The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-28-07, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "

It's been so obvious to me from the beginning, that Lacey has been selected to win. Especially when the best dancers were voted off because they "had" to keep one-note Cedric around. Then all of a sudden the judges were upset because the audience kept him around an extra week. Yes, they all shed crocodile tears as they had to get rid of another "talented" dancer. Boo-hoo-hoo! Then there was the deliberate holding back of comments about how Lacey was doing even when she actually did manage to do a decent routine, but now? All of a sudden she's got that wind behind her pushing her to cross the finish line first! And who's her partner? Danny? What a coincidence! And Jamie got who?

I wish they wouldn't make their intentions so obvious. I am glad they switched the promos from "best" dancer to "America's favorite" dancer. Makes a huge difference especially since the best dancers were voted off the first two seasons.

Yawn! Guess the clueless Lacey will win. Mary will give one of her war whoops. (Lord, that woman is irritating.) Everyone will appear to be happy. And once again the audience loses and are told leftovers are filet mignon.

Lacey .... ugh! Reminds me of Britney Spears on steroids.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Snidget 07-28-07 1
   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... bullzeye 07-28-07 2
       RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Sagebrush Dan 07-28-07 4
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Sagebrush Dan 07-28-07 3
   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... StarryLuna 08-01-07 10
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 07-28-07 5
   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... bullzeye 07-29-07 7
       RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Snidget 07-29-07 8
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... arkiegrl 07-28-07 6
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... mattben 07-29-07 9
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-01-07 11
   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Magnolia_Rocker 08-02-07 12
       RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-03-07 13
           RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Magnolia_Rocker 08-03-07 14
               RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Sunny_Bunny 08-03-07 15
                   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... StarryLuna 08-03-07 17
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-03-07 16
   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... tvpam 08-08-07 19
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-03-07 18
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-08-07 20
   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Snidget 08-08-07 21
       RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... qwertypie 08-08-07 22
           RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Sunny_Bunny 08-08-07 24
   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... mattben 08-08-07 23
       RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-08-07 25
           RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Snidget 08-08-07 26
           RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Sunny_Bunny 08-08-07 27
               RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-09-07 28
                   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Snidget 08-09-07 29
                   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... qwertypie 08-09-07 30
                       RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-09-07 31
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-14-07 32
   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... qwertypie 08-14-07 33
       RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Vixxxen 08-14-07 34
       RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... MKitty 08-14-07 35
           RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... dragonflies 08-14-07 37
               RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Sagebrush Dan 08-14-07 40
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... truthteller 08-14-07 36
   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... qwertypie 08-14-07 38
       RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Sunny_Bunny 08-14-07 39
           RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-15-07 41
               RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... bullzeye 08-15-07 42
               RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Sunny_Bunny 08-15-07 43
                   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... mattben 08-15-07 44
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-15-07 45
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-16-07 46
   Ahem... Sunny_Bunny 08-16-07 47
   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... StarryLuna 08-16-07 48
       RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Magnolia_Rocker 08-16-07 49
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... jbug 08-16-07 50
 Neener neener and adios to this rid... Sagebrush Dan 08-16-07 51
   RE: Neener neener and adios to this... ulalame 08-17-07 52
       RE: Neener neener and adios to this... Sunny_Bunny 08-17-07 53
           RE: Neener neener and adios to this... dolphinluver990 08-17-07 54
               RE: Neener neener and adios to this... jbug 08-17-07 57
                   RE: Neener neener and adios to this... dolphinluver990 08-18-07 63
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Magnolia_Rocker 08-17-07 55
   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... dolphinluver990 08-17-07 56
       RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... dragonflies 08-17-07 59
           RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... dolphinluver990 08-18-07 64
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... qwertypie 08-17-07 58
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-17-07 60
   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Sagebrush Dan 08-17-07 61
       RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... qwertypie 08-17-07 62
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-18-07 65
   RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Sagebrush Dan 08-18-07 66
       RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-19-07 67
           RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... Sagebrush Dan 08-19-07 68
           RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... udg 08-20-07 69
               RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-21-07 70
 RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lace... DrKegel 08-21-07 71

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-28-07, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
And here I thought they were trying to force a Lauren win down our throat.

Tribaldancing!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-28-07, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
My thoughts exactly - I think the bias was much more obvious for Lauren than for Lacey, who, IMHO, can perform.

Snidget's to blame!

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-07, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Methinks there will be a Sabra vs. Lacey battle this year just as there was a Travis vs. Benji battle last year. Mia has already thrown in her opinion on the matter.
It's all apples and oranges. I'm impressed with both. Didn't think Lacey would be as good as she is.

More wagging, less barking.

07-28-07, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Watching the show is optional.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-07, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
*Smooches* I love you!

GO LACEY

It's a Syren kind of summer

07-28-07, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "

>My thoughts exactly - I think
>the bias was much more
>obvious for Lauren than for
>Lacey, who, IMHO, can perform.
>
>
>
>
>Snidget's to blame!

I believe the psychology is to bolster untalented performers like Lauren and keep them around whilst having really talented people voted off. This way teen heartthrob in her own mind Lacey gets to win easily.

Using the excuse of keeping "unique" dancers around got the judges the opportunity to knock off the best male dancers. I know, I know Danny is an excellent dancer, but totally unlikeable. He also does the exact same steps over and over again in his free dance. Don't see anyone voting for him. Plus he's one-tenth as brilliant as Blake was in the first season. However, just on the chance someone does actually know dance, they planted the "arrogant" seed that sure enough will blossom if they need to knock him off. Americans just don't like to vote for people they consider arrogant. Well, maybe in politics which this isn't. That's why we end up with Benji and now Lacey as "winners?" Winners in what exactly? Does anyone believe Benji was the most talented last year?

In terms of knowing that watching is optional, yeah, I do know that. I happen to like watching dance and used to have a season ticket to NYCB for many, many years. Occasionally ventured out to see ABT also. I enjoy watching talented dancers. I don't enjoy when a show is supposed to be a competition and really isn't.

Also saw similar psychology used on American Idol this year and I picked the winner long before she won.

And as for thinking Lacey is talented, I would like to see her do the free dance that Jamie did last time around. She'd end up on her buttisimo.

07-29-07, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I don't enjoy when a show is supposed to be a competition and really isn't.

Which is the risk involved with any reality tv program in which the "Winners" are selected by the public.

Snidget's to blame!

07-29-07, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I'm not totally sure the competitions that are judge-selected only rather than by popular vote pass the muster.

For a lot of things the criteria are so subjective that you would never get agreement over who is the best. All too often in the judges only chose who goes competitions it still seems that being "good tv" can trump talent.

When America votes personality/entertainment value often trumps technical brilliance.

I still think all of them are, in fact, competitions, it is just unless you can have a solid measure of performance subjective factors will always play a large role. It is easy when it is who ran faster, jumped higher, etc. It is much harder when it is whose spin was better.

Summertribe and the living is easy!

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-07, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
>I wish they wouldn't make their
>intentions so obvious. I am
>glad they switched the promos
>from "best" dancer to "America's
>favorite" dancer. Makes a huge
>difference especially since the best
>dancers were voted off the
>first two seasons.

I didn't watch season one, but I remember on season two, every time I heard a promo, it was for America's favorite dancer, not best.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-29-07, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-07 AT 03:20 PM (EST)

Can't say I see the "obvious designated favorite to win" about Lacey. Lauren is growing on me. I like all the girls left, though some have their limitations. A few of the guys I hope are the next to go, but overall this is a solid cast.

Can say I'm disappointed about how the choreography seems to have been dominant, and how the choreographers are taking turns being judges. Adam Shanklin was a welcome difference. And what the heck is Benji doing there?; a bit too much insider trading for my taste. And as for more conspiracy theories, I want to see Price Waterhouse or someone auditing the dance and partner hat-pullings.

The declaration of favorites by the judges, and their vacillation and changes regarding the criteria of judging contestants on (a) skill, (b) some subjective sense of "improvement," (c) just the dance for your life solos, (d) or overall, or (e) "uniqueness" is just fraught with the overall randomly subjective auditioning process which I guess they seek to reproduce. Don't forget some of the contestants are pros and some more or less amateurs. That skews the process already.

And now the process is in the hands of the fickle American dialup voting public (with "controls" to prevent "managed blocks of control or affecting the results" -- that's from the quick text at the end of the show).

The judges can still critique and name their favorites in an attempt to influence the calls, of course. But at least now they don't ultimately decide the winner.

The last 10 are on the 50-date tour. I'm sure they'll get paid well for it. I'm not crying too much for anyone who doesn't win.

08-01-07, 09:32 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "

Tonight proves my point.

Case closed.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-02-07, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I'm sorry, did you go spontaneously deaf during the judges comments to Sabra? She had to go backstage and towel off after the tongue baths. Lacey got good reviews after Mia's dance but I believe it was just because of the theme of the dance. She got a few slaps for the first one if you recall.

A Sharnina Creation

08-03-07, 07:41 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
>I'm sorry, did you go spontaneously
>deaf during the judges comments
>to Sabra? She had
>to go backstage and towel
>off after the tongue baths.
> Lacey got good reviews
>after Mia's dance but I
>believe it was just because
>of the theme of the
>dance. She got a
>few slaps for the first
>one if you recall.
>
>
>A Sharnina Creation

They've just learned psychology. It's taken them a good long time before they've started praising Lacey. Nothing too overt. She also hasn't been getting the harshest criticism if you'll notice - even when she's been absolutely dreadful .... like on Wednesday.

Wednesday was a perfect case of sabotage. Sara had one hot number and then was completely undermined. Horrible, horrible, horrible dance routine where both she and Danny spent all their time facing the floor, humping it. Great stuff! Oh, sure I'd vote for that. Then on top of the horrendous choreography (which the judges pointed out, but skewed the reason as to why they were choreographing so poorly. Said they were doing so to make the contestants look GOOD? Just Lacey which I'll get to.) they put Danny and Sara in ridiculous costumes which the judges then openly laughed at deriding them for something they couldn't possibly have done anything about. But to teenyboppers voting? Then the most absurd comment of all, Nigel criticizes for Sara dancing well? Huh? Says she should have tried to look bad to match Danny? What the?

Then we have Lacey's first number. Did you ever see a worse dancer on that program? Never. She was mesmerized by the camera and just kept staring icily and like a caraciture of someone trying to be sexy and something she's not. Then we come to her second number where Mia pulls out of her hat this sentimental, emotional fluff piece. Was it Adam (who is this jerk? Danny the best male dancer? Is he daft? Remember Blake? Obviously not.) who said it was one of the best dance numbers ever on TV? What? Let's see there were flowers all over the floor so the dancers did nothing more than run around the stage and toss flowers to each other. Neil did do a couple of nice leaps, but Lacey? Stood and watched ... mouth agape ... shades of Cedric. Now this is just the sort of piece that keeps Lacey out of the bottom since she's such an ARTISTE (saracasm).

At this point in the season, I stop watching much for the same reason I wouldn't knowingly watch a train accident. The solo dances last night proved it. Lacey stood and flailed that one leg from side-to-side and then just ran her hand through her hair. Now if Lauren had done that, they would have criticized her for not dancing ... but Lacey? Well, she can't be criticized for that since she can't dance period.

And she's arrogant about knowing she's going to win to boot.

Pssst ... the fix is in. Lacey please stop gloating about it, honey. You're still not a dancer.

08-03-07, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Wow, dislike Lacey much? I think you are letting your dislike of her blind you to the fact that the girl can indeed dance. Is she the best the show has ever seen? No. Is she the best so far this season technically? No. But to sit and say she has zero dance ability is preposterous. She overflows with personality which is why she has lasted longer than some of the others that were "technically" more advanced than she is. I think she has done amazingly well outside of her chosen style. I watch a lot of these talent type reality shows and know when the judges are pushing a contestant on the audience. Lacey is not it this season. First it was Lauren and now they have switched to Sabra, Sabra being a much better choice IMO.

A Sharnina Creation

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-07, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-07 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

They put Danny and Sara in ridiculous costumes which the judges then openly laughed at deriding them for something they couldn't possibly have done anything about.

Well a difference of perception here. They did laugh at the juvenile costumes, but followed that up with saying that costume choice was up to wardrobe, not the dancer. It was no different than when they said that the girl who did Ease on down the road with Cedric looked frumpy.

Then the most absurd comment of all, Nigel criticizes for Sara dancing well? Huh? Says she should have tried to look bad to match Danny? What the?

Again, your perception is off. He did not say Sara should have danced badly to match Danny. He said that since she is the B-girl, and hip hop is her specialty, and they are doing partners, then it was her job to help him out by reining in her performance or do making subtle adjustments to make his weakness look less obvious.

An example from my own experience as a dancer: I was in a group that was doing a very difficult routine to "One" from A Chorus Line. There was one dancer who clearly was not getting the routine like the rest of us, and during dress rehearsal kept mucking up a very tricky circle portion that had elaborate footwork. She consistently would make the wrong move whenever she crossed me. The choreographer kept yelling at ME who was doing the routine correctly to the point where I went diva on him and stomped off the stage. I was told to get back on stage, at which point I vocally stated what everyone else was thinking about this dancer. He responded by telling me that since I was the better dancer, it was MY responsibility to adjust subtly to "mask" her mistakes. In short, Nigel was NOT telling Sara to dance badly, he was telling her what my choreographer told me: when faced with weakness, the strongest have a responsibility to do whatever they can to mask that weakness on stage.

Lacey's first number was a bit "meh" I agree. But the judges did not just blast HER for not connecting with her partner, they blasted Neil as well. Both of them were playing to the camera and audience not each other, and were called on it. I will give it to you that Lacey does seem to be rather stuck on slut mode when she dances, she generates that character really well. But don't confuse that dance persona with who she is off stage.

Personally, I think the MM routine was a bit unfair, but I would say that no matter which couple had danced it. If you didn't know the back story, the dance would have been judged as a bit "meh." But, how can you possibly diss the choreography when the dance was so clearly emotionally tied to the choreographers life?

Adam did say that it was one of the best on TV, and I thought that a bit much, but he is consistently a much more soft ball judge compared to Nigel and Mary. And, if you look at the tape, Nigel did say "You didn't worry about technique, you just danced" {read emoted) which was really what the flower dance was all about. It was a very, very subtle way to say that he felt the dance was not Mia's usual technically killer stuff. And again, had Lauren or any other dancer done this routine, they would have told her the same thing.

Lacey is not my favorite, Sabra is. But to say Lacey doesn't belong where she is is a rather petty, immature thing to say. She does know how to dance, and she does have good technique. For some reason, her, Benji, and Heidi all have the same tendency to camp it up with facial expressions etc., but since they ALL do it, and they ALL had the same teacher (an award winning, dancing father) then I would say that was "trained" into them and it is extremely difficult to unlearn learned behaviors. If you have watched the show, the judges routinely tell Lacey to curb that faux pas, just as they kept telling Benji last season.

she's arrogant about knowing she's going to win to boot.

Obviously, you have never been in any sort of audition process in the entertainment field. You have to have the attitude that you are the best there is, or be eaten alive. Part of this is a mind game; the more confidence you have, the more nervous you make those less confident, which causes them to make mistakes. The more sure of yourself you are, the more likely that a casting director, a producer, a choreographer, or a director will believe you can deliver what they want you to - and hire you because of it. But again, don't perceive that audition/performance behavior to be what the person is outside the theater, because more often than not, it's stagecraft, not reality.

This girl has been trained by the best, was a champion herself at the Jr. level, has a brother who has won the show, and passed against hundreds of contestants to be on this show. Like Danny, who was also accused of being "arrogant," she simply knows her worth. But with their backgrounds, they have a right to be sure of themselves; which for some reason is perceived as "arrogance."

Don't stop watching the show. If one of your favorites is no longer in the running for the big prize, who cares?! Why not simply watch for the joy of watching 6 people who love to dance perform their hearts out?

ETC my sigpic.

08-03-07, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I.heart.you

08-03-07, 06:42 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
>Wow, dislike Lacey much? I
>think you are letting your
>dislike of her blind you
>to the fact that the
>girl can indeed dance.

Well, this is conjecutre at best since you don't can't possibly know why I think she can't dance. I mean I could easily reverse the logic you use and say that because you like Lacey, you think she's better than she is. I can't possibly know this either. Because of this, I think it best if we just agree that we have different opinions on her dancing abilities. I'll state why I think she's the worst dancer ever below another comment of yours.

>Is she the best the
>show has ever seen?
>No. Is she the
>best so far this season
>technically? No.

Okay, here is where I'll give technical reasons why I think she's the worst.

1. Performance-wise, I don't remember somebody mugging for the camera and ignoring their partner the way she does. Not even Danny was this bad. He sometimes ignored his partner, but never gave inappropriate facial expressions into the camera lens.

2. Her characters have all been the same. Outside of the Mia father died piece, she's been all teen slut. It shows absolutely no diversity. Everyone else I remember has at least tried to take on different characters in their dance numbers. Even dreadful Lauren did in Wade's number where she played innocent to Neal's devil.

3. In her solo, she did not ONE pirouette. Not a single turn. Name another dancer that's been this far along that has not performed any? And any great dancer should at least be able to accomplish a double turn with no difficulty.

4. She has not performed one grand jete or variation on this big jump. Has she jumping ability? Never have seen it none.

5. She's never performed adagio showing any sort of développé. A dancer should have développéat least 90 degrees in all directions. A proficient dancer should have développéat least 120 degrees in all directions. Lacey? Can't do it unless she throws her leg up in the air which is NOT développé because they must be able to HOLD the finished position when done.

Summing it all up, Lacey has no turns, no jumps and no développé. What does that leave? mugging and flailing around like a amorous fish. Everyone else on the program that I can remember had at least one of the above in their dance arsenal. Lacey doesn't.

Not sexy. Not a good dancer. In my opinion.

But
>to sit and say she
>has zero dance ability is
>preposterous.

See above. Not preposterous. True

She overflows with
>personality

She overflows all right.

which is why she
>has lasted longer than some
>of the others that were
>"technically" more advanced than she
>is.

Well, everyone and has been more technically advanced and it's again conjecture to try to say why she's lasted longer. You think that and I think it's psychological persuasion used by the judges.

I think she
>has done amazingly well outside
>of her chosen style.

What dance was this? Haven't see her branch out.

>I watch a lot of
>these talent type reality shows
>and know when the judges
>are pushing a contestant on
>the audience. Lacey is
>not it this season.

I don't think they're using this psychology. I've already said that. They're using the same psychology that got the talentless Jordan the title of "American Idol." Remember, she wasn't the favorite until the end.

>First it was Lauren and
>now they have switched to
>Sabra,

Yes.

Sabra being a much
>better choice IMO.
>

I AGREE WITH YOU!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXOOXOXOOX

SMOOCH KISS

tvpam 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-08-07, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvpam Click to send private message to tvpam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Wow! I got on this board just to see if anyone was bashing Lacey since that's what I want to do, though this was more than I saw coming...

Anyway, went to the see the show live last Thursday and my friend and I (who are both Sabra fans) also got to see the morning taping of the group dance where we stood next to the stage and grew to hate Lacey while watching her interact with the other dancers. She was very LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME the entire time we were there. It was ridiculous how annoying and immature she is.

We have decided to vote for Sabra and Lauren tomorrow and to encourage others to do the same just to get rid of this girl! I thought she'd be gone after Mia's running around the stage routine last week, but not even in the bottom two? We can do better than that - send her home! (I happen to believe my votes count!)

08-03-07, 07:33 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
>LAST EDITED ON 08-03-07
>AT 10:35 AM (EST)

>
>They put Danny and Sara in
>ridiculous costumes which the judges
>then openly laughed at deriding
>them for something they couldn't
>possibly have done anything about.

>
>
>Well a difference of perception here.
> They did laugh at
>the juvenile costumes, but followed
>that up with saying that
>costume choice was up to
>wardrobe, not the dancer.
>It was no different than
>when they said that the
>girl who did Ease on
>down the road
with Cedric
>looked frumpy.

No, the quote was "I SUPPOSE they had nothing to do with it." Plus whatever comment was made, it did not make up for the effect it had on the voting audience. They were supposed to be doing a hard hitting hip-hop routine. Fans of this genre are not going to be voting for two dancers dressed up like muppets. Ain'ta gonna happen. By making them look ridiculous, you knocked them out of the running at jumpstart. Didn't really matter what they did and they certainly outdanced Lacey in BOTH routines.

Sara had been a sexy favorite partly because of the way she looked. Take that anchor away and ... bye-bye competition for slutty Lacey!

>Then the most absurd comment of
>all, Nigel criticizes for Sara
>dancing well? Huh? Says she
>should have tried to look
>bad to match Danny? What
>the?

>
>Again, your perception is off.
>He did not say Sara
>should have danced badly to
>match Danny. He said
>that since she is the
>B-girl, and hip hop is
>her specialty, and they are
>doing partners, then it was
>her job to help him
>out by reining in her
>performance or do making subtle
>adjustments to make his weakness
>look less obvious.

And yet Nigel said the exact opposite to Cedric. Cedric had done a hip-hop spectacular and was told that he should have MADE UP FOR his partner's lack of skills by dancing his pants off and not holding back.

Which is it? It's whatever way aids Lacey to win! That's what I keep tellin' ya!

>
>An example from my own experience
>as a dancer: I was
>in a group that was
>doing a very difficult routine
>to "One" from A Chorus
>Line.
There was one
>dancer who clearly was not
>getting the routine like the
>rest of us, and during
>dress rehearsal kept mucking up
>a very tricky circle portion
>that had elaborate footwork.
>She consistently would make the
>wrong move whenever she crossed
>me. The choreographer kept
>yelling at ME who was
>doing the routine correctly to
>the point where I went
>diva on him and stomped
>off the stage. I
>was told to get back
>on stage, at which point
>I vocally stated what everyone
>else was thinking about this
>dancer. He responded by
>telling me that since I
>was the better dancer, it
>was MY responsibility to adjust
>subtly to "mask" her mistakes.

I can't help you worked with a jerk. I'll go out and spank him if it'll make you feel any better.

>In short, Nigel
>was NOT telling Sara to
>dance badly, he was telling
>her what my choreographer told
>me: when faced with
>weakness, the strongest have a
>responsibility to do whatever they
>can to mask that weakness
>on stage.

Yeah, mask the weakness by wearing big bright yellow outfits with 'PUSH IT' emblazoned across the front. Ah, right.

>
>
>Lacey's first number was a bit
>"meh" I agree. But
>the judges did not just
>blast HER for not connecting
>with her partner, they blasted
>Neil as well.

Why do people keep agreeing with me? That's the point I was making! Neal got dragged into it and THEY did not blast her, the horrible horsey Mary WAAAHHOOOOOO said this in relation to only ONE POINT IN THE DANCE NUMBER. The part where Neal knelt down her and turned her back and forth and yet you remember THEY blasted her and him throughout the routine. Hmmmmm... who's perception is off?

I'd say a telling point is them involving a non-guilty partner rather than just blast Slut Girl for being dreadful and being apparently in love with the camera.

I hope she doesn't imagine she looks good on camera and that's why she does this? Oh, well.

Both
>of them were playing to
>the camera and audience not
>each other, and were called
>on it. I will give
>it to you that Lacey
>does seem to be rather
>stuck on slut mode when
>she dances, she generates that
>character really well. But
>don't confuse that dance persona
>with who she is off
>stage.

Since I don't know her off the stage, I'm not confusing her. But we have had glimpses because in dance rehearsals she keeps raising her tops and flashing her lack of ah, assets. Even the choreographer she was working with said it was like working with someone on Spring Break.

Girls Gone Wild?

>
>Personally, I think the MM routine
>was a bit unfair,

Thanks for that.

>but

There's always a BUT!!!

>I would say that no
>matter which couple had danced
>it.

EXACTLY!!!! That's the point I'm making. Again, Lacey just COINCIDENTALLY dances this number which requires NO talent since flowers on the floor make it impossible to do dance moves.

If you didn't
>know the back story, the
>dance would have been judged
>as a bit "meh."

My point exactly hereinafter known as MPE

>But, how can you possibly
>diss the choreography when the
>dance was so clearly emotionally
>tied to the choreographers life?

MPE

>Adam did say that it was
>one of the best on
>TV, and I thought that
>a bit much, but he
>is consistently a much more
>soft ball judge compared to
>Nigel and Mary.

MPE

And,
>if you look at the
>tape, Nigel did say "You
>didn't worry about technique, you
>just danced" {read emoted) which
>was really what the flower
>dance was all about.
>It was a very, very
>subtle way to say that
>he felt the dance was
>not Mia's usual technically killer
>stuff. And again, had Lauren
>or any other dancer done
>this routine, they would have
>told her the same thing.

No, it was a way NOT to say that LACEY SUCKS!!!!

>Lacey is not my favorite, Sabra
>is. But to say
>Lacey doesn't belong where she
>is is a rather petty,
>immature thing to say.

It's my opinion. My opinion is not petty. It's as important and unimportant as everybody else's in the world.

>She does know how to
>dance, and she does have
>good technique.

See my comments above for the minimum requirements one must possess to be considered a good dancer.

For some
>reason, her, Benji, and Heidi
>all have the same tendency
>to camp it up with
>facial expressions etc.,

Benji sucked also. He was dreadful and yet I knew he would win because they got rid of all his competition just like they are doing now.

but since
>they ALL do it, and
>they ALL had the same
>teacher (an award winning, dancing
>father) then I would say
>that was "trained" into them
>and it is extremely difficult
>to unlearn learned behaviors.
>If you have watched the
>show, the judges routinely tell
>Lacey to curb that faux
>pas, just as they kept
>telling Benji last season.

I don't think so and it's not the only reason that this could happen. Very often someone will emulate someone else. Therefore one of them could have started doing this and some person with no taste ... oh, like ... LACEY .... could have started copying it because she thought it looked cool.

>she's arrogant about knowing she's going
>to win to boot.

>
>Obviously, you have never been in
>any sort of audition process
>in the entertainment field.

Conjecture.

>You have to have the
>attitude that you are the
>best there is, or be
>eaten alive.

Then why isn't Sabra like this? And you've said she's your favorite. You're contradicting your own logic as how to stand out and how to impress people with your skills.

Part of
>this is a mind game;
>the more confidence you have,
>the more nervous you make
>those less confident, which causes
>them to make mistakes.
>The more sure of yourself
>you are, the more likely
>that a casting director, a
>producer, a choreographer, or a
>director will believe you can
>deliver what they want you
>to - and hire you
>because of it. But
>again, don't perceive that audition/performance
>behavior to be what the
>person is outside the theater,
>because more often than not,
>it's stagecraft, not reality.

Nope, it's talent that outs. The mindgame is not letting others and the situation psyche you out. Have known BRILLIANT dancers that never got over the fear of the audience and these people were not arrogant in the slightest and danced for major companies.

So there you go. Anecdotal stories. Don't prove anything.

>
>This girl has been trained

What? She's had dance training? NO?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>by
>the best, was a champion
>herself at the Jr. level,
>has a brother who has
>won the show, and passed
>against hundreds of contestants to
>be on this show.
>Like Danny, who was also
>accused of being "arrogant," she
>simply knows her worth.
>But with their backgrounds, they
>have a right to be
>sure of themselves; which for
>some reason is perceived as
>"arrogance."

My feeling is you have to back-up your attitude. If Danny has attitude, he can because he is very good ... possibly great. I haven't seen him on stage (in person) and dancing difficult choreography. There is a certain something truly great dancers possess that surpasses technique. That's what I'm unsure about with him.

He also does the same moves over and over again.

>
>Don't stop watching the show.
>If one of your favorites
>is no longer in the
>running for the big prize,
>who cares?! Why not
>simply watch for the joy
>of watching 6 people who
>love to dance perform their
>hearts out?

I thank you for your comments, but I will stop watching the show. There's no one left in the competition that I care about winning. Therefore, it's the perfect time to stop watching. Plus the choreography has now officially bottomed out. It had been pretty good especially Wade's (is that his name) stuff. You'd think Sara would have ended up in the finals just for her first dance number and she wasn't even TRAINED in that genre, but knocked it out of the park.

No mugging, no inappropriate gestures, just pure dance and characterization.

Sara you rocked, babe!

>ETC my sigpic.
>
>

Again, thanks for the comments. It's always good to hear other's opinions.

08-08-07, 07:38 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
>Wow! I got on this
>board just to see if
>anyone was bashing Lacey since
>that's what I want to
>do, though this was more
>than I saw coming...
>
>Anyway, went to the see the
>show live last Thursday and
>my friend and I (who
>are both Sabra fans) also
>got to see the morning
>taping of the group dance
>where we stood next to
>the stage and grew to
>hate Lacey while watching her
>interact with the other dancers.
> She was very LOOK
>AT ME, LOOK AT ME
>the entire time we were
>there. It was ridiculous
>how annoying and immature she
>is.
>
>We have decided to vote for
>Sabra and Lauren tomorrow and
>to encourage others to do
>the same just to get
>rid of this girl!
>I thought she'd be gone
>after Mia's running around the
>stage routine last week, but
>not even in the bottom
>two? We can do
>better than that - send
>her home! (I happen
>to believe my votes count!)
>

It doesn't surprise me. And the way she acts is yet another reason I think the fix is in. The American audience hates arrogant dancers and yet when have any of the judges admonished her for being arrogant? Yet they called out the brilliant Blake in the first season and now Danny?

Thanks for your first-hand account. It just validates everything I thought about her, but again, the main thing is THAT SHE CAN'T DANCE!!!

08-08-07, 09:01 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
So I'm guessing in your opinion any Ballroom dance, even one who has won many championships is not really something that could be calleda dancer?

Yep, there are particular moves she has not trained for like a contemporary or ballet dancer has, but I cannot believe ballroom is not dance. It requires a different skill set than ballet or contemporary, but I do think that people who ballroom dance can dance.

I also think some of what seems to bother you is how the swing dancers are trained to perfom (based on all the ones I've seen on this show, mostly as I haven't trained in that, but I see certain habits in most of them). I don't fault her for not being able to turn that off, but I also don't blame the others for being unable to turn off their training in a heartbeat, either.

It is from my experience in movement arts (which is pretty varied and often at odds technique wise from something else I learned) that it is much harder unlearn somthing that you spend a lot of time training in.

I'm not rooting for her to win, but I can see why she was selected for the show. Even though at first I was not wanting to like Benji's sister at all (way too much nepotism this season, but I can understand why those who have been in the show encourage their friends/relatives in dance to try out).

FWIW I find Lauren's camera-seeking/ attention-seeking/ look at mee mee mee, not not them mee behavior to be at least as bad, if not worse than Laceys.

Summertribe and the living is easy!

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-07, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Thanks Snidge for putting muuch more eloquently than I could.

08-08-07, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Thank you Snidge, that reply was perfect.

But for the record to the original poster. I was not talking out of my tap shoes. I have been a working dancer/actress. I DO know about the mind games that go with auditions, and I do know how hard it is to "unlearn" certain mannerisms that come from teachers.

And also, I never said that the choreographer who raked me over the coals was a jerk, he was the best teacher I ever had. You entirely missed the point. If you are paired with a weaker dancer, it's your job as the better one to do whatever you can to make them look good.

08-08-07, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I think Lacey's the worst girl left.

But the phone-in vote is what counts now.

Wouldn't put it past the producers to rig it anyway.

08-08-07, 09:49 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
>So I'm guessing in your opinion
>any Ballroom dance, even one
>who has won many championships
>is not really something that
>could be called a dancer?
>
Nope. Cheryl Burke (think that's her name - the girl who won Dancing with the Stars twice) is a dancer down to her fingertips ... as are many other ballroom dancers on that show and in national/international championships.

>Yep, there are particular moves she
>has not trained for like
>a contemporary or ballet dancer
>has, but I cannot believe
>ballroom is not dance.
>It requires a different skill
>set than ballet or contemporary,
>but I do think that
>people who ballroom dance can
>dance.
>

Well, there's a couple of points here. The first one you make is correct that different classifications of dance require certain skills from a dancer. In other words, just because a ballroom dancer couldn't put on a pair of pointe shoes, would not disqualify them from being a dancer.

However, let's get into the premise of the show. The show is ostensibly about someone who can CROSS and GO BEYOND their particular genre of dance. They are expected to excel at other types of dances and if they're not ... bye-bye!

Now take Lacey's brother (no, I mean really take him!). I was not a big fan of his, but he did dance different styles and performed unassisted double turns if memory serves me correctly. I don't know if he did more than a double, but I would swear he did unassisted turns. Therefore, he stayed within the shows guidelines and did indeed show he could do much more than what he been specializing in dancing.

And let me assure you that if a jazz or contemporary dancer in NY showed up for an audition and could not perform a double unassisted turn or big jumps - they would not be getting a job anytime soon. It's just that there are certain requirements across the board.

>I also think some of what
>seems to bother you is
>how the swing dancers are
>trained to perfom (based on
>all the ones I've seen
>on this show, mostly as
>I haven't trained in that,
>but I see certain habits
>in most of them).
>I don't fault her for
>not being able to turn
>that off, but I also
>don't blame the others for
>being unable to turn off
>their training in a heartbeat,
>either.
>

Nope. See above my comments about Benji. What bothers me about Lacey is she's a one-note wonder ... and an untalented one. I happened to channel surf this evening (not watching the show for the reasons above) and I flipped the channel and saw her butt stuck right into the camera. I was like, hmmm, Lacey acting like a slut? How unlike her? So uncharacteristic of the dear girl. She also kicked her leg up in the air and that was about it. She ended up splayed on the floor trying to hit some sort of provocative pose. It was pretty pathetic. It's supposed to be a dance competition so I believe she should concentrate on dancing, but there was not one step, not one movement in her entire routine that was difficult in the slightest. Having been trained in ballet, I could have danced what she did in my sleep. The split on the floor was ridiculous. Jamie did splits in adagio - holding her leg up in controlled fashion. To use force to attain a split is stupid. It shows nothing.

It also bothers me that the show is rigged for her to win.

>It is from my experience in
>movement arts (which is pretty
>varied and often at odds
>technique wise from something else
>I learned) that it is
>much harder unlearn somthing that
>you spend a lot of
>time training in.
>

I don't necessarily agree with this. It's hard either way - to learn and to unlearn something. I personally found it easier to stop doing something. The only caveat was when I was convinced it looked good and the teacher didn't know what she/he was talking about. Then I'd go right on making an idiot of myself.

>I'm not rooting for her to
>win, but I can see
>why she was selected for
>the show. Even though
>at first I was not
>wanting to like Benji's sister
>at all (way too much
>nepotism this season, but I
>can understand why those who
>have been in the show
>encourage their friends/relatives in dance
>to try out).
>

She should have been gone the second week.

>FWIW I find Lauren's camera-seeking/ attention-seeking/
>look at mee mee mee,
>not not them mee behavior
>to be at least as
>bad, if not worse than
>Laceys.

I'm not a fan of Lauren and agree. The only reason Lauren's around is because the judges feel she's more unpopular than Lacey and if Lacey does ever get in the bottom two, they can easily get rid of Lauren for a multitude of reasons.

--------------------------------------

>Thank you Snidge, that reply was
>perfect.
>
>But for the record to the
>original poster. I was
>not talking out of my
>tap shoes. I have
>been a working dancer/actress.
>I DO know about the
>mind games that go with
>auditions, and I do know
>how hard it is to
>"unlearn" certain mannerisms that come
>from teachers.
>

Well, that doesn't explain Sabra. She doesn't seem to have to engage in these sorts of things. Neal doesn't seem to either. So just because some do, not everyone does.

As stated above, I found unlearning mannerisms easy. They're just habits. You don't do it and your body quickly forgets about doing it.

>And also, I never said that
>the choreographer who raked me
>over the coals was a
>jerk, he was the best
>teacher I ever had.
>You entirely missed the
>point. If you are
>paired with a weaker dancer,
>it's your job as the
>better one to do whatever
>you can to make them
>look good.
>

I know that. I did. And I never heard of a choreographer that was a teacher except in those ghastly recitals at dance school. Well, they're not all ghastly I suppose.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked whoever it was. Sounds like a jerk to me.

>I think Lacey's the worst girl
>left.
>

Too true!!!!

>But the phone-in vote is what
>counts now.
>
>Wouldn't put it past the producers
>to rig it anyway.
>
>
>

I wouldn't put it past them and they are doing it.

Watch the untalented Lacey sweep the competition!!!!

Thank you for your comments.

That's for everyone.

08-08-07, 10:17 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-07 AT 06:50 AM (EST)

I don't necessarily agree with this. It's hard either way - to learn and to unlearn something. I personally found it easier to stop doing something. The only caveat was when I was convinced it looked good and the teacher didn't know what she/he was talking about. Then I'd go right on making an idiot of myself.

Perhaps you are far more talented than I.

I find certain things extremely hard to stop completely.

A recent example is that when those of us at my T'ai Chi school who started in Chen style do Hao it ends up being what we call "Chow" style as it is very hard to get the Chen out of the Hao, pretty much for all of us, not just me. While there are a lot of stylistic differences the movements of Hao are based on the Chen just evolved through several styles in between. They should look completely different, but you can usually tell who in a Hao class did Chen first.

I still find in my T'ai Chi that my Mime hands crop up when I try to do Fa Jing. Unfortunately they are in some ways similar but yet very different and isn't easy for me to get rid of. Mime is hard muscular pop at the end of a movement, like the hand hitting the wall, where Fa Jing requires relaxation to be done properly, but is also at the end of a movement. I really have to concentrate to get the new movement to supplant the old. If I am focusing on another part of the body, like getting my knee to be in the right place the hands go back to the old pattern rather than the new one I want them to have.

Conversely the Mime training does help in the having my hands in T'ai Chi have "aliveness" rather than being dead things hanging off the end of the arm. I'm used to making it look like I am doing something with an imaginary object and T'ai Chi is shadow boxing so any given move has a martial application where there would be an person you are doing something to. Guide the punch away chop up into the armpit, lock the elbow joint then break it. White ape offers fruit that comes right after a groin punch. But it is a gentle art.

ETA: Yes I started in Dance but minor physical limitations prevent getting good enough to do it for anything other than pure enjoyment. I was quite competent at everything we did in class, but was not going to be able to execute things at the level required of a professional. Dance class was actually what my doctor "prescribed" when I was three to help with some of those limitations and I do believe it did me a world of good even if it couldn't lead to a career.

08-08-07, 10:25 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I know that. I did. And I never heard of a choreographer that was a teacher except in those ghastly recitals at dance school. Well, they're not all ghastly I suppose.

Ah, so now the insults come out.

I always considered any choreographer I worked with as a teacher, because I learned something from every one I ever came in contact with. And I assure you, I am not talking about "ghastly recitals." You don't get paid for recitals, good or ghastly. As for the Jerk (lol) since I worked with him more than once, I learned quite a bit from him.

08-09-07, 08:31 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
>LAST EDITED ON 08-09-07
>AT 06:50 AM (EST)

>
>I don't necessarily agree with this.
>It's hard either way -
>to learn and to unlearn
>something. I personally found it
>easier to stop doing something.
>The only caveat was when
>I was convinced it looked
>good and the teacher didn't
>know what she/he was talking
>about. Then I'd go right
>on making an idiot of
>myself.

>
>Perhaps you are far more talented
>than I.
>
>I find certain things extremely hard
>to stop completely.
>
>A recent example is that when
>those of us at my
>T'ai Chi school who started
>in Chen style do Hao
>it ends up being what
>we call "Chow" style as
>it is very hard to
>get the Chen out of
>the Hao, pretty much for
>all of us, not just
>me. While there are
>a lot of stylistic differences
>the movements of Hao are
>based on the Chen just
>evolved through several styles in
>between. They should look
>completely different, but you can
>usually tell who in a
>Hao class did Chen first.
>
>
>I still find in my T'ai
>Chi that my Mime hands
>crop up when I try
>to do Fa Jing.
>Unfortunately they are in some
>ways similar but yet very
>different and isn't easy for
>me to get rid of.
>Mime is hard muscular pop
>at the end of a
>movement, like the hand hitting
>the wall, where Fa Jing
>requires relaxation to be done
>properly, but is also at
>the end of a movement.
>I really have to concentrate
>to get the new movement
>to supplant the old.
>If I am focusing on
>another part of the body,
>like getting my knee to
>be in the right place
>the hands go back to
>the old pattern rather than
>the new one I want
>them to have.
>
>Conversely the Mime training does help
>in the having my hands
>in T'ai Chi have "aliveness"
>rather than being dead things
>hanging off the end of
>the arm. I'm used
>to making it look like
>I am doing something with
>an imaginary object and T'ai
>Chi is shadow boxing so
>any given move has a
>martial application where there would
>be an person you are
>doing something to. Guide
>the punch away chop up
>into the armpit, lock the
>elbow joint then break it.
> White ape offers fruit
>that comes right after a
>groin punch. But it
>is a gentle art.
>
>
>ETA: Yes I started in Dance
>but minor physical limitations prevent
>getting good enough to do
>it for anything other than
>pure enjoyment. I was
>quite competent at everything we
>did in class, but was
>not going to be able
>to execute things at the
>level required of a professional.
> Dance class was actually
>what my doctor "prescribed" when
>I was three to help
>with some of those limitations
>and I do believe it
>did me a world of
>good even if it couldn't
>lead to a career.

Thank you for the info. Many people were prescribed dance by a doctor. In most cases, it does help since it's great physical training or therapy.

I think this is going far afield. You're getting into subjective values, i.e., whether you or I think it's difficult to unlearn or learn something. It's fun to discuss, but has nothing to do with the competition.

The show established rules for the competition and part of the rules were that dancers needed to prove they could cross over to other styles of dance successfully. I am on solid ground in criticizing someone or saying someone should be thrown off the show for failing to do so. The judges have done this and repeatedly given this as a reason.

Part of crossing over means to drop habits and personal touches and take on the role of whatever character you're supposed to be portraying. Therefore, it's required that everyone in the competition can do this. If you're saying that it's impossible or very hard for Lacey to do this because she hasn't as yet done it - then you're agreeing with me in that she should have been dropped from the compeition since everyone else that failed to do that is gone.

>I know that. I did. And
>I never heard of a
>choreographer that was a teacher
>except in those ghastly recitals
>at dance school. Well, they're
>not all ghastly I suppose.

>
>
>Ah, so now the insults come
>out.
>
>I always considered any choreographer I
>worked with as a teacher,
>because I learned something from
>every one I ever came
>in contact with. And
>I assure you, I am
>not talking about "ghastly recitals."
> You don't get paid
>for recitals, good or ghastly.
> As for the Jerk
>(lol) since I worked with
>him more than once, I
>learned quite a bit from
>him.
>
>
>

I didn't have the same reaction. Some were great, but I felt most were just impediments.

I think the same applies for this show. Yikes! I would be really unhappy to pick some of those names out of the hat!

08-09-07, 08:56 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

I think all of the top 6 have shown that they can do something other than just their specific style. Some better than others, but for each of them I can think of a dance where hey did not 100% in every way drop everything specific to their most trained style. I see some bleed through for all of them.

So I think what you are saying Lacey cannot do, is something none of them really have done to the level you seem to think is required.

Do you still think they are pimping Lacey for the win given she was the only one on 8/8 show that actually got some critique. The rest of the top 6 got totally tongue bathed by the judges, IMO. Everyone was very good, but I didn't think every dance was the best dance ev-ah like the judges did. They all did step up the game, but there was so much over-the-top praise for everyone but Lacey that it annoyed me.

08-09-07, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I think the same applies for this show. Yikes! I would be really unhappy to pick some of those names out of the hat!

I am with you there.

Can you imagine Qwertypie doing an Alex da Silva special? Of course Qwerty would have to take him out so he couldn't maim again. Why is she talking to herself in the third person? This cannot be a good development. Qwerty needs to get some more sleep

08-09-07, 06:40 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
>Well I guess we will have
>to agree to disagree.
>
>I think all of the top
>6 have shown that they
>can do something other than
>just their specific style.
>Some better than others, but
>for each of them I
>can think of a dance
>where hey did not 100%
>in every way drop everything
>specific to their most trained
>style. I see some
>bleed through for all of
>them.
>
>So I think what you are
>saying Lacey cannot do, is
>something none of them really
>have done to the level
>you seem to think is
>required.
>
>Do you still think they are
>pimping Lacey for the win
>given she was the only
>one on 8/8 show that
>actually got some critique.
>The rest of the top
>6 got totally tongue bathed
>by the judges, IMO.
>Everyone was very good, but
>I didn't think every dance
>was the best dance ev-ah
>like the judges did.
>They all did step up
>the game, but there was
>so much over-the-top praise for
>everyone but Lacey that it
>annoyed me.

Yes, I absolutely think they are still pimping Lacey and pushing her to win. I didn't watch the show, but it fits in perfectly with the psychology being used that they're not "overpraising" her at this point. They'll reluctantly cut someone else and then in the finals you watch the tongues come out for her!

>I think the same applies for
>this show. Yikes! I would
>be really unhappy to pick
>some of those names out
>of the hat!
>

>I am with you there.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Can you
>imagine Qwertypie doing an Alex
>da Silva special? Of
>course Qwerty would have to
>take him out so he
>couldn't maim again. Why
>is she talking to herself
>in the third person?
>This cannot be a good
>development. Qwerty needs to
>get some more sleep

At last we agree about something!

Yeah!

08-14-07, 06:26 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "

Well, it's all going according to plan. And I hate to say that I was right about Lauren being kept around just so they'd have someone to kick off so weetle untalented Lacey can make it into the finals. Believe me, they must have had a tough time indeed finding someone worse than Lacey hence the cross-country search.

The show should be ashamed of itself for having someone of Lacey's incompetence in the finals. It invalidates itself when it does things like this.

08-14-07, 10:11 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Still think it's going to be a Sabra win.

Vixxxen 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-14-07, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Vixxxen Click to send private message to Vixxxen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I think Sabra's going to win as well. Lacey reminds me of Anya as she is not a very good solo dancer. Lacey's brother is a more talented solo dancer.

I think that the top vote getters are Lacey (can't understand why when her solos suck compared to Sabra) and Danny. Sabra is better at dancing overall compared to Lacey.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-14-07, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I agree. I think the tide has turned against Lacey once she started doing solos..as Sabra is obviously much more talented in that department. I think it will Sabra or one of the boys..but definately NOT Lacey. Personally, I would be happy with any of those three to win...

*Sandcastles courtesy of Agman*

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-07, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I completely agree with mkitty.

Tribe danced me!

08-14-07, 06:46 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Me too. I've long since fallen out of any kind of love for Lacey.

truthteller 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-07, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail truthteller Click to send private message to truthteller Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Lacy is a good dancer but I personally don't want her to win. She focuses to much on herself. Her face is to long and her hair looks dirty. She's scary looking. My favorite was Jamie. She was a beautiful dancer and wasn't always sticking her but out like Lacy. Lacy likes to be the center of attention.

08-14-07, 04:05 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Welcome to the boards truthteller!

One of the funniest lines was when Lacey said she thought she stuck her butt in the camera during her solo. Ya think?

08-14-07, 05:22 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I loved that line too. Like she didn't have any clue where the camera's were, when she shook her groove thing in a fringy dress?

Her nose smashed through the camera lens on that one. lol

08-15-07, 07:15 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "

>I think Sabra's going to win
>as well. Lacey reminds
>me of Anya as she
>is not a very good
>solo dancer. Lacey's brother
>is a more talented solo
>dancer.
>
>I think that the top vote
>getters are Lacey (can't understand
>why when her solos suck
>compared to Sabra) and Danny.
>Sabra is better at dancing
>overall compared to Lacey.

From your lips to God's ear and definitely Lacey's brother is a more talented solo dancer. More talented period.

======================

>I agree. I think the tide
>has turned against Lacey once
>she started doing solos..as Sabra
>is obviously much more talented
>in that department. I think
>it will Sabra or one
>of the boys..but definately NOT
>Lacey. Personally, I would
>be happy with any of
>those three to win...
>
>*Sandcastles courtesy of Agman*
>

If she's not going to win, then why the heck is she in the finals?

This competition is fixed. It has to be. Notice how she's not a strong soloist ... in other words, she sucks. But due to careful placement of Lacey with a most excellent dancer and partner, WE NEVER SAW HOW BAD SHE REALLY IS UNTIL THE END!

And man, she's awful, but she'd win, "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE A LIVING DANCING AROUND A POLE IN VEGAS?" hands down.

>I completely agree with mkitty.
>
>
>Tribe danced me!

Um, okay. Well, we'll seeeeeeeeee. Don't blame me when Lacey fakes being gracious at winning.

>Me too. I've long since
>fallen out of any kind
>of love for Lacey.
>
>
>
>More wagging, less
>barking.

You're getting my hopes up with your enthusiasm.

>Lacy is a good dancer but
>I personally don't want her
>to win.

I think all of America except the judgs on this show do not want her to win!

>Welcome to the boards truthteller!
>
>One of the funniest lines was
>when Lacey said she thought
>she stuck her butt in
>the camera during her solo.
> Ya think?

Since I haven't been watching, didn't she know she said that. That is remarkably funny since she timed it perfectly and was less than an inch from the lens. In an earlier post, I was assaulted by that shot when channel surfing.

I'm still nauseated.

>I loved that line too.
>Like she didn't have any
>clue where the camera's were,
>when she shook her groove
>thing in a fringy dress?
>
>>Her nose smashed through the camera
>lens on that one. lol
>
>
>

I'm an etenal optimist and your posts are feeding into this. I actually am starting to believe she won't win, when I know she will. Am now tempted to turn on the finals and watch to see how badly she does. It would also be a hoot to watch her lose and start throwing things all around the studio. Whoever wins better hope they're faster than Lacey cause she'll just start swinging ... not dancewise. Probably scream something like, "Why?!!! Why?!!! Why do lesser mortals win contests that I alone deserve!!!! I am Lacey the Great!!!! Lace the Great, do you hear me?!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Then she'll stick her butt in the camera and think it's cool.

08-15-07, 10:39 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
And man, she's awful, but she'd win, "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE A LIVING DANCING AROUND A POLE IN VEGAS?" hands down.

*snort*

My opinion of Lacey has changed as the competition has progressed. I do think she is talented, but agree that her solos have been much weaker than many of the others. I believe she will be the next to go.

Snidget's to blame!

08-15-07, 06:39 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I Am now tempted to turn on the finals and watch to see how badly she does.

Give in to your temptation Doc ... come over to the Sunny side ... say it with me ... watch with optimistic bunny ... watch with optimistic bunny ...

But don't you DARE shake your tush at the camera!

08-15-07, 07:09 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
<-- does the bunny dance, but is careful not to turn around.

08-15-07, 08:25 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "

I'm watching. Will not breathe a word about it, but see my posts in the spoiler thread.

I will abide by the rules, sir! Or ma'am!

08-16-07, 07:04 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "

Last night proved it. Everyone had questions as to why everybody in the previous week got tongue baths, but Lacey. I said it was all part of the psychology of not appearing too obvious and that it would all turnaround in the finals ... and it did!

The dismissal and refusal to judge the routine Lacey and Sabra performed because the lying, very invalid Nigel said he "didn't understand it." Since when is understanding a dance routine a prerequisite for judging someone's movements? It isn't. This completely invalidated what Sabra did, and unless one understands dance, which the audience doesn't or they wouldn't keep voting for the untalented Lacey. Gawd! I couldn't help but laughing when Lace tried to walk animalistically in to wake up her sleeping baby Sabra. The movement should have been like a cat prowling through the jungle - it was more like Lindsay Lohan sneaking in after an all-night drug/booze binge so she doesn't wake her sleeping parent. But Sabra got it. Her movements were strong and like a lion at play. There was so much difference between the way they danced the steps - well, Lace didn't dance it - she walked it. Why didn't the judges point this out? Nope, invalidated both of them with the shaking of the heads and saying, "just didn't get it!"

Then Lacey gets a waltz that she ruins with her little curled-up toes. Does she even know how to point her feet? And anticipating the floor when a partner is setting you down is a HUGE no-no!!! If a dance teacher or worse a choreographer sees you doing that, you will never walk the same or be able to have children by the time they get done with you. Apparently the judges just didn't get the waltz either because they failed to mention anything about it! They also didn't mention that she didn't look at her partner either. Kept focus on the camera although why she'd want a face like she's got to be photographed is beyond me. She should have been hiding behind the curtain, but apparently she's delusional and actually thinks she's talented. Maybe the judges are having a shared dream?

Lace then did swing. HORRIBLE!!!!! Her movements were all wrong. No energy. Tentative. No joy. No enjoyment. No bounce. NOTHING. Dead face of fear which she should have had because she was DREADFUL! The judges apparently didn't notice. The paid-off Nigel mumbled something about how tough it was to keep the energy up all through a dance like that letting her off the hook. The fact that she didn't have energy to start with wasn't mentioned. And the rest of the judges got in line and praised Lace saving their disdain for .... SABRA AND DANNY!!!! Surprise! Surprise! Not for me.

I wanted to see Sabra and Danny dance together so actually watched this stupid show. They were fantabulous. Sabra was so incredibly hot oozing sexuality and control. Danny was most excellent, but the judges? Nigel made some demeaning, ridiculous, negative comment about an aspect of Latin dance and saying it takes 160 years to learn. Really? Then how come he never mentioned this fact when Lace attempted her Latin dance? They all criticized Sabra and Danny looking much like they just saw a little bird crash into a window and die on the stage instead of watching a really hot, thoroughly enjoyable, excellently executed dance number.

This whole show is rigged. It was so ridiculous. I find it so funny about Nigel and his la-dee-da attitude of helping the arts when it's all about the money. Have no idea what went on behind the scenes to decide Lacey was going to win, but - as they say - the fixed was in from the beginning.

All ye who dare, prepare yeselves for Lacey being America's Favorite Dancer! She's also America's Least Talented Dancer, but hey, as long as Nigel and the rest of the paid-off judges have that cash in their pockets from gullible Americans watching their stupid show they really don't care.

I do hope someone puts on a real dance show sometime. I'd like to see what real dancers can do when given an actual routine. Oh, and I did have to laugh about the first number. Lacey actually tried A SINGLE TURN ON HER OWN!!!! Very funny. I laughed and laughed. She even fell out of those!!!! Come on, Lace! A single turn?

What a joke.

08-16-07, 09:16 AM (EST)
47. "Ahem..."
But you are going to come in and snark the finale show with us again right? I'm going to bring in vats of margaritas, and I promise to cover the floor in plastic in case your head explodes if Lacey wins tonight.

The movement should have been like a cat prowling through the jungle - it was more like Lindsay Lohan sneaking in after an all-night drug/booze binge so she doesn't wake her sleeping parent.

Bwahahahahahahaha! You have the makings of a first class snarker! It would be a shame if you let this show upset you so much that you never let that talent shine through!

I know that Lacey is the weakest of the four remaining dancers. We all know that there is very little "reality" in reality tv. So just let all that go, and come into the snark with your claws out.

08-16-07, 03:52 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
My cod, if you hate this show and the way it works and how Americans vote so freaking much, WHY DO YOU KEEP WATCHING?!?!?!?

08-16-07, 03:58 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
*SMOOCH!!!* Thank you Luna!!! This thread has really turned me off this board for the season. And I'm not rooting for Lacey either but dang, all 4 deserved to be there last night.

A Sharnina Creation

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Uh, what is the title of this thread?
I don't get it.

Butch bobble by Tribe

08-16-07, 11:51 PM (EST)
51. "Neener neener and adios to this ridiculous thread"

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-17-07, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Neener neener and adios to this ridiculous thread"
Werd!!

08-17-07, 02:29 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Neener neener and adios to this ridiculous thread"

dolphinluver990 7 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 06:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dolphinluver990 Click to send private message to dolphinluver990 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Neener neener and adios to this ridiculous thread"
I got a sn just for this post. UM Doc....guess who won last night?? The girl I thought would SABRA!! So your theory is out the door. Sorry honey, but you put a lot of emotion into your entertaining post. Thanks for the laughs and thought provoking entertainment. ;)

Congrats Sabra. Truly you are a wonderful dancer. Ever changing and evolving...

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Neener neener and adios to this ridiculous thread"
There's always something that will bring in the good guys (you are a good guy, aren't you?)

So,

and stick around for lots of fun!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

08-18-07, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dolphinluver990 Click to send private message to dolphinluver990 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Neener neener and adios to this ridiculous thread"
Thanks Jbug, yep I am one of the good guys.

08-17-07, 08:27 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
OMGosh...this is soooo gratifying. What? She didn't win??? What? She didn't storm off the stage??? *starts baking up a fresh Humble Pie for the good Dr.*

A Sharnina Creation

08-17-07, 08:37 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
>OMGosh...this is soooo gratifying. What?
> She didn't win???
>What? She didn't storm
>off the stage??? *starts
>baking up a fresh Humble
>Pie for the good Dr.*
>
>
>
>
>
>A Sharnina Creation

That just isn't nice when someone is drinking a GREAT cup of coffee. LOL thanks for the laugh. Lacey handled herself very well and she knew she was going. She is a great dancer, perfect no but who is. Great personality. I wish them all the best. Their careers are on the journey.

Last night I thought to myself, "self, you would have done good on this show when you were their age." Sometimes I wish there were such shows back in the day. They all learned so much about dance and I'm certain about themselves as well. Kudo's to all of them for having the bravery (if that's a word) to do this in front of millions.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I just wanna know if self answered. Cause mine never does.

08-18-07, 07:58 AM (EST)
64. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Self NEVER :/

08-17-07, 10:28 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Thanks Dr. Kegel!
Believe or not, I really enjoyed this thread (but I am usually the one IRL being accused of seeing conspiracies everywhere. Just don't get me started about Disney's It Who Must Not Be Named's quest for world domination).
And to Lacey's non-win, maybe Doc had a hand in this by sounding the alarm often and early

08-17-07, 08:05 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "

Thank you to all who have contributed to this post and all who've said they loved/hated/don't understand it. It gladdens my heart that you've dropped by to say anything at all.

Yes, in order to post one must be able to deliver a good ride replete with a villain (snark snark) and a happy ending.

I like the idea that I influenced the "conspiracy" and put the show on guard that I found them out. They had no choice, but to declare another the winner. And after all their planning!!!!

Nigel, Mary, Adam (Oh, God, no!) I'm gonna be watchin' next year and gonna keep you guys honest not that you haven't been thoroughly dishonest up to this point. You haven't picked the best dancer in any of your seasons to date. Maybe you can learn to put your money where your mouth is and see to it that the most talented one wins, eh? Until then, your collective integrity is in question especially when you keep a pole dancer like Lacey around and select people like Blake to leave.

Again, thanks posters for stopping by. Till next year!

08-17-07, 11:22 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
First off, my apologies for my snarkiness. I really really hated you. I blame the painkillers, cuz now I feel stupid.

I was rooting for Lacey to win until your #%#^% thread came along, and I was gonna die before I'd see you proven right.

To be honest, I think the judges were concerned Lacey would win and heaped tons of praise on both Danny and Sabra. If there was any kind of conspiracy, I'd say it was along those lines, and the conspirators won. IMHO, Lacey had the most personality and the ability to pop that personality right into the viewer's face, whether they liked it or not. It was a shame that she couldn't transfer that ability to connect to her partner, which is what her brother could do quite easily.

All in all, I think either Danny or Sabra was the best choice. It was the last solos where I saw Sabra mop Lacey all over the floor with raw dancing talent.
Lacey lost me completely when she said that she didn't even want to dance. It always seemed to me that she was just walking through this thing and lacked the hunger that the other contestants had. That's also what shone through in her brother was his rapacious hunger to win no matter what it took. She didn't have that.

Gee, I wish I was off these painkillers weeks ago. I could have had a lot of fun in this thread.

One question, DrKegel. Why a conspiracy? What would anyone gain by Lacey winning? There are no multi-million dollar recording contracts involved. All of the contestants here, winners and losers, face a future of relative oblivion. Other than pride, no one really had anything to gain by Lacey winning, so there was no need for a conspiracy.
Anyway, that's my two cents.

08-17-07, 11:34 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
I am trying to find out if Disney that corporation that must not be named, has any hand in this.

08-18-07, 10:14 AM (EST)
65. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "

>First off, my apologies for my
>snarkiness. I really really
>hated you. I blame
>the painkillers, cuz now I
>feel stupid.
>

No need to apologize. Loved your remarks. And I do hope the reason for taking the painkillers is also gone.

>I was rooting for Lacey to
>win until your #%#^% thread
>came along, and I was
>gonna die before I'd see
>you proven right.
>
>To be honest, I think the
>judges were concerned Lacey would
>win and heaped tons of
>praise on both Danny and
>Sabra. If there was
>any kind of conspiracy, I'd
>say it was along those
>lines, and the conspirators won.
> IMHO, Lacey had the
>most personality and the ability
>to pop that personality right
>into the viewer's face, whether
>they liked it or not.
> It was a shame
>that she couldn't transfer that
>ability to connect to her
>partner, which is what her
>brother could do quite easily.
>
>
>All in all, I think either
>Danny or Sabra was the
>best choice. It was
>the last solos where I
>saw Sabra mop Lacey all
>over the floor with raw
>dancing talent.
>Lacey lost me completely when she
>said that she didn't even
>want to dance. It
>always seemed to me that
>she was just walking through
>this thing and lacked the
>hunger that the other contestants
>had. That's also what
>shone through in her brother
>was his rapacious hunger to
>win no matter what it
>took. She didn't have
>that.
>

Don't know if I agree with that. I do think she wanted to win, but only for attention. Think that is also what separated her from her brother. Believe she quit dancing and went to hair school UNTIL she saw her brother on TV. That's when she all of a sudden wanted to do it. That's very telling. I mean, why didn't she want to go back to dancing when she saw the first season?

Think there's a competitive thing between her and her brother and I don't think she likes him getting attention.

Lacey, get used to it.

>Gee, I wish I was off
>these painkillers weeks ago.
>I could have had a
>lot of fun in this
>thread.
>

There's always next year. I'll have to come up with something good next time around.

>One question, DrKegel. Why a
>conspiracy? What would anyone
>gain by Lacey winning?
>There are no multi-million dollar
>recording contracts involved. All
>of the contestants here, winners
>and losers, face a future
>of relative oblivion. Other
>than pride, no one really
>had anything to gain by
>Lacey winning, so there was
>no need for a conspiracy.
>
>Anyway, that's my two cents.

Hmmmm.... never got that far really. Maybe a ballroom dancing thing? Or being a good role model in promoting the show? I mean there has to be SOME reason or Blake would have swept the other dancers and been crowned winner easily. Probably winner of all-time as I really haven't seen anyone with ALL the attributes he had and has. My God, he was good!
>
>
>
>More wagging, less
>barking.

>I am trying to find out
>if Disney that corporation that
>must not be named, has
>any hand in this.
>

Above you'll see that I am trying out conspiracies for next year.

Thank you for this one. I'll see if I can get it to fit in. It'd be perfect if they turn out to be one of the show's advertisers next year!

Kisses and hugs to everyone!

08-18-07, 03:13 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Blake? Who dat?

08-19-07, 02:00 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
>Blake? Who dat?

What? You don't know Blake? Serious? Pinky swear serious?

Blake is only the best dancer to ever be on the show. They were lucky to even have him there. He shouldn't have wasted his time even deigning to appear on their lousy show. Especially since Nigel doesn't even seem to be able to interpret choreograph that is perfectly clear.

Here's a link:

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2005/08/bruises_tears_c.html

It's just one of many. I like this one because it shows where Blake really got in trouble. He told the truth. That's a no-no apparently in Nigel, Mary and Mia's world. I guess that's why they consistently lie about how well a contestant is doing.

Blake rightly pointed out that Dan was jealous of his dancing abilities. Undoubtedly true. It was one of many things that rubbed the deaf, dumb and blind judges the wrong way. If they're judging a dance contest, what difference does it make if someone is arrogant? Personally, I prefer humble people, but Mary is an arrogant jerk as is Nigel. And Dan? He's not high maintenance? In terms of Mary, does anyone remember shots of Mary in the first season when she was running her "dance" class? If a hackneyed ballroom dancer can be even be considered to run a "dance" class. She was a whacko and completely ridiculous about the dancer's not showing respect to her because of a hairstyle? Mary, take your meds, dear old girl. And it was the show's choice to put it on their air. So Blake had to stand there and take a tongue-lashing and apologize and act as if he was contrite.

The way I remember it is after the incident, they crucified Blake for being arrogant and for doing a lousy routine, which is impossible. His partner sucked, but he was brilliant. I believe it was the first time for him being there, but the judges pounced on it figuring it would be their only chance to get rid of him. This after he danced THE most brilliant solo I ever saw in my entire life. I can't even remember the totality of the moves. Went something like a triple turn leading into a grand jete performed with him leaning forward with body parallel his extended leg landing onto the ball of ONE foot which he grabbed and did a roll forward into a front somersault turning into a jack knife? Did he then stand up and do more? It was something like that. Does anyone have any idea how ridiculously impossible what he did was? You have to have the most incredible center, PLUS timing, plus being limber plus extension, plus everything else. In one solo he showed impeccable turning ability, jumping ability and extension which is what a dancer should have.

They've never ever explained that one away. Instead we end up with Nick winning? I mean Nick was a fine dancer, but brilliant? I think not.

Anyway, I think a spin-off is in order for all our backseat driving judges. It'll be called, "So You Think You Can Still Dance?"

>
>
>
>More wagging, less
>barking.

08-19-07, 08:27 PM (EST)
68. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
Unfortunately, my computer is rather ancient and I can't get into the site. I'll have to wait until I get to the university library.

On the other hand, considering your impish nature in this thread, I'm not sure whether or not to take you seriously.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-20-07, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
>This
>after he danced THE most
>brilliant solo I ever saw
>in my entire life.

Is this it? (I didn't watch the previous seasons.)

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

08-21-07, 06:09 PM (EST)
70. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "
>>This
>>after he danced THE most
>>brilliant solo I ever saw
>>in my entire life.
>
>Is this it? (I didn't watch
>the previous seasons.)
>
>

Don't know. If it's to Body Language then it probably is. Seem to recall that was the song.

08-21-07, 06:15 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Who here DOESN'T know that Lacey has been selected to win? "

You know I think it must be. I read some of the comments and one of them mentioned him taking off his shirt WHILE turning!!!!! I forgot about that!!!

Yes, he did do this and didn't miss a beat. For people who don't dance, I can't even describe how difficult this is since your arms usually help keep your center and you're using them to take off your shirt. For dancers, WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWWWWWOOOOOOO!!!!!

He's even more impressive now that I'm reminded of him doing that.

But, of course, the whacky-tacky panel of completely biased judges saw fit to vote him off.

Blake, you are amazing!!!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •