The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-03-10, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
Has anyone seen any behind the scenes footage or read anything that would cause all this 'hate', and I use that word lightly, for Micheal C?

I mean, there was SO much hate and jealousy in that room last night when he won again, you could have cut it with the sewing scissors!

He seems like a decent guy to me, and I don't believe for a minute that he was saying diddly squat about Ivy, or it would have been aired! Stuff like that does NOT go unnoticed by the camera crew! Plus, if he had of said anything negative, she would have well deserved it, IMHO! She, Gretchen, and a few others are just so incredibly CATTY-can anyone say MEOW???

I know there have been a lot of 'hate-fests' in the seasons before, but I think this season, whether it's the 90 minutes, where we get extra footage, or just the contestants, seems to be way over the top with arrogance, nastiness, and down-right rudeness.

I liked his dress, and I think if someone like Micheal Kors-whom I don't always agree with, but I'm not a millionarie fashion designer, either-says your design is 'impeccable', you know your stuff! And this has been not once, but twice!

So, what say ye all? About Michael C. about Peach going home, about the Runway, in general?? I'm dying to know...holding my breath, and I don't do that well. Turning blue as we speak....

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Not sure moonbaby 09-03-10 1
 RE: What is the deal with all the h... kidflash212 09-04-10 2
 RE: What is the deal with all the h... Snidget 09-04-10 3
   RE: What is the deal with all the h... kidflash212 09-04-10 4
       RE: What is the deal with all the h... Snidget 09-04-10 5
           RE: What is the deal with all the h... PsychoKitty 09-04-10 6
               RE: What is the deal with all the h... kidflash212 09-05-10 8
   RE: What is the deal with all the h... kidflash212 09-05-10 7
       RE: What is the deal with all the h... Snidget 09-05-10 9
           RE: What is the deal with all the h... mindy23 09-06-10 11
           RE: What is the deal with all the h... kidflash212 09-06-10 13
       RE: What is the deal with all the h... mindy23 09-06-10 10
 RE: What is the deal with all the h... Tahj 09-06-10 12
   RE: What is the deal with all the h... toddE 09-06-10 14
 Redemption edit? moonbaby 09-10-10 15
   RE: Redemption edit? jbug 09-12-10 16
       RE: Redemption edit? AyaK 09-13-10 17
           RE: Redemption edit? JessicaRN 09-13-10 18
               RE: Redemption edit? mindy23 09-14-10 19
                   RE: Redemption edit? Belle Book 09-14-10 20
                       RE: Redemption edit? AyaK 09-14-10 21
                           RE: Redemption edit? ARnutz 09-15-10 22
                               RE: Redemption edit? PsychoKitty 09-17-10 23
                                   RE: Redemption edit? ARnutz 09-17-10 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-10, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Not sure"
LAST EDITED ON 09-03-10 AT 02:30 PM (EST)

I've missed a bunch of episodes, I don't really know what's going on but he seems OK to me. From what I could gather they all don't think he belongs there. Is this the guy that stapled his dress in one of the earlier episodes? If he is maybe they just can't let that go. I didn't care for the dress, I thought it looked like pieces of three different dresses all chopped up and sewn together. I really liked the pink and black dress, thought that Mondo should have won.

Sad to see Peach go but that dress was a mess.

I have to catch up and find out why Tim pretty much called Gretchen(?)I think that's her name- a bully.

Next episode looks drama packed!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-04-10, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-10 AT 03:33 PM (EST)

I don't know what's being edited out but I'm confused why all the other designers seem to have no respect for Michael C. I've thought the dresses he has shown so far have been very nice, maybe not the greatest but better than others. I haven't heard him say one word about another designer, last week Ivy ridiculed him in front of the judges and then gets all angry about something I don't think was ever said. I agree that they would have had to edit that in. I guess Ivy feels it's okay for her to insult other people but no one may say anything about her. Ivy's attitude reeks - she won't even consider that Micheal C may not have said it.

I hope Danny is out soon just because that haircut is idiotic.

Michael Drummond hasn't made a single thing I've liked - I have no clue why he is still there. Peach's dress was bad but at least it looked like there was actual designing, cutting and sewing going on. All Michael D did was wrap netting around an already ugly dress. Thought he should have gone home. It seems Mondo lost some points for his model's hair, I agree it was a bad choice of style - the dress would have looked more sophisticated if the model had a more sophisticated hairstyle. Michael D should have lost points for his. His model looked the worst on the runway - not because of her size but because of the hideous dress and bad hair & makeup.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-10, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
I've seen a few of the behind the scenes videos and some of the blogs about it and no one really seems to have come up with a reason for the Michael C hate. Peaches says so far as she knew no one heard this comment that Ivy came up with other than Ivy, even the people standing next to Michael for the whole exhibition.

The closest I saw was one of the past designers said something about some people are great designers who can't sew and some people who can sew anything you tell them to aren't necessarily the ones with vision and in most industry settings you have some of both kinds. Although the past designers do find some of the judges "well contstructed" comments are things they know can be things that only look that way and aren't really put together that well. So anyway there may be some "you can't do my job better than me" getting translated to "you can't do anything" could be going on. He may not be the best sewer in the world, or the best at making a pattern from a sketch, but he does, IMO, seem to have a point of view and his ideas are usually something I like.

My only real guess is the people that put themselves on the pedestal early in the competition may not be getting the worship from other people on the show they think they deserve and need someone to tear down to maintain their lofty position. But that is more of a general how some girls operate socially than anyone said something specific.

09-04-10, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
There is something very High School about this season - Ivy and Gretchen are the leaders of the popular clique while Michael C is the shy, awkward outcast who gets untrue rumours spread about him because the popular girls are jealous that he outshines them. Even Tim called Gretchen a bully.

09-04-10, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
Yep, seems very Queen Bee and her clique vs the outcast.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-04-10, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
I love the analogy! It's the only thing that can explain how blatantly rude all of these people are being. Even the guys I want to like - Chris and Andy - everyone keeps chiming in and saying nasty things about Michael C. It's just so unbelievable. And they cannot even keep a straight face when he's in the room with them - they all just have horrible manners! It must be such a hostile vibe in the workroom and in the apartments. It's so unprofessional, etc. and just unexcusable. If Michael C. was the trainwreck they all make him out to be (ala Jason) WE would see it and certainly the judges would too. The man has his own couture business in Palm Springs for godsake!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

09-05-10, 00:33 AM (EST)
8. "RE: What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
They all seem too scared to challenge Gretchen lest they become an outcast too. They couldn't even be polite enough to congratulate him.

09-05-10, 00:26 AM (EST)
7. "RE: What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
"Peaches says so far as she knew no one heard this comment that Ivy came up with other than Ivy, even the people standing next to Michael for the whole exhibition."

I think Ivy couldn't accept that no one was putting any buttons in her jar so rather than accepting the fact the her outfit was a big yawn she came up with the idea that someone must be sabotaging her - and Michael C was her scapegoat.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

09-05-10, 06:47 AM (EST)
9. "RE: What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
The only thing I can think of other than she just couldn't deal with the public not seeing her brilliance is that all the cast off designers were at this challenge. They probably had them off at one end so they didn't get seen in the camera shots.

They had all the designers there so the early boots wouldn't get spoiled. I dunno if any of them had a problem with Ivy/the clique and if one of them may have said something. Since blaming someone who wasn't around anymore wouldn't make the show (and she needed some reason to explain her failure because it can't be her design) she used the statements to attack someone on the show she hated hoping to make the other designers isolate Michael even further.

Is it too early to make popcorn for the reunion show?

09-06-10, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"

>Is it too early to make
>popcorn for the reunion show?

I'll heat up the oil, if you'll get out the salt, Snidge!! I think THIS one is gonna be a GOOD ONE!! They may have to go into over-time, ya think??

09-06-10, 04:13 PM (EST)
13. "RE: What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
Possibly, it makes more sense to me that if anything was said it would have been said by someone who wasn't competing. If I walked into a room to vote in a competition among people I have never met and one of those competitors says "Don't vote for so & so, she's a beyotch", it would reflect poorly on the person saying it to me not on the person it was being said about. The only way it would affect my vote would be to not vote for the trashtalker, because I'd be offended by him/her trying to influence my vote.

09-06-10, 10:46 AM (EST)
10. "RE: What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
>"Peaches says so far as she
>knew no one heard this
>comment that Ivy came up
>with other than Ivy, even
>the people standing next to
>Michael for the whole exhibition."

>
>
>
>
>I think Ivy couldn't accept that
>no one was putting any
>buttons in her jar so
>rather than accepting the fact
>the her outfit was a
>big yawn she came up
>with the idea that someone
>must be sabotaging her -
>and Michael C was her
>scapegoat.
>
>

THAT sounds right on the mark to me! Ivy is a jealousy-driven beyotch, who has no good thing to say to or about anyone! She is the fuel for Gretchen's pipe bombs!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-06-10, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
I said it in the other thread. I'll repeat. There is a lot about this season that is leaving a bad taste in my mouth, primarily the Gretchen-Ivy hate alliance and the horrid bashing of Michael C. In next week's episode it looks like Mondo throws something down on the table at Michael C., indicating that he's p o'ed at him. Previews are often misleading so I can't wait to see what's up. There also seems to be something about someone cheating next week, right?

Ivy is poison, even more so than Gretchen. Gretchen seems cluelsess about how negatively she's impacting everyone and seems to see herself as some altruistic ideal of a designer. It should be a wake up call for her so I hope she wake's up at some point.

It's a Tribe!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-10, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What is the deal with all the hate on Michael C?"
Personally I think where there's smoke, there's fire.

IDK exactly why everyone hates MC, but it's not just a couple people, its' pretty much everyone. And he certainly shouldn't have won last night. That was definitely for dramatic purposes, Heidi almost came out and said it.

Loved Peach, but she really had to go, those ruffles were something else.... wow.... worse than the metal bikini from last season.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-10, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Redemption edit?"
Last night's episode showed that Mundo and Michael C are AOK now. Mundo actually apologized to him for being so mean at first. Will that carry over to the other contestants?

Ivy...well...ugh.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-10, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Redemption edit?"
I really really wanted Ivy to be sent home. What a drab design.

I guess I'm one of the ole women Cassanova is designing for; I really liked his design; and his model liked it - said she would wear it.
I was wanting him to ask the judges if more mature women don't go to resorts?
Why do all the designed have to be for one age group - which is what?

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-10, 03:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Redemption edit?"
My teenage daughter agrees with you about Casanova v. Ivy last week. She hated Ivy's outfit and liked Casanova's. So it's not just old women who preferred Casanova's look.

But ... seeing both Casanova's and Ivy's outfits in the final runway show made it obvious that both need to be eliminated. Quickly.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-13-10, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Redemption edit?"
Here's another "old, matronly woman" who liked Casanova's design. I didn't know that this was the market that I was in. I guess from here on out, I'll be shopping at Dress Barn for Seniors and getting my blue hair done once a week.

09-14-10, 10:35 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Redemption edit?"
>Here's another "old, matronly woman" who
>liked Casanova's design. I
>didn't know that this was
>the market that I was
>in. I guess from
>here on out, I'll be
>shopping at Dress Barn for
>Seniors and getting my blue
>hair done once a week.

LOL!! I agree!! As for April's winning design: Looked like lingere to me! If I saw someone at a resort wearing that thing, I'd think she just rolled out of bed, or was a lady of the night! I'm beginning to wonder if the judges are just pulling names out of a hat to decide who's winning each week...

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-10, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Redemption edit?"
I liked Casanova's design a little better than Ivy's, but Casanova had been a train wreck earlier so this is probably why he got the boot now instead of Ivy. She'll get the boot soon enough, however.

And Andy should've won the challenge, not April! Her outfit just isn't really my cup of tea.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-10, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Redemption edit?"
Agree about Andy's outfit being the best. So did my daughter.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-10, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Redemption edit?"
Me three... or is that four?

Andy has a real talent and I am rooting for him.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-17-10, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Redemption edit?"
Haha Arnutz! I wanted to tease you about Andy: after seeing last night's pants would you still make that statement!?

I loved the bathing suit too and thought it should have won. I too am rooting for Andy, but last night was pretty bad . .

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-10, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Redemption edit?"
I totally agree. Last night's outfit was a debacle!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •