The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Those ceramic pears.........."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

JeanineLaurie 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-28-06, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeanineLaurie Click to send private message to JeanineLaurie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Those ceramic pears.........."
I have searched high and low on the internet to find those cermaic pears! Anyone know where they can be purchased?! Thanks..........J
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Those ceramic pears.......... beautyboyknockout 05-28-06 1
   RE: Those ceramic pears.......... C_Mar 06-01-06 14
 RE: Those ceramic pears.......... techstyle 05-28-06 2
   RE: Those ceramic pears.......... SeasonedRefinement 05-28-06 4
 RE: Those ceramic pears.......... bookwomanblue 05-28-06 3
 RE: Those ceramic pears.......... JustBNMe 05-28-06 5
   RE: Those ceramic pears.......... bellyButton 05-28-06 6
       RE: Those ceramic pears.......... honeyb 05-28-06 7
           Thank you for all your help........... JeanineLaurie 05-29-06 8
           RE: Those ceramic pears.......... petmama 06-01-06 15
       RE: Those ceramic pears.......... petmama 06-07-06 16
 FOUND THEM!!!!!!! pmfmpls 05-29-06 10
   RE: FOUND THEM!!!!!!! techstyle 05-29-06 11
   RE: FOUND THEM!!!!!!! JeanineLaurie 05-29-06 12
       RE: FOUND THEM!!!!!!! pmfmpls 05-29-06 13
           RE: FOUND THEM!!!!!!! BrenMo 06-10-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

beautyboyknockout 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-28-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beautyboyknockout Click to send private message to beautyboyknockout Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Those ceramic pears.........."
Probably a local California artist made them, the house was full of unique art.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

C_Mar 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-01-06, 02:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail C_Mar Click to send private message to C_Mar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Those ceramic pears.........."
OMG I was wondering about them! LOL!!

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-28-06, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Those ceramic pears.........."
LAST EDITED ON 05-29-06 AT 08:24 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-29-06 AT 08:22 AM (EST)

I have no info. on those ceramic pears but..... as an alternative, even though they are much shorter than the pears-- they make quite a statement when grouped together.............. Check out glassybaby.com for truly beautiful heavy weight colored glass votives. They are magical when lit. Click on the mag. pages under buzz. I just received some for mothers day in a favorite color palette of mine and my mothers. I have just lost my mom and well, I can not say enough good things about them. They are pricey so watch out. I just wanted to add that glassybaby was started by a woman who is a 3x cancer survivor who has 3 children, she began in her garage creating something in an effort to heal and her business has grown--large. Her products continue to heal. 10% of sales on some of the colors go to good causes. Her story, to me, is inspirational! You certainly can not go wrong with adding some more COLOR and LIGHT to your life. (I do not work for glassy baby) Good luck with your search.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-28-06, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Those ceramic pears.........."
You may have more luck if you modify your search.

I never thought those pears were ceramic -- I thought they were solid wax with a very shiny coating on them. I'm not talking about that hollow, cheap wax fruit from the 60's and 70's. These are sculptured wax pieces that you would find in a Wicks & Sticks, but you wouldn't burn.

Anyway, I'm a candle and home decor nut, and I know of a couple of sites you might want to check out. If you want beautiful, realistic looking pears in colors like green, gold, or scarlet, google The Pear Tree Candle Company. Also, a company called Artwax.com makes some beautiful pears -- not realistic in color -- in shades of gold, light green, dark green, red, yellow, and brown. You can burn them (I wouldn't - too pretty) or display them.

If you really want ceramic or glass, I've seen some pure white pears and some green see-through glass pears, but nothing pastel. You could also go to a ceramic shop, make your own, paint them whatever colors you want, and glaze them. Even if you have no artistic talent, it isn't hard at all. Usually, you pick what you want and paint it.

One last thought...you could check the SO credits and get the name of the set dresser, art director, or decorator/designer. Then google that individual and see if they have an e-mail address - you'd be going right to the source.

I would also check Ethan Allen. They furnished the house, and the pears may be one of their home accent pieces.

Good luck - they're out there somewhere. I'm sure they didn't make six pears and then destroy the mold. I'll keep my eyes open in my travels!

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-28-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Those ceramic pears.........."
They have a "House Art Tour" under the In The House section of the SO website. I didn't see those pears but there were a couple of pottery artists shown. If you can't track it down that way, you might want to write and ask them.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-28-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Those ceramic pears.........."
I don't know where the pears can be bought but who knows....maybe if you watch eBay in the next few weeks Christie and Jodi will be trying to sell those next. Knowing how sneaky they are they probably pilfered a few things to sell from their stay in the SOH. It would not surprise me in the least.

bellyButton 171 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-06, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bellyButton Click to send private message to bellyButton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Those ceramic pears.........."
http://www.barnardltd.com/$spindb.query.listall3.tdview.73

honeyb 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-06, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail honeyb Click to send private message to honeyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Those ceramic pears.........."
Those cermacic pears were a big discussion on one of the other boards. SOT. One of the girls said she found them at Target and they had a whole array of colors. They are not candles, just ceramic fruit. Looks nice arranged in a shallow bowl. I think she said she got them for $5.95 or maybe even cheaper, like $3 or 4 dollars. Of course if you have 10 or 12 of them it could run into around $100. All depends on what you want to spend, i guess. I am sure it was Target though. Target was advertised on the credits too. Hope you find what you are looking for.

05-29-06, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeanineLaurie Click to send private message to JeanineLaurie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Thank you for all your help.........."
I will continue my search, and let you know if I find anything that is "a-pear-ently" close to what I am searching for.

Jeanine

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-01-06, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Those ceramic pears.........."
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-06 AT 03:59 PM (EST)

Remember when DeBORah wanted directions to Tar-jay (Target) so she could get some hand weights? And, copped an attitude with Sinae?

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-07-06, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Those ceramic pears.........."
I just visited that website. They've got all kinds of very realistic looking fake fruit. Nothing cedramic, though. I'd get bisque (fired, but unglazed clay) pears. Glaze them. And, refire them. That way, you could choose colors to better match your home decor.

pmfmpls 149 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmfmpls Click to send private message to pmfmpls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "FOUND THEM!!!!!!!"
>I have searched high and low
>on the internet to find
>those cermaic pears! Anyone
>know where they can be
>purchased?! Thanks..........J

Hey Jeanine!!

Check out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ceramic-Bowl-w-Ceramic-Pears-Retail-310_W0QQitemZ4427698641QQcategoryZ45479QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

on Ebay, or the seller's store at:
http://stores.ebay.com/Design-Center-Direct

and type in "pears."

Hahahaha! I love a good Ebay challenge!!

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: FOUND THEM!!!!!!!"
HOW COOL ARE YOU pmfmpls! I laughed so hard when I saw them (again).

05-29-06, 07:18 PM (EST)
12. "RE: FOUND THEM!!!!!!!"
Pmfmpls ~ You ARE the best! Ohhh, they are so pretty, but I never thought they would be so pricey. I'm thinking about $10-$15 a pear maybe? Boy, was I off! This package is a bit too high for me.........but you are one heck of a detective!
~Jeanine

pmfmpls 149 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-06, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmfmpls Click to send private message to pmfmpls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: FOUND THEM!!!!!!!"
Thanks! I just about fell off my chair when I saw them! What a riot that they actually exist in the "real" world!!

I agree-- NOT worth a couple hundred bucks!

BrenMo 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-10-06, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrenMo Click to send private message to BrenMo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: FOUND THEM!!!!!!!"
How funny to see you all asking about the ceramic pears! I have loved those pears forever and was wondering about them myself! Guess we'll have to find something cheaper to take their place huh? lol But they are REALLY neat pears!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •