mention it, yeah, I can totally see Shannon in Mark. Must be the guyliner.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

07-31-08, 10:09 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-08 AT 01:44 PM (EST)

yeah. Either the guyliner or the extreme gorgeous. One of those. Of course, it's true I have Leto brainmush but I immediately screamed "Shannon" when Mark started Sonya-walking across the stage.

eta: this doesn't fully illustrate the similarities I was seeing but:

gah. I've spent way too much time trying to find a picture of Shannon to post against a screencap of the moment I'm thinking about (when the screencaps are posted, of course) that would perfectly demonstrate where I'm coming from. I have work to do, people. bwah!

I found out something while looking for Shannon. Both of the Letos are unfairly blessed in a certain area.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-31-08, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
I love Cat. LOVE her.

Reason #7,982 why bullzeye *hearts* Glowie.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

07-31-08, 10:46 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
I'd be interested to see that entire list.
*smooooooooch*

Glowie *hearts* bullzeye

*rubs fingers over bullzie's abs*

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-31-08, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
Not to totally suck up or anything, but when she put Twitch's grill in her mouth last, and then put on his glasses, I literally screamed to my DH..I LOVE this woman! she is so damn good..and so damn nice...what's not to love about Cat???

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-31-08, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
what's not to love about Cat??

Well, she gets points deducted for (a) not living in Toronto, and (b)not dating me. Though now that I think about it, she doesn't need to be in Toronto to date me.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-08, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
Partner dances

1. Katee/Josh, Paso Doble-- Excellent. I loved loved loved this routine. Josh was so powerful and Katee was fierce. Loved it.

2. Mark/Courtney, Jazz-- This was awesome, and weird, and freaky, and SICK. I agree that this dance was choreographed with them in mind. No one but them could have pulled it off. Mark EXCELLED in this routine and Courtney was awesome as well. Love Sonya.

3. Katee/Josh, Contemporary-- I'm in the minority here, but I really like Celine Dion. I thought the music enhanced the dance. To each his own, I guess. This was a gorgeous routine, and again, really played off of Josh's strengths. I too liked their Mia routine better.

4. Mark/Courtney, V. Waltz-- very romantic and flowed nicely. I loved the rise and fall from Mark. It LOOKED like a waltz. Best waltz of the season.

5. Chelsie/Twitch, Mambo-- Poor Twitch. But could any guy keep up with Chelsie on this routine? Don't think so. Chelsie was excellent. Would have been higher had Twitch been a little stronger.

6. Chelsie/Twitch, Hip Hop-- This was the worst hip hop of the season. Did not like it. They did well with what they were given though.

Solos: BTW - I'm just not a big fan of solos, so this is pure personal preference toward the dancer - not their solo.
Josh
Katee
Mark
Chelsie
Twitch
Courtney

Rankings:
Josh
Katee
Mark
Courtney
Chelsie
Twitch

Doesn't matter who goes tonight, I will be a mess.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-08, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
quick one busy...not read anyone else's lists

I'll come back later hopefully and expand

Solos: Not the greatest, their group dances were so much better!

1. Josh...he's here because by the end i was sayin dayim

2. CHelsie--I love her legs

3. Mark-quirks

4. Courtney- i just love her she's my fave gal

5. Katee-she's good but I like the other two better

6. Twitch-the teeth were cute but not much in the dancing

Pairs

1. Markney 1 V. Waltz-omh the chills I had this was beautiful (and I must admit to my chagrin that I love that David Cook song)

2. Markney 2 Sonya is a wild woman perfect for Mark perfect!!

3. Twitchsie 1-Mambo-Chelsie was great in this and I checked it out Twitch did very well

4. Joshee-COnt-this was very good but I was tired of Katee always gettin cont so I was not in best frame of mind

5. Twitchsie 2 Hip Hop-I like this

6. Joshee PD- this was ok but not great as jidges thought

Mark 6
Courtney 7
Chelsie 10
Josh 11 (this was bc of Katee not Josh)
Twitch 14
Katee 15

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-08, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
Ranked during the re-watch

Pairs

1. Katee and Josh Contemporary. Loved how she could just leap fearlessly knowing he would be there for her.

2. Courtney and Mark Jazz. I wanted to like it more than Joshtee Contemporary, but while I loved the quirk and the darkness but didn't have quite the impact for me. But still really really good.

3. Katee and Josh Paso Doble. Would be higher, but I really wanted to watch Will dance that rather than Josh

4. Courtney and Mark Waltz. Very nice, very romantic, really didn't feel choreographed and even the lifts felt like they were organically part of the dance, not thrown in just to fill up time so they don't actually have to dance.

5. Chlesie and Twitch Mambo. Meh, when I long for DWTS it isn't good. Twitch had way too many just keeping out of the way of the ruffles of death moments. Like they were edged with cut glass like you do with the tassel on a Chinese Sword.

6. Chelsie and Twitch Hip Hop. I could see how much more there could be in that dance and that isn't good.

Solos

1. Courtney. Looked effortless and loved the emotion and I know I couldn't do that.
2. Mark. Love the quirk, but didn't love it quite as much as Courtney's solo
3. Joshua. Had more content than Twitches, but which he'd not messed around so much at the beginning so he'd have had time for the tricks at the end.
4. Twitch Good with the props, bonus points the interaction with Cat.
5. Katee. Meh, looked like I could do it, but liked it better than Chelsie's.
6. Chelsie. Meh. Liked the fringe on the skirt but prove the adage that ballroom dancers can't do solos.

Overall

1. Josh and Courtney (7)
3. Mark (8)
4. Katee (9)
5. Twitch (15)
6. Chelsie (17)

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-08, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rank 'em Top 6"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-08 AT 05:08 PM (EST)

So much of this is nitpicking, because the dancing on the whole was superb.

Pairs

1 Mark and Courtney Jazz – Amazing work. My praises are on the ECUT thread. I thought Mark was the stronger of the two, but Courtney was the perfect match for him. I like her personality.

------gap------

2 Joshua and Katee Contemporary – Really quite good, but what sold it was that awesome catch.

3 Mark and Courtney Waltz - The lifts were graceful, the moves were very good.

4 Twitch and Chelsie Mambo – Great personality pairing, but she was fantastic in that dress. We found ourselves bored during part of it, though. But, the judges pointed out that part as to where Twitch got a little over his head.

5 Joshua and Katee “Paso Doble” - I'm a big fan of both of these dancers. The footwork was indeed good, but there was a lot of generic stuff on the loose.

6 Twitch and Chelsie Hip Hop – I liked Twitch's dancing and Chelsie's fierceness. It was good, but Chelsie really wasn't at her best here.

Solos

1. Joshua
2. Mark
3. Courtney
Tied for last: ChelsieKateeTwitch

Mark: 5
Courtney: 6
Joshua: 8
Katee: 11
Chelsie: 14
Twitch: 14

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •