The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-19-07, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
After reading the ECST, it seems I was watching a different show than most of you last night! LOL. Overall, I thought that was probably the worst show this season. Pretty much every routine, I found rather boring. There were only 2 out of the 6 that I would call great, and the rest were just ok.

1. Lauren/Neil – Contemporary – I can hardly believe I’m ranking them first, but I really loved that. I thought Lauren finally stepped up and gave a good performance. There was no inappropriate grinning and she had good movement. Neil was still better than her in some parts, but he got tripped up a couple times and looked a little sloppy. I don’t need a “story” to know that was a cool dance. And I had that friggin song stuck in my head all night!

2. Sabra/Dom – Jive – As usual, they bring fun and energy to whatever dance they do. Great couple (will be sorry to see them split up) and great dancing.

The rest of them are pretty much interchangeable. I didn’t really enjoy any of the other routines. If I had to rank them, I’d say…

3. Anya/Danny – Foxtrot – I’m not sure why I didn’t love this. It was beautiful and they were both wonderful as always, but I just wasn’t feeling it. I think the problem may have been that I was cringing throughout the entire thing whenever Anya had to do something that looked like it would hurt her ankle. I hate when they tell you their injuries right before they dance, because that’s all I can focus on.

4. Jamie/Hok – Broadway – It was nice. It was boring. I get no sense of passion from either of them.

5. Lacey/Kameron – Hip Hop - *sigh* It was ok. Honestly? I think the choreography sucked. Lots of Lacey walking around, shaking her ass and flipping her hair (and sitting on the side of the stage. *rolls eyes* I didn’t like it when Cedric did it, and I don’t like it any more now.) Kam didn’t wow me like I was hoping he would. I would’ve liked to see his entire solo, but I know it was oh so important for the camera people to cut away from him and show Lacey sitting down for like 5 seconds of his 10 second solo. *sigh* Just a disappointment all the way around.

6. Sara/Pasha – Jazz – I hated this! Where was the dancing?? I remember in week 1 when Shauna and Jimmy did their Broadway, a lot of people said “I bet I could do that. It didn’t look that hard.” Well, that’s how I felt about this routine. I was incredibly bored. I suppose they did what they were supposed to do, but it didn’t seem like much to me.

Star <3 Tribe

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 fullofgrace2470 07-19-07 1
 RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 djandy 07-19-07 2
   RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 LadySusan 07-19-07 3
 RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 qwertypie 07-19-07 4
   RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 CTgirl 07-19-07 7
       RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 qwertypie 07-19-07 10
   RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 qwertypie 07-19-07 9
 RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 Glow 07-19-07 5
   RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 SilverStar 07-19-07 12
       RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 Glow 07-19-07 13
       RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 djandy 07-20-07 19
       RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 djandy 07-20-07 20
 RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 StarryLuna 07-19-07 6
 RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 emydi 07-19-07 8
 RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 MKitty 07-19-07 11
 RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 riverrocker 07-19-07 14
   RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 SilverStar 07-19-07 15
       RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 CTgirl 07-19-07 17
 RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 CTgirl 07-19-07 16
 RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12 Lahela 07-19-07 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-19-07, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
1. Danny/Anya-I can't believe I'm ranking them first, but for the first time they wowed me. DAnny was a joy to watch, my eyes stayed on him the whole time. Anya reminds me of Natasha from ANTM and it keeps distracting me. I have never been a Danny fan, but I am now.

2. Sabra/Dominic-they do great each week. They have so much fun together, I love watching them.

3. Jaimie/Hok-Jaimie is beautiful and elegant, and I can't keep my eyes off her (I have a girl-crush!). I agreed with Nigel when he said that every part of her body tells the story. I'm still a Hok fan, but he's been disappointing me. Really unfortunate because I have him winning in my PTTE.

4. Lacey/Kameron-I love Lacey, not so much Kameron. It was fun to watch.

5. Pasha/Sara-I love them both but their costumes distracted me the whole time. I don't think I saw much dancing. I was pretty disappointed in this.

6. Lauren/Neil-I actually hated this. I didn't get it at all. I couldn't see their facial expressions, they weren't in sync and it was awful for me. I usually love Mia's routines, but this svcked. I feel violent about this routine, that's how much I didn't like it lol.

It's definitely time for Lauren to go home. She's WAY overrated.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-19-07, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-07 AT 11:52 AM (EST)

1.) Anya/Danny (5,6,4,2) - Very nice Foxtrot, and I thought Danny had more feeling. I too kept watching Anya's ankle, and noticed a few times when she "dumbed down" the routine because of it. But still the best dance of an otherwise ho hum night.
2.) Sabra/Dom (4,2,2,7) - I am still impressed with how adaptable they both are. They looked like Ballroom dancers out there, not Contemp/BBoy pretending to be Ballroom dancers. Sabra is a GREAT sport, with Dom dropping her all the time. I will be sad to see them split up.
3.) Lacey/Kam (2,3,3,1) - Lacey was great in yet another style, while Kam bombed. Kam is definitely not a Hip Hopper, even though he claimed it as one of his styles. If Kam isn't eliminated tonight, his weaknesses will be more apparent next week with a different partner.
4.) Sara/Pasha (1, 4/5, 1/5, 3/4) - I had a hard time getting past the 80's "Let's Get Physical" outfits, but they had some interesting movement.
5.) Jaimie/Hok (6,1,8,5) - Once again Jaimie flits around doing ballet across the stage while Hok's weaknesses are covered up.
6.) Lauren/Neil (3,7,6,8) - I usually love Mia's routines, but this one was just too weird. And Neil and Lauren were out of sync most of the time. Neil outshined Lauren again -- I certainly hope she is finally cut tonight.

My analysis of how well the partners did over the last 5 weeks:
1.) Lacey/Kam - average score of 2.4
2.) Sara/Pasha - 3.2
3.) Sabra/Dom - 3.4
4.) Anya/Danny - 3.6
5.) Jaimie/Hok - 5.0
6.) Lauren/Neil - 6.0

ETA: I actually like Sabra & Dom better than Sara & Pasha, but they were penalized with Disco the 1st week which skewed their results low.

LadySusan 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-19-07, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadySusan Click to send private message to LadySusan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
1. Sabra/Dom
2. Sara/Pasha
3. Jaimie/Hok
4. Lacey/Kam
---
5. Anya/Danny
6. Lauren/Neil

Everyone above the line is great, below the line, meh. They just don't do it for me. Last night I did love the Foxtrot, but still not as much as the others. I really did not groove to that whatever it was routine that Lauren/Neil did.

And am I the only one who was spellbound by Jaime/Hok? They were asked to make it look effortless and that is what they did. Hok looked like he was floating and landing so softly it was like leaves in the breeze. I don't get why it's bad that they couldn't tell Hok was an old man but it's ok that Lauren/Neil had no story??

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-07, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
I thought the most of the choreographers shouldn't have gotten paid for last night's show.

And the thing that frosts my buns is when the dancers are blamed for not showing much range. Is this to mean that they are allowed to override the choreography and wing it?

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-07, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
The two dances where I expected so much more were Jaimie and Hok and Lacey and Kam - the choreographers were Dan Karaty and Tyce Diorio. Hmmm, where have we seen those names before?!

Spotlighted by Tribe

07-19-07, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
*giggles* Oh that was a Dan Karaty special? *rolls eyes*. I missed who had choreographed that mess, but said to DH that it smelt of Dan.

07-19-07, 01:01 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
Oops! Guess I should rank them!
1. Anya/Danny - Dude totally redeemed himself with the comment how much he loves big band songs and was so thrilled that he hinally got a chance to perform to one. And I was impressed how close their frame was despite the fact he is not a ballroom performer. Nicely done.
2. Sara/Pasha For it being a jazz-handy routine, surprisingly, I reallly liked it. Hubby contends it was just because of Pasha. DUH!
Tied for 3
3. Jaime Hok - Didn't hate it as much as others seem to. It did help that the story line was explained before hand.
3. Sabra/ Dom. I love jive - this just seemed really ackward to me. At least Sabra didn't get injured and Dom had to dance with Melanie.
5. Lacey/ Kam. Oh goody - another routine where the female looks like a skanky ho Bratz doll reject. Luv Lacey - the choreo really sucked bobo.
6. Lauren/Neil - loved the comment from Nigel about finding their welding equipment. That is the only thing nice I can say about the routine. Oh - kudos to Mia - I didn't like the choreo, but at least she had Lauren so covered up she couldn't rely on her cuteness to get her through.

Oops! Tribe did me again!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-07, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-07 AT 12:44 PM (EST)

I get a little lost trying to rank the middle but the top and bottom are easy.

1. Danny/Anya - they're just consistently beautiful. Gorgeous dancers. I know what you mean about the ankle injury. I kept wincing and being amazed that she could dance throught it. They really wow me.

2. Neil/Lauren - I don't care if there's a story either. I enjoyed the hip-hoppy contemporary. They were out of sync here and there but I didn't care that much. She's more hip-hop and he's more contemporary so I think there's a certain amount of give when doing a routine like that. At least I give them some give. I can't stand her (and that little video before they danced didn't help... though the guns were impressive) but I can still give due props.

3 or 4. Dom/Sabra - I didn't love it.

4 or 3. Hot/Jaimie - They were way to harsh on him. It made me pout a little. I don't think the choreographers have enough confidence in him and it hurts their routines. I bet a zatrillion dollars if he's pushed, he can pull. She's gorgeous when she dances. Hated her eyeshadow. TRAVIS!!!!!!!!1
ETA copy & paste from an email I sent to SilverStar:
"I think the thing with Hok and Jaimie is that their styles are so different. She's a beautiful dancer and he can't be classified that way. So while she floats, he flits. That's why the Wade routine was all shades of perfect. And the choreo they give him is always so jerky and I just know he can sway. They need somebody to have that confidence in him to trust him enough to do it."
I could be wrong, of course, but it just seems like their lack of confidence in him and their harshness towards him (*SOB*) incites nervousness and he loses confidence in himself.

5. Kameron/Lacey - oh boy. Horrible choreo that was not their fault. But the poor execution from Kameron was like forgetting to put the whipped cream and cherry on top of not good ice cream.
Hey! If Kameron and Sara make the tour, please don't let them have any hip hop routines because they're not that special at their specialties.

6. Pasha/Sara - I hated so much about this, I don't even know where to start. not jazz, Blake's song, costumes

07-19-07, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
For all those who don't remember (or didn't see) S1's Blake do a solo to "Body Language", I present you with the video. I didn't remember this dance, but after watching this clip, I now understand why Glow called it "Blake's song". Yowza! That was amazing.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-07, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
Thank you for posting that. *sa mooch*

07-20-07, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
THAT's what a solo dance for your life should look like. I didn't watch the 1st season, so that was a treat. Thanks!

07-20-07, 02:59 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
Now you've got me curious. Nick won SYTYCD 1, but who came in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th? Have we heard anything about them since their season?

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-19-07, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
1. Sabra & Dom - love them, love the jive, loved everything. Will be sorry to see them split next week.

2. Anya & Danny - first time in five weeks I felt like Danny was really giving it his all. I know he gave his all every week, but as I said on the ECST, he just comes across as so cocky. Didn't see that last night and I enjoyed the dance much more.

3. Sara & Pasha - I seem to be in the minority but I thought this was a pretty cool routine. I liked it a lot.

4. Lauren & Neil - I still think it was more of a hip-hop routine than a contemporary routine, I still think it was the weakest Mia routine to date, and I still don't like Lauren. Having said all that, they did a decent job with it.

5. Lacey & Kameron - I'm disappointed to rank them this low, as I usually love them, but that was just so blah. And again, I blame a lot of that on Dan's choreography, not so much on Kamcey. They'll both be in the top 10, I'm sure of it, but I worry how Kam's going to come across with a weaker partner.

6. Jaimie & Hok - I like Hok and obviously nobody can beat Jaimie's extensions. I just found the routine rather boring, and this probably comes down to choreography again as opposed to their skills. I only kind of half watched as it was hard to keep my attention on it.

It's a Syren kind of summer

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-07, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
I thought this was the worst (but still good) show of the season

It will be good I think to switch it up (except for DOMRA I love them together!)

1. Domra!!--That jive was spectacular...they work so good together! I want them to be the top 2!! I voted for them for 40+ minutes straight

2.(1a) Danya- This was a great dance they both looked so good and danced it wonderfully...but they're no Domra.

3. Sara/Pasha-I liked this but not loved it and it was close to 4.

4. Lacey/Kam-Thank you Wade!! Lacey is contrived and fake and she is not all that...I really do hope Kam gets to stay at least one more week and gets to dance with someone else

5. Hok/Jaimie-this was meh...I don't think Hok will be in bottom 3 bc they were there last week and the judges hammered him...his fans (he always gets the most applause) will save him

6. Neil and Lauren..meh..I did not like this dance and I usually like MIa's work. and I hate Lauren blech.

GO DOMRA!

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-19-07, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
Yes, I agree..i found this week the most disappointing so far!

My faves:

1. Danny and Anya (wow..they have never been in my top anything before..and here they are today. And woo-ee...he is gorgeous!

2. Sabra and Dominic: LOVE this couple So cute, so talented.

3.. Pasha and Sara: Even though I didn't totally love the routine, did still love them.

4.. Neil and Lauren: Love him, hate her. Oh well, still hope they do well. Can't wait til he gets a new partner next week (assuming he survives)

5. Jaime and Hok: Love them both, but yeah, it was a bit weak.

6. Lacey and Kameron. This didn't do anything for me at all. I usually love Lacey, but this week, she was "meh" for me...

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-19-07, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
Worst performances across the board from everyone! What happened? Can those choreographers!

But of the blah list, I'll reluctantly put:

1. Sara/Pasha
2. Jaimie/Hok
3. Sabra/Dom
4. Anya/Danny
5. Lacey/Kam
6. Lauren/Neil

Sara is the surprising one to me; never had training, is a break dancer, and yet can do (in heels) what she is asked.

07-19-07, 04:15 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
The judges try to brainwash us into thinking that Sara has never had any training and is "just a b-girl", but it's not true. In one of the earliest episodes she said that she had taken classes in jazz, ballet, etc. And from the fox website, her bio says:

4. Do you have any formal dance training?
Red Bull Beat Rider 2006, Colorado State University Dance Program, Broadway Dance Center Intern, Motion Underground, The Gruv Factory, Academy for the Performing Arts

I don't think that all of those are purely for breaking. They are trying to make her seem less experienced so that we are more blown away by her.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

07-19-07, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
After reading that and Glow's questioning Kam calling himself a hip hop dancer in last night's show thread, I'm wondering if the producers have choosen what to call them so it would seem like they had more diverse dancers. Kam was considered half contemporary and half hip hop, but he seems more of a contemporary dancer to me. Sara's background would probably be contemporary too, but if she had some breakdancing background, they could call her a bgirl; I forget the numbers of the top 24, but it was mostly contemporary.

07-19-07, 04:35 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
1. Danny and Anya – Danny had such a good time dancing the foxtrot that I was smiling too. He was beaming – I loved watching him dance. He has such great moves. Anya was wonderful too, but my attention was on Danny.

2. Sara and Pasha – I liked the dance, I liked the music and I like them. It was slick and retro and I really enjoyed it.

3. Sabra and Dom – I love watching the jive and they have such great energy and enthusiasm together which is perfect for it. It was cute, but I thought Dom was a little off.

4. Lauren and Neil – it was intriguing. I’m not quite sure what it was all about, but I thought it was cool. I loved the beginning with them on the steps.

5. Lacey and Kam – That was a disappointment and I blame the choreography. Dan gave them nothing to do but have Lacey flounce around the stage. I want a do over!

6. Jaimie and Hok – another disappointment. Considering the song title was Mr. Bojangles, the choreography sure revolved around Jaimie. I found her blue muumuu costume to be distracting. I think Hok was capable of doing more and wish Tyce had thought so too.

Spotlighted by Tribe

Lahela 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-19-07, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lahela Click to send private message to Lahela Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rank 'Em Up! Top 12"
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-07 AT 05:40 PM (EST)

I pretty much agree with almost all of what you said, silverstar. I did think Lacey still danced well with the choreography she was given, but Cameron didn't. blah.

I think Jamie and Hok might be the two going home tonight. I really enjoy watching Hok dance, but last night...blah.

I do have to add that the foxtrot that Anya and Danny did was kind of...bland. Again, the choreography just wasn't there for this stage in the competition. It was an "easy" foxtrot, if there is such a thing. I just think overall, the choreography last night was lacking.
I normally can't stand Mia Micheals' choreography..it's just too...out there for me and she seems to be very repetative in her motions, but I did enjoy this particular dance sequence.

I didn't want it to end up like this, but so far this season, i'm favoring Lacey to win. OY! She just seems to be the most consistant of the ladies. I do agree with the judges from last week that Danny has good technique but dances with a sort of arrogance, instead of emotion.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •