The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finals -- season 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26657 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-14, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finals -- season 9"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-14 AT 11:18 PM (EST)

So, tonight we get our finals performances for this season. Who will win? Depends. Three singers vs. a band with a singer vs. a magician vs. a group of acrobats. Five of six are worthy winners, anyone's guess.

Miguel Dakota, singer. Mediocre contender at best, wouldn't have made it this far except he's wimmin/gay eye-candy. 01%. Would be lower but there are no zeroes or negatives at this point.

Sons of Serendip, band. Singer isn't the best remaining, but a respectable group. If the band hides again this week like last week, well it is just another singer act. 19%

AcroArmy, acrobats. Can they top themselves again? If so they go off the chart. But they are a group and groups don't win this unless they are dogs. 19%

Mat Franco, magician. If the music acts split the votes he could sneak in and win it all. 20%

Quintavious Johnson, singer. Impressive kid singer (12), always swings for the fences, has nowhere up to go. Potential fail of the week or would be higher. 20%

Emily West, singer. Guy/Lesbo eye-candy who has progressively turned up the heat with every performance, in it for the win, sleeper act of the season. Can she turn in another showstopper this week? If so she is solid. 21%

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finals -- season 9 toad455 09-16-14 1
 RE: Finals -- season 9 dabo 09-17-14 2
 RE: Finals -- season 9 TL 09-17-14 3
 Results! dabo 09-17-14 4
   RE: Results! EJConroy 09-18-14 5
       RE: Results! Agman2 11-05-14 6
 RE: Finals -- season 9 kidflash212 02-17-15 7
   RE: Finals -- season 9 Agman2 02-17-15 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

toad455 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-16-14, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toad455 Click to send private message to toad455 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finals -- season 9"
After tonight's finale, it should only be between Sons of Serendip & Emily West. Otherwise, it's not even close.

My Final Rankings
1. Sons of Serendip
2. Emily West
3. AcroArmy
4. Quintavious Johnson
5. Mat Franco
6. Miguel Dakota

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-17-14, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finals -- season 9"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-14 AT 09:51 AM (EST)

Well, there is no denying it. this was a bad week for us hot backup blonde fans. Dammit. Each of the finalists acts got two times to shine tonight, TWO TIMES!, and even with three singers and one band, hot backup singer blonde was not to be seen.

So much for the best season yet garbage-ola. But, oh yeah, the performances --

01. Quintavious Johnson, singer. Good way to start the show, he nailed it, but it did seem the same as always for him. Kid is way too good to be only twelve years old, he must be the reincarnation of Jackie Wilson.

02. Mat Franco, magician. Very neat presentation, snappy patter and kept it going throughout, kept it coming with the tricks, loved it.

03. Emily West, singer. Wonderful but not as killer as last time, and the staging with the bigbigbig red dress was just awful and then some.

04. Miguel Dakota, singer. His best one yet, and good of him to let that drummer steal the spotlight. If anyone needed hot backup blonde it was this dork.

05. Sons of Serendip, band. Touching performance, and the whole group shone up this time. Judge Heidi (of all people) pointed out their sincerity. Damn straight.

06. AcroArmy, acrobats. Their most artistic set yet, and wow wow wow! (despite a couple of very very minor timing problems.)

07. Mat Franco, magician. I could make a couple of dozen jokes about this set, but it was a big disappointment and I was yawning way before the finish. Thud.

08. Sons of Serendip, band. I absolutely totally hate that song, always have, but I will ignore that and say it was a good showcase for the singer. Less than spectacular, run of the mill.

09. Quintavious Johnson, singer. Very bold song choice, and WOW! that was a homerun. Frankie Lymon anyone?

10. Miguel Dakota, singer. Bold song choice, he proved he ain't no Michael Jackson anyway. I enjoyed this one but it wasn't a grand slam.

11. AcroArmy, acrobats. If ever an act could have used a longer break between sets, it was this one. They were spectacular this time, amped up the difficulty level to the highest they could, but exhaustion was setting in before they finished, damn shame.

12. Emily West, singer. Sweet spot to the eye-candy, and this time she came up with another surprising song choice. If she had only upped it another notch she would have secured the win.

TL 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-17-14, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TL Click to send private message to TL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finals -- season 9"
I think Emily West will take it. With 4 singing acts, you know one of them will win it and she seems to be the safest bet as Sons of Serendip and Miguel were both at the bottom last time (and because Miguel quite frankly sucks). Her performance of Chandelier was much better last time but this one was still good. I think she did enough to get the votes. I like Howard's comment at the end of the show where he said something like "some have the charisma but don't sing that good" because you KNOW he was talking about Miguel.

I would love to see Sons of Serendip or AcroArmy win but I don't think either will. Quintavious will be a big star one day but I don't think he is going to win either. Matt Franco is interesting but I'm more into the traditional big illusions like Murray did.

This year hasn't done it for me at all, there's not really an act that I'm really pulling for. As long as Miguel doesn't win, I'll be fine.

09-17-14, 10:32 PM (EST)
4. "Results!"
Well, that was an odd finish to the season, didn't see it coming. Lot of great guests acts tonight, naturally, and then they finally got around to announcing the results.

Sixth place goes to singer Miguel Dakota, which is right but for the problem that he shouldn't have made it this far anyway. Then it got weird.

Fifth place goes to singer Quintavious Johnson. Incredible kid, he took it well.

Fourth place goes to band Sons of Serendip! Aw, man. Three of four musical acts gone, the music acts are splitting up the music voting bloc!

Third place goes to acrobats AcroArmy. Of course, because America prefers solo acts to groups, just check the records. Ventriloquist dummies do not constitute a group, sorry.

At long last--

Second place goes to singer Emily West!

And the winner is magician Mat Franco!!!

EJConroy 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-18-14, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EJConroy Click to send private message to EJConroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Results!"
Ah, the summer ends, the leaves begin to change, and AGT Season Nine comes to an end...

>Well, that was an odd finish
>to the season, didn't see
>it coming.

Seriously? Didn't see it coming? How many times did they mention "we've never had a magician win AGT" in the course
of the season? Heck, there were three magic acts in the final 12 alone. Maybe finally they found a magician they
could live with--a magician without that nauseating David Copperfield glitz. By that logic, next year should have
a comedian win. Stay tuned...

Lot of
>great guests acts tonight, naturally,
>and then they finally got
>around to announcing the results.

Yeah...it was an hour and thirty minutes of screwing around and a half hour of intense results. And what the heck
was Jennifer Hudson supposed to be, anyway? J-Hud just does not sound as good as J-Lo...

>Sixth place goes to singer Miguel
>Dakota, which is right but
>for the problem that he
>shouldn't have made it this
>far anyway.

Well, if three of the judges had picked the electric cellists, Miguel would have been sent packing...but in a rare
move the decision fell to the voters. Sigh.

Then it
>got weird.

Dude, we were already there.

>Fifth place goes to singer Quintavious
>Johnson.

YES!!! Oh don't get me wrong. The kid was fine...a little creepy maybe, but fine. I thought the AGT machine was
over-pushing him, though. Think about it. You're 12, you have all these big grown up people in show business
telling you you're Second Coming phenomenal...and then you find yourself in fifth place. That had to have hurt.
And then, AGT tries to kiss the ouchie by sending you and your family to...was it Universal Orlando? Because of his
age? Mara Justine was the same age. She didn't get a consolation prize. Hell, no one else got a consolation
prize. Oh well. Once Quintavious was down I was able to relax and get into the top four.

>Fourth place goes to band Sons
>of Serendip! Aw, man.

They always struck me as the best musicians in the pack, but maybe a little too ethereal to take it all.

> Three of four musical
>acts gone, the music acts
>are splitting up the music
>voting bloc!

Good, I thought. How many other music competitions are there? Variety is sweet.

>Third place goes to acrobats AcroArmy.
> Of course, because America
>prefers solo acts to groups,

And they were flawless, too! Not counting the Olate Dogs, they did get farther than any group act before them...

>At long last--
>
>Second place goes to singer Emily
>West!

She'll do just fine. Being the runner up didn't cramp Jackie Evancho!

>And the winner is magician Mat
>Franco!!!

This was stunning/shocking, and in a good way. He seems a genuinely decent bloke, so kudos to him!

And that wraps up Season Nine. Everyone, have a good fall/winter/spring, take care of yourselves, and
see you next June!

Agman2 574 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-05-14, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Results!"
You too, and we'll look forward to seeing you back.

Alarmingly masterful tribal creation

kidflash212 4301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-17-15, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finals -- season 9"
<YAWN> Did I miss it?

Agman2 574 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-17-15, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finals -- season 9"
Nah, just go back to sleep now.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •