The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Heading To Fashion Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-15-10, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Heading To Fashion Week"
Well we have our final four, but only three will be finalists.

Was I the only one going {voice="Nelson"}Ha Ha!{/voice} when they announced who was going?

After all the carp and haterade I was glad Michael C was in the final four. I wasn't sure when I saw his dress. That kind of simple design thing can either be a big hit or a big flop depending on the phase of the moon and which mood the judges are in.

Can't wait for the reunion show.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Heading To Fashion Week Tahj 10-15-10 1
   RE: Heading To Fashion Week mindy23 10-19-10 2
 Now the final 3 jbug 10-22-10 3
   RE: Now the final 3 Snidget 10-22-10 4
       RE: Now the final 3 jbug 10-22-10 5
           about the decoys... jbug 10-22-10 6
           RE: Now the final 3 PsychoKitty 10-24-10 10
   RE: Now the final 3 ARnutz 10-27-10 11
       RE: Now the final 3 PsychoKitty 10-29-10 12
 RE: Heading To Fashion Week PsychoKitty 10-22-10 7
   RE: Heading To Fashion Week Snidget 10-22-10 8
       RE: Heading To Fashion Week PsychoKitty 10-23-10 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-15-10, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Heading To Fashion Week"
Once again, I don't get it. HOW in the f'ing world is that dress a SHOW STOPPER? Give me a friggin' break! Again, the designs boring. Nothing stood out to me and I thought Michael C. would be in the bottom. What Gretchen said was right on, "He'll either be an idiot or an idiot savant." There's probably more truth in that statement than anything else. He didn't even know what the material was but he knew what to do with it. (I guess).

April was her usual one-trick pony.

Mondo was Mondo. Why on earth would you use houndstooth again?

I liked Gretchen's, but there was no wow factor. None.

Andy? Maybe.

It's a Tribe!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-19-10, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Heading To Fashion Week"
I'll say it one last time: this has been a very odd season! I don't know what those judges are smoking but SHOW STOPPER?? WHAT??

It was a giant black curtain, with binding around the top to make it a halter-top, thingy, with a large slip up the side...WOW! I don't get it. As much as I've rooted for M.C., and mostly because he has been so attacked by the others, I really thought he'd be eliminated because of that dress. BUT NO! He won?? Whatever. I suppose it's been a season of 'you had to be there' to really understand what was going on.

IMHO, not one of those dresses were worthy of fashion week, runway, show-stopping style. Even Mondo, who is definitely a contender, only because he's 'in' with his design esthetics, could not pull a rabbit out of a hat this time. It was all just blahhhhh.

Apryl's model looked like she was going to a funeral at a goth, Satanic Church; Gretchen's dress looked like it had come off the 80% off rack from Target; I don't even remember what Andy's outfit was...that's how exciting this episode was.

After all the critiques and comments do they NOT get it? Apryl still chose to do EVERYTHING in black with that stand-up collar and cut out sleeves? As Christian said, 'she designs as she wears'. And it's so true! She is a one-trick pony in every sense of the word. I don't even know what Gretchen is, except a beyotch who thinks she knows something about everyone but herself!

I really miss the good old days when you really looked forward to what was coming down that runway; whether it was Jeffrey's amazing show-stoppers, or even the big guy who did costumey type things-he still did them well!! (Can't remember his name, but his face is in mine right now-he was amazing, and so sweet!). Even the days of Antonio or some of the others in the beginning who just WOW'd you with their brilliance! WHAT HAS HAPPENED HERE??

It's just knock off after knock off, or let's design something that "I like" for me or my mommy, and screw the rest of the world. Do they NOT understand that this is going to effect the rest of their careers?? Where is the talent?

OK, enough of a rant. Can't wait to see the home visits and Tim's shock at what these guys are and are not doing! YAY! Can't wait for him to have dinner with Gretchen-how fun will that be?? LOL

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-10, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Now the final 3"
I liked Michael's dress; I've liked almost all his designs (even the one with the big train if he had left the train off )

Gretchen designs what she wants to wear - yeppers, you could find most of it at Target. Maybe that is what she wants out of this. Wasn't there a clothing line at K-Mart once named after one of Charlie's Angels? I think that is what Gretchen wants to do. Make a living designing rack room clothing. Not that there's anything wrong with that

Mondo has the wow - surprise stuff that makes good runway shows.

Andy has a huge talent for making everything he makes look so perfectly made; every stitch, every line, every fold is perfect.
I hope his complete line looks great on the runway.

I was so disappointed that Michael is not in the Final 3.
His work far outshines Gretchen's. I'm gonna go see if I can find a link to his full line. I'd like to see them all.

BTW, Andy mentioned having only seen his designs on the hangers & was excited to see them on actual models. Why couldn't the designers find someone at home to try these on so they could see what they'd look like on a real person? They wouldn't have to be real models - just someone the right size...

10-22-10, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Now the final 3"
http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2010/09/project-runway-season-8-finale.html has all the collections.

10-22-10, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Now the final 3"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-10 AT 12:04 PM (EST)

Thank you Snidget.
When I'm searching I always get sidetracked reading other stuff LOL

E:
ackkkkk!
What's with all the grannie panties in Gretchen's line?
And? she didn't take Heidi's advice & put the models in high heels - they looked to be wearing platform heels or slumpy flats.

Awwwwww.
Michael did have a similar color grouping - but it still looked nice.

lol
Mondo still put the poofie things in their hair!

hummmm
Andy did 'something' to the bikini but it wasn't enough!

I don't know how this is gonna go. there are a few good pieces in each line - and a few really bad ones too.

10-22-10, 12:12 PM (EST)
6. "about the decoys..."
or whatever you call the ones that didn't make it but created a line for the show to put off spoilers,,,,,

Michael Drummond - painfully obvious why he didn't make it to the end. yuk!

All I can say for Valerie is that she used a lot of color...

Christopher should put his stuff with Gretchen's - together they might have something...

Cassanova's line should have been in the finale!!!!

Ivy? white white white - a few grey &? 1 yellow. odd
they all looked the same

April - no no no
she's really into the baby doll look isn't she?

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-24-10, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Now the final 3"
I did manage to restrain myself from looking at the final three, but the others -OMG!!!! April's designs were just a mess - though she did try and use some color (peeeww), Casanova had some cool ideas but I don't know about those funny buckled capris!, Ivy's work was all the same - just in different colors - and looked like ready to wear - impeccably tailored but ready to wear classics. Michael D. was really uneven results, including weird stains "designs" on the fabrics, and Valerie's stuff was just UGH! So I think the judges DID choose the right final 4 from this group - just not the right final THREE! Thanks again Snidget for the nice Michael C. updates, and there is a new interview with him in which he is VERY generous re Gretchen. He's a true gentleman!

Enjoy!

http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2010/10/bpr-interview-with-michael-costello.html

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-10, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Now the final 3"
Agreed.

I am sick of Gretchen and wished Michael was in the final 3. I loved his pants outfit!

Compare that to Gretchen's "I've got a potato sack hanging off my arse dress" ridiculous! I hate her. If she wins, I will *barf*.

Andy was less than stellar in the last few challenges, although he has done some really great outfits.

At this point, the only one I am rooting for is Mondo. I love him and I love his unique Mondo style!

10-29-10, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Now the final 3"
Dear Arnutz,

Let me join you in the barfing . . . GAG ME!!!! And I LVOE your description of Gretchen's dress - wass with the papoose?!

Signature by tribephyl

10-22-10, 06:57 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Heading To Fashion Week"
I loved last night's ep with the home visits Andy's home was amazing . . . and the difference of his focus in life with his humble surroundings is incredible. Gretchen again having the "Oh Poor Me"s - Gag, of COURSE her relationship went sour. Everything is so terrible, . . . blah, blah, blah. Everything always bad happens to just HER! Mondo is great and I loved his stuff. Andy's green dress was spectacular and I loved the bathing suit. The judges comments were interesting . . . but Gretchen should have been the one eliminated. Who wants to wear green panties and shiny painted leather? Gag me! The new linen dress was cute except for the marsupial pouch in the back - WTF? But nothing was a show stopper. And as a jeweler - her "jewelry designs" were awful and amateurish.

Poor Michael C. - I'm really glad Tim was there to give him a hug. Seeing Gretchen hug the poor guy made me want to throw up. She is such a two face! But I understand the pressure he is under to perform by his family and fit in . . . I hope he was able to shift (YET AGAIN!), and stay on purpose and remain truthful to HIS journey in life and not his parents. You could really see his pain. At first I felt he was a little old to be having such a strong reaction, but the stress of the show probably added to it. And from the home visit, it sounds like his birth family is really putting on the pressure!

Hang in there Michael I loved his pieces and was curious to see the entire collection. And good luck to Andy and Mondo! I really want to look at the collections online (thanks so much Snidget!), but I am going to steel myself and wait for the show next week!

Signature by tribephyl

10-22-10, 07:24 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Heading To Fashion Week"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-10 AT 07:26 PM (EST)

Michael C was at Mondo's charity event recently

http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2010/10/mondo-in-denver.html
http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2010/10/more-mondo-in-denver.html

and looks like he's doing pretty good since the show is over. Glad he seems to have a good friend from the show.

10-23-10, 09:23 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Heading To Fashion Week"
That's awesome to hear - and the photos are adorable! I love the one of Mondo curling up on Michael I'm glad they are doing so well. Thanks so much for the update Snidget!

Signature by tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •