The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final 4 Rankings"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-07, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final 4 Rankings"
Wow that was great

First the solos

4. Lacey
3. Sabra
2. Neil
1. Danny WOWSA that was fabulous...I think he's better than Blake

Now the Partners

6. Neilbra Hip Hop--I agree with the judges on this one

5. Sabcey (the other way just isn't right!)Fox dance--I liked it more than the judges but not as great as the others

4. Dancey V Waltz-- Very pretty graceful Danny really is a great partner

3. Necey Lindy Hop-- I loved this so much energy...it was my favorite dance by Lacey all year...she really did partner well in it

2. DANBRA!! CHA CHA--they should have worked together more!! That was great...not the best CHA CHA but a great performance

1. DANEIL!!! Contemporary-- I loved it!!! Probably my favorite Mia choreo ever. I love Neil's hair like that..he should wear it like that more often and not the school boy look. He really did peak at the right time. Danny was great...I loved the clapping...perfect!

The only part that bothered me is that Neil missed his leap over Danny...I'm not sure who's fault it was. It looked ok but the leaps in the rehearsal were so much better.

Overall (just last nite)

3. Lacey and Sabra tied
2. Neil
1. Danny

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final 4 Rankings Glow 08-16-07 1
   RE: Final 4 Rankings syren 08-16-07 6
       RE: Final 4 Rankings Glow 08-17-07 10
 RE: Final 4 Rankings qwertypie 08-16-07 2
 RE: Final 4 Rankings SilverStar 08-16-07 3
 RE: Final 4 Rankings LadySusan 08-16-07 4
   RE: Final 4 Rankings bullzeye 08-16-07 7
       RE: Final 4 Rankings SilverStar 08-16-07 8
       RE: Final 4 Rankings LadySusan 08-16-07 9
 RE: Final 4 Rankings djandy 08-16-07 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final 4 Rankings"
"Danny WOWSA that was fabulous...I think he's better than Blake"
I was thinking that too but I'm not ready to say it just yet.
I would LOVE a Danny/Blake siggy to use for the remainder of this season and future SYTYCD discussions. *bats eyelashes*
When Nigel mentioned Blake to Danny, my husband paused it and didn't say anything. I said, "You're giving me a minute to gloat, right? Because I've been saying since Season 1 auditions that Blake..." and my husband was all, "yes, honey." (I never shut up about Blake and now he has to listen to me talking about Danny AND Blake for as long as this show airs. heh)

As far as rankings go, I'm just going to say that Danny had me choked up and pledging myself into forever fandom. He's AMAZING. I've been saying I'd like Sabra to win because I think a girl needs to win this show and because he's already a dancegod. But... I don't think I can accept anything but a Danny win at this point. When the four of them were on stage together? pffft. Give me a break! He puts them all to shame. (I tried voting from 10:02 until 11:51 and couldn't get through.)

Funny that the two best solo performances ever on this show were Queen songs. (Blake's "Body Language" and Danny's "We are the Champions")

Oh. And the interview piece with him? I just adore him. "I will never get tired of watching you dance." - Mary (not verbatim), I concur.
Did anybody see the sign last week that said "If Danny doesn't win, I'll quit dance"?

The Neil and Danny Mia Contemp was all awesome and stuff. Just wow.
I liked Wade's momma and baby fox routine.
Strangely, my favorite of the (different sex) couple dances was the Waltz because I... I'm not sure.
I've come around to Lacey. I was showing my mom some of the routines on the youtubey (could not find final 6 "Hide and Seek" from last season! Help!) and I realized that she really is pretty good. I think her not "using" her partner was killing her for me. And the mugging. God. The Schwimmers and their horrid mugging. gah. But she is good. I'm just partial to the contemporary dancers. I like the beauty of dance.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Final 4 Rankings"
Check your flag in about an hour.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Final 4 Rankings"
*twirl*

Syren outdid herself with this one.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final 4 Rankings"
First of all WILL SOMEONE RESTRAIN THE CAMERAMEN WITH DUCT TAPE AND JUST GIVE US ONE SHOT OF THE DANCING SO WE CAN SEE WHAT IS GOING ON? Sheesh. I DO NOT need or want to see a closeup of their faces. Dancers communicate with their whole bodies. So many brilliant, climatic parts of the routines were ruined because of crappy camera work. Doesn't the crew even show up to rehersals? I think the producer is randomly shouting out camera numbers with no rhyme or reason /rant

Solos
4. Lacey
3. Sabra - She seemed to overextend herself and always catch herself from muffing the landings (JMO). Again hard to tell with the STPUID CAMERA WORK
2. Neil
1. Danny - My mouth is still hanging open

Partner dances

6. Neilbra - Insipid. Very disappointed
5. Daneil - Contemporary. I am in the minority here. I just didn't get it. Neil bailed on the over the head move, they just weren't believable to me. I think if they had focussed their energy toward each other rather than outward, the 'struggle' would have read better.
4. Danbra - Cha Cha. They didn't gel for me. She definitely outdanced him on this one.
3. Foxy routine - Jidges - don't go hatin' Wade - I LOVED this routine. I thought for sure the gals were going to be dressed as ghouls/goblins/variations of the undead. I loved the japanese inspired song/kimonos. The gals kept in character as the mama fox and baby. Sabra's choreo as a rambunctious cub showed off her superior dance ability. I thought Lacey was good -- she was able to be subdued when the choreo called for it. I am wondering what Wade did to tick the judges off (C'mon, would any of us know what that self-indulgent piece of Mia dancing with her dad in heaven would be if she didn't tell us serveral times? At least there was DANCING in this one)
And for the top 2, it was a toss up between the Lindy-Hop (Neilcey) and the Viennese Waltz (Dancey)
The Lindy-Hop blew me away. Especially having enough energy to pull that off at the end of the night. I love Sabra but I don't think she could have pulled that off. Neil did much better than I had expected.
The Viennese Waltz was breathtaking. For Danny having no partnership training, he was amazing. That man's lines and carriage make my mouth water. So often, with non-ballroom trained dancers, they end up so far apart from each other, the man's posture suffers (shoulders hunched up, etc) and they don't move in sync. I think the best combination was chosen for this dance.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final 4 Rankings"
Great show last night! I was worried that it would be sucky like most of this season has, but it was really great.

1. Lacey/Sabra-- I loved this! I couldn't believe the judges comments. How could you not "get" that? It was the most thought out story I think we've seen all year. The tired momma fox brings the napping baby some food (scarf) and nudges her awake. The baby fox is frightened at first, but then she realizes it's her momma and she follows her around, mimicking her movements, until finally the momma fox gives a gentle nudge saying "Go. You're all grown up now." and they turn away from each other, but then the baby fox runs back to the momma for one more hug. Gah. It was beautiful. And the movements were so wonderful (Sabra's shaky legs upon first standing up and Lacey going to support her=brilliant) I thought it was awesome. (Obviously, since I've just written an essay about it.)

2. Danny/Neil-- Another awesome routine with a great story.

3. Lacey/Danny-- It was beautiful, but I was kinda annoyed that they did not get into a classic ballroom hold even once in this routine. Still, very good.

4. Sabra/Danny-- Wow. That part with the strobe lights really hurt my eyes. But it was a fun dance. Wish it would have been a little sexier, but I enjoyed it.

5. Lacey/Neil-- I think they were screwed with this dance. (see my comments on the ECST) but they did a good job. I think Lacey was better than Neil.

6. Sabra/Neil-- I did not like this hip hop. It was ok, but I was bored by it.

Solos:
1. DANNY!!!
-huge gap-
2. Neil
3. Lacey
4. Sabra

Flashy moves by Tribe!

LadySusan 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-16-07, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadySusan Click to send private message to LadySusan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final 4 Rankings"
This must be the place for those who liked and apprciated the Lacey/Sabra routine from last night. I really enjoyed it and thought that they did a great job. Would I have known they were foxes without being told? No. But I would have got mother/baby something like cats, dogs, lions, etc.

Part of me wants to rant about how the "feminine" qualities of love and nurturing were unappreciated and weird, while the "masculine" qualities of violence and ambition were praised and glorified. But I won't.

Don't get me wrong - I really liked the princes routine, not trying to take away from them. It was the judges that annoyed me.

My rankings from last night:

6) Sabra/Neil Hip hop. I liked it but I'm just not much into hip hop.
5) Lacey/Neil Lindy hop. I think they were tired. I'm surprised they didn't do this at the beginning of the show.
4) Lacey/Danny Waltz. I liked it, it was beautiful.
3) Neil/Danny Contemporary. It's kind of a tie with the next one..
2) Sabra/Lacey Jazz. What is the difference between Contemporary and Jazz?? These to me were designed to show off the "men" and the "women" and are therefore "equal". Some are more equal than others. I thought all four of them did a great job acting/dancing what they were given. I really liked them both.
1) Sabra/Danny Cha Cha. Ok I don't know anything about cha cha technique. But I know chemistry when I see it. They were totally into each other and into the music and I liked the way it built up and ended stronger than it started. Hot!

So...

4. Lacey
3. Neil
2. Danny
1. Sabra

Because I think Sabra did a fabulous job all the way through. I will be happy whoever wins. I think they all did a great job.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-16-07, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Final 4 Rankings"
Would I have known they were foxes without being told? No. But I would have got mother/baby something like cats, dogs, lions, etc.

You know? If I think about the performance with that perspective, I think I have to honestly change my initial opinion. You are 100% correct - it doesn't matter what the animals were - but it was obvious that it was a mother/daughter.

Thank you for that insight.

Snidget's to blame!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final 4 Rankings"
I just had my mom watch that dance (she doesn't watch the show) and I asked her what she thought it was about. She said "Well, I think it was about a mother bird bringing a worm to her baby and then they wrestled around for a little bit before she told her to go out on her own."

So yeah. I really can't understand how Nigel and Mary didn't get it.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

LadySusan 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-16-07, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadySusan Click to send private message to LadySusan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Final 4 Rankings"
I aim to please.

Woo-hoo! I have insight! Now to go apply it to this work I'm doing...

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-16-07, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final 4 Rankings"
Couples:

1.) Danny/Neil Contemporary - Wow! Loved it!
2.) Lacey/Danny Waltz - very elegant
3.) Lacey/Neil Lindy Hop - Very energetic at the end of a long show at the end of a long season.
4.) Sabra/Danny Cha Cha - The 2nd half was much better.
5.) Sabra/Lacey Jazz fox - More acting than dancing.
6.) Sabra/Neil Hip Hop - boring and not hard hitting enough.

Solos:
1.) Danny - Awesome!
HUGE GAP
2.) Neil
3.) Lacey
4.) Sabra - one of her split leaps she barely got past 90 degrees, and she seemed to fall and cover it up a lot. Was one of her weakest solos.

Final 4 night rankings:
1.) Danny (overall score 8)
2.) Neil (12)
3.) Lacey (13)
4.) Sabra (19)

Overall Season rankings:
1.) Sabra
2.) Danny
3.) Lacey
4.) Neil

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •