The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I wish they'd put out seasons 1-3 on DVDs"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

SteveL 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-17-07, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SteveL Click to send private message to SteveL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I wish they'd put out seasons 1-3 on DVDs"
After last season, I asked Fox TV if they were going to issue a video of SYTYCD. I (surprisingly) got an answer. They told me that DVD production and sales were handled by Fox Home Video. When I asked Home video, I got no answer. I wonder if there are others out there who have an interest in buying DVD sets. Maybe a groundswell of interest would motivate Fox to act.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I wish they'd put out seasons 1... Glow 08-17-07 1
   RE: I wish they'd put out seasons 1... SilverStar 08-17-07 2
       RE: I wish they'd put out seasons 1... SteveL 08-17-07 4
           RE: I wish they'd put out seasons 1... qwertypie 08-18-07 6
 RE: I wish they'd put out seasons 1... syren 08-17-07 3
 RE: I wish they'd put out seasons 1... Sagebrush Dan 08-17-07 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-07, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I wish they'd put out seasons 1-3 on DVDs"
SilverStar and I were discussing this yesterday (off boards). She seemed to recall it being something with copyright stuff.

Syren outdid herself with this one.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I wish they'd put out seasons 1-3 on DVDs"
Yup. Specifically with the music copyrights. Total bummer because I would totally buy the dvds. Maybe someday...

Hey. Pretty spiffy sig you got there.

SteveL 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-17-07, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SteveL Click to send private message to SteveL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I wish they'd put out seasons 1-3 on DVDs"
Music copyrights and royalties can be easily handled if the sales would justify it. ASCAP and BMI are clearing houses for music royalties and they are used all the time by the movie and TV industries to license the use of recorded music in films, TV programs, commercials, etc. It all boils down to the dollars involved.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-07, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I wish they'd put out seasons 1-3 on DVDs"
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-07 AT 10:38 AM (EST)

SIGH. So true. That is why WKRP DVDs now has a studio band doing generic rock instead of the awesome music the series orginally had. (I think they could have at least sprung for the rights to a few songs that fit in so well -- like when Les was getting ready for his date with Jennifer, or the first song Johnny Fever played when the station switched formats.) But I digress.

I would so buy the SYTYCD DVDS even if they cost more for the music rights. Maybe they could keep the costs done by editting out the (mostly) horrible musical guests.

ETA Welcome SteveL to the boards, stick around for awhile!

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I wish they'd put out seasons 1-3 on DVDs"
Ohhh how I wish...then we could delete them from our DVR.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I wish they'd put out seasons 1-3 on DVDs"
Same here. I'd love to see them on DVD. I have most of last year and all of this year on VCR, but the quality ain't the greatest.

More wagging, less barking.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •