The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Playing favorite - don't ya think"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

JACKBAUERSCHIC 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-05-06, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JACKBAUERSCHIC Click to send private message to JACKBAUERSCHIC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Playing favorite - don't ya think"
I see RB playing favorites so much. She doesn't do well with strong personalities like Niambi or Antonia. She tends to coddle the weak like Cassie. I can't quite grasp what I see... anyone else see this kinda thing with the LC's???
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... JustBNMe 05-06-06 1
 RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... creepyoldwoman 05-06-06 2
 RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... AshLanie 05-06-06 3
 RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... Redbud 05-06-06 4
   RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... AshLanie 05-07-06 8
 RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... MizJazmine 05-06-06 5
   RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... kristin830 05-06-06 6
       RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... VelvetElegance 05-07-06 7
       RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... Hateeveryone 05-10-06 15
           RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... Redbud 05-10-06 16
               RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... Hateeveryone 05-10-06 17
 RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... knitwit 05-07-06 9
   RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... VelvetElegance 05-07-06 10
       RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... JessicaRN 05-08-06 11
           RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... C_Mar 05-09-06 12
               RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... EMTBGRL 05-09-06 13
               RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... Redbud 05-09-06 14
               Stop the grammar policing Bebo 05-10-06 18
                   RE: Stop the grammar policing knitwit 05-11-06 19
                   RE: Stop the grammar policing Redbud 05-11-06 23
 RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... JACKBAUERSCHIC 05-11-06 20
 RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... BlueCollar Blonde 05-11-06 21
 RE: Playing favorite - don't ya thi... BlueCollar Blonde 05-11-06 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-06-06, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
I see both LC's playing favorites. IV seems to be more apt to hug and extend more effort to the African American HG and she sure hugged and coddled Allisham alot. OMG who can forget their little love fest of going back and forth saying "I'll miss you more" when Allison was graduating or the image of Iguana rubbing Allishams feet. Rhonda does seem to favor those who are chunky and the likes of Josie (think it was more for Chloe's sake though)and Christie she likes because it was a good lead in to the release of her book about body image.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

creepyoldwoman 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-06-06, 06:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail creepyoldwoman Click to send private message to creepyoldwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
Yea, I agree with RB preferring "weak" hg. I think Antonia would chop her up and spit her out. RB let baby spit Lisa go on for too long. She would have let Antonia slide for years slopping around and not doing her assignments.

Although, passive Lisa did have IY and not RB.

I also think Christie would have benefitted from being with IY instead of RB due to the body image thing.
I also noticed that Iy takes a more maternal posture when dealing with African American women. It's like she becomes a mother figure (this makes some sense from the show when IY said that AA women are not allowed to talk badly about their mothers) however I don't see that with her and Jodi. They truly seem to be at odds with each other like IY doesn't like Jodi and Jodi doesn't respect Iy or something.

I would have liked to see RB take on an African American woman while Iy got RB's preference of the weak Cassie type, if there was a weak Cassie type in the house at the time. I think sometimes IY has a hard time seprating her own issues from the HGs.

Btw, I really can't stand Cassie.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-06-06, 06:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-06 AT 05:54 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-06-06 AT 06:47 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-06-06 AT 06:43 AM (EST)

Hmmm..I typed in the wrong place..

Coffee time..

Arg edited to retype I for the letter U I meant I had typed in the wrong place not anyone.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
I wonder if the LC know how obvious it is that they play favorites. Here's what I saw/see:

Rhonda's Favorites: Jessica, Christie, Cassie
IV: Alison, Jill and Naimbi (Jill was a bit different though, she put Jill threw some s*&^, but Lord, they let her stay FOREVER)

Who am I missing?

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-07-06, 06:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
>I wonder if the LC know
>how obvious it is that
>they play favorites. Here's what
>I saw/see:
>
>Rhonda's Favorites: Jessica, Christie, Cassie
>
>IV: Alison, Jill and Naimbi
>(Jill was a bit different
>though, she put Jill threw
>some s*&^, but Lord, they
>let her stay FOREVER)
>
>Who am I missing?

Rachel was also IV's fav.

Not sure how long Jill was there but Rachel came in right after or jsut before (Her and Renee came in either the same day or within a day apart) Sommer in season two (About Oct/Nov season two) and was there til April of the following year.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-06, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
Rhonda's been playing favorites from the get go. Andy Paige was Rhonda's favorite from the 1st season. Unfortunately a majority of the hg's have had the distict displeasure of Andy's nightmare makeovers, while many of us viewers have watched in total horror screaming those immortal words of Phoebe from Friends, "My eyes...my eyes!!!"

I have always felt like Rhonda liked women that she percieved as being weaker than her. That way they're not her equal and she can reign queen supreme or appear (and I am talking appearances here) to be benevolent.

I don't think Jill started out being Iyanla's fav, but by the end of her stay I think she was. Allison for sure was but I think that went way beyond the show.

kristin830 23 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-06, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kristin830 Click to send private message to kristin830 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
I don't think Rhonda likes to be challenged. Rhonda likes to pick her mirrors so she can keep telling herself how worthy she is. Iyanla likes to pick replacements for her lost daughter. I think all of her HG have resembled her daughter in a way.

Rhonda: divorced, former alcoholic,over weight for a time,viewed brutal murder of mother and suicide of father. Now think of some of her house guests...
Kim: abusive father, loss of mother
Christie: over weight, alcoholic, basically raised without parents, overweight
Jessica: loss of mother in a tragic death
Denise: abusive father

Iyanla: Lost child to cancer. Was challenged by her daughter. Unloved by mother as a child. Lost contact with sister.
Allison: cancer victim
Rachel: young african american girl without mother, who died of cancer. outcast of the family.
Niambi: outcast of family. Young african american woman.
Antonia: lively african American woman who puts a twinkle in Iyanla's eye.

It's just a thought...

VelvetElegance 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-07-06, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VelvetElegance Click to send private message to VelvetElegance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
Kristin..While I disagree with your assertion that Rhonda doesn't like to be challenged, I think you may be onto something where Iyanla in concerned. I think it's more likely that Rhonda's more skilled at the "touchy feely pop-psyche crap" that came about in the 60s as evidenced by how many psycho-babble buzz words she likes to throw around.

SIDEBAR: How come Dr. Stan, the real psychologist doesn't feel compelled to use any of those silly words, but the pretend therapists, the LCs, who actually refer to themselves as actually having "sessions", throw them around freely? Just wondering.

If I may expound upon your post for a bit:

Iyanla: Lost child to cancer. Was challenged by her daughter. Was herself challenged as a daughter by her mother in an abusive way. Eventually abandoned by parents and other important family members. Acted out sexually for a while. Had three children out of wedlock while struggling financially.

Of those few things I listed, you could attribute them to pretty much every HG she has worked with leaving me to wonder if she picks the HG or if that is the work of the production staff.

Also, I think it's clear that Iyanla uses the women to work through her own issues with her daughters whatever they may be, but it's clear from her actions on the show, creative editing aside, that those relationships in some way must have their own challenges.

Hateeveryone 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-10-06, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Hateeveryone Click to send private message to Hateeveryone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
I do agree with you on a lot of the things you said BUT ANTONIA is not African American. She's a mixed girl, she looks more spanish than African American. Just because someones "darker" doesn't mean they are AA.

I'm a black person but I don't like people calling me AA, I was born in the West Indies not in Africa. Come on people let us get with the program here.

Part of the problem is that Black Americans caused this on themselves when they decided that they wanted to be "different". They talk about going to Africa and blah blah blah but I know for a fact they would visit and come right back home.

FOOD FOR THE THOUGHT:
Don't go for looks; they can deceive.
Don't go for wealth; even that fades away.
Go for someone who makes your heart smile,
because it only takes one smile to make a dark day seem bright!
Find the one that makes your heart smile. "
"Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

05-10-06, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
Dear HateEveryone - quite an interesting name you have there. Welcome to the Boards.

Hateeveryone 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hateeveryone Click to send private message to Hateeveryone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
Thanks Redbud. I always read the boards but never said anything until now. SO has turned out to be a 2nd or 3rd rate show. It's all about ratings and the LC do play favourites(I know I spelled it "wrong" but I learned the British way).

I hate that IV has to get all the black people and RB gets the white ones. This is part of what is making the country divide.Why do u have to separate the races? I must say though that some of the black women on the show made me want to hide because they proved the myth "Black women are angry" right. Particularly Tess and the one that claimed she wasn't having sex.

Very interesting I think.

FOOD FOR THE THOUGHT:
Don't go for looks; they can deceive.
Don't go for wealth; even that fades away.
Go for someone who makes your heart smile,
because it only takes one smile to make a dark day seem bright!
Find the one that makes your heart smile. "
"Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved

knitwit 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-06, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knitwit Click to send private message to knitwit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-06 AT 01:08 PM (EST)

VelvetElegance 72 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-06, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VelvetElegance Click to send private message to VelvetElegance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
Knitwit, I don't think that's what we are saying here at all. I can't point to one example where one LC favors one HG over another. I think the larger issues her are that the women tend to find themselves assigned to the coaches who seem to *mirror* their own issues. I don't think Rhonda could ever effectively coach Allison the same way Iyanla did. The same way, Iyanla doesn't spend a lot of time talking about food and eating. Seems like the ppl Rhonda coaches, tend to have food issues.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-08-06, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
I remember thinking that Rhonda was pretty mean to messy Denise from season 2. Last year, she didn't really like Sommer either, but since Sommer decided to come back, Rhonda seems kind of smugly pleased. I never felt as if Rhonda liked TJ either. For the first few weeks, Iyanla didn't treat Jill very well. I suppose that as in anything, there are just some people that you click with more than others. At times that must be difficult to do your best with your clients.

C_Mar 55 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 06:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail C_Mar Click to send private message to C_Mar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
It seems like Andy turned into Rhonda's best friend after she graduated. It looks like Christie is now taking Andy's place in that spot. ;)
I would love to see Antonia and Rhonda go at it. Rhonda would have to go home and have a drink.

BTW, everyone, "a lot" are two separate words.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-09-06, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
>It seems like Andy turned into
>Rhonda's best friend after she
>graduated. It looks like Christie
>is now taking Andy's place
>in that spot. ;)
>I would love to see Antonia
>and Rhonda go at it.
>Rhonda would have to go
>home and have a drink.
>

ha ha ha!! Lmao

>BTW, everyone, "a lot" are two
>separate words.

True! And, since we are on the grammar track, may I add:
"all right" --two words. Thanks for letting me share!!

I'll take a stab at the colloquialism "go at it" (for fun), (a la Monty Python) "I'd like to see Antonia and Rhonda fight each other while standing in six feet of water, and armed with nothing but sledgehammers." --My money would be on Antonia! (if she napped first, of course!) ;)

05-09-06, 07:10 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
>It seems like Andy turned into
>Rhonda's best friend after she
>graduated. It looks like Christie
>is now taking Andy's place
>in that spot. ;)
>I would love to see Antonia
>and Rhonda go at it.
>Rhonda would have to go
>home and have a drink.

It was painfully obvious that Rhonda favored Jessica. I don't think Rhonda can take a tough character like Antonia. Remember how fussy Rhonda would get when Lisa would be late, or not call her on her cell. RHonda may be compassionate, but i think she has a relatively short fuse.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-06, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Stop the grammar policing"
Nit-picking the grammar and spelling of other posters falls into the bashing category on these forums. Over the years, we moderators have gotten tired of posters trying to take show discussions off-topic by picking at other posters, and this behavior will not be tolerated.

knitwit 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail knitwit Click to send private message to knitwit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Stop the grammar policing"
Thanks bebo, that is why I deleted my message.

05-11-06, 04:35 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Stop the grammar policing"
>Nit-picking the grammar and spelling of
>other posters falls into the
>bashing category on these forums.
> Over the years, we
>moderators have gotten tired of
>posters trying to take show
>discussions off-topic by picking at
>other posters, and this behavior
>will not be tolerated.

Wasn't me...wasn't my posts

JACKBAUERSCHIC 16 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JACKBAUERSCHIC Click to send private message to JACKBAUERSCHIC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
kristin830 20 desperate attention whore postings
"RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
I don't think Rhonda likes to be challenged. Rhonda likes to pick her mirrors so she can keep telling herself how worthy she is. Iyanla likes to pick replacements for her lost daughter. I think all of her HG have resembled her daughter in a way.

RB told us in class that the HG's come in as replacements to one who left and they do not get to chose who they get. IV has a graduate today, next in is hers and so on. Makes sense for the #'s each has at one time, but how can we then explain why IV gets all the AA's of BA's or whatever is correct to say

And yes RB need to keep herself on top of others somehow, she can't take feeling less than, it is her self image that gets her acting this silly way... poor RB, I just don't get hang ups of herself.

BlueCollar Blonde 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-06, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
There's no doubt there are favorites in the SO house. I think RB is much worse when it comes to this than IV however. I am so glad that IV was with the women at dinner on today's show because had RB been there, Christie would have come out of it looking like the victim who did nothing wrong. As we all saw however, she ended up apologizing to Antonia for not supporting her. Obviously if this were all their issues (Niambi and Antonia) then there would have been no need for Christie to apologize. We'll get to see even more the favoritism RB has for Christie as the argument or disagreement between her and Niambi come to a head.

RB has also continued to expose her season 1 favorite, Andy Paige, on the show and has apparently succeeded in making her successful. Guess RB wants to be along for the ride so she can bask in the glory of knowing it's all because of her that AP is a fashion make-over expert (even if it only is in RB's and AP's mind).

BlueCollar Blonde 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-06, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Playing favorite - don't ya think"
There's no doubt there are favorites in the SO house. I think RB is much worse when it comes to this than IV however. I am so glad that IV was with the women at dinner on today's show because had RB been there, Christie would have come out of it looking like the victim who did nothing wrong. As we all saw however, she ended up apologizing to Antonia for not supporting her. Obviously if this were all their issues (Niambi and Antonia) then there would have been no need for Christie to apologize. We'll get to see even more the favoritism RB has for Christie as the argument or disagreement between her and Niambi come to a head.

RB has also continued to expose her season 1 favorite, Andy Paige, on the show and has apparently succeeded in making her successful. Guess RB wants to be along for the ride so she can bask in the glory of knowing it's all because of her that AP is a fashion make-over expert (even if it only is in RB's and AP's mind).

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •