The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-05-13, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-13 AT 08:15 PM (EST)

Well, if the line-up this week holds up to the pressure, we could be in for one of the best performance quarterfinals of the season. Results show might be frustrating, but ah well.

Coming up this week!

Chicago Boyz Acrobatic Team, acrobats

Deanna DellaCioppa, singer

Mitsi Dancing School (founder Mitsi Shen), dancers

Brandon and Savannah, band

Aerosphere Aerial Balloon Show (John and Alexandra Nock and son Andrew), gimmick act

Jim Meskimen, comedian/impressionist

Kenichi Ebina, dancer-ish

Kelsey and Bailey, groomer and dog

American Military Spouses Choir

(Pet peeve sidenote, on the NBC site it says this choir is composed of spouses from all four branches of the US military. Excuse me, but the Coast Guard is a branch of the US military too, there are five branches.)

Illusionist Leon Etienne and Romy Low

David "The Cobra Kid" Weathers, snake handler

Jonathan Allen, singer

Anyway, don't know when I'll get around to seeing the show, may be a long day tomorrow, don't anyone wait for me, just jump in with your opinions of the performances whenever you want.

This week we have another trivia question for you to ponder: Jim Meskimen is related to a famous actress, can you guess who?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13 UndercoverMonk 08-07-13 1
 RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13 bsquared 08-07-13 2
   RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13 dabo 08-07-13 3
 RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13 susang 08-07-13 4
 RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13 bsquared 08-07-13 5
   RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13 UndercoverMonk 08-07-13 6
 Results dabo 08-07-13 7
 RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13 Scarriemonster 08-08-13 8
   RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13 dabo 08-08-13 10
 RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13 TL 08-08-13 9
 RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13 UndercoverMonk 08-09-13 11
   RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13 dabo 08-09-13 12
       RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13 UndercoverMonk 08-10-13 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

UndercoverMonk 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-07-13, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail UndercoverMonk Click to send private message to UndercoverMonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
I swear this show makes me so mad. First NBC lets all the garbage acts into the same week resulting in one of the few talents being forgiven for totally bombing his act. Then they fill the next week with so much talent that they invite all the morons who believe singing is the only talent worth having. That said most of the acts brought it but no one bombed like last 2 weeks.

Let's get this started.

1. Aerosphere Aerial Balloon Show: We didn't see much of this act through vegas or auditions and I can see why. This act is not suited for television. I'm guessing it was much better live where she is spinning right above you. Still I agree with the judges as good as the trick was it was only one trick. No way she goes through.

2. Chicago Boyz: THIS IS WHY I WATCH THIS SHOW!!!!Unbelievable they kept amping it up through the entire 90 sec. there wasn't a dull moment. jumping rope on their knees on their back tumbling over one another and fighting through an injury like a beast. Of course anytime I love an act they never seem to go through. Why couldn't we have seen these Boyz last week. I hope the sining fans cannabalize each other and America doesn't forget them.

3. Mitsi Dancing School: I didn't think I would like this act but their was something mesmerizing about their movements. Very cool! Again where else am I going to see this. Thank you AGT for bringing them to a national audience who won't understand or appreciate them. That said they are not going through.

4. Kelsey and Bailey: A so so dog act that was...so-so. With all the talent on tonights stage I assume they will be forgotten...right America..Right....for the love of God I know you love cute animals and young kids but it just wasn't very good.

5. Brandon and Savanah: Like them...like the song choice..liked the stage presence....didn't like the singing. They seemed pretty weak in Vegas and they didn't improve much tonight. The only consilation to the singer heavy back half of the show is that brandon and savanah don't stand a chance. Sorry guys I do wish you luck in finding that record deal.

6. Illusionist Leon Etienne and Romy Low: I love magic. That said Howard was right to buzz. It was a great trick but I saw it coming and it just took to long get there. Again no chance they make it through.

7. Deanna DellaCioppa: Singer who should have been cut in Vegas. But now she is here and still do not like her voice or her sob story. Tonight she was bearable and I will be shocked if America does not put her through. wonderfully gloriously shocked.

8. Dave "Cobra Kid" Weathers: I like Mel and Heidi hate snakes. But i unlike the judges respect what he does and think he serves a great cause. Very terrifying. kept me riveted to the TV scree. Do I want to see more Snakes NO. Will America No. But I like you "cobra kid" and Im glad that we got to see you.

9. Jonathon Allen: I am sick of opera singers doing this song. One of them does it every year. Ave Maria will be done at some point too probably. however Jonathon voice is amazing. A true tenor and a joy to listen to. I actually think he is stronger than Brandon (not quite up there with Forte). Easy choice to get through.

10.Kenichi Ebina: This guys audition was awesome..maybe the best. But i hate when talented dancers go the video game route. It distracts from the insane level of talent this guy has. Im not sure America will vote him despite the judges heavy handed praise. The good news he earned himself at least a spot in the wildcard show where the competition is likely to be way easier. So regardless we should see him again.

11. Jim Meskimen: Usually comedians get stuck in the bog of the middle of the show. Im glad he is getting a prime spot. Too bad he wasn't on last week cause he is awesome. I think he is classes ahead of Angela. Just goes to show what a bad draw can do to you. hopefully the non-singer fans will help this guy out. Maybe a wildcard birth???

12. American Military spouse Chrior: I almost made a prostitution joke there. But seriously Great soloist average backers. This is the weakest in a strong field of chriors this year. But since the are married to service men and one of them is preggos and they are singing about heroes while stirring patriotic music soars should we just hand them the check. Good performance though.

My Power-rankings:
1. Chicago Boyz!!!!!!!!!!
2. Jonathon Allen
3. American Military yadda yadda
4. Jim Meskimen
5. Mitsi Dancing school
6. Kenichi Ebina
7. Denna Dellacoppa
8. Dave Cobra Kid
9. Illusionist
10. Aerial Ballon Show
11. Brandon and Savahnah
12. Kelsey and Bailey

I usually put top three and a guess at Judges choice but as I'm begging to believe judges choice is a load of bollocks and they are just going to force a tie to let America have final say every week (a mistake in my opinion) I will put 4 acts america will put through

1. American Military yada
2. Jonathon Allen
3. Denna
4. chicago Boyz???? please America!!!!

Kenichi or Jim will grab that 5th spot I think. just please no dog and her girl..... And Denna going down is a pipedream but I have 24 hours before cruel reality comes crashing in.

Final Word: Snake prank cost us time at the end of the show but was hilarious. I have a love/hate relationship with Howie. But the show def benifits from his antics.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

bsquared 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-07-13, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bsquared Click to send private message to bsquared Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
Hey there everyone! I'm bsquared, I'm new here but I've been searching for forums about AGT for a while and I'm glad to have found one! I went to the live results show last week and I'm going to the live performance show next week, and I love the show. I think this week was easily the best performance week overall, and there will be some acts that should have made it that won't. But I'd like to review each act individually.

1) Aerospace - This one just didn't do it for me. Maybe because I wasn't there to see it live, but there is nothing to watch for and nothing to be excited about. I'm sure the act takes a lot strength and effort, it's just not right for this show.

2) Chicago Boyz - I love these guys. They definitely deserve to make it through to the next round, because of their passion and crazy acrobatics that I've never seen before. I'm just afraid that they aren't going to be remembered because they were so early in the show, and there were a lot of great acts.

3) Mitsi Dancing School - Look. I know they are extremely talented and graceful. But this show is about entertaining an audience. They can't do that. I wish them the best, but I think America is going to agree with me on this one.

4) Kelsey and Bailey - No. Just no. This was horrible. I'm still upset about Olate Dogs winning last season because of how repetitive the act was. This takes that to a whole new level. I could get my dog to do that stuff. This shouldn't have even made it to Vegas, but after what happened last week with Marty (I was there live and I'm pretty sure you could hear me yelling on TV) who knows...

5) Brandon and Savannah - Now being a huge Imagine Dragons fan, I have a bias towards them. I think that as a band, they did a good job though. Those who are expecting amazing vocals and range a la Forte don't understand that their act is a "band" and that it's the entire performance that counts. While many think they won't make it, consider that they have 250K+ followers on Twitter and they have a huge following, so I guess we'll see.

6) Illusionist Leon Etienne & Romy Low - You know, I really liked this guy. I didn't get the illusion at first, and I think he should have made it a little more obvious that he was doing a trick (also the camera had a bad angle most of the time) I don't think America is smart enough to understand him. Magic already has a tough time exceeding and I think only one magic act can survive (Collins Key).

7) Deanna DellaCioppa - Ugh. I don't see the big deal about her. Her performance was average. Typical song, typical voice. I think that she will fall victim to the large amount of talent on the show last night.

8) David "The Cobra Kid" Weathers - I was terrified. I agree with the judges that there was no point to the act, but that doesn't mean I wasn't at the edge of my seat. He is a true danger act, but I think too many people will be shocked, but not willing to pick up the phone.

9) Jonathan Allen - This is a tough one. I think his performance was better than Branden James' live performance, but I think Branden is better overall (and Forte is a class above everyone). I have to think that his story and personality will put him through, but I don't know about him this week.

10) Kenichi Ebina - THIS IS WHAT THE SHOW IS ABOUT. I loved his act and how much fun it was to watch. I'm really mad that Howie basically gave him the kiss of death by saying he should win (He did this to my favorite act ever, Team iLuminate, and they lost to SOME NOBODY SINATRA SINGER EW). However, for now, he should be fine.

11) Jim Meskimen - I loved it, and I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting much, but his impressions were spot on and his creativity reminded me of Tom Cotter from last season in that he had to think of material quickly. I don't think Howard understands that he had to not only do impressions, but make up jokes about Ben Franklin too. I hope he makes it.

The American Military Spouses Choir - NO NO NO NO NO. I'm tired of these acts taking advantage of the American audience. They have military husbands. I know. That doesn't mean that you should win the whole show! This is stupid and the fact that one of them is pregnant, they sang a patriotic song, the American flags were in the background, and the camera was on military officers the whole time will almost guarantee their advance in the competition. I pray they don't make it though.

My Personal Power Ranking:
1) Kenichi Ebina
2) Chicago Boyz
3) Jim Meskimen
4) Jonathan Allen
5) Illusionist Leon Etienne & Romy Low
6) Brandon and Savannah
7) David "The Cobra Kid" Weathers
8) Mitsi Dancing School
9) Aerospace
10) Deanna DellaCioppa
11) Military Wives blah blah blah
and bringing up the rear...
12) Kelsey and Bailey

Now that would be ideal, but here's what really is going to happen:

1) Kenichi Ebina
2) Brandon and Savannah (UPSET)
3) Chicago Boyz

the judges choice will be between Jim and Jonathan.... I think they will go with Jim the impressionist only because he has less competition going forward, we already have two opera acts. I would also bet that the military wives can replace act 2 or 3, but I REALLY HOPE THEY DON'T. Thanks for reading and feel free to discuss! can't wait to see what happens tonight!!

08-07-13, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
Welcome aboard!

I think this week was easily the best performance week overall, and there will be some acts that should have made it that won't.

Agree. While it was a very good and entertaining performance program this week, very strong line-up, we will see many worthy acts fall to the wayside in the Results program. Acts much better than some that have already made the semis. In my opinion nine of the twelve acts brought on their A game, just such a fun show.

(It was late when I finally got home last night, couldn't see the program in real time. Needless to say, it was much later when I finally got to see the performances and hit the hay.)

01 Aerosphere Aerial Balloon Show. Neat to finally see what this act is all about, and it was incredibly impressive. The problem with this one is that, really, 90 seconds isn't enough time for them to really go to town and put on a decent program.

02. Chicago Boyz. Wow, these kids are good! Much more fun than Innovative Force.

03. Mitsi Dancing School. I loved this performance, and they made excellent use of directed camerawork for television (something a lot of visual acts fail to comprehend). Any other week they would be a sure thing, this week the early draw performance slot is going to work against them.

04. Kelsey and Bailey. Well, it was cute and fun and all, but without Sharon on the panel to drag them through this act is just going to fall by the wayside.

05. Brandon and Savannah. Yes, it is a band, and that was the problem with their performance this week. The singers separated themselves from their band, very poor staging. The performance itself was credible enough, the band was excellent, but the sound mix wasn't very kind to the two singers, who seemed to be working against each other.

06. Leon Etienne and Romy Low. X by Howard, and he was right. Much as I do love magic, this performance was just a flawed concept from the start, and once I saw where it was going I pretty much lost interest. Disappointing.

07. Deanna DellaCioppa. If I were going to vote for a singer this week, she would be the one. Loved how she pulled it back, didn't just go with belting it out as in her previous demonstrations. She gave us a sign she has depth and range. Excellent if cheesy song choice.

08. David "The Cobra Kid" Weathers. This was more demonstration than performance, this act has nowhere left to go. Very awesome snake, though.

09. Jonathan Allen. Yay, musical theater! The big ShowStopper! How many cliches can we bring into one 90 second performance? For me, this was a fail, and mainly it was a fail because of the song choice. Despite his talent Jonathan wasn't able to do this song justice, the song was just too big for him. He'll probably get voted through anyway, having the singer edge and drawing such a good performance slot. Damn shame.

10. Kenichi Ebina. That was too cool. His precision was spot on and he kept my interest from start to finish. Genius indeed.

11. Jim Meskimen. Well, they blew the trivia question this week in his intro package, his mom is Marion "Mrs. C" Ross from "Happy Days!" Anyway, as for the act ... I'm tempted to say the material was a bit, um, dated. Just kidding, how often do you get Ben Franklin impressions! I enjoyed it and would love to see him make it to the next round. Very daring letting others control his act with selections, it could have turned into a mess.

12. American Military Spouses Choir. Personally, I've seen enough of them now. Good song choice in terms of tugging on America's impulsive sap voters, but I thought it came off seeming like just another choir rather than anything special.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-07-13, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
QF3 was much more entertaining that QF2. This group really stepped it up. Can't wait for tonight's results.

bsquared 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-07-13, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bsquared Click to send private message to bsquared Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
AND OF COURSE THE CHOIR MAKES IT. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

08-07-13, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UndercoverMonk Click to send private message to UndercoverMonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
well what did you expect. Those could have been a lot worse we could have had 3 singers and a kid with a dog.

That was the best result of the season. Sure I would have prefered that military wives (who looking back I put a bit too high) not make it but they at least didn't bomb like Ana or Marty the last two weeks. Plus the Boyz now have a sob story so we could see them in the finale.

I hope they continue to show the behind the scenes video package as you really do see the actual reactions by both other contestants and the judges. Also that was a fantastic guest performance tonight. One of the best they have ever done. I wish they would do 2 per night like they used to though.

All in all a great night. Looks like another tough week next week. Also as neither of the sibling ballroom dancers is performing next week. Looks like NBC is set to sacrifice one for another for the sake of drama. Looking forward to Tummy Talk next week hooray for hilarious fodder acts!!!!

08-07-13, 11:44 PM (EST)
7. "Results"
As I predicted, lost some of my faves tonight.

The first three acts Nick called to the chopping block were:

David "Cobra Kid" Weathers
Leon and Romy
Aerosphere

No-brainer trio for me since David and Leon&Romy were the bottom two acts of the week for me. Did America actually vote through Aerosphere? That would have been cool, it is an intriguing concept. But nah, Nick then announced all three were out.

The next three acts to come up:

Brandon and Savannah
Kelsey and Bailey

Ug. Of these three acts, all of which I enjoyed but didn't think worthy of moving on, my nod would go to Brandon and Savannah. If not them, Kelsey and Bailey. But then, natch, Nick announced that American Military Spouses were moving on to the semis! No surprise, really, as I predicted they would have a huge following once they got to the live shows. Great backstory, a very deserving cause, what couldn't appeal to sap America more?

Next three acts up:

Jonathan Allen
Jim Meskimen
Kenichi Ebina

This was a tough one for me. Two of my personal top four acts of the week .. and a singer, one I thought gave a flawed and unworthy performance. When Nick finally announced the #2 act moving on to the semis it was, whew, Kenichi! Yay, my #2 act of the week!

Nick then told Jon and Jim to stick around, one of them was also moving on to the semis, after the break! Nail-biter! Would my #3 act of the week move on, or the singer? After the break Nick announced that Jonathan was in the semis! Shucks, and more shucks. Jim, next time instead of having a celebrity mother, have a really awful sob story, umkay.

That left three acts to fill the final spot, Nick called out:

Mitsi Dancing School
Deanna DellaCioppa
Chicago Boyz

My #1 and #4 acts of the week, and a singer (who actually I thought was #5 for the week). Nick had to announce which of the three would go home, leaving two for the judges to decide about. And then, incredibly, miraculously, the singer Deanna was sent packing! But she's a singer!!!

Deanna haters be prepared for her to turn up again in the Wild Card show. That's my prediction for the week. (Personally, I think Deanna deserved that spot more than Jonathan, but I guess his sob story was bigger than her sob story.) Anyway, judges choice..

Mel B voted for Chicago Boyz
Howard voted for Chicago Boyz
Howie voted for Chicago Boyz!!!

RAY, my #1 act of the week actually got through!!!

Scarriemonster 12 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-13, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarriemonster Click to send private message to Scarriemonster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
Meh. It was meh. At least I know who Jason Derullo is now.

>Chicago Boyz Acrobatic Team, acrobats--I know this doesn't happen, but in light of the casualties perhaps they should have gracefully bowed out of the competition. Don't get me wrong--they're crazy mesmerizing.

>Deanna DellaCioppa, singer--I'm actually dead surprised she didn't make the cut. I can only hope that it wasn't an idiot size issue.

>Mitsi Dancing School (founder Mitsi Shen), dancers--I loved them, but I think this soared over the heads of the viewing public.

>Brandon and Savannah, band--This also was a jaw-dropper for me. They're good, they're young, and they're not Disney-generated instant stars. Were people uncomfortable with a 14 year old performing with the powerful sensuality of a much older woman?

>Aerosphere Aerial Balloon Show (John and Alexandra Nock and son Andrew), gimmick act--I thoroughly enjoyed this and would pay to see a complete show, but then again I go in for this kind of performance.

>Jim Meskimen, comedian/impressionist--I recall he was very good at what he did, but I couldn't see it going beyond this point.

>Kenichi Ebina, dancer-ish--This blew me away. How one fellow could take over the whole of Radio City!

>Kelsey and Bailey, groomer and dog--I love dogs and dog acts and this was no exception, but this was the wrong arena.

>American Military Spouses Choir--Yeah, I was pissed that the Coast Guard was so blithely overlooked. It makes me wonder what the real story behind this group is.

>Illusionist Leon Etienne and Romy Low--I missed their one night only engagement.

>David "The Cobra Kid" Weathers, snake handler--This guy does what I used to do when I worked in a serpentarium in Florida. It's not an act and shouldn't be presented like one. A king cobra is a magnificent wild creature, not a show prop.

>Jonathan Allen, singer--He's a nice guy but I'm sick of singers, especially after the fubar country singer last week.

"All statements are true in some sense,
false in some sense, meaningless in some
sense, true and false in some sense,
true and meaningless in some sense,
false and meaningless in some sense, and
true and false and meaningless in some
sense."
--Principia Discordia

08-08-13, 09:32 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
Semper Paratus!

I was pissed that the Coast Guard was so blithely overlooked. It makes me wonder what the real story behind this group is.

I should clarify, my issue was with the NBC site monkeys making an issue of it that the choir membership included spouses from "all four" branches of the US military.

If they don't have any Coast Guard spouses perhaps that is only because members of the Coast Guard don't go on long deployments overseas. But I don't know that they don't include some Coast Guard spouses. Their own site --

http://www.cammomusic.org/index.php/about/cammo-artists/american-military-spouses-choir

-- says simply: American Military Spouses Choir is a stellar choir performance group made up of 50-100 military spouses from all branches of service and from around the United States of America.

http://www.cammomusic.org/

TL 14 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-13, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TL Click to send private message to TL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
This week was SOOOO much better than the previous two. The producers have their faves and put them in the weak groups to get them through. It's pretty obvious by now. I didn't get a chance to respond to the performances so here are my random thoughts about this week.

Aerosphere Aerial Balloon Show
I don't think this act really got a fair shake. I'm no expert but I imagine doing this for the cameras and only having 90 seconds really kills any chances they may have had. With the level of competition on this episode though I don't think it matters anyway.

Chicago Boyz Acrobatic Team
I wanted them to get through but I didn't think they would as acts like these tend not to get much support. I just hope they can keep adding new things to the act and not become stale. I am very happy for them.

Mitsi Dancing School
I like them a lot but I'm surprised they got in the top 5 for votes. I think they could have gotten through if they were on one of the previous shows. Kinda sad they didn't even get one vote from the judges.

Kelsey and Bailey
I agree with the judges this was pretty boring. I thought she might still have a chance because of her dog, but America got it right this time!

Brandon and Savannah
I thought they did well, but nothing spectacular. They should definitely keep at it though, I think they have a lot of talent and at their age, a lot of time to improve.

Illusionist Leon Etienne and Romy Low
I'm a big magic fan and was disappointed with this performance. Of course they did it backwards, when "Leon" came out of the box you could not see his face, it was obviously a different person. And when Romy put one of the canes through the middle, you could see her stick it in, hit something, then pull it out and look in. She probably rammed the cane into him. Leon is just adjusting his body to fit in between all the canes. There was quite a bit of room between each one. He blew it.

Deanna DellaCioppa
I am very surprised that she did not make it to the next round. But with that being said, let me say that I am absolutely fine with the result. She's a good singer, but nothing special. A big woman singing big songs. We see that every year and on every reality show competition. My only fear is that we are probably going to see her on the wildcard show.

David "The Cobra Kid" Weathers
This was okay but the judges were right, there wasn't really a point to it. He took it out of the box, played with it, then put it back in the box. There are much more exciting danger acts coming up.

Jonathan Allen
We already have a gay opera singer that is looking for approval and acceptance. I don't see the reason for two AND another trio in Forte. Too much opera for me, but this guy was obviously going to get through. I like how they tried to throw us a curveball and say Kenichi was the one in that group going forward. You just KNEW that he was going to be named as well.

Kenichi Ebina
The performance was cool but I saw pretty much the same thing on one of the asian versions of Got Talent. If I didn't see it before though, I would have been blown away. I was a little scared that he wouldn't get the votes but I'm glad he did and I think he has a strong change to make it to the end.

Jim Meskimen
He has talent but as is the case with so many other comedians on this show, the material was lacking. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Wildcard.

This act does nothing for me. I was afraid that this week only singing acts would get through but two out of four is still too much.

08-09-13, 00:57 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
Since this is a discussion board I figure I would continue some discussions LOL. I would like to address some of the points you guys have made...

1. Several of you argued that Brandon and Savahnah should have moved on. What did I miss. I was distracted by their singing which I really didn't feel blended well. Just wondering why I was in the minority?

2. Are we too hard on America. You realize we had 3 dance-ish acts in the top 5. I don't think that Denna got the shaft cause of her size (heck that probably helped her reach this point cause its her sob story) I think every singer lover voted jonathon and chior. So clearly there is a group of us out there that do appreciate the beauty of mitsi...the energy of the boyz...and the innovation of kenichi. What do yall think?

08-09-13, 11:16 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
1. Well, I was fine with B&S being eliminated. I did enjoy their performance this week, and thought they suffered a bit from bad sound mixing. Their first audition, "All the Runaways," was much better than the covers they've done since.

2. Let me think.. America voted through Marty Brown last week when he absolutely sucked.. no, we are not too hard on America. That said, I think the American Military Spouses Choir drew votes away from Deanna and that was why she didn't make the cut. Based on the performances this week in my opinion Deanna deserved a top spot over AMSC or Jonathan, but it wasn't to be.

08-10-13, 01:31 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Quarterfinal #3 8/6/13"
Yeah Marty kinda kills my argument Im just feeling particularly happy right now til they screw up next week LOL. Dreading the Jimmy Rose performance. I really have not like any performance deanna gave. She is very screechy. And while I didn't like the song choice I still think Jonathon has a better voice than brandon. I agree on AMSC though.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •