The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Basis for Elimination"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-26-07, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Basis for Elimination"
I've noticed that some people seem to think Jessi should have been the one going home last week because she had the worst of all 3 "dance for your life" solos. I disagree. No, not with the fact that she was the worst, she was. I disagree with the notion that all of the past work should not be taken into consideration and she should solely be judged on one 15 second solo. I mean, I think we all agree that Jessi and Pasha shouldn't have even been in the B3 to begin with, so how can you then think that Jessi should have been booted?

Jessi had 2 great performances, and 1 crap solo.
Faina had 1 great performance, 1 bad performance, and 2 so-so solos. (IMO. I wasn't that impressed with her solos, but maybe it's cause I just don't like her much.)

I think they made the right decision. With the girls at least. The guys is another story, and there's already been discussion on that.

Which do you think is more important-- the work they've done on performance nights, or the solo they do on results night?
I personally think the judges place too much importance on the solos. We all know that each person is great at what they do. They wouldn't be on the show if they weren't. So I would much rather have them pay more attention to what the person has done in coping with other styles and working with their partner than booting (or saving *coughCEDRICcough*) someone based just on their "dance for your life".

Thoughts?

Star <3 Tribe

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Basis for Elimination Glow 06-26-07 1
   RE: Basis for Elimination SilverStar 06-26-07 2
       RE: Basis for Elimination Glow 06-26-07 7
 RE: Basis for Elimination CTgirl 06-26-07 3
   RE: Basis for Elimination Snidget 06-26-07 4
       RE: Basis for Elimination CTgirl 06-26-07 5
           RE: Basis for Elimination Sagebrush Dan 06-26-07 6
               RE: Basis for Elimination Glow 06-26-07 8
                   RE: Basis for Elimination Sagebrush Dan 06-26-07 9
 RE: Basis for Elimination Sunny_Bunny 06-26-07 10
   RE: Basis for Elimination Sagebrush Dan 06-27-07 11
       RE: Basis for Elimination emydi 06-27-07 15
 RE: Basis for Elimination tribephyl 06-27-07 12
 RE: Basis for Elimination Magnolia_Rocker 06-27-07 13
   RE: Basis for Elimination Snidget 06-27-07 14
   RE: Basis for Elimination bullzeye 06-27-07 16
       RE: Basis for Elimination agman 06-27-07 17
           RE: Basis for Elimination bullzeye 06-27-07 22
               RE: Basis for Elimination agman 06-27-07 23
                   RE: Basis for Elimination bullzeye 06-27-07 24
       RE: Basis for Elimination Sagebrush Dan 06-27-07 18
           RE: Basis for Elimination bullzeye 06-27-07 19
               RE: Basis for Elimination agman 06-27-07 21
           RE: Basis for Elimination agman 06-27-07 20
               RE: Basis for Elimination Sagebrush Dan 06-27-07 28
                   RE: Basis for Elimination emydi 06-28-07 30
 RE: Basis for Elimination mattben 06-27-07 25
   RE: Basis for Elimination bullzeye 06-27-07 26
       RE: Basis for Elimination Sunny_Bunny 06-27-07 27
       RE: Basis for Elimination Sagebrush Dan 06-27-07 29
 RE: Basis for Elimination SilverStar 06-29-07 31
   RE: Basis for Elimination Magnolia_Rocker 06-29-07 32
       RE: Basis for Elimination SilverStar 06-29-07 34
           RE: Basis for Elimination syren 06-29-07 36
   RE: Basis for Elimination ulalame 06-29-07 33
       RE: Basis for Elimination SilverStar 06-29-07 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-07, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
I really like Jessi and I didn't think her solo was "crap".

I think ballroom dancers are at a disadvantage when they do their solos anyway (except season 1's Snow who was very prematurely booted and Artem who is an exception to everything because he's ridiculously hot). They always seem to look like their partner is invisible. That being said, I liked Faina too but I think I may have wanted some redemption somehow for Stanislav... though his premature departure ended up a good thing for me since I TOTALLY love Ivan.

Yes, I do think the judges put too much importance on the "dance for your life!" solos. But really, the dancers should have something prepared that is mind-blowing knowing how important the solos are to the judges.

I kind of understand why they made the decision to keep Cedric during the first eliminations. What I don't understand is why they kept him over Ricky. But whatever. So okay. They kept him and then he's underwhelming in choreo again and they keep him over a superior dancer for the second week in a row. I don't think they can do it again. His uniqueness can only justify so many weeks. And they're already over by one.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-26-07, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
That first week was really rough. I was shocked that they booted Ricky, but if I stick by my opinion that the boots should be mostly based on performance night, he was the right choice. Cedric did great in the hip hop routine (of course), and Dominic (who, btw is becoming a favorite of mine) did well with the disco. Ricky and the Argentine Tango was not good. It sucked that he got stuck with that routine and I would've liked to see him do other stuff, but I wasn't overly upset with his boot.

I think Dom is kind of like Ivan this year. A hip hop boy who nobody expected much of, but he'll end up surprising us all. That cont. he did last week was great and I wouldn't have thought he could do it. Plus, he's just so darn funny. "I got into dancing to attract the ladies, and well, yeah, I still don't get the ladies." So cute.

Star <3 Tribe

06-26-07, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
I think the pairing of Ashlee and Ricky was unfortunate. I don't know if he sucked or not. It was too hard to tell since it looked like he should have been wearing the dress and she looked like something from the attack of the 50 foot woman or whatever. I didn't like him enough to miss him but I liked him enough to notice he got robbed (just like Stanlislav).

Dom is very cute. Yes, I guess I'm glad he didn't get booted week one. But I'm not ready to compare him to Ivan just yet. *grin*

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-07, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
I absolutely think they should take all their performances into consideration. I look at the "dance for your life" like a tie-breaker when two dancers are in the bottom and have performed equally poor or good, but really the only time this year it worked as a tiebreaker was when Shauna outdanced Ashlee.

I don't have any problems with Faina going home, she didn't connect with the audience and that should be a part of her performance. Over the past two weeks, Jessi performed better overall. With the boys, though, there are some backstage vibes that are contributing to the judges decisions that we aren't privy to and aren't performance related.

Spotlighted by Tribe

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-07, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
Any info about these backstage vibes?

Tribaldancing!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-07, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
No, it's pure conjecture on my part. I'm with Tribe that Ricky's boot was manufactured. Why? Because there was some reason they wanted him gone other than his dancing skills. As for Cedric, there must be something else about him that we haven't seen that makes Nigel love him so much. So by backstage vibes I meant the atmosphere/personalities that the judges see for a week and we only get a few minutes glimpse of (aka editing!). This happens on any reality show, but no one is really questioning Ashlee and Faina leaving and we are questioning the judges decisions with Ricky and Jimmy. No info, sorry, just my gut! I just feel that there is a piece we're missing regarding these boots.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-07, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
I agree that the judges should take all dances into consideration, and they have often said they did just that.

I, too, was wondering about backstage vibes. Remember Mia's little lecture last year about keeping this all into perspective and to watch out for egos?
I also saw a bit of a Benji backstage tantrum last year that didn't get edited out (angrily barking out, "Let's this show on the road, people!" as the minions scattered everywhere. It could have been pressure and intensity, but there you are).

More wagging, less barking.

06-26-07, 02:11 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
*rolls eyes*
Travis was robbed.

06-26-07, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
Travis did the same, but with a gun.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-07, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
This is such a hard one to answer, because (as I said in my other post) it really was no surprise to me that Faina was the female to go.

Jesse and Pasha had turned in good performances both weeks. Mary did explain in her speech that this team was really beginning to gel, which was why all three judges spent a great deal of time beating around the bush saying that they were not sending them home without actually coming right out and saying it. (And, IMHO this is why neither of them busted their buns in the dance off.)

Shauna, knowing this, truely did "toss her heart out on the stage" and it payed off. The audience went wild when she was done, and the judges while not shown, most likely mirrored Kat's assertion that she had really given it her all.

This left Faina with a real problem. Even if she had given it her all, (which she clearly didn't) creating a "tie" with Shauna, she was still the weaker dancer of the three based on the two times she had partnered. In the first hip hop routine she did, she was the weaker of the partners, and in last weeks routine she did "carry" Cedric, but it was still not enough to drag them up from the bottom.

So, in answer to your question, I don't really think the "Dance for your LIfe" segment carries as much weight as the partnering. However, if you do fairly well with a partner, and then dance your butt off in DFYL as Shauna did, clearly it does pay off.

One reason I think Shauna and Cedric will have problems as this show progresses, is that this competition (at least until the very last show) IS based on partner work. America votes partners until the last night of competition. Therefore, if you consistently wind up in the bottom three eventually the judges will give up and toss you out, no matter how good you do in the DFYL segments.

What I would really love to know, is if Faina and Cedric were the bottom of the barrel vote wise. Viewers are only told that three couples did not get enough votes, but they fail to tell us who got the least amount of votes.

06-27-07, 00:24 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
Very good analysis. There needs to be a correction. America votes for partners up until the final 10. After that, they vote for individual dancers even though the contestants dance as partners. Like when Dmitry got voted off when he partnered with Donyelle, but she wasn't touched by the vote.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
right, each dancer has his/her own phone no. and it's just based on votes not judges any longer, no dancing for you life, and each week, they change partners

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 05:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
Frankly, I feel as if the judges have 1 of 2 options.
1) Discontinue the "Dance for your life".
If the idea that this mini-competition is truly used to save oneself from bootation (regardless of how america votes) then great importance should be bestowed upon it and all those who fail to perform well in their "Dance for your life" should be sent packing. Period.
2) Change the name to "Entertain us while we decide who to kick off the show".
If someone is forced to be in the Bottom 3, their performance in the DFYL should be impeccable, if they want to remain in the competition.
However, if they change the name, then they can kick off whomever they want for whatever reason they want without sending false messages to the audience (and the dancers).

Dance for your life...pffft!

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-27-07, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
This is how "I" interpret the dance for you life and the weeks performances.

Performances: 80% deciding factor.
Dance For Your Life: 20% deciding factor.

Average the two together and that's how I personally would decide the boot from the bottom three. The performance carries alot more weight because:

1 - It shows partnering skills whereas DFYL is solo
2 - It shows ability to change up your style whereas DFYL is done in the performers personal style which we know should be awesome.
3 - It is 2 minutes worth of emotion, skill, technique whereas DFYL is 30 seconds.

For all these reasons I think the performances should determine who gets the boot with the DFYL playing a roll during a tie. Otherwise its just one last opportunity to see the booted dancer do his/her thing. Cedric should be sooooooo gone.

Rockin’ the dance moves thanks to Tribey

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
Yep I see it more as a tiebreaker/last ditch effort rather than the deciding factor.

Much like on Hell's Kitchen or other shows they give you that one last speech to try to save yourself.

Sometimes your performance to date is so bad or so good it won't matter in the decision. Sometimes if it is pretty much a toss up then if you can show you are "in it to win it" or willing to change, etc. then you get another chance depending on what the other person says/does..

I don't think the dance for your life should be the sole factor used to pick who goes home. I do like getting to see the dancers get to do what they do well and there isn't time for everyone to solo on results night. At least it is better than most of other filler carp other shows use for padding.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-27-07, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
It is 2 minutes worth of emotion, skill, technique whereas DFYL is 30 seconds.

That is one of my pet peeves with the show - they clearly have enough time to allow a longer DFYL segment and yet they limit it to 30 seconds. IMO, 30 seconds is not enough to showcase your individual talents. Does it get longer as the show progresses?

Snidget's to blame!

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
I actually enjoy the DFYL session of the show better than the couples in many cases. I think it should be longer too! I don't feel these dancers can do themselves justice in a mere 30 seconds.

Snidge animated me

attempting to slow down DAW count for my man Bullzeye

06-27-07, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
attempting to slow down DAW count for my man Bullzeye

Failing in 3-2-1.....

06-27-07, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Basis for Elimination"

>Failing in 3-2-1.....

So I should just stop posting?

06-27-07, 06:28 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
Like you could stop! Bwahahahaha!

06-27-07, 01:48 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-07 AT 01:52 PM (EST)

No, the DFYL will always be 30 seconds. When we get to the top 10, the elimination is by voting only and the judges have no deciding power, so there is no DFYL. However, there are individual solos when we get to the top 10 and those are longer, although the partnered routines will be shorter simply because the dancers have to fit more dancing into the time allowed.
If my memory serves correctly, the dancers have to do two partnered dances along with the solo. This is sad, because the dancers were worn out and injured by all this last year, and the dancing suffered. Some of the best routines were in the time of the top 20, IMHO.

The thing that Nigel made plain last year was that everyone should have a DFYL solo prepared. It was obvious that Shauna did so this year (am not too sure about Faina — she certainly could have done better). Several faked it last year; unfortunately the one that admitted that he faked it got eliminated, even though Nigel knew all the others had faked it as well.

06-27-07, 04:50 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
Thanks - that was helpful. While I am excited that we will see individual performances (and longer than 30 seconds), I am concerned about injuries. Dan also mentioned that most of the dancers were pretty beat up during this stage. I suppose that is probably the life of a dancer though.

Snidget's to blame!

06-27-07, 05:25 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Basis for Elimination"

I would imagine it would be like the beating many professional athletes take. Both my sisters were dancers and both suffered knee injuries. I never realized how physical dancing was until I saw what happened to them. Their bodies (especially knees) too a tremendous beating. They never had to do as much as the Dancers on SYTYCD.

Snidge animated me

06-27-07, 05:21 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Basis for Elimination"

Because I missed last season, I have a question. You mentioned that last year the dancers got to this stage and had to do two partnered dances plus a solo. Did they have only one week to learn these? I realize as professional dancers, they are expected to pick things up quite quickly, however if it is the case they have only one week, isn't that a bit too much. Once again I am asking this based on what was said happened last year.

Dancing through life...

06-27-07, 08:22 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
Yes, they had only one week to learn them, plus do publicity appearances and such. The contestants complained, and Nigel was unsympathetic saying that this was what it was like in the professional world. I don't think it is that brutal in the long run in the pro world (in regards to learning new routines every week) — I think he was just being defensive.

Donyelle, who was one of the most favorite dancers, broke her foot about halfway through the competition and kept going full speed. During the top ten: Benji was hospitalized with strep and also had an injured hip, Travis had a bad back, another dancer was wearing a knee brace, and other assorted niceties among the injured.

There is another board that has a lot of pro dancers that I visited last year (I don't have the address, and is prolly where we lost MTopaz). They felt the pace was too rugged and that the contestants should get a week off while we get treated to a "best of...." or something like that. Hopefully that will happen this year.

BTW, the pros? Evenly split between Benji and Travis.....and each side accused the other of being the incarnation for Satan and the reason for the Bush administration. We were downright tame compared to those folks!

Transcribed by Sharnina

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
there will be a week off next week bc of 4th but probably not in top 10

what are we going to do next week?

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-27-07, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
I'm just looking forward to some good dancin'. I'll take the judging/voting as it comes.

06-27-07, 07:48 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
I think that is a great attitude!

I would like to say I will do the same, but methinks I will get wrapped up in all the drama.

Welcome by the way!

Snidget's to blame!

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
"methinks I will get wrapped up in all the drama."

well judging by that sigpic, you really should wrap yourself in something.

06-27-07, 08:26 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
The drama helps cure the boredom between shows , and we aren't far along enough into the competition to pick favorites and hate each others' guts forever and ever.

06-29-07, 02:15 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
Let's look at the judges decisions last night, and see if we can figure out what they were thinking, and why they chose to eliminate Jesus and Jessi. (Ha! Yeah right. Who can understand insanity? But let's give it a shot.)

The generalizations presented here are solely my opinion. YMMV.

The girls:

Lauren
Week 1: Salsa. It was ok.
Week 2: Hip Hop. It was ok.
Week 3: Tango. It was ok.
DFYL: Suckfest.

Sara
Week 1: Pop Jazz. Awesome.
Week 2: Paso Doble. Good/ok.
Week 3: Krump. Good/ok.
DFYL: Good/ok.

Anya
Week 1: Jive. Awesome
Week 2: Waltz. Very good.
Week 3: Hip Hop. It was ok.
DFYL: Suckfest.

Jessi
Week 1: Waltz. Awesome.
Week 2: Jazz. Awesome.
Week 3: Cha Cha. N/A (though when we finally did see it, it was very good.)
DFYL: Good/ok.

If the judges were basing most of their decision on performances, it looks like Lauren should have gone.
If the judges were basing most of their decision on DFYL, it looks like Lauren (or Anya) should have gone.
Instead, they boot Jessi. We can only hope it was for the sake of her health. *shrug*

The guys:

Neil
Week 1: Salsa. It was ok.
Week 2: Hip Hop. Good.
Week 3: Tango. It was ok.
DFYL: It was ok.

Jesus
Week 1: Pop Jazz. Awesome.
Week 2: Paso Doble. Awesome.
Week 3: Krump. Good/ok.
DFYL: Good.

Danny
Week 1: Jive. Awesome
Week 2: Waltz. Very good.
Week 3: Hip Hop. It was ok.
DFYL: Very good.

If the judges were basing most of their decision on performances, it looks like Neil should have gone.
If the judges were basing most of their decision on DFYL, it looks like Neil (or Jesus, because I know a lot of people really liked Neil's dance) should have gone.

So, what does all of this tell us? Basically the judges do whatever they want with no rhyme or reason or logic.
Whew! I'm certainly glad I did all of that analysis in order to prove something we already knew!

Star <3 Tribe

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-29-07, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
I give Neil more credit than you do and thought his solo was much better than Jesus'. The girls though I agree with you 100%. The judges suck.

Rockin’ the dance moves thanks to Tribey

06-29-07, 02:44 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
I am going to go home and watch my tape again. Since everyone else seems to think Neil's solo was great, I will try and watch it again with an open mind. I just remember thinking that he only did his signature spins and leg twists over and over again and there was no real dancing.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-07, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
I'm with you...lots of spins, lots of twists, no real anything else.

I have totally been in disagreement for the last two eliminations. And last nights brought me to tears.

What?

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-29-07, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
Yes, although I liked Jesus, I think that Neil's solo was the best one of the three last night, with Danny's being a close second. Jesus' solo was clearly the worst. They were faced with the difficult decision of cutting one of the better dancers in the competition (Jesus) vs. two of the best dancers (technically, anyhow) with Neil and Danny. I think all of the judges would have preferred to boot Cedric over Jesus, but they didn't have that option.

As for the girls, given the cursory way they cut Jessi (i.e., they didn't even do a "bottom two" for suspense purposes), I think there had to be a health reason for the decision. Dehydration plus EKG "irregularities" screams eating disorder, for instance.

Plus, I thought Jessi's solo was the worst of the four -- she's not a hip-hop dancer, and what was with that outfit? If you recall her solo dances during the Hollywood tryouts, she would have done WAY better if she'd stuck to a contemporary routine. Although I know that if she had actually danced on Wednesday night, she and Pasha would not have been in the bottom three, I think with the way things went down, she was the right one to boot. I'm just bummed that it means Pasha's going to be paired with Sara next week.

06-29-07, 02:48 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Basis for Elimination"
Heh. Yes, Jessi's outfit was rather unfortunate. She has a great body and she shouldn't have worn those horrible baggy sweats.
But I do think that she identifies herself as mostly hip-hop, with a knowledge of contemporary and other stuff. I didn't have a problem with her doing a hip hop solo.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •