The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Don't have to wait till July..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Incognito 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

06-03-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito Click to send private message to Incognito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Don't have to wait till July..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-03-06 AT 11:21 AM (EST)

Remember back when Season Two began and the Great Iguana referred to the fans of the show who post on message boards as 'miserable people with no lives?' Well, the sentiment continues.

For all the folks who have signed the petition 'with their illiterate comments' and wasting their minutes and $$$ calling that 818 number in the Valley, here's a little something I dug up: http://tinyurl.com/l3q0

Here's another article about efforts by fans to save the show. http://tinyurl.com/pl3ef

More info can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/owcuc

And, the final nail in the coffin comes from The Futon Critic. Up until a couple days ago, the site said the series was 'still being shopped.' I knew it wouldn't be a BM production any longer because the entire staff was either reassigned or terminated by early May and the office space now houses Human Resources. Here's that link: http://tinyurl.com/hlu46

Sorry to be the bearer of such sad news on this sunny :::blazing hot::: Saturday morning. On the other hand, I, for one, am more than happy not to stress away half the summer with high hopes of Starting Over's return.

And, Sharina, thankX so much for telling me about TinyUrl! I'd love to hear from the fibro-gals through PM and maybe we'll meet someplace else to chat and snark about a tv show. My choices are limited as I don't have cable and the signal from CBS has too much static and snow to be watchable. I am a huge fan of General Hospital and The People's Court. Also like that medical drama that follows Housewives. Bones, is it?
Incognito

Edited:

The terminations and reassignments took place in March, not May. That durned fibro-fog is a b!tch.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Don't have to wait till July... surferstar 06-03-06 1
   RE: Don't have to wait till July... staceeturner 06-03-06 2
       RE: Don't have to wait till July... Shazbot 06-03-06 3
   RE: Don't have to wait till July... Incognito 06-03-06 4
       RE: Don't have to wait till July... BlingBlong 06-03-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

surferstar 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-03-06, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail surferstar Click to send private message to surferstar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Don't have to wait till July..."
Hi Incognito:

You certainly did some great detective work.
Here’s another URL to make a link usable: http://www.makeashorterlink.com

For me it’s a relief that the show has been cancelled.
It was going nowhere!

Most of the SO guests who “graduated" kept returning to the show for more “problem solving”! It was excruitating to watch the same old faces return for another “makeover”, not to mention the farce of the graduating ceremony.

My tevo got a workout fast-forwarding through the few shows I ultimately watched during the last season.

staceeturner 183 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-03-06, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Don't have to wait till July..."
Thank you for the info, I for one can now go to the day shift at my job ( I know it's called addiction)! I worked the 1:00-9:30 PM shift just so I could watch SO, well now which I prefer will go to 6:00Am-2:30pm. and not have to worry about this drama anymore.. which was getting sickening anyhow.

short&sassy

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-03-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Don't have to wait till July..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-03-06 AT 01:50 PM (EST)

And from March 2005
NBC’s syndicated daytime reality series Starting Over has been renewed for a third season. Obsessive fans can breath a sigh of relief now that part of each day will continue to be consumed by the real-life problems of others. Further, NBC, which produces the show, announced that “the series has received more than 35 local market upgrades for the 2005-2006 TV season,” which basically means that the show will air in a new time slot. An NBC exce says the show “is truly becoming a daytime franchise and we head into our third season with tremendous momentum, especially with women under 50, which is so rare and valuable in daytime.”
----------------------------------------------------------------

- I wonder what happened to these sentiments - "especially with women under 50, which is so rare and valuable in daytime".

Cause you lost us - producers, or whoever... I for one will never turn the tv on again in the daytime.

Edited to add: And that's a GOOD thing!

Incognito 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

06-03-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito Click to send private message to Incognito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Don't have to wait till July..."
surferstar wrote:
>Hi Incognito:
>
>You certainly did some great detective
>work.
>Here’s another URL to make a
>link usable: http://www.makeashorterlink.com
>
>For me it’s a relief that
>the show has been cancelled.
>
>It was going nowhere!
>
>Most of the SO guests who
>“graduated" kept returning to the
>show for more “problem solving”!
>It was excruitating to watch
>the same old faces return
>for another “makeover”, not to
>mention the farce of the
>graduating ceremony.
>
>My tevo got a workout fast-forwarding
>through the few shows I
>ultimately watched during the last
>season.

ThankX so much for the compliment(s). It wasn't so much detective work as having saved some old articles and waiting for the definitive answer.

Moving to LA wasn't the downfall of the program. Plopping the gals in a house that had already been used for a reality tv show that needed it's contestants isolated was. It was a record breaking rainy winter and we all saw the gals housebound and playing cards and fighting and little else. Oh, and God help the gal who wanted to take a walk! Remember Towanda?

The Valley house was much more user friendly. But, the braying donkey "owned" the show by then. LaLa's ego is only surpassed by her wardrobe. Those cow beads she's wearing now, in the confesh, I wish, would knock her teeth out. I hate this woman for what she did to a friendly daytime program.

She snubbed Oprah and went with the barracuda, Barbara Walters, and was cut off above the knees. Did she learn anything? Maybe. But, not until it was too late for a show I enjoyed. Millions of us did. I think TGMF brought the show to an end by herself. Congrats MamaIY.
Incognito

BlingBlong 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-03-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlingBlong Click to send private message to BlingBlong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Don't have to wait till July..."
Well here’s two good links for you on this subject, one on Iyanla and that comment about the boards, and one on your idea about Iyanla being the downfall of SO.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/reality-tv-world-goes-behind-scenes-of-starting-over-new-los-angeles-home-2897.php

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID91/1510.shtml#34

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •