The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Twelve! - season 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26464 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-14, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Twelve! - season 9"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-14 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

So we have the top 12 for this season. Is 12 the magic number this year? Who do you like, what are your rankings of these acts, what outcomes do you expect of the sucker-voters of America? Stuff like that. And what do you think of the cheating snapplegoogle only one way to vote live thingamabob that's been going on these past couple of weeks and which we will probably have to endure this week as well? I would guess you know what I think of it by now.

Typically, we have a lot of singers in this group, hopefully they will spend this week knocking each other out of the running.

I - Mara Justine (12), singer

II - Quintavious Johnson (12), singer

III - Emily West, singer

IV - Miguel Dakota, singer

Rounding out the audible six here are also two musical acts, both of which I like better than three of the above.

V - Sons of Serendip, band.

VI - Emil & Dariel, cellist brothers.

Last time the judges advised E&D to get a singer, as if Sir Paul was going to suddenly appear and steal the show. I hope they resist that urge, but if they succumb let her be eye candy, like that hot backup blonde from last week.

In the variety corner we have three magic acts going head to head to head.

VII - David and Leeman, magician pair.

VIII - Mat Franco, magician.

IX - Mike Super, mystifier (and winner of NBC's 2007 competition Phenomenon).

And rounding things out are the three remaining physical and visual acts.

X - AcroArmy, acrobats team.

XI - Blue Journey, techno-enhanced dance duo.

XII - Christian Stoinev (and the Scoobies), hand balancer (dog act).

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Twelve! - season 9 undercovermonk 09-08-14 1
   RE: Top Twelve! - season 9 dabo 09-09-14 2
 Performance! dabo 09-09-14 3
   RE: Performance! toad455 09-10-14 4
 RE: Top Twelve! - season 9 undercovermonk 09-10-14 5
 Results! dabo 09-10-14 6
   RE: Results! toad455 09-11-14 7
   RE: Results! undercovermonk 09-15-14 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

undercovermonk 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-08-14, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail undercovermonk Click to send private message to undercovermonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Twelve! - season 9"
Well last week kinda redeemed the prior one. Sad to see smoothini and bad boys of ballet iss the cut when you have Mara Justine and Miguel there but que sera sera. My personal power rankings going in to top 12 are:

1. Sons of Serendip- Im not usualy a fan of vocalists on his show BUT they are so unique AND so alented that they are heads and tails above everyone else. I don't think they have the story to win but the last few years have surprised me.

2.Quintavius Johnson- Its killing me putting two vocal acts at the top but he has some serious chops. He's not as polished as Serendip but this kid has the range and the personality to make it to the top.

3. Emil and Dariel- The more I wach These kids play the better I like them. Loved their semi-final performance and was sad to hear about their grandpa. I don't think that they can win but should rock out the show again tonight.

4. David and Leeman- These two are hilarious. Not the best magicians but I kinda see them as more comedians at this point anyway. The comedy has sucked this year so if they can put together a decent trick; America is hungry for laughs and will reward them with votes.

5. Acro Army- These guys came out of nowhere last time. I did not like their Quarter final showing but both Judgement Week and Last Week were stupendous. Their main thrower really makes a difference. If they can do that two more times we may have our first group champions.

6. Emily West- She has really grown on me. Literally every performance has gotten better. America and the judges seem to like her so I think she is a front runner.

7. Blue Journey- America loves its technology fueled dance acts.Unfortunately for them I see them falling to the singers and magicians this week. Decent act but not strong enough to win.

8. Matt Franko- Young hip magician. Of course America likes him. He is a spitting image of last year's Collins Key. I think he will move on to the finale.Not a huge fan of him myself but he's not terrible.

9. Christian and Scooby- This guy needs to have scooby onstage but go back to the hand-balancing. His best act was still his audition and he has never matched that. But the best hand-balancer is already gone so what do I know. America loves Scooby.

10. Mike Super- This guy stepped up in the semi-finals BUT I think that was a fluke and not a trend. I feel he is the weakest of the magicians and will need to bring it if he wants to get past Matt Franko.

11. Miguel Dakota- Boring singer who has gotten by on his looks and his story. I'm hoping the combo of Quintavius and West will knock him out of the running but who knows America watches the show they don't listen.

12. Mara Justine- Why why why am I still writing about this girl. She has NOOOOOOOOO talent. she shouts her way through songs and the judges heap praise. When she actually tries to sing the judges give critique and America still keeps voting. She has never been in the top 4 so I think I am safe to say she won't be around much longer. This show has likely ruined any chance this poor girl had at a normal life.

Well there you have it. I expect Quintavius, Matt Franko, and Emily West to make the finale. I hope Sons of Serendip and David and Leeman join them. But who knows what will happen this week. Buckle up gang its gonna be a bumpy ride to finale week.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-09-14, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Twelve! - season 9"
Well, one thing seems obvious, this season just isn't generating the excitement of previous seasons. Especially season 8, the finals last year were a real wild ride.

Pretty much agree with a lot you say. Sons of Serendip don't have the best vocalist in the running, but as a group they have their act so together. They may need to jazz it up a bit to get the win. Quintavious can get better, but he is amazing already, especially for his age. David and Leeman are very good showmen. I haven't been much impressed with the magic this season, too much involving the judges, not enough wows. Love Emil & Dariel, they have to be careful about song choices because (maybe just my opinion) some songs just don't seem to work for their instruments. I felt Blue Journey got overwhelmed by the technology last time, glad they made it through and hope that they can rebound. If the Army can keep it at the level they showed last time for two weeks they could potentially win. Christian should just work on his balancing, leave the Scoobies in the wings. Emily has proven herself a trooper, and giving her her due she has shown she can give it everything she's got when she's in the spotlight. Miguel bores me to tears. Love Mara, she has amazing raw talent, but she needs some actual training to get that talent under control. My personal rankings, how I would like things to turn out (not that they will):

01. Sons of Serendip

02. AcroArmy

03. Christian Stoinev

04. Emil & Dariel

05. Quintavious Johnson

06. Blue Journey

07. David and Leeman

08. Mike Super

09. Emily West

10. Mat Franco

11. Mara Justine

12. Miguel Dakota

09-09-14, 11:38 PM (EST)
3. "Performance!"
Haven't figured out my votes just yet, but is there any way I can vote for hot backup blonde? She was on three times tonight and she was ... Stunning! Anyway, tonight's performances.

01. Mara Justine. Disaster. Don't know what the judges and live audience heard, on TV it was just a disaster.

02. David and Leeman. These are entertaining guys, their sets are well planned and they amuse. Been better. The magic this time seemed just this side of amateur.

03. Sons of Serendip. The singer really really stepped it up this time, fantastic performance. Unfortunately, as far as I was concerned, the other three members of the band pretty much disappeared, overwhelmed by the additional orchestra. But I doubt many voters will have noticed.

04. Christian Stoinev. Wisely let Scooby start the set, then made it all Christian and all balancing. Some very impressive stuff from the young man tonight, though it did seem a bit wobbly.

05. Emil & Dariel. I'm with Heidi this time, thought they played it safe and were too laid back. And, like SOS, allowed themselves to get overwhelmed by the extra players and backup chorus.

06. AcroArmy. Incredible stunts tonight, just blew me away. The dance moves need some better coordination, dance isn't their thing but I get it that the moves are there to keep the momentum going.

07. Quintavious Johnson. Okay, is this kid the reincarnation of James Brown? Perfection, he can't be only 12.

08. Mike Super. Very neat trick dollar, obviously came up with this set to go head to head against David and Leeman. Better magic trick, it's still a build to a payoff.

09. Blue Journey. Bizarre performance, the dancers themselves were wonderful but the choreographer needs to learn to tie things together into something coherent and comprehensible.

10. Emily West. Surprising song choice, absolutely loved it, "Nights in White Satin" was right up her alley and she owned it.

11. Mat Franco. He got the magic card stuff going early and kept it coming. You had the King of Hearts, right? Very fun.

12. Miguel Dakota. Ug, how come this wannabe lounge singer gets the sweet spot, ug ug ug. Okay, wait, who is this guy pretending he's Miguel? He's no Mick Jagger but it's like someone gave Miguel a wake-up pill. Extra credit for having hot backup blonde there, of course.

So, how should I vote. Reviewing...

Sons of Serendip
AcroArmy
Quintavius
Emily
Mat
um....
Christian.

YMMV

toad455 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-10-14, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toad455 Click to send private message to toad455 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Performance!"
MY RANKINGS
1. Emily West
2. Sons of Serendip
3. Christian Stoinev
4. AcroArmy
5. Mat Franco
6. Quintavius Johnson
7. David & Leeman
8. Emil & Dariel
9. Blue Journey
10. Mike Super
11. Miguel Dakota
12. Mara Justine

09-10-14, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail undercovermonk Click to send private message to undercovermonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Twelve! - season 9"
AGT Top 12

1. Mara Justine- at least they are getting the unworthy act out of the way. That opening package is making me sick. There is no way this doesn't screw her up for life. Having the entire school line the halls for her on her first day. And yeah right she didn't know. Oh well on to the singing. For the love of God turn off the echo. And she has a backing track. Horrible. Just horrible. Missed the big note badly. Shut up judges.

2. David and Leeman- These guys are hilarious. Even their package is funny. Good trick. A little simple. These guys always make me smile. I'm glad I got to see them once more. How many acts do you guys think Mel will say America has to vote for. I love these guys!!!

3. Sons of Serendip- Nooooo these guys need to be later in the show. I'm voting them no matter what. great just listening to them sing hallelujah in their package. goosebumps. Wow that was beautiful. Standing Ovation well earned. Howard was right we don't hear them open up like that before.

4. Christian Stoinev- Makes the genius decision to have Scooby at the judges table while he does some handbalancing. OK so much for that. Once he got up to do the actual hand-balancing the act improved. It was a great performance.

5. Emil and Dariel- Is no one from this famiy unlikeable. I almost want to see them win just to see the smile on the face of their grandfather. AMAZINGLY GOOD SONG CHOICE. And the reveal of the singers perfectly done. WOW!!!! Favorite act of the night so far. Can someone shoot Mel. Enough with the hyperbole for every act. Heidi is wrong the softer song choice was a nice change. Cellos are beautiful and they need to give them a chance to sing.

6. Acro Army- all my favorites are going early and its killing me. MORE DANGER????? The time cruch towards the end of the season is always toughest on dance acts. Jesus how long were they holding thoses poses before the act started. Wow these guys blow Christian out of the water. That was insane. They are moving on. I'm not sure how they will top themselves. THIS IS THE BEST ACT OF THE NIGHT SO FAR!!!!

7. Quintavius Johnson- Another favorite. I just know Miguel is being saved for last. This kid is hilarious. Dressing up Like Nick Cannon hilarious. Ohh that was smooth. Quintavius is going up up up, not down. Unbelievable. The acts are pulling out all the stops.

8. Mike Super- He really is the cinderella of this show. He needs to bring it if he wants to stand out from the other acts. A little boring to start. The cashnado and nick was pretty fun. The trick was good. This what makes magic hard to judge. His trick was better but his delivery was meh. Mel believes in magic. Ugh.

9. Blue Journey- ooh a rare appearence by the Middendorp. Interesting song choice. The dancing is once again meh but the video projection is top notch. The ladder stuff was very cool. I do think its a slight step down from last week. I think they may be done.

10. Emily West- Great this means Miguel is getting the top spot. That was a great rendition of somewhere over the rainbow in her package. Beautiful set design. Wow she just gets better and better each week. Not much else to say. Well done.

11. Matt Franko- Lets see what you have for us Matt. What that trick with the card was insane. No way. PUT HIM THROUGH!!!! For the first time I am behind Matt Franko. Well done. SHUT UP MEL! Seriously can we get rid of her.

Sidenote: I LOVE THE MUPPETS CAN"T WAIT TO SEE THEM ON THE RESULTS SHOW

12. Miguel Dakota- The guy who isgoing to take out one of my favorites. Im pre-disposed to dislike him so if he wants to impress he better bring it. Meh. Not as bad as usual but I still don't like it. Sorry Dakota I prefer Quintavius, Emily, and Sons of Serendip. No standing Ovation. The judges being critical. Perhaps they will sink his boat.

Power Rankings:

1. Acro Army
2. Emil and Dariel
3. Sons of Serendip
4. Quintavius Johnson
5. Emily West
6. Matt Franko
7. David and Leeman
8. Christian Stoinev
9. Mike Super
10. Blue Journey
11. Miguel Dakota
12. Mara Justine

The top 6 are undeniable and for once I think there is a chance America will agree with me. There is a chance that Miguel could knock out Sons of Serendip who I think will be on the bubble.

09-10-14, 11:15 PM (EST)
6. "Results!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-14 AT 11:17 PM (EST)

All in all it was a pretty good night. Though I had my favorites this week, basically there were only two acts I wanted to see knocked out of the competition this week, both of them singers.

Jackie showed up to sing and play with the Muppets, YAY! Oh, after some political delay and the requisite talking heads.

So, first Nick called out the three acts which finished 5 and 6 and 7 in the voting this week, "America" would live vote to save one and put it through to Finals. They were

cellists Emil & Dariel
chick magnet singer Miguel Dakota
band Sons of Serendip

Yes yes yes! The prospects of hot backup blonde appearing again next week just went off the chart!!!

Then it was time to put through the first of our Final Six, pitting female singers

Emily West
Mara Justine

in a head to head match. No contest, Mara this week had the biggest disaster performance of the season while Emily has proven to be the sleeper contestant coming from behind to finish strong. And of course Emily got the nod, Mara can go back to school a big hero.

The next head to head were the two physical/visual treats

acrobats AcroArmy
dancers Blue Journey

And AcroArmy with a second knock-out performance in a row easily put Blue Journey on the lonesome trail.

It was young turk time next pitting against each other

singer Quintavious Johnson
balancer Christian Stoinev

This was another no-brainer for me, and America agreed, singer Quint put Christian in the doghouse. Sorry to see Stoinev go, but if he had to lose to a singer my Gawd what a kid. I mean, if he isn't Rick James reincarnated is he Sammy Davis, Jr., reincarnated?

That left the three magic acts to battle for the fourth final spot. Would it be:

Mat Franco?
Mike Super?
David? and Leeman?

Prestochangeo, it's Mat playing with the king of hearts!

Time to find out who instant vote "America" saved this week for the fifth final spot, and 'RAY!!!! it's

Sons of Serendip!

Leaving it to the judges to decide between kid cellists E&D or the virtually talentless Miguel except he, you know, has the look. Horny for some Dakota judges Heidi and Mel, of course, gave their hearts to Miguel. But then the Hows valiantly tied the vote, sending it to the tiebreaker Which act actually got more of America's votes this week.

Unfortunately, it was the barely talented singer, though not even some Fashion Week underoos will be able to get him the win next week.

toad455 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-11-14, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toad455 Click to send private message to toad455 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Results!"
Heidi should be embarrassed for putting Miguel through on looks only. What a waste of of our time to have to see him perform again next week. It should of been Emil & Dariel.

09-15-14, 05:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Results!"
I was unable to watch the results due to losing power during a nasty thunder storm. I caught the highlights though. Loved the muppets minus miss piggy. I was cool with the top 4 especially when America saved Sons of Serendip. I won't say anything bad about the snapple save anymore. I am dissapointed in the judges. Its totally uncomfortable how Mel acts around Miguel. One bad apple in the top 6 isn't too bad even if we have 4 vocal acts in a variety competition. But how amazing would the finals be if the Emil and Darriel had made it through.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •