The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-10-08, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances"
LAST EDITED ON 07-10-08 AT 08:55 AM (EST)

Since no one's started this yet, I will get it going.

Here we go with my rankings.

The Top 12.

1. Katee and Joshua Bollywood.

I enjoyed seeing a new dance genre, and that took a lot of strength, technique and attention to details. They brought the performance and personality to it as well.

2. Courtney and Gev Cha Cha.

Was she as sexy as Anya, nope, would have liked to see a bit more hip throughout, but very fun and they brought the dance alive.

3. Chelsie and Mark Salsa

They also really performed this well and it was fun.

4. Courtney and Gev Jazz.

I just loved them in this and they really put everything into the dance.

5. Twitchington Krump

That she faded at the end brings this down a notch or so, but they gave it all they had. Just wish she had a bit more conditioning to have ended strong.

6. Chelsie and Mark Broadway.

Sassy and really showed personality.

7. Jessica and Will Contemporary

A lot of people loved this, on the rewatch I figured out what was distracting me. They did the strength moves, but there was too much effort to get them done. They did them, but didn't quite have enough power to make it look easy. Maybe it's the Mime training I had (*insert joke here*) but the small catches when one is just barely able to do something takes away from the performance aspect of the dance for me. Technically the moves were good, but they just didn't have that extra something that makes them great to watch.

8. Katee and Joshua Viennese Waltz.

Very lovely, but just lovely for me.

9. Jessica and Will Quickstep

I know I judge this against seeing my parents dance at a wedding, and I know the steps are a lot harder in a competition version than just going out and having some fun, but I do expect young people to be able to make it light and easy looking if two people nearing retirement can.

10. Comfort and Thayne Hip Hop

My love for Thayne and enjoying him in this keeps me from giving the two both bottom spots.

11. Kherington and Twitch Smooth Tango.

You don't get your nickname for this one. Don't know if Kherington is coming down with something or just ran out of steam from the Krump but this had no spark at all. The fight part in the practice was 10X more passionate than those moves done on the stage.

12. Comfort and Thayne Contemporary.

Compared to what passes as bad on most talent shows, this was still way better than a lot of the dreck out there, but for this show getting through it OK just isn't good enough.

ETA Overall

6 Courtney and Gev
9 Katee and Joshua
9 Chelsie and Mark
16 Twitchington
16 Jessica and Will
22 Comfort and Thayne

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances Glow 07-10-08 1
 RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances emydi 07-10-08 2
   RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances Snidget 07-10-08 3
   RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances Glow 07-10-08 4
 RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances SilverStar 07-10-08 5
 RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances Sagebrush Dan 07-10-08 6
 RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances Snidget 07-10-08 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-08, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances"
okay. Real quick-like.

Katee & Joshua Bollywood - These two work their butts off. That was great fun.
Jessica & Will Contemporary - gorgeous.
Chelsie & Mark Broadway - white tank top
Chelsie & Mark Salsa - open shirt
Courtney & Gev Jazz - fun!
Kherington & Twitch Krump - she did get really weak at the end but the beginning was good.
Courtney & Gev Cha Cha - sexy! Anya and Pasha!
Katee & Joshua V Waltz - she is beautiful
Comfort & Thayne Hip Hop - better than the rest
Jessica & Will Quickstep - after that first number this was a great disappointment.
Kherington & Twitch Smooth Tango - huh? Don't put Angelina and Brad (dream threesome) in my mind and then pull this crapfest out.
Comfort & Thayne Contemporary - oy! Poor Thayne. I agree with Nigel *choke* *gag* this should have been saved for somebody else... second time I said that about Thayne on a Mandy routine. hmmm. Anyway. She needs to go.

A ho's (and Snidge's) work is never done.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-08, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances"
1. Joshee 2-bollywood I really liked this dance It may be bc it was a new genre but I think they did very well and Katee looked so beautiful...she was the best choice of women for this dance imho

2. Gevney 1-I loved this CHA CHA I love Pasha and Anya!!! Although, after next week, I think Courtney and Gev will ge lost in top 10 when not together...

3. Marksie 2-I really liked this Brway routine...Mark had SPats on!! This was a great number but I kept singing the ad from the 70s/80S with the same song!

4. Will Jess 1-I liked this not loved it but hey I'm not a contemporary ho!

5. Twitchington 1-Krump...it was good I guess from the 'spoilers' I was expecting a bit more

6. Gevney 2-Jazz I loved their outfits and map thing

7. Marksie 1-Salsa I wasn't loving this routine...the camera work sucked but I thought it was lacking something that I usually see in a Marksie no.

8. Thomfort 2-this contemporary was good Thayne has been rooked in this comp

9. Joshee 1 V Waltz meh it was not light

10. Twitchington 2 Smooth Tango not smooth

11. Thomfort 1-I did not like this hip hop but the steps was nice

12. Will Jess 2 Ugh that quick step..they tried to use gimmicks at beg and end to make it better it wasn't

Overall

1. Gevney 8
2. Joshee 10
3. Marksie 10
4. Twitchington 15
5. Will/Jess 16
6. Thomfort 19

07-10-08, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances"
Added in my overall.

Very close to yours.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-08, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances"
I forgot to do that again.

1. Marksie 7
2. Joshee 9
3. Will and Jessica 12
3. Gevney 12
5. Twitchington 17
6. Thomfort 21

A ho's (and Snidge's) work is never done.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-08, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances"
1. Katee/Josh, Bollywood-- That was so much fun! I hope we get to see this style again.

2. Gev/Courtney, Cha Cha-- Woo! That was sex-ay! I love Courtney and Gev was great, too.

3. Gev/Courtney, Jazz-- Another fun routine. I didn't get why Nigel said it didn't have any substance. They were running around and dancing their asses off!

4. Twitchington, Krump-- Twitch was on fire! Kherington started out really, really stong and I was loving it. Too bad she lost it at the end. My first thought was that she must have injured herself somehow.

5. Jessica/Will, Contemporary-- This routine had me mesmerized. I didn't love it, but I certainly couldn't take my eyes off of them. I think the music had a lot to do with it. It was just so unusual that you had to watch and see what was going on.

6. Katee/Josh, V. Waltz-- I agree with the judges that it needed to glide along the floor a whole lot more, but it was still beautiful.

7. Chelsie/Mark, Broadway-- Hm. I don't know what has happened with this couple, but they are fading for me. The judges raved about how OMGHot! this was, but I wasn't feeling it. It was just alright.

8. Comfort/Thayne, Hip Hop-- Thayne was pretty good in this! I wasn't expecting that. I think they both danced well, but it was just kind of boring.

9. Chelsie/Mark, Salsa-- Should have been hot, but again, I wasn't feeling it from them.

10. Jessica/Will, Quickstep-- I actually like the QS, and I didn't think this was so bad. I thought it was kinda fun.

11. Comfort/Thayne, Contemporary-- During the routine I said the same exact thing Nigel did. I wish we could see someone else dancing this. Great routine, but they just didn't bring anything to it.

12. Twitchington, Tango-- Ugh. Boring. No passion. This really made me think that Kher must have injured herself during the Krump. They totally lost all their fire.

Overall:
1. Courtney/Gev 5
2. Katee/Josh 7
3. Jessica/Will 15
4. Mark/Chelsie 16
5. Twitchington 16
6. Comfort/Thayne 19

Flashy moves by Tribe!

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-08, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances"
1. Katee and Joshua Bollywood.

Great fun. I do not believe the drawings are random in this — I think Nigel selected these two to do it. Katee's versatility is a major factor in that choice.

2. Courtney and Gev Cha Cha.

Glad to see a number where Courtney's spunk and zest are given a the right medium.

3. Katee and Joshua Viennese Waltz.

I enjoyed this more than the judges. Katee was magnificent here.

4. Chelsie and Mark Salsa

Chelsie was a delight here. This should be #3, but I'm just a jerk.

5. Courtney and Gev Jazz.

A lot of fun.

6. Jessica and Will Contemporary

This could have been better, but it was enjoyable just the same.

7. Twitchington Krump

Would like to have rated this higher, but it just didn't do it for me.

8. Chelsie and Mark Broadway.

Dance didn't match the music.

9. Comfort and Thayne Contemporary.

This could have been so much better if Thayne had a better partner. It was good to see why he got here in the first place. At least he's got work after the show, thank you Mia.

I don't want to waste my time these. They just svcked.

10, 11, 12.
Jessica and Will Quickstep Comfort and Thayne Hip Hop Kherington and Twitch Smooth Tango.

07-10-08, 01:50 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Rank 'em, the Top 12 Dances"
LAST EDITED ON 07-10-08 AT 01:52 PM (EST)

Group averages so far (n=5)

average
1 K/J Bollywood
3 C/G Cha Cha
4.6 C/G Jazz
4.8 J/W Contemporary
5.4 C/M Salsa
5.4 K/T Krump
5.4 C/M Broadway
6.8 K/J Viennese Waltx
9.8 C/T Hip Hop
10.4 J/W Quickstep
10.4 C/T Contemporary
11 K/T Smooth Tango

3.8 C/G
3.9 K/J
5.4 C/M
7.6 J/W
8.2 K/T
10.1 C/T

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •