The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-27-13, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13"
Wish I knew how they determined the line-ups for these shows. This week seems designed to put some acts in head to head competitions, hurting their mutual chances, with a couple of acts poised to sail right through to the semis. Oh, well, that's show biz.

Struck Boyz, dance crew.

Brad Byers, geek.

Forte (Fernando, Sean and Josh), singing trio.

Ciana Pelekai, singer.

(The Walnut Creek) Aquanuts, synchronous swim team.

Angela Hoover, comedian.

Alexandr Magala, stunt geek.

Kid the Wiz (Donny ?), dancer/hat tricks.

Dave Shirley, comedian.

Innovative Force, acrobatic dance troupe.

Marty Brown, singer.

Tone the Chiefrocca and hypeman ColyCole (Anthony and Colby Granger), rapper.

If it seems I have an obvious bias against sword swallowers, well yes I do. If you enjoy that sort of thing, fine, but it just makes me cringe, don't enjoy it one little bit.

Anyway, trivia question for everyone this week: What do Brad Byers and Ciana Pelekai have in common?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13 dabo 07-27-13 1
   RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13 TL 07-29-13 2
 RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13 Scarriemonster 07-31-13 3
   RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13 dabo 07-31-13 4
       RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13 frankz 07-31-13 7
   RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13 TL 07-31-13 6
       RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13 Corvis 07-31-13 8
 RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13 susang 07-31-13 5
 RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13 UndercoverMonk 07-31-13 9
 Results dabo 07-31-13 10
   RE: Results TL 08-01-13 11
   RE: Results frankz 08-01-13 12
       RE: Results dabo 08-01-13 13
           RE: Results TL 08-01-13 14
           RE: Results frankz 08-01-13 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-27-13, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13"
Anyway, not that I'm that good at handicapping, this week why not give it a shot.

Brad Byers v Alexandr Magala. I, of course, hope they both get knocked out of the competition. But since Alex combines his geek with dance and acrobatics, his chances are better than Brad's.

Struck Boyz v Kid the Wiz. Doesn't matter how much attitude the Boyz have, the Kid with his light feet style is just a better dancer and more fun to watch.

Angela Hoover v Dave Shirley. Hate to lose either of them, really, and I just don't know who would have the edge as they are different styles of comedian.

Aquanuts v Innovative Force. Synchronous swimming as a sport may seem laughable, but it did originate as a performance art and can be fun to watch. Still, swimmers can't bring on the speed and stunts of those in the air, I think Innovative Force will take this one. Unless they screw up the routine, and they have a lot of people out there.

That leaves the singers, Forte v Ciana v Marty v Tone. Marty is almost certain to get through, America loves those country boys. (He also had a career as a recording artist in the early '90s, toured, so he probably won't have any problem with stage fright and such.) Forte and Ciana, one or both may also make it through, hard to call. Fun as Tone is, I just can't wrap my head around someone being a one-hit wonder wannabe, but maybe he has a B-side.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

TL 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-29-13, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TL Click to send private message to TL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13"
My thoughts on each act so far...

Alexandr Magala
I like danger acts and he has been good so far. Unless his next performance is absolutely incredible though I don't see him going through. I definitely like better than Brad Byers though.

Angela Hoover
I like her a lot and I would much rather see a comedian than another slightly above average singer. If she comes up with a good act I could see her going through.

Aquanuts
I don't see them getting through this round as I don't think synchronized swimming will resonate with most of the audience. Plus from a logistics standpoint, how would this work in a live show?

Brad Byers
I don't see him getting through this round either. There are much better danger acts already in the competition.

Ciana Pelekai
I like her better than Anna Christine but for me, one kid singer act is already too much. I don't think audiences will connect with her as much as Anna Christine either.

Dave Shirley
We haven't seen much of him but what we did see was pretty cool. Hard to predict how he will do but again I'd rather have a comedian over another singer.

Forte
If a singing act has to go through, which I'm sure at least one will, this would be my pick. I like the way the voices sound together and at least with these guys we get three singers for the price of one. I see them not getting the votes though.

Innovative Force
I'm not much of a dance fan so this act does not interest me. I could see them getting votes though due to their backgrounds.

Kid the Wiz
He's okay, but we have better dancers like that Japanese guy. I think Kid will run out of steam this time as I think he probably has used up all his tricks already.

Marty Brown
America loves their country singers as long as they don't lie about their military backgrounds (LOL). I think he will get through easily as long as he does decently well.

Struck Boyz
Please...just stop...

Tone the Chiefrocca
I have the feeling they will just do that same song again. While that song was catchy, I don't think it will move them to the next round.

Scarriemonster 12 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-13, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarriemonster Click to send private message to Scarriemonster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13"
Well that was two hours I'll never get back. Maybe I should have watched Big Bang Theory reruns instead. But since I did watch...

>Struck Boyz, dance crew--Maybe they're talented at whatever it is that they do, but I can't stand the running theme of the act. Additionally, I'm a little uncomfortable with kids doing potentially suggestive dance moves.

>Brad Byers, geek--How does one manage to lie on a bed of nails and be run over by a truck (or whatever)and have it be so utterly dull?

>Forte (Fernando, Sean and Josh), singing trio--This isn't my cup of tea but I'd have to be dead oblivious to miss the real talent.

>Ciana Pelekai, singer--I didn't care for the Rainbow Brite Goes to Hell packaging, but fortunately she rose above and beyond it.

>(The Walnut Creek) Aquanuts, synchronous swim team--SynchSwim gets almost no respect in this country, even though it's beautiful and requires extreme athleticism. If the girls go through I will be delighted.

>Angela Hoover, comedian--She's a brilliant impressionist and an affable comedienne.

>Alexandr Magala, stunt geek--Take The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails and turn it into a living human being. I can't help but thrill to the mortal peril.

>Kid the Wiz (Donny ?), dancer/hat tricks--Keep hat tricks in hockey.

>Dave Shirley, comedian--Really? He was supposed to be funny?

>Innovative Force, acrobatic dance troupe--They certainly redefine the young girl dance troupe!

>Marty Brown, singer--This did nothing for me. Nothing. Not a thing.

>Tone the Chiefrocca and hypeman ColyCole (Anthony and Colby Granger), rapper--They put this at the end, because if it had been any earlier everyone would have changed the channel.

I hate to be grumpy, but...

>Anyway, trivia question for everyone this
>week: What do Brad Byers
>and Ciana Pelekai have in
>common?

I dunno. They're fraternal twins? ;)

"All statements are true in some sense,
false in some sense, meaningless in some
sense, true and false in some sense,
true and meaningless in some sense,
false and meaningless in some sense, and
true and false and meaningless in some
sense."
--Principia Discordia

07-31-13, 09:47 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13"
Yeah, that was a pretty awful performance show for the most part, the sort of show to get folks switching channels wondering what else is on. No idea who is going to survive to the next round.

01. Innovative Force, dance/acrobatics troupe. They managed to show some good dance and some impressive stunts, but they were fighting the lights (stage effects) and the lights won.

02. Ciana Pelekai, singer. I was rooting for this kid but thought it a weak performance. The live audience loved it, though.

03. Alexandr Magala, stunts. I kind of liked it at first with the flare, but then he lost me with sword swallowing (what, again!) and a shaky performance. Didn't care for the sob story either.

04. Struck Boyz, dance crew. Enough already. They did step it up a bit from their previous audition, but it still wasn't all that good. Stay in school.

05. Brad Byers, stunts. I think he just peaked. Some good stunts. Do I want to see more? Nah.

06. Kid the Wiz, dancer. He put together a pretty complicated routine this time, very enjoyable even though he missed on one of his hat tricks.

07. Forte, singers. Very nice performance.

08. Angela Hoover, comedian. Kind of silly but worth a few laughs. Good joke to start, finish strong, that's how you do stand-up.

09. Dave Shirley, comedian. Thud.

10. Marty Brown, singer. Well, he blew it. The one act this week I thought was a sure thing, and he blew it. Just couldn't handle it. America will probably vote him through anyway, he's so emotional.

11. Aquanuts, synchronous swimmers. That was worth it for the underwater cameras alone. Seriously, a pretty nice performance, liked what I saw, good synch, but someone needs to tell the TV people the show is not what goes on underwater.

12. Tone the Chiefrocca, rapper. Best repeat of the night! For a guy who only has one song he sure is making the most of it.

Answer to trivia question in hidden text, highlight --> Brad and Ciana both were in season 4 and were both eliminated in the Vegas round.

frankz 1210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-31-13, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13"
A very disappointing show. It’s too bad we have to pick 4, it will be tough.

01. Innovative Force, dance/acrobatics troupe.
As you all know, I’m no fan of the kids acts and I don’t particularly like dancing so they started out with two strikes, but hey, they pay me the big bucks around here to be a judge so I gave them a chance. They weren’t bad and the throwing around was pretty cool but there were too many of them and too many different things going on. Would probably be better if they cut them in half (the size of the group that is, not the kids, although that’s an act I’d consider watching, are you listening Brad Byers?)

02. Ciana Pelekai, singer.
This Tiffany-style performance was not up my alley. So why did I pick Anna last week? Song choice. Anna has a voice beyond her years and the song choice allowed her to appeal to an older audience, and a good interpretation of the song. Ciana is (was?) geared to teeny-boppers (no offense to teeny-boppers). BTW, Howard really likes her and was looking forward to her performance. He was disappointed.

03. Alexandr Magala, stunts.
I liked it, very dangerous. I’m not sure he was as injured as he acted (or as Heidi tried to get him to admit) but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was. This is the real stuff. It’s not for everyone (my Mom said she didn’t watch a second of it) but with the other disasters this week, he has a chance.

04. Struck Boyz, dance crew.
Kids again, with gratuitous attitudes no less. Dancing. Stage Moms. AARRGGHH. Three strikes before they even started.

05. Brad Byers, stunts.
Now these were tricks, in contrast to Alexandr. He put the pencil in the front side of the fan and his tongue in the back where it’s not sharp. And lying on a bed of nails is not really dangerous, not that I would do it. Adding weight doesn’t increase the danger.

06. Kid the Wiz, dancer.
He’s pretty good but we’ve seen it already. Not much more you can do with a hat. And he missed once and bobbled a few times. Not good enough.

07. Forte, singers.
Not my thing but there is no denying they have talent. I have to agree with Mel B though, they just didn’t seem as passionate as Branden James. But still an excellent performance, the only sure thing this week.

08. Angela Hoover, comedian.
I liked her. She’s quick on her feet as well. In the top 4 easily considering the competition.

09. Dave Shirley, comedian.
This was just bad. The mark on the floor was obviously in the wrong spot. He was out of sync more often than he was in. Even if it worked I don’t think it’s good enough to go on. But this was a disaster.

10. Marty Brown, singer.
How disappointing. Everything went wrong. From the opening notes where he sounded like an adolescent whose voice is breaking to the goofy dancing around. He should just stick to playing the guitar and singing solo, the background singers were distracting. But, America might give him enough votes due to past performances or pity for this melt-down that he could be in the final 4 or 5.

11. Aquanuts, synchronous swimmers.
I liked it, but then I like legs in high-heels. This is not easy and requires talent. I would argue that they are the most talented in this bunch. However, how are they going to do this on stage? They really can’t and that limits them. I think the underwater camera added a nice dimension. Including the obvious, it allowed us to see how they get into position to end up in the middle to be tossed. Again, based upon the every weak competition they are a wildcard this week.

12. Tone the Chiefrocca, rapper.
Ok, this was fun! Sure, he’s a self-proclaimed one-hit wonder but they put on a show with the car and the booty dancers and the lights, etc. Yeah, it’s dumb and it will soon get old but for tonight, they were good enough for one more version of B O O T Y.

So top 4
Forte – Easily
Angela Hoover – Good enough for this week.
Alexandr Magala – I think he’ll get enough votes to squeak in.

And then we have
Aquanuts and Marty Brown.
If the judges have to decide between these two I think they will let Marty through. I would vote for Aquanuts though.

07-31-13, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TL Click to send private message to TL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13"
And I thought last week's performance show was bad...

Innovative Force
Pretty good act, especially considering how bad this show was overall. Some of the tricks were impressive given that these are young girls doing them. I think they have a good chance of getting through. America loves its small town girls.

Ciana Pelekai
Bad song choice. It got better as it went on and at least the crowd seemed to enjoy it. Judges always say a song is "too big" for people but oddly enough this song seemed "too small" for her. The entire population of Hawaii will be voting for her so she has a chance of going to the next round.

Alexandr Magala
The flare thing was pretty cool and as dangerous as the sword swallowing plus dancing is, it's just more of the same. Plus the end of the act seemed very awkward. I think he has a good chance because at least he didn't totally mess up and blow it.

Struck Boyz
They have some skill, but I feel like these kids are the embodiment of what is wrong with America today. They're cocky, brash, lude, and just overall very annoying. I can understand that females find them entertaining, but like Howie and Howard, I did not have fun.

Brad Byers
The judges were "spot on" to quote Melby. What he did was great yet he somehow made it bland and somewhat boring. He should have used that time in Vegas to get a tan. I think it is the end of the road for him.

Kid the Wiz
He stepped it up as far as production values go, but it was still the same act and he messed up badly again. I thought it was funny that his pre-performance video said he was a street performer and then Kid says that dancing kept him off the streets. I guess he meant "the streets" as in gangs and drugs and whatnot but it was still an ironic statement. I think he has a chance as kids seem to love him.

Forte
Bad song choice. Again it felt like this was "too small" for them. Some of their interactions with each other during the performance, like simply turning and loooking at each other, felt awkward to me. Good job overall but I thought they could have done much better. I think they did enough to make it to the next round.

Angela Hoover
I thought her routine was pretty good. Her Heidi wasn't that great but Melby sounded pretty close. Her material is a little too tame though in my opinion and I think she needs some edgier stuff, which I think the judges have complained about before in previous seasons. I hope she gets through, I would like to see more of her.

Dave Shirley
He blew it. Nothing more needs to be said.

Marty Brown
Speaking of blowing it, what the heck happened here? Again, terrible song choice. As bad as he was, he has a chance to make it through still just based of his story and personality.

Aquanuts
I don't know how cool this is in real life, as all the camera work could either be greatly helping or hindering the performance. I don't think America cares much for synchronized swimming, and I don't think it carries over well on TV, so I don't think they will move on.

Tone the Chiefrocca
Bad song choice, LOL. After this act my girlfriend looked at me said "This was the best performance of the night. That's really sad." I agree with her, sadly. I guess these guys could make it through to the next round, which is really a shame since you know they will just do this song again.

Who goes through? Who cares. None of these acts showed me anything to make me believe they actually have a chance to win. And I know it's not Melby, but no one on this show, especially that Key kid, seem to separate Mel and B, so it sounds like Melby.

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-31-13, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13"
I agree that these acts overall weren't great.

Innovative Force
I'd like them okay, but it was kind of a hot mess in the sense that I never knew where to look next. They need a better director.

Ciana Pelekai
I liked her - she was better than that kid from last week.

Alexandr Magala
Did not like him. No, no, no. I think he cut his insides last night and just wasn't admitting it.

Struck Boyz
I am uncomfortable with their over the top sex-ish antics. If little girls were doing that kind of thing, people would be freaking out. They need better parents.

Brad Byers
Boring!

Kid the Wiz
Enh. The whole act I'm just watching to see if he drops his hat. Did he dance, too? I didn't notice.

Forte
Really liked them. They better move on.

Angela Hoover
Her Heidi was terrible, though the Mel B was decent. But it just wasn't that funny. And the Xtina stuff wasn't as funny as the AGT stuff, so she should have ended with the better material. Not that any of the material was that great.

Dave Shirley
So sad that he failed to stay together with the computer animation stuff. I liked his concept, but it was not ready for prime time.

Marty Brown
Terrible singing. Just an epic fail. I hope he doesn't get through.

Aquanuts
Swimming is boring.

Tone the Chiefrocca
Um, are they kidding? Terrible, terrible.

My predictions for who makes it through: Forte, Ciana Pelekai, Innovative Force and Marty Brown

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-31-13, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13"
Brad Byers: Zero stage presence

Angela Hoover: Funny, but her audition was better

Dave Shirley & Marty Brown: Both were epic fails

UndercoverMonk 16 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-13, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UndercoverMonk Click to send private message to UndercoverMonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Quarterfinal #2 7/30/13"
Man the last half of that show (after Forte) was just plain unwatchable. Lets get into an very tough episode to grade.

1. Innovative Force: I agree with some of the other posters. I love what they did. But they were kinda dwarfed by the stage. I also did not like the music choice but in a night of dissapointment they looked pretty darn good.

2. Ciana Pelekai: I actually really liked her voice. Even better than Ana's last week. She didn't have the obvious mess up and while I did not like the staging, costuming, or song choice I think she was one of the better acts of the night.

3. Alexandr Magala: This guy had a lot to live up to. He may have had the best vegas audition. This was a slight step down but I still love what he does. I was, and still am, worried about him but the rest of the acts were so weak I think he's easily in the top 5 and the judges raved so Im pretty sure we will be seeing Mr. Magala in the seifinals.

4. Struck Boyz: No just no. The judges summed up everything that is wrong with this act.

5. Brad Byers: I was surprised this guy moved on from vegas. His was by far the weakest that was shown in a very competitive Danger category this year. I disagreed with the judges on why he was'nt as good. He has fine stage present its just his tricks are not flashy enough. Still don't think he will move on.

6. Kid the Wiz: I can't help but feel bad for this kid. What he does is amazing (especially that last trick) but like jugglers if he messes up once it almost ruins it. I don't think America will get behind him even on a weak night.

7. Forte: Holy crap Forte rocked it. Im surprised so many of you are so ho-hum about this when crap like Andrew De Leon gets praised. Being a musical theater geek I can tell you its very easy to sing falsetto (the high girly like singing some opera singers try every year) Its much tougher to sing true tenor from your gut and new guy on their team kills it. The other two harmonize excellently and they are favorites to make finals for me. Not even close BEST ACT OF THE NIGHT!!!

And here is where it went down hill quickly....

8. Angela Hoover: I think Howard hit the nail on the coffin. She just wasn't funny enough. I thought her impressions were ok but the jokes were not there. Don't think she will move on.

9. David Shilrey: I didn't find him all that funny before. And even less so now. The only time I laughed is when he came out in his showgirl outfit at the end.

10. Marty Brown: I was surprised he didn't get the sweet pimp spot at the end. He had one of the strongest opening auditions of the season. I haven't seen a bomb this bad since the Kinetic King. Hopefully he (like his majesty) gets a second chance in the wildcard show. Because even though I'm not a big fan of solo singers on this show, he is just so darn likeable that Im pulling for him to get a second chance. If he gets put through tonight I will seriously consider never watching the show again.

11. Aquanaughts: Don't like synch swimming. Don't get synch swimming. I recognize the talent it takes but that was very unwatchable and I find it insulting that they do not have to put on a live show like the other acts. Less pressure.

12. Tone the chiefroocca: I'm torn with this act. Their enthusiasim is infectious but the song is Meh. Love the story and would not be sad if they did make it through but I'm not voting for them.

My powerrankings:
1. FORTE FORTE FORTE
2. Alexander Malaga
3. Ciana Pelekai
4. Innovative Force
5. Tone the Chiefrocca
6. Kid the Wiz
7. Angela Hoover
8. Aquanaughts
9. Brad Byers
10. Struck Boyz
11. Marty Brown
12. Dave Shirley

How America will vote:
1. Forte
2. Ciana Pelekai
3. Innovative Force (young kids equals vote happy people)

any of alexander, tone, kid, angela could grab the judges spot but I think alex stands the best chance. Im really only certain of Forte and Ciana moving forward.

07-31-13, 11:41 PM (EST)
10. "Results"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-13 AT 11:42 PM (EST)

Hey, I'm not down on Forte, I like them! Singers have an edge on AGT so I have a policy that I don't vote for singers unless they really wow me, and the safe song choice this week didn't wow me. I figure if singers can get through without my votes they usually deserve it. Falsetto is easy? Maybe, but really outstanding falsetto singers are pretty rare.

Anyway, a much better format for the results show this week. A lot of the expected time-wasters, of course.

The first three acts Nick called to the chopping block were:

Innovative Force
Struck Boyz
Aquanuts

Of these three my preference would be Aquanuts, IF was an acceptable. Both those acts suffered last night from bad television presentation, IF moreso than Aquanuts. As for the Boyz, I didn't think they were that good to begin with. Then Nick announced that Innovative Force was going through to the semis, Aquanuts and the S(tr)uck Boyz were out.

The next three acts Nick called up were:

Brad Byers
Kid the Wiz
Dave Shirley

This batch is a no-brainer for me, if one has to go through it has to be the Kid. Brad's stunts last night (yeah yeah, tricks really) were a bore, and Dave just bombed. Then Nick announced that they were all out. Well okay then. If the Kid comes back as a Wild Card I hope he does more dance, fewer hat tricks, because really most of them are just the same hat trick.

Then Alan Thicke's son came out and sang a catchy tune, and the accoustics were perfect!

The third set of acts Nick called out were:

Marty Brown
Alexandr Magala
Ciana Pelekai

Boy, a tough one. Marty totally bombed last night, doesn't deserve to go on. Alexandr does things I totally cannot stand but he has a following among those of you who enjoy that sort of thing, which is fine, but it was kind of a scary flawed performance last night. Ciana wasn't up to it, in my opinion, but probably has a following amongst the younger demographics and Hawaiians. Puzzler. Then Nick announced that Marty had been voted through to the semis.

Whu? Yeah, I knew it was possible, America is full of saps. Dumb America, he would have come back as a Wild Card anyway.

That left three acts to fill the final two spots, Nick called out:

Forte
Angela Hoover
Tone the Chiefrocca

Another no-brainer, Forte was clearly the best act of the weak week this week. But Angela had a good stand-up set (IMO) and Tone is on a roll. Nick then announced that Forte was in the semis, YAY!

Judges Choice came down to Angela and Tone. Heidi waffled a bit and voted for Tone. Mel waffled a bit and voted for Angela. Howie waffled a bit and voted for Tone. Howard started talking and it seemed like radio guy was going to run out the hour and take it to commercial break -- Nick for the love of us all next time start with Stern and be stern! -- and eventually voted for Angela. That left it to the tie-breaker, how America actually voted -- and Angela Hoover is in the semis.

08-01-13, 01:23 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Results"
I'm not surprised at all that Marty went through but that was an absolute travesty. I think his performance last night was the WORST I have ever seen on this show. Goes to show this is more of a popularity contest than anything but maybe it's not yet as bad as Olate Dogs doing literally the same act every round and winning the whole thing.

Overall the results went as I expected. I would have liked Alexandr Magala to go through but I think we will see him in the Wild Card round. I am very happy that Struck Boyz are gone.

08-01-13, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Results"
Well I got three out of four in spite of my convoluted reasoning. If I was on Whodunnit, I probably would have gotten a SCARED card.

Innovative Force – The one I missed. I would rather have seen Alexandr but I’m not disappointed with the result. Howie, or even Howard, might bring him back.

Marty Brown – I thought America might vote him through but didn’t expect him in the top three. But yes dabo, he certainly would have been a Wild Card.

Forte – A no-brainer.

Angela Hoover – I thought it was curtains for her when she had to go to the judges against Tone. But I’m glad Howard saw it my way. She has more potential. Really, what else can Tone do with that song after last night? We might find out in Wild Cards week. Maybe he can get the Aquanuts to swing their booty-clad high heels in rhythm to the beat and then have that dude who blows himself up end the show.

Next week doesn’t look very promising either. I can’t believe some of these acts got through and we haven’t even seen the belly slappers yet.

08-01-13, 04:19 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Results"
I think next week looks promising, going to be some tough cuts after the performances. Going to be rough on the variety acts going against two strong singers and an amazing solo dancer. And a dog. A kid with a dog.

But while it is still a variety show we can look forward to seeing an acrobatics team, Oriental themed dance, a rock band, an aerialist attached to a helium balloon (what a strange gimmick!), a comedian, the spouses choir, a magician, and for you danger junkies that snake guy.

08-01-13, 05:31 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Results"
A girl with a dog won Britain's Got Talent so a girl in America doing the exact same act will probably do very well too.

Next week's show looks promising. Hopefully it will make up for these past two dreadful weeks but that will be extremely difficult.

08-01-13, 05:58 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Results"
You make it sound much more exciting than the clips last night. Now I’m excited. I’m actually looking forward to the helium balloon aerialist. They only showed a very brief glimpse of that and it looked interesting.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •