The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shortning Bread?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-26-06, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shortning Bread?"
I've noticed that, over the past few days, that when Iyanla enters the SOH, especially when she's working with a black HG, the turn to Shortning Bread starts playing. What's with that, I wonder?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shortning Bread? sharnina 04-26-06 1
   RE: Shortning Bread? Mama_Pita 04-27-06 2
   RE: Shortning Bread? Lanna42 04-27-06 3
 RE: Shortning Bread? pmfmpls 04-27-06 4
   RE: Shortning Bread? mamarose 04-28-06 5
       RE: Shortning Bread? VelvetElegance 04-28-06 6
           RE: Shortning Bread? petmama 05-02-06 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-26-06, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shortning Bread?"
I noticed that today, too. But it was playing today when the HG's were preparing their El Pollo Loco dinner (more product placement).

Here are the lyrics just for fun - not the most politically correct but better than the original.

Mamma's little baby loves shortnin', shortnin'
Mamma's little baby loves shortnin' bread

Three little children layin' in the bed
Two were sick and the other 'most dead
Sent for the doctor, the doctor said
"Feed those children on shortnin' bread"

When those children layin' in the bed
Heard that talk about shortnin' bread
They popped up well and started to sing
Skipping 'round the room doing the pigeon wing

Put on the skillet
Put on the lid
Mamma's going to make some shortnin' bread
That's not all she's going to do
Mamma's going to cook us some cocoa too

I snuck to the kitchen, picked up the lid
I filled my pockets full of shortnin' bread
I winked at the pretty little girl and said
"Baby, how'd you like some shortnin' bread"

Got caught with the skillet
Got caught with the lid
Got caught with my mouth full of shortnin' bread
Six months for the skillet, six months for the lid
Six months in the jail eatin' shortnin' bread

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Mama_Pita 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mama_Pita Click to send private message to Mama_Pita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Shortning Bread?"
OMG you have way too much time on your hands, Thanks for the lyrics,

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-27-06, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Shortning Bread?"
That was very observant of both of you Petmama and Sharnina.(Sorry,think I've been misspelling your name.)Thanks for the lyrics.LOL. Someones definitely screwing with the background music trying to be funny.Politically correct.......well no......but then WE didn't choose the music.What's next a rendition of "Pop Goes the Weasel"for when Iyanla chases the HG's threw the rose garden during one of her exercises? Or for when Jodi springs up from underneath a hedge to give one of her hugs? I'm not going to be able to get "Mamma's little baby loves shortnin bread" out of my head now. A song to vacuum and dust by.

pmfmpls 149 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmfmpls Click to send private message to pmfmpls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Shortning Bread?"
for real?? how inappropriate!! I have to listen now...

mamarose 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-06, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mamarose Click to send private message to mamarose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Shortning Bread?"
Speaking of inappropriate, how about the saxaphony stripper music they used to play when Christina was on, or even more humiliating, the oompa-loompa circus music when Jill was trudging all her "baggage" up the stairs? Doesn't really fit into the supportive intent of the show....

VelvetElegance 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-28-06, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VelvetElegance Click to send private message to VelvetElegance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shortning Bread?"
Not to pile on but even tho SO has been nominated for a numerous awards, I am often amazed at at surprisingly low production value of the show in general. I mean the blatant product placement that we've spoken about here..The obvious re-dubbed voice overs..and don't even get me started on the non-continuity of editing. How many times have they shown Iyanla talking one minute about something and then they cut away to her in confessional with her talking about the same thing on a completely differnt day on a day long sense past. You can tell the day was long ago based on her weight (which has fluctuated quite a bit this year) and her hair.. It's like they don't even bother with the pretense of continuity. Sometimes, it looks as if Rhonda is actually getting stage direction on camera. Sadly, to me, there is less and less *real* about SO.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-02-06, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Shortning Bread?"
And, let's not forget all those confessional shot of Rhonda over the past two weeks. In the cream and gold sofa upholstery cloth jacket over a greenish ruffled blouse. An outfit she hasn't worn in almost a month. Got too tight, I'll bet.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •