The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Well That Was Anticlimatic"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-08-10, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Well That Was Anticlimatic"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-10 AT 02:21 PM (EST)

So the big cheating scandal was just Ivy being her miserable bitter self. Here I was expecting something big and got Ivy making an unfounded accusation from three or four challenges ago.

Did appreciate the hysterical edit of Ivy talking about Karma and cutting to a scene of her being hit in the eye with a sewing machine projectile.

The challenge itself was pretty boring, as were the clothes the designers made. I felt going in to the episode that Christopher was going home, he hadn't won a challenge like all the other contestants still standing and hadn't shown any great creativity in any previous challenge. Even though Michael C's outfits were easily the worst in my opinion, I got the distinct feeling this episode's outcome was predetermined - Chris was going no matter what so they could get to the final five they wanted.

Much as I don't like Andy, his clothes did look the best on the runway so I think he deserved to win. Not that that is saying much since there was nothing outstanding on the runway. Amazing how perfectly it worked out for the judges - with six designers left they had three they liked and three they disliked. Hmmm, what a coincidence. I will say that Andy's designs looked better apart than standing next to each other. Together it did have a Halloween skeleton effect.

April is becoming the Sylvia Plath of fashion design. Black, gray, depressing pieces only.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic Snidget 10-08-10 1
 RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic ARnutz 10-08-10 2
 RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic Belle Book 10-08-10 3
 RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic PsychoKitty 10-09-10 4
   RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic mindy23 10-10-10 5
       RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic PsychoKitty 10-10-10 6
 RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic AyaK 10-10-10 7
 RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic Tahj 10-11-10 8
   RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic jbug 10-11-10 9
       RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic Tahj 10-11-10 10
   RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic kidflash212 10-11-10 11
       RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic JessicaRN 10-11-10 12
   RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic Sunny_Bunny 10-11-10 13
       RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic jbug 10-12-10 14
           RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic Tahj 10-12-10 15
               RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic jbug 10-12-10 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-08-10, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-10 AT 01:42 PM (EST)

Note to Contestants, never, ever, invoke karma.

Karma is listening and knows how to make sewing machines (or whatever else is available) throw shrapnel.

Is is me or are April and Gretchen pretty much interchangable. Other than April will have some tailoring in it somewhere and be a darker shade.

I can't see both of them making it to the finale, they tend to like more variation in the final three than 30 year old bohemian vs slightly younger darker gothy bohemian.

Word is the hoodie in the winning collection had to be changed, almost identical to a logo used by another line. http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2010/10/andys-hoodie.html

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-10, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
Yegads! The only collection that could have won was Andy's. The rest could have all been eliminated, though Christopher's was definitely the worst.

Honestly, I have no idea how April was in the top. Her stuff was horrible! It looked like fuggin' old bedsheets or tablecloths draped on.

While I did not like Michael C.'s colors, I thought his hoodie was awesome!

I want to stab Gretchen in the eye with the sewing machine shrapnel!

Ivy is def. a bitter c**t!!!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-10, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
I think Andy's was the best of the lot, although Mondo's wasn't bad. April and Gretchen were in the middle for me, with April better than Gretchen. Gretchen really needs to understand the difference between constructive criticism and complaining.

As for Christopher, I could understand why he went. Although the outfits Michael C. designed were in questionable taste, at least they weren't as boring as those of Christopher. Besides, Christopher was one of the middle-of-the-road designers, good but not great.

I think Michael C. will be out next. Andy and Mondo will both go into Fashion Week with April and Gretchen fighting it out for that third spot.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-09-10, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
Great ep! Loved it! Though I admit it WAS anticlimatic! But Ivy being such a transparent witch and then getting hit in the eye with something was delicious. And Michael's smile was great!

What awful people! But didn't the teaser also show a moment when Tim told someone they were "banned from Project Runway?" And did I miss that scene? Or is that a teaser for a FUTURE episode? AND, when are Ivy's lips going to fall off? She is SO toxic!!!!

Actually I couldn't believe they brought back people who were so sabotaguing to Michael C's emotions. Couldn't they have picked some other people to come back instead? Strange choice when the producers knew how nasty these people can get. And even though they didn't say anything, the other returnees were culpable because they let her go on!

What a dreadful dull challenge. Heidi's line is so BLAH, but no one really did anything worth mentioning within the constraints except for Mondo. And I still wouldn't wear any of those clothes. And does Gretchen think all women are a size 6? WHO in their right mind would have worn those shirred and cinched up skirts out in public? I did like the see through tops though (but not for a workout!)

Andy's pieces did show some initiative, but I still thought they were terrible. The way the lines sagged in the dress at crotch - bleah. But the outline of the dress was nice.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-10-10, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
It was all blah after that whole build up! But it had me singing "Poison Ivy" all night long! Hadn't even thought about that song in years, but it sure fit the bill!

Too bad there isn't a song about 'Evil Gretchen' to go along with this season...Anyway, I just don't get this show any more. This was probably the closest to what I figured would hit the runway for Heidi's 'active wear', but April's clothes? Who wears that? Not even my 16 year old grand daughter! They looked more like clubbing clothes than what you'd wear to and from the gym. Just don't get the hoopala about her designs.

And hoping that Gretchen's attitude will bring her the boot really soon. She is the 2nd contestant on PR that has really PO'd not only the judges but Tim. And that girl went on to the finale. Guess they try to stay fair, but how fair is it to US?? WE are the ones who actually buy that stuff! Well, not me, personally.

Anyway, glad this is almost over. It's been a weird season, and YES, what happened to Tim saying someone was banned from the show forever??? I heard that, too!

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-10-10, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
Thank you Mindy! I'm glad I'm not imagining things ;P

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-10, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
I skipped the episode, but my daughter made me watch the runway. Ugh. Christopher deserved to go, but Michael C. could have gone too. No one deserved to win.

Sorry to hear that the "controversy" was just Ivy being Ivy, but I expected little from the production staff, and they always deliver even less. All they have to do is leave BMP in charge and they'll kill the show for sure.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-11-10, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
After looking at Heidi's New Balance collection on Amazon, I see why she wanted this challenge. She needs help. Seriously, I've never seen such such a drap collection.

I agree that this challenge was boring. I think the designers thought it was boring, too. I wouldn't be surprised if they felt trapped, especially after Heidi visited the work room. "Why not just use the material from my line?" she asked Gretchen. Because, Heidi, it sucks. Why was Mondo rude to you? Because, Heidi, YOU suck.

The drama was the only thing that made it interesting. We've had such fun bashing Poison Ivy. I would have loved it if Tim had kicked her out of the work room. I can't wait for the reunion show. I'd love to see Ivy get crushed.

It's a Tribe!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-10, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
I'd like to see Michael C win - just so we could see Ivy evey more crushed!

I realize editing may be playing a part in all of this - but...
I just don't get the Michael C hate.

When Andy was announced the winner, Michael looked genuinely happy for him; Mondo looked jealous.

10-11-10, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
It's funny how differently so many of us see things. I couldn't tell if Mondo looked jealous, to be honest, but I was assuming he couldn't possibly be jealous since he had just made history by winning three in a row. He just seemed relieved that he came up with a successful design after the criticism from Heidi.

April also doesn't like Michael C. or thinks he gets more credit than he deserves. She gave Ivy props for what she said to Michael. Gretchen and Valerie just seemed over the drama but it really killed me when Gretchen said to Michael to just concentrate on his designs, or whatever. Two-faced much?

It's a Tribe!

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-10, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
Yeah, one of the criticisms of Christopher's was his clothes looked "cheap". It was your fabric Heidi.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-11-10, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
I saw her line before I saw this show and I kept thinking that her line must look different than what I saw. Heidi dresses so flamboyantly and in bright colors, so I was excited when I heard she had a line for New Balance. It is dull, dull, dull, although orange MC Hammer pants are not going to help it. Neither are Spanx worn on the outside.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-10, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
I have to say that after the buildup for the cheating, I agree with you all that Miss Bitter just made herself look really, really stupid on national tv. Loved the Karma kickback though. heh heh heh.

As for the "fashions" (and I use that term loosely,) it was a whole lot of fugly in a never ending parade of yuck - which I didn't really understand until I followed Tahj's lead and looked up the New Balance online. That line is a whole lot of fugly in a never ending parade of boring.

LOL, kind of makes you see why Gretchen was trying to use something other than that horrible, drab, craptastic fabric.

10-12-10, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
This brings out the 'unrealistic' expectations made on the designers.

How long do designers usually spend on a design?
Thinking it out & drawing it...
carefully choosing fabric & notions...
actual construction of the garment...

This show give them a day or two at most. It's not realistic to expect someone's best work in that short a period of time.

At least they give them a few months to prepare for a runway show if they make it to that point.

10-12-10, 12:20 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
And yet it's amazing in most cases what they've been able to do in so short a time, don't you think? That's what I love about this show. It's rather ironic that they do some of their best work under pressure yet often fall flat when given lots of time and money in preparing for the final runway show.

It's a Tribe!

10-12-10, 12:52 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Well That Was Anticlimatic"
That is true.
I used to sew a lot.
But I was using a store bought pattern - never designed by myself or had to cut a pattern for a design.
So, give me the pattern, & I'll whip it out for you in a few hours.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •