The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who gets their style more"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-18-08, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who gets their style more"
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-08 AT 01:52 PM (EST)

Someone mentioned Will basically got two dances in his style last night (so did Katee)

So I thought I'd look at who seems to be favored.

The dance styles of the top 10 dancers broke into three categories
Latin/Ballroom (Chelsie)
Hip Hop (Gev, Josh, Twitch, Comfort)
Contemporary/Jazz (Courtney, Katee, Kherington, Will)

I broke up the dance styles (from wiki as to who did what) for this season thusly

Feel free to check my count, transcription errors happen all the time.

Latin/Ballroom also included the Partnering dances of Disco and the Two step as they fit there.
Hip Hop with Krump put in here
Contemporary/Jazz, and I put the three B's Ballet, Broadway, and Bollywood here. Mostly as they are not a partner dance, and do have that same sort of put on a show story telling/performance you see a lot in Jazz and contemporary.

So of the top 10 the ones with 4 of the 9 dances in their style are
Chelsie (Latin/Ballroom)
Katee (although they are all Broadway, Ballet and Bollywood)
Will
Mark (moved as I had him tallied wrong)

Three in their style are
Comfort and Twitch (the only two with 3 hip hop so far)
Courtney
Kherington

Two in their style of nine dances
Joshua (also has the record at 5 for most partnered dances)

One in their style of nine dances
Gev

Now I know they only have so many hip hop/Krump routines, but for Twitch/Comfort to get a third before Gev got a second one, at least Josh got one this week.

Of the Top 10 Dances

2 in style
Katee and Will

1 in style
Chelsie
Comfort
Kherington
Mark
Twitch
Joshua

0 in style
Gev
Courtney

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who gets their style more Glow 07-18-08 1
   RE: Who gets their style more Snidget 07-18-08 2
       RE: Who gets their style more Glow 07-18-08 3
           RE: Who gets their style more Snidget 07-18-08 4
               RE: Who gets their style more Glow 07-18-08 5
                   RE: Who gets their style more Sagebrush Dan 07-18-08 9
                       RE: Who gets their style more Glow 07-18-08 10
                           RE: Who gets their style more Sagebrush Dan 07-19-08 11
                               RE: Who gets their style more qwertypie 07-19-08 12
                               RE: Who gets their style more Snidget 07-19-08 13
                               RE: Who gets their style more Glow 07-21-08 14
                                   RE: Who gets their style more Glow 07-22-08 15
               RE: Who gets their style more emydi 07-18-08 6
                   RE: Who gets their style more Snidget 07-18-08 7
                       RE: Who gets their style more Glow 07-18-08 8
 Style Breakdown Glow 07-22-08 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-08, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who gets their style more"
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-08 AT 01:06 PM (EST)

There is so much going on in your post that I could only focus on one of the dancers at a time. Let's start with... hmmm... okay, let's start with Mark.

First of all, you left him off of your styles list. He goes here:
"Contemporary/Jazz (Courtney, Katee, Kherington, Will)"

You say you are lumping Contemp, Jazz, Ballet, Broadway and Bollywood together... which is whoa but okay, we'll do that.

That means that Mark has had four in his "specialty".
Week 1 Contemporary
Week 4 Jazz
Week 5 Broadway
Week 6 Jazz (a suckyass jazz but a jazz nonetheless)

"Now I know they only have so many hip hop/Krump routines, but for Twitch/Comfort to get a third before Gev got a second one, at least Josh got one this week."

While I was sitting in the grass on my knoll, this struck me and I became slightly less annoyed with the crapfest they heaped on my poor boy this week. Hey, they didn't know Kherington was going to wreck him with her train. Okay fine. They did know that the two-step was going to be super!hard and may have thought they would knock it out of the park... oops, what was I saying? oh! Yeah. I think they brought Dave Scott *bows* to choreo for Josh and later asked him to come up with one for Twitch and Comfort real quicklike because they didn't have as much time to rehearse/practice as the others. Honestly? I guess I'm okay with that. The more I think about that, the more I'm kind of looking forward to next week. Not just because myMark is DUE for a contemporary or hip hop but also because Comfort cannot get another hip hop.

A ho's (and Snidge's) work is never done.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-18-08, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who gets their style more"
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-08 AT 02:01 PM (EST)

The problem is we never have dancers who specialize in Broadway, and someone had already kinda seen it that way. I do see how those routines are more like the Contemporary routines in that it is about telling a story line more than something like a partner dance where it is about the partnering.

I started out with a "other category" which had Disco, Broadway, etc but I decided to go with the categories the dancers had and cram things in where they fit best.

The Ballet they did had more of a contemporary feel to it to me than a more traditional style so I can see it in there more than anywhere else.

Now I could see the hip hop because Jessica and Will only had one hip hop coming into it so giving Jessica a hip hop could have her stepping up, or when with Twitch shown her up, so I'm wondering if the hip hop was intended to get Jessica out and keep Twitch in, but then Jessica was toast.

ETA. People due for something

Hip Hop (only did one so far)
Chelsie
Mark
Katee
Will

Contemporary/Other (only did two so far
Joshua (one was Bollywood)
Twitch

Ballroom is pretty even, Comfort is a bit low, so she could be due for another ballroom

So if I was putting them together.

Mark and Katee
Hip Hop
And Contemporary, most of Katee's has been "others" and something really lyrical is needed from her.

Will and Chelsie
Hip Hop
Contemporary/Other to get Chelsie out of her box in partner dance this week

Joshua and Comfort
Partner (probably something fast to get Comfort away from a repeat of a waltzy thing)
Contemporary

Twitch and Courtney
Partner
Contemporary (or contemporary and and another as Twitch is low in that category and they can do two in that grouping in a show)

07-18-08, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who gets their style more"
I'm sorry. I didn't mean that I thought you were wrong to lump the things together that you lumped. I just meant whoa is all.

Your Jessica hip hop theory makes sense. *gets angry again*

07-18-08, 02:03 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Who gets their style more"
Ok, wasn't sure.

Did you see my edit for what I'd give them this week?

I'd like Mark in something really lyrical with Katee, I think that could be smactabular

07-18-08, 02:10 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Who gets their style more"
His musicality is off the charts. The stuff on his youtube channel is unreal. I would LOVE to see him blow y'all's socks off next week. I think him and Katee would be a good match. I just have a bit of fear that they'll overpraise her and make it sound like she could have done it with a mannequin. (A comment they made to Gev that I, in my grass, took as a backhand to my poor boy.) I see some of his fans losing some love for him and that just ain't right because he hasn't done anything wrong (in my biased eyes, I admit).

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-08, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who gets their style more"
It wasn't until this thread that I realized how they could be sabotaging Mark. He hasn't done well recently, and I wonder if they're intentionally giving him material that doesn't work with him, while making sure Will stays within his comfort level.

07-18-08, 09:22 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Who gets their style more"
I must be taking x or something but I've come down from the knoll, at least for the time being.

A copy one of my posts from elsewhere:
I'm betting that it will be either Mark or Joshua that gets Comfort. I'm not going to stress about it. I think what went wrong this week was Kherington's attitude. There were moments in the Jazz that I caught her maybe trying to look like she was connecting but she didn't even try most of the time. I feel like as long as Comfort gave him something to work with, and I do believe she would, he'd be just fine.

I really, really don't see what you mean by he hasn't been doing well. He was magnificent in both of the group numbers this week and in the one last week. His solos are wonderful. Even if you can't agree with that, you have to say they were entertaining. He got all the steps and performed them the best he could with what he had to work with. Seriously? The Bollywood? In all the stills I see it is apparent that his technique (screw you, Mia, you smug cow) is among the best on that stage. So, while I agree that his recent routines haven't topped my lists, he still does.

A ho's blog

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-08, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who gets their style more"
I was referring to his dances with Kherington, and one in the previous week where he wasn't at his best (I'd have to rewatch the show to remember what it was). His solos and group numbers have been good. Prior to last week, his pairs dances were among the best. No argument there. I think he is one of the most versatile dancers; my point was that perhaps they were taking him out of his comfort level while keeping Will within his in order to make Will look better.
I am but first timer to the grassy knoll, so be patient with me.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-08, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who gets their style more"
SMOOCH!

07-19-08, 06:22 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Who gets their style more"
Your a conspiracy theorist virgin, and we got to pop your cherry with SYTYCD?

*sniff*

It's such a beautiful thing to see nature in the raw like this.

07-21-08, 09:56 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Who gets their style more"
But see. I thought he has been consistently wonderful (minus the hands in the foxtrot). His routines with Kherington weren't among his best routines but if you can somehow watch them without watching her (which I can do amazingly well), he's quite fab (as per usual). That was my point. I don't see the he hasn't been great opinion. Sure I'm biased (because I love him, y'all ), but I try to give honest opinions. I don't think he has done anything to lose favor. He is still among the best on that stage... even if some of his routines haven't been. I think the group numbers have proven that.

Somebody pointed out a part in the 5 Moes routine where Will and Mark were perfection while Josh lost some of the steps at one point. He did pick them back up but the fact that all the screencaps of the Bollywood consistently show Will and Mark's perfect or near perfect (some of them show Will a little off) technique really says something to me. I know people won't vote based on that if their favorite is Josh or Twitch but it sure helps my cause, iykwim. Man, I wish I could post gifs here. There are some doozies. (I seriously just drooled a little.)

07-22-08, 11:46 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Who gets their style more"
oooh... here we go!

Josh lost some of the steps at one point

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-08, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who gets their style more"
you stole my partners!!

Markfort Markfort Markfort.....runs and hides from glowie

07-18-08, 02:23 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Who gets their style more"
Great minds think alike?

Can't someone just dance alone this week? Maybe Comfort's shoulder will completely pop off like the skeleton when they were testing that torture device on Surviving History.

Now I don't want to see anyone hurt, but if Comfort makes the final four I am going to have to rip someone's arm off and beat something to death.

07-18-08, 02:27 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Who gets their style more"
wow. You're vicious.

*chases emy and hits her with Comfort's arm*

07-22-08, 01:10 PM (EST)
16. "Style Breakdown"
Week 1
Rayven and Jamie - hip hop

Susie and Marquis - Waltz

Kourtni and Matt - Jazz

Chelsea and Thayne - Cha Cha Cha

Chelsie and Mark - Contemporary

Kherington and Twitch - Broadway

Comfort and Chris - Jive

Katee and Josh - hip hop

Jessica and Will - Tango

Courtney and Gev - Disco

Week 2
Chelsea and Thayne - Jazz

Chelsie and Mark - Argentine Tango

Jessica and Will - Hip hop

Kourtni and Matt - Foxtrot

Courtney and Gev - Contemporary

Katee and Josh - Broadway

Susie and Marquis - Salsa

Kherington and Twitch - Viennese Waltz

Comfort and Chris - Krump

Week 3
Kherington and Twitch - hip hop

Courtney and Gev - Rumba

Comfort and Chris - Jazz

Jessica and Will - Disco

Kourtni and Matt - contemporary

Chelsea and Thayne - quickstep

Chelsie and Mark - hip hop

Katee and Josh - Samba

Week 4
Jessica and Will - Jive & Lyrical Jazz

Comfort and Thayne - Broadway & Smooth Waltz

Kourtni and Matt - Hip hop & Mambo

Chelsie and Mark - Jazz & Foxtrot

Kherington and Twitch - Paso Doble & Contemporary

Katee and Josh - Contemporary & West Coast Swing

Courtney and Gev - Hip hop & Broadway

Week 5
Chelsie and Mark - Salsa & Broadway

Comfort and Thayne - Hip hop & contemporary

Jessica and Will - Contemporary & Quickstep

Courtney and Gev - Cha Cha Cha & Jazz

Kherington and Twitch - Krump & Tango

Katee and Josh - Viennese Waltz & Bollywood

Week 6
Courtney and Joshua - Hip hop & Rumba

Kherington and Mark - Country two-step & Jazz

Comfort (Jessica) and Twitch - Smooth Waltz & Hip hop

Katee and Will - Broadway & Pas de Deux

Chelsie and Gev - Contemporary & Jive

...not to mention my nervous breakdowns from these shows

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •