URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1508
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Those ceramic pears.........."

Posted by JeanineLaurie on 05-28-06 at 11:02 AM
I have searched high and low on the internet to find those cermaic pears! Anyone know where they can be purchased?! Thanks..........J

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Those ceramic pears.........."
Posted by beautyboyknockout on 05-28-06 at 11:07 AM
Probably a local California artist made them, the house was full of unique art.

Posted by C_Mar on 06-01-06 at 02:46 AM
OMG I was wondering about them! LOL!!

Posted by techstyle on 05-28-06 at 12:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-29-06 AT 08:24 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-29-06 AT 08:22 AM (EST)

I have no info. on those ceramic pears but..... as an alternative, even though they are much shorter than the pears-- they make quite a statement when grouped together.............. Check out glassybaby.com for truly beautiful heavy weight colored glass votives. They are magical when lit. Click on the mag. pages under buzz. I just received some for mothers day in a favorite color palette of mine and my mothers. I have just lost my mom and well, I can not say enough good things about them. They are pricey so watch out. I just wanted to add that glassybaby was started by a woman who is a 3x cancer survivor who has 3 children, she began in her garage creating something in an effort to heal and her business has grown--large. Her products continue to heal. 10% of sales on some of the colors go to good causes. Her story, to me, is inspirational! You certainly can not go wrong with adding some more COLOR and LIGHT to your life. (I do not work for glassy baby) Good luck with your search.

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 05-28-06 at 02:10 PM
You may have more luck if you modify your search.

I never thought those pears were ceramic -- I thought they were solid wax with a very shiny coating on them. I'm not talking about that hollow, cheap wax fruit from the 60's and 70's. These are sculptured wax pieces that you would find in a Wicks & Sticks, but you wouldn't burn.

Anyway, I'm a candle and home decor nut, and I know of a couple of sites you might want to check out. If you want beautiful, realistic looking pears in colors like green, gold, or scarlet, google The Pear Tree Candle Company. Also, a company called Artwax.com makes some beautiful pears -- not realistic in color -- in shades of gold, light green, dark green, red, yellow, and brown. You can burn them (I wouldn't - too pretty) or display them.

If you really want ceramic or glass, I've seen some pure white pears and some green see-through glass pears, but nothing pastel. You could also go to a ceramic shop, make your own, paint them whatever colors you want, and glaze them. Even if you have no artistic talent, it isn't hard at all. Usually, you pick what you want and paint it.

One last thought...you could check the SO credits and get the name of the set dresser, art director, or decorator/designer. Then google that individual and see if they have an e-mail address - you'd be going right to the source.

I would also check Ethan Allen. They furnished the house, and the pears may be one of their home accent pieces.

Good luck - they're out there somewhere. I'm sure they didn't make six pears and then destroy the mold. I'll keep my eyes open in my travels!

Posted by bookwomanblue on 05-28-06 at 02:01 PM
They have a "House Art Tour" under the In The House section of the SO website. I didn't see those pears but there were a couple of pottery artists shown. If you can't track it down that way, you might want to write and ask them.

Posted by JustBNMe on 05-28-06 at 03:47 PM
I don't know where the pears can be bought but who knows....maybe if you watch eBay in the next few weeks Christie and Jodi will be trying to sell those next. Knowing how sneaky they are they probably pilfered a few things to sell from their stay in the SOH. It would not surprise me in the least.

Posted by bellyButton on 05-28-06 at 05:02 PM
http://www.barnardltd.com/$spindb.query.listall3.tdview.73

Posted by honeyb on 05-28-06 at 09:34 PM
Those cermacic pears were a big discussion on one of the other boards. SOT. One of the girls said she found them at Target and they had a whole array of colors. They are not candles, just ceramic fruit. Looks nice arranged in a shallow bowl. I think she said she got them for $5.95 or maybe even cheaper, like $3 or 4 dollars. Of course if you have 10 or 12 of them it could run into around $100. All depends on what you want to spend, i guess. I am sure it was Target though. Target was advertised on the credits too. Hope you find what you are looking for.

"Thank you for all your help.........."
Posted by JeanineLaurie on 05-29-06 at 01:22 AM
I will continue my search, and let you know if I find anything that is "a-pear-ently" close to what I am searching for.

Jeanine

Posted by petmama on 06-01-06 at 03:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-06 AT 03:59 PM (EST)

Remember when DeBORah wanted directions to Tar-jay (Target) so she could get some hand weights? And, copped an attitude with Sinae?

Posted by petmama on 06-07-06 at 04:50 PM
I just visited that website. They've got all kinds of very realistic looking fake fruit. Nothing cedramic, though. I'd get bisque (fired, but unglazed clay) pears. Glaze them. And, refire them. That way, you could choose colors to better match your home decor.

"FOUND THEM!!!!!!!"
Posted by pmfmpls on 05-29-06 at 03:50 PM
>I have searched high and low
>on the internet to find
>those cermaic pears! Anyone
>know where they can be
>purchased?! Thanks..........J

Hey Jeanine!!

Check out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ceramic-Bowl-w-Ceramic-Pears-Retail-310_W0QQitemZ4427698641QQcategoryZ45479QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

on Ebay, or the seller's store at:
http://stores.ebay.com/Design-Center-Direct

and type in "pears."

Hahahaha! I love a good Ebay challenge!!

"RE: FOUND THEM!!!!!!!"
Posted by techstyle on 05-29-06 at 07:05 PM
HOW COOL ARE YOU pmfmpls! I laughed so hard when I saw them (again).

Posted by JeanineLaurie on 05-29-06 at 07:18 PM
Pmfmpls ~ You ARE the best! Ohhh, they are so pretty, but I never thought they would be so pricey. I'm thinking about $10-$15 a pear maybe? Boy, was I off! This package is a bit too high for me.........but you are one heck of a detective!
~Jeanine

Posted by pmfmpls on 05-29-06 at 09:04 PM
Thanks! I just about fell off my chair when I saw them! What a riot that they actually exist in the "real" world!!

I agree-- NOT worth a couple hundred bucks!

Posted by BrenMo on 06-10-06 at 08:09 AM
How funny to see you all asking about the ceramic pears! I have loved those pears forever and was wondering about them myself! Guess we'll have to find something cheaper to take their place huh? lol But they are REALLY neat pears!