The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-30-07, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Many of us have made our favorites known, so let's list those of course, but I'm also curious about those moments so far when a dancer surprised us, whether they are our favorites or not.

Me?
Favorite from the start: Pasha. I was glad to see a really really good ballroom dancer or Latin dancer or whatever-he-is get in there. I like his versatility not just in dancing, but in his persona as well. And so nice of him to hang out at the hospital when Jessi was there.

Surprises:
Dominic's improvement: I thought this guy would be a one-hit wonder, and he is really working at this smart. His rumba, although imperfect, was a revelation. The way he tried to hide his nipples a couple weeks ago was a hoot.

Danny's DFYL solo: This was the best DFYL solo I've seen in any year. I didn't expect to like this guy at all and, like Dominic, he's a revelation.

Lacey's passion: I thought she'd be another Benji, only whiter. She knocked my socks off in the Mia number, and I loved her look this last week.

Anya, period: I love her grace and finesse. Whether she was supposed to or not, she brought a swan-like grace to the hip hop number that I found delightful.

I know I'm leaving plenty out, but these are what are in my mind right now.

So, what are your favs and surprises?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... riverrocker 06-30-07 1
   RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... Sagebrush Dan 06-30-07 2
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... bullzeye 06-30-07 3
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... agman 06-30-07 4
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... qwertypie 07-01-07 5
   RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... Glow 07-01-07 6
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... tribephyl 07-01-07 7
   RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... Sagebrush Dan 07-01-07 8
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... StarryLuna 07-02-07 9
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... djandy 07-02-07 10
   RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... Wiggle 07-02-07 11
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... Snidget 07-02-07 12
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... dragonflies 07-02-07 13
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... fullofgrace2470 07-03-07 14
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... emydi 07-03-07 15
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... syren 07-04-07 16
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... Dragonfire 07-04-07 17
 RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorite... MKitty 07-12-07 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-30-07, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Good post.

I liked Pasha from the beginning........but not Anya; can't really say why 'cause I don't know. Jessi just didn't bring it.

My fav is Hok! He is just so "professional" with whatever he is given. I wasn't crazy about Jaimie until I watched her dance this week. Wow.

And Danny!!! OMG! He is amazing! If they had booted him, I would have quit watching!!

Sorry, but I just don't like Shauna, can't stand Cedric, and find Neil to be rather boring; ditto with Sabra.

Lacey looks so much like Heidi with dyed dark hair, it is hard to overcome the comparison. Kameron, however, has been a really pleasant surprise.

Dom........sorry, there is just some quality that doesn't do him any favors IMHO.

Sara has turned out to be the biggest surprise for me, though. I figured she'd never be able to do any Latin or ballroom...or anything but break. What a nice surprise.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-30-07, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Yeah, Sara is really good, too. She's one I forgot. I like her quite a bit.

More wagging, less barking.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-30-07, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Let's see....

I thought I would like Hok after seeing him in the auditions, but never expected him to be so versatile. His number with Jamie last week absolutely blew me away.

A couple of the girls have surprised me as well. I though Sara would be much more one-dimensional, but she has chutzpah and has really shined during the competition. I hope this continues after she has lost her partner.

Sabra is a genuine surprise to me - she has much more grace than I initially thought.

Biggest surprise of the ladies is defintely Lacey. I never anticipated that such a "sweet little thing" could be such a temptrous....growl!

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised my almost all of the dancers in this competition. I was expecting an AI level of talent - that we would have to suffer through some real duds for the first few weeks before the talent really shined. On the contrary, we have seen some brilliant performances and tough choice weeks almost from the get go.

Snidget's to blame!

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

06-30-07, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"

I liked Pasha from the start also. He comes across as a nice guy and a great dancer. The shallow part of my really liked Lauren because she is fun to look at. I have changed my mind about her however, because I am very underwhelmed with her dancing. I have started liking Anya more and more. I think she is incredible.
I'm still sick about what happened to Jessie, I think it was unfair for her to leave when she did. IMO she did a better DFYL than Lauren did.(I am not a dance expert, so anyone feel free to disagree with me ). Those are the Dancers I have formed strong opinions about as of now. I'm sure I will be adding to this list in the next few weeks.

Snidge animated me

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-07, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Lacey - fantastic - I thought she was not going to be able to get from under Benji's shadow. After the first week, it was like "Benji who?" (The eye makeup drives me nuts tho -- it makes her look like a cross between Lisa Marie Presley and a raccoon)

Jaimie - Damn, I just had to see her in that last number with Hok. Very irritating, but the girl can dance.

Dominic - like Dan said, I really thought he was a one-hit wonder, but he partners so well.

HOK - I am not really surprised, but I will add him as a favorite. Was so happy to see him back this year, and he hasn't disappointed.

Danny - all I can say is WOW.

Pascha - Not surprised, I think ballroom dancers tend to be underrated (my personal bias, I know)

Oops! Tribe did me again!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-07, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
I'll just ditto qwerty. All except for the Pasha part. I never knew ballroom dancers were underrated. Love Pasha though.

I'll also say I am surprised about Lauren. Surprised that she isn't really that good.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-07, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
As many of you already know...Pasha and Lauren were my pre-season favorites.
Well, Pasha is the only one of the two to prove to me that he was worth my adulation.

Frankly he's knocking my socks off. (wishful thinking as well )

But I've been pleasantly suprised by Shauna and Lacey.
I really think it's going to come down to these two girls as to who's gonna win this season.

Go Lacey!
Go Shauna!
Go Pasha!

Kam will probably make Final4 as well, but solely because his partner is sooo fricken awesome!!!

07-01-07, 04:43 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-07 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

I agree on Shauna. I was really hoping to see her partnered with Pasha.

ETA: I'm still waiting for Lacey to really bust loose like she did in the first number. I feel like she's holding back. Perhaps a Pasha session would be good for her, too. Or, maybe Danny.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-02-07, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Favorite from the start was Lacey. Sure maybe I was carrying some Benji/Heidi bias, but whatever. Loved her then, loved her even more now, because she has all the best things from each of them, plus so much more!

Surprises...
Kameron, obviously. I was worried for Lacey, because Heidi had a struggle with vastly outdancing her partners early on last season (she DFHL more than once) but this has been much more of a Benjelle partnership that will easily carry them into the top 6, even after they've been split.

Sara. I thought she'd be a one trick pony, but she's held her own. Sorry for her to lose her partner, because they were good together, but I'm looking forward to seeing her and Pasha together this week.

Sabra. Came out of nowhere. Love her.

Shauna. She's been saddled with the crappiest of all the partners and has suffered thanks to no exposure during the audition rounds. But she killed it with her solo a few weeks ago and will definitely carry Cedric until he's gone.

Dom. Another possible one trick pony, but he's also holding his own.

It's a Syren kind of summer

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-02-07, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Pre-Season favorites: Lacey, Hok, Pasha

Surprise favorites: Sabra, Dominic, Sara

Lacey is a cross between Benji's personality and Heidi's latin & partnering skills, and I'm impressed. Lacey & Kam, and Hok & Jaimie are the only 2 teams that haven't been in the bottom 3, so they're America's favorites too. I enjoy watching Pasha dance, and he was also sweet to Jessi in the hospital.

I am impressed with Sabra, Dominic, and Sara's versatility. Sabra and Dom's celebration when then weren't in the bottom 3 week 2 showed their joy and personalities. Sara is much more than a B-girl. I loved her Jazz & Paso.

Wiggle 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-02-07, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wiggle Click to send private message to Wiggle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Preseason favourites: Hok, Pasha and Sabra

Favourite since first show (post-audition): Sara

Doesn't do anything for me: Lacey

Dislike: Cameron (sorry all you Cameron lovers!)

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-07, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
From the audition shows I'd say Hok and Pasha and Jessi were my favorites.

I was prepared to hate the nepotism trio + one, so I am shocked I like Danny and Lacey as much as I do. Faina and Lauren were better than I thought they would be but not enough for me to really like them as much as some of the other dancers.

Tribaldancing!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-07, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Pasha has been a favorite all along. Girls, I liked Jessi.

Surprises? Danny, Dominic, Sabra and Sara. They are all on my favs list now.

I don't like Lacey. I felt she was getting an easy ride. But she has proven to me that she has talent, so I will grudgingly give her my respect.

Tribe danced me!

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-03-07, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Hok has been my favorite from the beginning.

Pasha has surprised me. He has definitely grown on me, especially after staying at the hospital with Jessi last week. What a sweetheart!

Lacey has also surprised me-I like her almost as much as I liked Benji.

I had no idea who most of the dancers were, thanks to the producers not showing them.

I still don't care for Danny or Anya.

I like Shauna more and more each week, especially after being partnered with Cedric.

And who knew Dominic would be that great?

Oh, and Sara....she was probably my biggest surprise. I had her first to go on my PTTE, but she has been great each week. I'm totally impressed by her!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-07, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Hok has and continues to be my fave

I liked Sara and Neil before the top 20, now, meh on Neil (but I did say WOW to his solo)and Sara has taken a back seat to Sabra

I am surprised most by Dom. I'm happy Danny is not as arrogant as I expected...

I'm surprised I'm not more turned off by Lacecy bc of nepotism thing...but I was right on point with Lauren...get her off of my tv!!

GO DOMRA!

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-07, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Wow...looks like I am in the minority, I cannot stand Lacey.

Why?

Well, I liked her, I thought she danced wonderfully. Then I saw the way she reacts to the judges and the other dancers. Get a compliment, and she gets this fake expression on her face. She does it every single time, like 'Oh wow, better look surprised, because I know I am that good.'

Those expressions, the way she carries herself during that time give me a feel of arrogance, and I don't like that. No matter how good you are, if you are arrogant about it, I can't get in line with you.

Now my faves...
Sabra-As the judges said, I hope she doesn't fall through the cracks, because she just is that good. Graceful, elegant, beautiful, professional.
Dom- Always been one of my favorites and every show he becomes more so.
Pasha-Yum. And he dances the way I wished Musa woulda last season.
Sara-She to me is what the show is about, that girl had never been in heels before but danced beautifully in them. She has done everything she has been asked to do, with style, grace, and a certain elegant charm.

Lauren, that blonde chick, and Neil can just get off of the screen already.

What?

Dragonfire 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-04-07, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dragonfire Click to send private message to Dragonfire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Favorites from the start were Hok (only started watching last year and loved him then) and Pasha (Russian and ballroom dancer...sigh, perfect combination).

Surprises:
Danny...he was so arrogant in the auditions, but I'm really starting to like him now that he's more humble.
Lauren...she was so good during the auditions, but so far I am not impressed with her dancing skills. I don't know if she thinks she's got a free pass to the final 10 or what, but she needs to leave.
Dominic...I really thought he was a one-trick pony after his first solo, but he has really shocked me with how well he's pulled off the other dance styles.
Lacey...I originally thought she was a female version of Benji and what worked for Benji doesn't translate well for a girl, but I was really surprised with her first dance and think she'll stick around to the end.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-12-07, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Favorites and Surprise Favorites"
Hey Dan...don't know when you will see this..but hope you are feeling better soon! Hugs and prayers...

Getting on with my faves:

After last night (July 11), I am totally in love with Pasha. LIked him before...but now LOVE him. He is fantastic.

Also LOVE Dominic What a sweetie..glad to see him come along so well. Didn't know I would love him so much as I do now.

HATE Lauren. Wish she had gone last week.

Surprises:
Shauna. I think she is amazing. Didn't like her at first..and now am blown away. Poor thing havin to dance with Cedric.

LOVE Hok. Just something about him. Dismissed him as merely a b-boy at first..and now I see he is really stretching...

Danny..he is my "meh". Love Neil when he solos.

Cedric: Ah..why is he still here?????

*pouncing courtesy of Tribe*

*furrified by Agman*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •