The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"9/14 Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-15-09, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"9/14 Show"
Final performances of the Top Ten! How did they do? Who deserves to win on Wednesday? All in all a pretty great show tonight, perhaps the best finale performance night this show has ever had, and feel perfectly free to disagree with my assessments. (That said, I watched the show on tape tonight and fastforwarded through the gobbledygook that wasn't actual performance, if there were any great judge's moments please let me know.)

THE VOICES OF GLORY -- Their best performance yet. Little sister has the pipes and the brothers were wonderful backing vocalists. That said, they could all benefit from some time with a professional vocal coach to develop better discipline.

HAIRO TORRES -- Amazing dancer/contortionist. In one sense it was more of the same stuff we've seen from him before, but I appreciated that this was a dramatic performance that could have been thoroughly laughable but wasn't.

LAWRENCE BEAMEN -- Great song though a pretty safe bet of a choice for his talent, everyone seemed to love it.

BARBARA PADILLA -- Amazing. Okay, admittedly, opera isn't my thing and I didn't understand a single word, but I can take it in small doses, and she is simply amazing.

THE FAB FIVE -- Gotta love these gals, what they do is really really hard. Grrr-reat choreography tonight and a much better theme than marching band.

THE TEXAS TENORS -- The flub of the evening for me. Sorry, dudes, but the harmony wasn't that good tonight, one of you was off, and real cowboys rarely remove their cowboy hats except in church.

DREW STEVYNS -- Gotta love that he pushed himself all out this time. He couldn't really carry the song this time but I love how he gave it his all gnarly imperfect as it was.

GRANDMA LEE -- A much funnier comedic effort than last time. Can she produce a comedy skit not related to AGT? I doubt it. And, honestly, antiquarian risque comedy, I'll admit it, not my thing. But call me in 20 years when I'm in the home, by then I may change my mind.

KEVIN SKINNER -- Another very emotional downhome performance, at least this time it was obvious the guitar was just a prop. Why is Piers still infatuated with this guy? Not a clue. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind imperfection, but getting a pass for being a hillbilly, give me a break. I've got plenty of hillbilly in my genes, my grandpa could have destroyed this guy with his fiddlin'.

RECYCLED PERCUSSION -- Wow! These guys pulled out all the stops tonight, very impressive.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 9/14 Show fullofgrace2470 09-15-09 1
   RE: 9/14 Show mindy23 09-15-09 2
 RE: 9/14 Show jbug 09-15-09 3
   RE: 9/14 Show Former CBSer 09-15-09 4
       RE: 9/14 Show dabo 09-16-09 6
           RE: 9/14 Show jbug 09-16-09 7
 RE: 9/14 Show BrassFan 09-15-09 5
 My predictions Max Headroom 09-16-09 8
   RE: My predictions mtopaz 09-16-09 9
       RE: My predictions fullofgrace2470 09-16-09 10
           RE: My predictions Dizwiz 09-16-09 11
               RE: My predictions fullofgrace2470 09-16-09 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-15-09, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 9/14 Show"
Yep, I agree with your assessments.

All my votes went to Recycled Percussion. Before tonight's show, I planned to vote for Lawrence Beamen, but there was just no comparison tonight.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-15-09, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 9/14 Show"
Pretty much agree with your assessments. It was a good finale, all in all. If I had stayed up the entire time, and actually voted last night, I would have had a tough time deciding who I really thought should have gone through, to be honest.

I felt they were mostly equal in talent, as well as flaws. The cloggers were really outstanding, and by far the best on that stage, but will they get enough votes for a Vegas show? I doubt it. Of all the singers, I think Skinner will bring in the 2nd most, and Barbara the most. She will definitely be in the top 3, if not the winner.

Recycled Percussion will also be in the top 3, is another guess from me.

After that, I really don't have a clue.

America seems to adore Grandma Lee, and she is pretty cute, in her own way. But I can't see her holding up for a show 7 days a week. And that is not a knock-down, just a fact. I could be very wrong, but I think she'd be dragging and reaching for material after a week or so, and would be cancelled shortly after. But, I also think she's going to be a top contestant, if not the winner.

I think it was a great show, and everyone put forth their best efforts! The only one who should have done more was Haido (sp), but as he said, he wanted to get back to the basics, and I think that may have done him in.

I wish them all a lot of luck. Must be incredibly nerve-wracking, having to wait another day to find out!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-09, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 9/14 Show"
Voices of Glory - I agree. Hopefully if they don't win there will be many opportunities for them to continue singing.

Torres - I'm just not that impressed. Guess I've seen it all on SYTYCD and everywhere else.

Lawrence Beamen - love his deep voice.

Barbara - agree, opera is not my thing but her voice is amazing. Wish she'd sing something in English that I could understand

Fab Five - not crazy about the costumes; like them better when I can focus on their feet & the other stuff doesn't get in the way.

Texas Tenors - still love these guys. & I decided last night that Sharon's favorite - the blonde - does not have the best voice of the three. The guy on the right - looks like the oldest, has the deepest voice & the bigger beard has the best voice.

Drew - good job - yep, black horse - could come forward to win.

Grandma - she's already running out of material; and the judges know it; they just can't bring themselves to hurt her feelings by telling her the truth.

Kevin - agree with the judges that his voice is not trained; but there is something about him that is appealing. Not just his background story - they all have background stories - but I enjoy listening to him.

Recycled Percussion - the drummers are talented. Yep, they have what it would take to take Vegas.

Former CBSer 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-15-09, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Former%20CBSer Click to send private message to Former%20CBSer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 9/14 Show"
Agree somewhat with your review but one thing for sure, a gentleman whether he be a cowboy most certainly takes his hat off. Sat through a Reba concert one night and she would not continue the performance until the jerks with their hats on took them off. She was absolutely right. Still pulling for Kevin but I don't know if he can beat out Lawrence Beaman. Let's face it, most of them will get a career out of being in the top ten.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-09, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 9/14 Show"
Heh, sorry, the cowboy hat thing was an obscure joke from a movie.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-09, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 9/14 Show"
Burt Reynolds, right?

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-15-09, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 9/14 Show"
I guess I'm one of the odd ones here...

I don't get all the love for Recycled Percussion. I just don't see what makes them so special.

They remind me of Stomp without the personality. Stomp does a similar type of act, using random objects for percssion. With Stomp, each performer has a very distinct personality. They do huge loud outbursts of persussion, then soft bits that you can barely hear (using zippo lighters and matchboxes).

Voices of Glory knocked it out of the park for me. They got it right, letting lil' miss Diva sing, and the brothers doing backup. These kids have a huge future.

I love Gramma Lee. She's got a great story, her delivery is good, and her material is excellent. Someone commented that her act would get stale over time, but I'm sure most of the comedians in Vegas don't change their material all that much.

Hairo is amazing to watch, but I don't think I could watch him for a full hour and a half show.

Which brings me to another thing....AGT has constantly had variety acts which are incredible, but which everyone knows can't sustain a full length show. Why don't they do a tour with some of the best variety acts??

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-09, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "My predictions"
Here's how I see things happening tonight.

Early eliminees:
THE VOICES OF GLORY
HAIRO TORRES
THE FAB FIVE
DREW STEVYNS
GRANDMA LEE

Final five:
5. RECYCLED PERCUSSION - My favorites of the remaining acts, unique and exciting to watch, but just like my favorites last season (Nuttin' But Stringz), I don't see them getting enough voter support to win.

4. KEVIN SKINNER - Tremendously overrated in my opinion, but America has loved him up to this point. He's just not as good as the final three acts.

3. THE TEXAS TENORS - Personally, I can't stand this act, but I seem to be the only person in America with that opinion. Still, I can't see them winning over my final two.

2. LAWRENCE BEAMEN - Great voice, improving stage presence, has the look of a winner.

1. BARBARA PADILLA - Outstanding voice, but can an opera singer win two years in a row? We'll see.

Feel free to point and laugh after the results show when I'm proven to be way off base.

agman 2009

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-16-09, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My predictions"
I agree with your predictions, for the most part. I was rooting for Lawrence Beamen up until that last performance but Piers had it right -- it was lacking passion. I think that Beamen really wanted to sing the Lord's Prayer and got talked out of it by the producers, etc. and shifted into the mold of the "next Barry White." He has the voice to carry the song, but I don't feel his heart was in it. However, a singer who longs to sing the Lord's Prayer might not be a good fit for Vegas anyway. I think Beamen has a good career ahead of him regardless of whether he wins tonight or not.

I predict it will come down to Kevin Skinner and Barbara Padilla.

Or maybe The Texas Tenors and Barbara Padilla.

Or maybe Lawrence Beamen and Barbara Padilla.

heh -- clearly I have no idea! But I'll be watching tonight and rooting for Barbara Padilla.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

09-16-09, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My predictions"
I would be thrilled with any of the following winning: Recycled Percussion, Barbara Padilla, Lawrence Beamen, or Fab 5 (maybe because I have a dance background).

I loved Barbara Padilla, but the problem with opera is that I don't understand the words, so I can't connect with the song, though she does a great job emoting. Her voice is fantastic!

Lawrence Beamen has a fantastic voice, but I want to hear him sing ballads. His audition brought me to tears and I love his humility. Hope he doesn't lose that, whatever happens.

Fab5 could sustain a Vegas show, they've got enough variety. And man are they in synch! With a dance and cheerleading past, I know how hard it is to get everyone in synch. I was very impressed with them.

My favorite act of the night remains Recycled Percussion. Aside from living 40 minutes from me (lol) they were fantastic. I think they've got the most creativity and I'd definitely buy a ticket to see them! Ok, I'd buy a ticket for any of these 4, but still they're my favorite.

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-16-09, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My predictions"
They live 40 minutes from me, too! Are we neighbors? *squints*

09-16-09, 10:29 PM (EST)
12. "RE: My predictions"
Hmmm maybe. I live in MA though, just on the NH border.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •